TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
A
nother class of genin had graduated and this meant more forces joining the field, ready to carry out missions and help Yukigakure grow into a better village. It was always important to Shuka to importantly monitor newer recruits, to get to know their needs and goals and help them develop into the shinobi they wanted to be. For this reason, she had decided that this year she was going to do her best to meet with members of graduating classes so she could learn about them. Knowing her soldiers on a personal level was also going to be important to being a good leader in her mind.

This hour, she had a meeting with Hoshino Kohaku. Her profile indicated that she had struggled somewhat in the academy, but made it through on merit of her hard work. She favored bukijutsu and had a fuuton nature. With those notes in her belt, Shuka signaled to her bodyguard to let Kohaku into the office.

Shuka rose to greet the young woman, hands folded in front of her and a small, but serious, smile on her face. She motioned to the chair across the desk from her and said,

"Hello. Congratulations on your recent graduation from the academy. Please take a seat. Today, I was hoping that I could get to know you as a new member of our shinobi forces."

ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Aug 28, 2022 3:02:38 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Everyone has a part to play
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 11/18 rank Genin occupation
[attr="class","rlover"]
[attr="class","rloverFlowers"]

I won't give up 'cause there will be a day...

I'll be worth it

[attr="class","rloverTag"]Introductory Session

[attr="class","rloverImg"]

[attr="class","rloverText"]
❛❛

Having just graduated from the academy was such a great landmark in her shinobi training and honestly, Kohaku was very excited! Despite her difficulties, she proved with enough hard work anyone could do just about anything and talent was just the only thing someone could rely on. So to her, it meant the world held endless possibilities and she had unlocked the first step into doing her best for her village. Her parents couldn't be prouder of her too so she vowed to herself to make sure she succeeded for their sake too!

Though her celebration was slightly short-lived when she was informed she would be meeting with the head of the village. Why so soon? Shouldn't they be more concerned with the adults who were on the fronts of battle or the teachers of the academy and not a new shinobi genin? Did she do something wrong? Kohaku wasn't sure what to think about the meeting, but she steeled herself for the worst and would be unflinching in whatever she said. Once she made it to the building she was instructed to wait outside till she was called in and taking the quick moments of respite she took a few deep breaths to calm any remaining nerves she may have held.

Once she was let into the office by the bodyguard the village leader asked her to take a seat which Kohaku followed obediently. She kept quiet during that small exchange as she felt it was disrespectful to speak before being spoken to by a person of greater hierarchy than her. It only seemed respectful to her to follow the orders of the village head instead of questioning her actions or jumping in front of her and speaking her mind when she didn't have much experience to speak from.

Though it wouldn't be long before Kohaku would be allowed to talk and she was surprised to find the village head wanted to know more about her. "Yes, my lady," Kohaku would respond with a sort of salute to her voice. "As a newly graduated academy student, I will do my utmost best to live to the responsibilities and actions required of me for the village," Kohaku would say sounding almost rehearsed as if she had been saying this in a mirror for the past few days. "While I don't have much knowledge in the world of combat since I came from simple common folk origin I vow to live up to any expectations you place upon me and be the best shinobi I can be within the guidelines you request from me." Kohaku was simply rambling at this point as she was feeling a lot more nervous than she was expecting to be when meeting the village head.

