HomecomingOct 19, 2022 18:36:05 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday July 4th rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 2

a Noble or an Idol

Nerves

It had been such a long time since Uta had been home that it almost didn’t feel real to her. The large city certainly hadn’t changed much in the nearly five year absence of the girl. It looked smaller, but that was just by nature of Uta herself being bigger. In reality this city hadn’t changed much, it never did, it was always filled with the same politics that had driven the young girl away in the first place. She honestly didn’t know how true that mentality was yet, but she was on a mission to answer that question.

There was a difference this time, she had a friend with her. An actual friend, at least she hoped. Taki had been close to her for a few years now, ever since Uta had been brought to the village so long ago. But despite that friendship Uta had never really told Taki much about her family, sure she had introduced herself, her long noble name giving away at least a few elements of her posh upbringing, however, the girls more sorted history either parentage was purposefully kept away from her, for the betterment of both of them Uta told herself. Could she really justify that opinion though?

If there was ever a place ti find that out it be here in her hometown. Uta couldn’t even recall if she had ever told Taki she was born here. Certainly it was clear that she wasn’t from a shinobi village, but the irony of finding herself here in Kuwana wasn’t lost on her. What we’re the chances these would be the Chuunin exams she’d attend? Uta herself didn’t even recall signing up for them, though the girl was unfortunately used to instances such as that. 

Uta sat, high above many of the houses below her, her legs dangling off the sides of one of the many elevated walkways across the city. A part of the city she had never actually been to before herself, but somewhere her and Taki had planned to meet. 

made by eden @ gs and thq
last edit by Awa Uta on Oct 19, 2022 19:03:34 GMT -5
Tuturu has written 78 posts
HomecomingOct 23, 2022 12:21:29 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It was about a quarter to three and Taki was roaming the streets having just gotten off her patrol for the afternoon and was free to do as she pleased, today she had made plans to meet up with one of her good buddies, Awa Uta someone she had come to know as a close family friend the two had met right as Taki was leaving the academy and became fast friends over the last 3 years she had worked as an announcer and seemingly showed up out of nowhere one day but she was happy she did. But today she had an interesting request why a rooftop somewhere so secretive they could've gone anywhere why there? The location was curious too it was right across the way from the "Ivory Line." maybe she just liked the look of the place, Uta did always look kind of outta place and had a bit more of a proper attitude maybe she saw something in the place that made her nostalgic?

The Ivory Line was a place that was home to nobles types, but not the shinobi kind like the Himishi; these guys were somehow even worse. Many of them were a mixture of civilian and shinobi much like the Okada who had settled down and made a name for themselves in the infancy of the cities heyday and were practically made of money, the lot of them were lawyers, bankers and politicians for the cities local government who all congregated here, and they were just as uppity as they looked.

And while the Okada themselves would fit right in financially in this little slice of upper class heaven these were the people who would hardly give them the time of day, finding their carny like and less than savory origins to be rather distasteful and were a mockery of Tsuchi no Kunian culture despite being one of its 4 pillars of entertainment. As the girl made her way towards the building she’d stop by her uncle’s food stand she’d pick up a couple of Okada Sandwhiches from her Uncle’s food stand and take the stairs not wanting the food to spill out of her bag as she ran up the walls. "Shit...dat line took longa den I thought..."

"Yo Uta you ere!” the girl would say as she burst through the door of the building they were set to meet on, As she made her way towards her she’d take a seat on the edge of the rooftop and hand the girl a bag with a rather large grease stain. "Picked ya up something from my Uncle’s food stand…” the girl would say as she swung the bag in her face before tossing it in her lap, before digging into her own little grease stained paper bag and pulled out a tasty treat.

As she removed the food from her wrapper the girl would take a bite and then turn her head towards the girl as she chewed her food covering her mouth when she spoke, wanting an answer to a rather curious question. "Man I could neva get tired o dhese things, what's up goil why you actin all funny?" look out the girl she’d look out at the view in front of them, the residential area of the village otherwise known as the Ivory line.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

560 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
HomecomingOct 25, 2022 10:47:14 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
a Noble or an Idol

Nerves

The Awa family estate was fairly easily visible from the place Uta found herself sat. The word estate was fairly apt, as even in the Ivory Lane this compound stood out. The entire estate was actually a series of 5 different houses, four of which sat at two stories with a simple L-shape layout. Each one positioned so that it formed a massive square.

