Addressing Some Issues

compose a reply
Addressing Some IssuesJul 27, 2022 10:36:34 GMT -5
Kiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Tag: N/A
Title: Addressing Some Issues
Hex: e85fb0
Summary: Kiko, the Head of the Waruichi, addresses the clan to put some issues to rest.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Shinigami-chan, the true head of the waruichi clan

For some time, the Waruichi clan had been in turmoil. Not awful, deadly turmoil leaving the clan in shambles, but bad enough that much of their functions had been disrupted in at least some fashion.

A coup, though small, had created problems. Fortune, though, was on the side of the Waruichi, and death claimed the ringleader before any permanent damage could be done.

Now, some time after the coup had ended, a notice had been given to all the Waruichi. Kiko, the head of the clan, would be addressing all who chose to attend. It made it clear that main family members were expected to attend, as were any prominent branch family members. Those who had prior obligations for the clan or village were exempt. 

Two weeks later, the assembly convened. The meeting grounds of the Waruichi compound had been prepared, and Kiko sat on a modestly comfortable cushion upon a raised platform that acted as a stage. Around her were a number of silk banners for the clan to add a little flair. 

She was not alone, though. Aside from a handful of loyal retainers that served as guards, her parents were present, and seated nearby. Kanka, the head of the branch family, was also present, as well as several other prominent individuals such as her uncle, Hagoromo. Effectively, the big wigs of the Waruichi had gathered together.

Soon enough, it was time to begin.

Kiko rose from her seat as an attendant quieted the crowd, and she stepped up towards the front to address the crowd.

"Thank you for attending this assembly. It is the first our clan has held in some time, and it is the first since I have become head of the clan."

She paused for a moment to let things settle, then continued. "There are several things I wish to address today, chief among them is the recent conduct of several members in the clan. As you are aware, my father, the previous clan head, stepped down.

"This normally selfless act that is done for the good of the clan was not something he chose to do on his own. My grandmother, the clan elder and previous clan head, Jakujurei, had convinced my father in his wounded and ailing state that it would be best for him to step aside. She had assured him that this would be the best for the clan.

"My father believed his mother, for why would someone who led this clan, and who looked over him and taught him for most of his life, seek to harm our clan? None among us would have harbored doubts, and neither did he."

Kiko turned to look at her father, Yukinaga, who had since recovered to full health, and smiled before turning back to the crowd. "Jakujurei, having convinced him to abdicate, recommended that in place of the normal clan proceedings, that she be established as regent, claiming that I was too young and inexperienced to take my rightful place as clan head without further guidance. 

"On it's own, this request is hardly unreasonable. At the time, even I could not have complained, nor did I. Though I felt ready enough, there was still much to learn, and such a sudden transition could have been difficult for anyone.

"But it was not out of the goodness of her heart that Jakujurei did this. As soon as my father's abdication was finalized and she claimed her temporary power, she utilized it to upend our clan's laws and traditions, and bypassed the line of succession to establish my cousin, Kana, as heir to the clan."

Kiko took a moment to pause. She was not much of a speaker, and so lengthy speeches were difficult for her. Not to mention, the normally soft-spoken, silken-voiced girl had some trouble projecting consistently for the entire crowd. Soon enough, she was ready to continue.

"This abnormal move was not warranted, nor necessary. However, it was for Jakujurei to maintain her power. Kana, ever loyal to the clan, is the type to oppose her superiors. Whether she knew it was right or wrong, she could not say no - but neither can most of you.

"Kana being my heir was not the problem, the problem came when Jakujurei began making her move. Spreading vile rumors and disinformation to turn the clan against me, and then hiring assassins from outside the clan to take my life - this is where the problem arose.

"She chose to reshape the clan for her own benefit, to regain power that she had given up long ago. By using the impressionable Kana, she seemed to feel she could solidify her new-found power and maintain this illegally established status quo. 

"Fate was not kind to Jakujurei, however. Before her plans could fully come to fruition, death claimed her. With her death, her influence waned and her betrayal of the clan ended. 

"Therefore, the first matter of the day is to establish this: Waruichi Jakujurei was a traitor to this clan. She betrayed me, she betrayed you, and she besmirched the honor and memories of our ancestors. Henceforth, she shall be remembered merely by her given name. She will not be remembered as a member of this clan, but as nothing more than a traitor. Henceforth, this shall be what our children are taught, and it shall remain a lasting stain that is used as a reminder that loyalty is precious and should never be taken for granted."

The first issue had been dealt with. However, Kiko had more to say and more to do. The clan had become disorganized, and it needed to be repaired. 

"The next issue to rectify is that of the changes brought about by Jakujurei's betrayal. With her passing, my father, Yukinaga, will become the new clan elder for the main family, as is tradition. To restore the line of succession to its rightful order, my uncle, Hagoromo, will serve as my heir until one of us perishes or I produce an heir of my own. Kana, who had until now served as the heir of the clan, will be returned to her place in the line of succession."

"The last issue that remains is to deal with the fallout of the betrayal. Going forward, Kana, who claims unwilling participation in Jakujurei's coup, shall be placed under house arrest with minimal contact for a minimum of two weeks, and no more than three months. After which she will be released to return to her duties. During this following period, she will be under observation by one or more members of our clan.

"This period of observation will continue until I end it and will serve thee purposes. Chiefly, it will be to ensure that Kana is not targeted by anyone who believes that she deserves punishment beyond what she is receiving. Aside from that purpose, it will also serve to watch for any conspirators of the past that may seek to utilize Kana for nefarious means, and finally, to observe Kana for the protection of the clan. This will, as mentioned, continue until there is no threat remaining."

Kiko took a moment to pause and collect herself, but also let anyone who wanted to murmur among the crowd do so. She had, at least, addressed the major concerns that needed to be taken care of.

"With this problem behind us, the clan is ready to move forward. The markets are once again open and there is no interference from political entities. Our businesses should flourish, and so should we. As of now, you are dismissed. Thank you for your time."

With her address to the clan completed, Kiko returned to her cushion and sat down to deliberate with the other clan leaders. There was much to do going forward, but at least the past wouldn't hang over their heads any longer.

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 170 posts