[newclass=".rlover"]--black1: #2A2A2A; --black2: #1D1D1D; --pink2: #BEE6ED; --pink3: #DFFFFC;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rlover"]width: 500px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 30px; margin: 25px auto 10px auto; background-color: var(--black1); border-radius: 10px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; min-height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag"]border: 1px solid var(--black1); max-width: calc(100% - 60px); word-wrap: break-word; background: radial-gradient(50% 50% at 50% 50%, #1D1D1D 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.87) 58.67%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0) 100%);; padding: 20px 50px 20px 50px; height: max-content; margin-top: 165px; margin-bottom: 6px; z-index:3; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 7px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: var(--pink3); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag > a"]font-style: italic; text-decoration: none; color: var(--pink2); text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); z-index:3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverImg"]width: 70%; height: 250px; border-radius: 0px 10px 0px 0px; background: url("https://i.ibb.co/cyHDVNG/postie.png"); background-size: cover; filter: saturate(50%) brightness(50%); margin: -30px 0px 0px 120px; position: absolute; box-shadow: inset 110px -80px 70px rgba(81, 81, 81, 1); z-index:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText"]align-self: end; background-color: var(--black2); border-radius: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px 50px 25px 45px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > p"]font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; letter-spacing: 0.125em; color: white;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > div"]font-size: 48px; letter-spacing: 0.01em; color: var(--pink3); float:left; margin: 10px 10px -20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers"]position: absolute; width: 500px; margin: -30px 0px 0px -30px; z-index:3; border-radius: 10px; height: 300px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > img"]filter: saturate(8) contrast(1) brightness(0.2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h2"]position: absolute; top: 120px; left: 70px; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 9px; line-height: 6px; letter-spacing: 0.25em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px #000000; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h1"]top: 140px; left: 170px; position: absolute; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: italic; font-weight: 100; font-size: 24px; line-height: 12px; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px var(--pink2); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Hoshino Kohaku on Aug 28, 2022 3:03:36 GMT -5
Elumenate has written 81 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Aug 28, 2022 16:00:29 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
I
nteracting with young shinobi was always interesting. The rehearsed tone to her voice - Kohaku had probably been practicing what she was going to say since she learned of this meeting, wanting to come across as polite and dedicated as possible. That sort of performance would never really stop, even older shinobi acted like such to her nowadays, but with time it would flow more naturally. As it was, she sounded nervous, hesitant.

"You don't have to worry about coming from common origins," she assured. "An interesting fact about my life is that I came from a fishing family, not a shinobi one. A branch of the Yuki outside the village. I elected to come study to be a shinobi," she said. "And even those who come from shinobi families know little of real combat before they go out and experience it for themselves. As a new genin, you are now on a level playing field with your compatriots."

That wasn't what she was here to truly discuss today regardless. What she wanted to know was how she could support this young soldier in her journey to become a strong member of the community.

"That brings me to why I called you in here today. I wanted to ask you - what are your goals, now that you have graduated?"

has written 436 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Sept 6, 2022 16:16:16 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

"That's a relief," Kohaku would comment in turn when Lady Shuka mentioned they would all be on even ground. Kohaku always felt she would behind her fellow peers and would constantly have to play catch up and while to some degree she felt Lady Shuka might just be saying that to make her feel better it didn't stop her from raising her spirits to some degree. Especially when she also said she came from a rather common background much like herself.

Though now it came to the tough questions that Kohaku herself didn't think much of. Her goals were always simple to be better for both herself and her family. To prove herself as a shinobi and as someone who people could rely on when in need. What did this mean though? What kind of future could she have with such naive or simple thoughts? It was like she simply was gonna let life carry her in its wings and just see how her life would change based on that. So what could she even say to Lady Shuka that was proper or correct?

"Honestly? I'm not entirely sure." Kohaku looked down at her lap as she said this looking at her hands wondering what they could do for the village. "I've never thought much about what I wanted to do. I've always simply followed along with what I thought was required for me so looking towards what I want hasn't been something I have thought much of." Kohaku kind of felt a bit bad to admit this to Lady Shuka since it could mean she had no aspirations or dreams. Just another thing she fell behind on in her mind compared to her peers. She would clench her hands in preparation for Lady Shuka to reprimand her for not having any aspirations.