The gap between the walls of each house were filled with an ornate gate, each one a deep cherrywood color, with black and gold designs etched throughout each one. If one took the time they’d see that each gate was different, each one telling a different portion of the long history of the family; featuring events such the finding of Kuwana, which the first founder of the Awa line would have been integral in facilitating; a member of Awa’s line being the governor of this district; and many more such stories.

Along with that, inside the walls of the compound were beautifully ornate gardens, including some of the most ancient trees in the city. 

In the center of it all was a larger house, standing at 4 stories it was designed similarly to that of a multi-leveled temple. Each house had primarily white walls, with cherrywood supports and statues of dragons and samurai adorning many of the corners. 

Uta was slowly going over every single detail, her eyes staring at the top of that center building. All of this leading to her being taken aback when a back of food was flashed in front of her. She let out a quite audible yelp of surprise before turning and seeing her friend Taki sitting beside her.
"Don’t sneak up on me like that,” the girl shook her head as she took the bag from Taki and went from shaking to bowing. 

It would take Uta a second to realize what she was supposed to be doing with the foil wrapped object she found in the bag, looking over at Taki and copying how she opened it up, quite hesitantly leaning down to take a bite. It was the question she had been asked that caused her such hesitancy now though. She didn’t know how to explain this all without feeling like she was springing this all on her friend.
"Did anyone ever tell you where I’m from?” 

That was a question she felt necessary. There weren’t exactly that many people who had been let in on the girls history. Most of her instructors at the academy hadn’t even known her noble heritage in this city. She didn’t recall ever telling Taki she was from Kuwana, but it was always hard to know what she had said to people when she blacked out. 

HomecomingOct 30, 2022 17:07:13 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Taki would sit on her perch peeling back the sandwich that she had brought for herself looking over at the pristine houses she noted that Uta had her eyes on one in particular that was out in the distance she wasn’t sure why she was fixated on it so much just what exactly was it that caught her attention. There was a silence for a brief moment and then shortly there after Uta would say something just as Taki had taken a big bite of her burger and looked over at the girl her mouth half full, asking her if anyone ever told where she’d come from.

"I mean you’re form uhh…” the girl would stop to try and figure it out taking a minute to come up with something, she knew she knew it was in the back of her memory somewhere she had figured but for some reason she couldn’t seem to place it or could it just be that… ”Holy shit…nah I guess I don’t know where you’re from, I thought you was born in Iwa?”

The girl seemed a bit surprised how could she have known her for so many years and not have known where she had been raised just what kind of friend was she. "But why you asking?” the girl would remark thinking on it a bit she figured that was where most people were from unless otherwise told she still found this a bit odd.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

246 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
HomecomingNov 1, 2022 8:37:39 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
a Noble or an Idol

Nerves

The young girl didn’t really know how to answer that question. Why was she telling Taki about this now. In all honesty, it was probably just because she was back home. If she was ever going to do it, there was no time like the present. And there was no one better to share this side of her life with than Taki. She didn’t really know how to say it out loud, and so the girl would simply point at her family home. The beacon of the Ivory Row. And that simple act let her speak more openly.

"Right there, in the shining jewel of Earth Country. About a year before I met you everything changed, and I moved to Iwagakure. Well… I guess everything had changed long before that, but it changed a lot more when I moved.” Uta sighed and dropped her head into her hands. This was where it all changed with Taki, where Uta talked about her life before Iwa. "I mean, I’m sure my name gave away that I was of noble heritage. My parents are the direct line of the Awa Estate, which means so am I one day. A noble before a shinobi, it’s what they made sure to tell me when I moved to Iwagakure. My shinobi life is supposed to end one day, and I return here, to run the family home… if I can get things under control.

HomecomingNov 20, 2022 11:36:11 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Taki would sit with Uta and listen to her tell her story which she still couldn’t believe she was only just now hearing for the first time. The girl would point out her home and tell her that her name should’ve given it away. "I mean I had my hunches but like…I neva woulda guessed you weren’t like…ya know…a stick in da mud.” she’d look over at the girl who had her head tucked in her hands, Taki seeing this would reach over to the girl and would put her hands on her shoulders.

"Eyy, eyy…enough o dat.” the girl would say looking to the girl she didn’t like seeing her so down on herself but as she mentioned that her noble life was going to end one day and that she’d go back to being a shinobi and that she was a noble before a shinobi it made Taki reflect on her own manner of being she tells herself the same thing every so often as well. "Yeah trust me I know how ya feel Uta…you got no idea.” the girl would then stand up as she pointed out the area where’s she from.

"But you don’t want it ta end do ya?” the girl would ask wondering what it is that she really wanted out of her life it was her choice after all. "Man dat is one nice place…even our place ain’t dat big…fuck do dey do?” knowing that her family were stuffy nobles made her wonder just what their profession was they seemed like the type of people on the Ivory line who hated people like her for the Okada’s rather "Uncooth.” culture. "Wait...tings...wat tings?"

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

281 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Nov 20, 2022 11:37:13 GMT -5
HomecomingDec 8, 2022 12:10:53 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"
a Noble or an Idol

Nerves

"I’ve always been a stick in the mud. I come from a big stick in the mud family. With a stick in the mud dad and a log in the mud mom.” That likely wasn’t an actual phrase, Uta didn’t know, but she was just trying to express that her issues with her mother had always been the worst of her home life. It was her who seemed so stringent about Uta being a "proper lady”. It was her job to be a good wife, and Uta had never managed to be good enough for her.

She was happy that Taki seemed to take an interest in her, trying to help her. Uta picked her head up and smiled over at her first true friend in Iwa. In a lot of ways her only real friend in Iwa. A friend that had never even been to her house. A rule set by Uta’s maid so that people would be less likely to know of Uta’s "other side”. 

The questions that were asked of her though, Uta didn’t really know how to answer. "Oh umm,” the girl took a long pause, tapping her fingers on the wall as she tried to find the words to explain it, "I mean I guess the best way to explain it is that they don’t really do anything. Their parents were rich, as were there parents before them, and so on and so on. It was so long ago that I’m not sure where the money started.”

HomecomingDec 9, 2022 14:15:44 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As Taki heard her out she’d listen to the way she spoke but noticed the verbal hiccup she’d created with the way that she spoke. "Wait dat ain’t how…nevamind continue.” the girl would keep talking and would explain what she meant by "things.” when she had asked about what her family did for a living stating that they did nothing. The girl would roll her eyes at that particular statement. "Nothing eh, so dere full o old money, no wonda dhese Ivory lina’s don’t like us.”

Taki would say, she in a way came from old money in a sense but her family hadn’t really become rich until about maybe her fathers time and always put their money back into the business everyone was expected to work hard and there was no room for slackers.

"But wait hold up, why did we have to come awl da way out to a rooftop for dis…also eat ya food it’s gonna get cold, I paid good money for dat.” she’d say taking bite of the food she had bought for herself as she waited for the younger girl to continue and listen wondering just what the deal was with this girl given everything she had been spouting. "I get what ya goin for but what’re you ya know gonna…do abhat it.”

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

223 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
HomecomingDec 28, 2022 11:32:20 GMT -5
Awa Uta
Awa Uta Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"
a Noble or an Idol

Nerves

"Sometimes there’s nothing to do about it Taki.” Uta was blunt, something she often hated being. She was the polite demure one, not rude or dismissive. But when it came to her parents she didn’t know how else to be. It hurt to talk about them that way, but she never really knew how else to talk about them. It just felt like the only way to get her emotions out when they came into question. Wether that was for better or worse was never something she really understood. She was going to try her best to escape her fate, but was there ever really a way to do that that didn’t involve hatred, disappointment, or worse. 

This wasn’t how she wanted gif eek about them, but was there really another option left to her?
"I took you up here cause it’s how I always got away from them. They’d never be caught dead talking to the "unfortunate souls” tasked with protecting them and their self interest. They’d never stoop so low as conversing with "common folk” especially if it meant admitting they had lost track of their darling daughter again. Especially if it meant cleaning up after whatever mess she left behind her. 

HomecomingFeb 27, 2023 12:31:04 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The girl would say that there was sometimes nothing that could be done about it, and Taki would look to the girl wondering why she resigned herself to such a mindset but then she kept talking saying how her parents would never talk to unfortunate souls who had to defend them like seemingly shinobi looking down on common folk, willing to abandon their own kid in order to do so. This aggravated Taki to the umpteenth degree. "And you see dats what I don’t like about dhose damn Ivory liners…dey tink dere so much betta den everyone else just case dere awl, big wigs and got money.” she’d look over at the girl feeling a little indignant.

"My family has cash and you don’t see me actin like I own da joint…I’m kinda glad my momma don’t act like dhese assholes.” Taki was somewhat out of line with her callouts but didn’t like to stand people who looked down on others just because they were less fortunate, but these were still members of Uta’s family she was talking about and probably shouldn’t be so quick to do so in front of her and would turn back towards the buildings in the distance. "No offense…” the girl would say as she kept her hands in her pockets.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

216 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style

quick reply

compose a reply