[newclass=".rlover"]--black1: #2A2A2A; --black2: #1D1D1D; --pink2: #BEE6ED; --pink3: #DFFFFC;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rlover"]width: 500px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 30px; margin: 25px auto 10px auto; background-color: var(--black1); border-radius: 10px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; min-height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag"]border: 1px solid var(--black1); max-width: calc(100% - 60px); word-wrap: break-word; background: radial-gradient(50% 50% at 50% 50%, #1D1D1D 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0.87) 58.67%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 0) 100%);; padding: 20px 50px 20px 50px; height: max-content; margin-top: 165px; margin-bottom: 6px; z-index:3; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 7px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: var(--pink3); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverTag > a"]font-style: italic; text-decoration: none; color: var(--pink2); text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); z-index:3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverImg"]width: 70%; height: 250px; border-radius: 0px 10px 0px 0px; background: url("https://i.ibb.co/cyHDVNG/postie.png"); background-size: cover; filter: saturate(50%) brightness(50%); margin: -30px 0px 0px 120px; position: absolute; box-shadow: inset 110px -80px 70px rgba(81, 81, 81, 1); z-index:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText"]align-self: end; background-color: var(--black2); border-radius: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 25px 50px 25px 45px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > p"]font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 300; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; letter-spacing: 0.125em; color: white;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverText > div"]font-size: 48px; letter-spacing: 0.01em; color: var(--pink3); float:left; margin: 10px 10px -20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers"]position: absolute; width: 500px; margin: -30px 0px 0px -30px; z-index:3; border-radius: 10px; height: 300px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > img"]filter: saturate(8) contrast(1) brightness(0.2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h2"]position: absolute; top: 120px; left: 70px; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 9px; line-height: 6px; letter-spacing: 0.25em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px #000000; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rloverFlowers > h1"]top: 140px; left: 170px; position: absolute; font-family: 'Fira Sans'; font-style: italic; font-weight: 100; font-size: 24px; line-height: 12px; letter-spacing: 0.2em; color: #FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px var(--pink2); text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Hoshino Kohaku on Sept 6, 2022 16:17:48 GMT -5
introductory session [kohaku]Sept 7, 2022 0:45:24 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he answer truthfully did not surprise her. It was not common for young people to fully know the trajectory of their lives, especially so soon after exiting the academy. Those who became shinobi often had less specific aims or passions than people who remained outside. If a person adopted a trade or such, they usually had a passion for it, at least a family history. Shinobi however came from many origins. People from all walks of life, from those with family legacies in the trade who joined on pure expectation to those who were raised of a common family and wanted to become part of a cause they saw as heroic.

The truth of being a shinobi was that most people on the outside knew little of the intricacies, of all the roles that they could have. If one had asked Shuka if she believed she would be part of the diplomatic corps, or inevitably the village leader, at Kohaku's age, she certainly would have said no. Life could continue to develop, aspirations could continue to develop, even very late into life.

That was why Shuka nodded slowly at the response, clearly contemplative.

"That's alright. That's understandable. You're still young - you want to be adaptable, open to new experiences. Not knowing where you are going can be a boon in this way," she informed her.

"You don't have to decide now. I just wanted to see what paths you might be interested in. You have time to learn... I can tell you a bit about the different paths available, if you would like."

has written 436 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Sept 16, 2022 17:28:17 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

When she spoke though Kohaku was a bit surprised to find she wasn't reprimanded by the village leader. She was quite understanding of the young girl. How though? Wasn't she supposed to be a leader and weren't leaders supposed to expect high expectations of their subjects? So why was she so kind? Was it simply a facade she was showing to Kohaku to not show her disappointment? Yeah, that had to be it, but Kohaku wasn't about to let disappointment control her emotions right now. She wasn't about to let her mind get ahead of herself just yet. She needed to prove her dedication to her leader so at least having an idea of her options was probably a good first step.

"If it's not too much trouble," Kohaku would say politely to her village leader. While she did feel it was asking a bit much for the leader to give her this information it would only prove beneficial to both of them if Kohaku had some semblance of an idea in her mind for the future. So any information her leader could give her was very much wanted. "Especially if you feel there is anything from our brief interactions you feel would be suitable for me as a future profession." Kohaku would add this line as a form of respect for her superior's status and wisdom as she felt the village leader would certainly have some idea for her.

last edit by Hoshino Kohaku on Sept 16, 2022 17:28:37 GMT -5
introductory session [kohaku]Sept 16, 2022 23:38:28 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
K
ohaku accepted her offer of advice and Shuka took a second to contemplate the specific question. Was there anything so far that seemed to stick out in her mind for Kohaku's potential? She was so young, pigeon-holing her seemed wrong. Still, there were some small things that she might be able to offer.

"It will largely depend how your skills develop, but bukijutsu users and others who prefer weaponry tend to fair best in the most combat-oriented roles. Specializing in operations teams that go out into the field or go on naval assignments is one such option, though there are also guarding duties, such as guarding the gates of the village or acting as one of my personal bodyguards." Bodyguarding roles could be somewhat strenuous, so that cast rotated somewhat frequently - there was a chance the position could still be open by the time Kohaku would reach a higher rank.

"There are also roles available that see slightly less combat, though. Academy instructors are a good example. People who remain within the village and focus on supporting it and refining the skills of the next generation. If you find yourself good at explaining concepts to others, or giving training often and enjoying it, that may be a good fit for you." Though given her own difficulties with the academy, that may not be appealing to Kohaku.

"We also have a diplomatic corps. This is a branch of shinobi that focus on the art of socialization and conflict resolution, working to use their skills to talk opponents down or forge alliances between groups rather than necessarily engaging in a fight first. Though they do still have their combat prowess. At the higher levels, diplomats may eventually become part of our shinobi council. And skilled members of operations teams can join our war council."
There really were a lot of options.

has written 436 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Sept 18, 2022 0:16:56 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

Kohaku listened to Lady Shuka's words and contemplated each option she was presented with. Sure it was a bit early to be thinking about these things but having at least a vague idea would help guide her down some path or at the very least paint a path for her to follow her own choices. Essentially a small guide to follow to have a destination she could strive for but deter off of if something else catches her eye.

She looked down a began mumbling in response to each option that Lady Shuka mentioned. "Being a bodyguard would certainly be a noble profession to undertake and while difficult could be something I know my parents would be proud of. I don't see myself being a rather good teacher due to the fact I have a hard time expressing things in a scholastic manner. My brain tends to jumble things into a mess that makes sense to me, but not necessarily to others though I guess that could be useful in diplomatic situations and finding ways to get others to agree to things that they don't realize they are agreeing to. Sort of like a fake truth, but not a lie situation."

Kohaku would look back up towards Lady Shuka and add, "This is a good foundation for me to step into to figure out what I wish to do in the future so I thank you for the words of advice." Kohaku would smile at her lady before asking, "Is there anything else you wanted from me?" She wanted to see what else the village head had in store for her since she was the one who called her to her office. Kohaku was a bit eager now instead of the nervous wreck she was when she first entered this room.

introductory session [kohaku]Sept 19, 2022 19:03:15 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
wo options appeared to have stood out to Kohaku, since she addressed them specifically. Bodyguarding and diplomatic ventures were the ones that seemed most like to be something Kohaku trusted herself to do. Perhaps Shuka would have to focus on assigning her to diplomatic and bodyguarding missions to help her gauge if those were tasks she actually enjoyed in practice instead of just in theory. Luckily, there was always plenty of work of that nature to go around for genin. Diplomatic ventures were slightly rarer, considering their delicacy, but Shuka would keep her eye out for possibilities.

Then Kohaku inquired if there was anything else Shuka had wanted of her. With their conversation about what Kohaku was interested in settled and her potential options laid out before her, Shuka had nothing else in specific that needed addressing. Kohaku was too new to her role for a proper assessment, after all.

"I believe that you can return to your regular duties now," Shuka assured her. "However, I wanted to let you know that even though I am the village leader, I will always make myself accessible to the members of this village. If you're ever in need of anything - from time off to training opportunities - please let me know. I will do my very best to assist you in anything. I am here to make every shinobi in this village as strong as they can be."

has written 436 posts
introductory session [kohaku]Oct 4, 2022 8:22:07 GMT -5
Hoshino Kohaku
Hoshino Kohaku Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[attr="class","rlover"]

I'll be worth it

❛❛

When Lady Shuka responded again she was relieving Hakusho from her office as they seem to have discussed what she wanted to know about her. She even told her that she would be able to be visited whenever Kohaku was needing assistance which was a nice gesture, but Kohaku knew in her heart she most likely wouldn't ask for any more help than what she already got today. Kohaku valued her doing things on her own and not bothering people as she valued their own time over her own. So she doubted she would take her up on the offer, but she wouldn't tell her this of course.

"Understood," Kohaku would say attentively. She would bow to Lady Shuka one last time before excusing herself from her office. Walking away from the office Kohaku began to collect her thoughts on the whole interaction and how her future was so wide open now. She didn't put much thought into her future especially since she didn't think she would ever become a ninja. She honestly thought she would be flunked out of the academy and just be resigned to working with her father. So to be able to have this opportunity to make a name for herself was like a bright light in a long tunnel of darkness. Feeling slightly invigorated she would pick up her pace and begin planning a personal training regime so she could be the best shinobi she could be.

last edit by Hoshino Kohaku on Oct 4, 2022 8:22:32 GMT -5