Once Upon A Time?

compose a reply
Once Upon A Time?Oct 24, 2022 14:13:55 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

Time passed, and it was time for the young girl to learn the practical skills of her clan, but there was no one around to assist her at the time. Her grandfather was the only shinobi who could have helped her, but...

An's grandfather was in no condition to assist the young Gure practically. The Sanbi attack had left him with only one leg, rendering him unable to perform any jutsu. His entire focus has been drawn to the puppet prosthetic leg he now possesses. The Kuronmeru and Kaguya clans were the most similar on a fundamental level - being able to manipulate a specific part of their bodies. Grandfather immediately crossed out Kuronmeru's because they were not the friendliest people in Kirigakure. "Why don't you go and find a Kaguya to help you?" he suggested, truthfully, meaning it more as a joke, which An did not catch. "Sure!" she replied confidently, and she was out the door.

Only after arriving near the Kaguya compound did An admit how insane this was - waiting for any Kaguya to come out and ask for their assistance. The idea was insane, but what did the nine-year-old An have to lose - her face in front of a complete stranger? She giggled to herself awkwardly. I can do it! As her blue eyes caught someone finally exiting the Kaguya clan compound, she clenched her fists in front of her as a form of self-encouragement. Is it a male or female? She couldn't make up her mind, but she knew she had to contact the individual. The little girl followed the white-haired Kaguya for a while, thinking she was sneaky and unnoticed, but she was most likely spotted long ago by the other. Before summoning the courage to approach the individual.

"Ano… excuse me! Could you please assist me?" She exclaimed loudly, her words spitting out one after the other, sounding more like a single long word than a sentence with many words. Surely she should explain what she means. "You see, nee-...nii-..." Her voice became quieter as she remained unsure whether the red-eyed person in front of her was female or male, "san!" being the only loud part. "My name is Gure An, and I want to learn how to manipulate bones! Ah, not like to really manipulate them, I know that's not possible," she blurted, "but maybe you could show me how you do it? I want to learn the skills of my clan, but... there is currently no one who can help me.” An knew it was a bad idea to discuss clan abilities because many of them were kept secret, but she had no choice. In the end, the young shinobi-to-be taught, it was for the greater good of the village.

[attr="class","lyrics"]LET ME SEE WHAT SPRING IS LIKE ON JUPITER AND MARS
[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:
WORD COUNT:459

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

[newclass=.lyrics]font:9px calibri;color:#aa88bb;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-10px;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font:9px calibri;color:#4d4b4a;height:0px;text-align:center;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyrics:hover .notes]height:50px;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
Yofie has written 346 posts
Once Upon A Time?Oct 25, 2022 7:41:27 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Something that he hadn't been anticipating upon joining the Seven was that he would be village bound a lot more than he used to be, which is why he hadn't headed off to Iwa to see the chuunin exams with some of the other Kiri shinobi. He might still make his way there at some point, but he did have to be more careful about the when of that choice. 

He'd already lounged around at home, done some training, and looked for any sort of mission that he could take, but ultimately there wasn't a lot for him to do right this moment. He put some comfortable clothing on and headed off to get himself something to eat at one of the stalls in the village or maybe a restaurant. He was bored enough that it seemed like some sort of use of his time, and so he left the compound, his sword sitting comfortably on his back where it belonged. He didn't like leaving it alone after all.

He noticed his little tail immediately, the small child was obviously trying to be sneaky though, and he figured it wouldn't hurt to encourage them. Like a lion pretending to be hurt by a cub, Kimihiro let the child stalk him as he walked his way through the streets, wondering what they wanted. Perhaps he had killed a family member? Or at least, a Kaguya had, and they wanted revenge? Just waiting outside the compound wasn't a smart way to do that, but who knew?

It took right about until he was going to enter one of the restaurants that a voice finally spoke up, causing him to turn around to look at his little shadow, one eyebrow raised. He remained silent and impassive as she stumbled over words, a little impressed that she had not only gotten the nerve to approach a Kaguya, but one who carried a sword bigger than they were, and then manage to speak her piece as he stared at her.

He waited a few beats longer, for the silence to become just a little bit awkward, before reaching out and ruffling her hair. "Come on, I'm hungry. You can explain what you want more in there," his voice was about as confusing as his appearance for figuring out his gender, but there was nothing cruel in his tone. Ducking into the restaurant, he found himself a seat and browsed through the menu, waiting for the girl to join him. If she sat down, he'd gesture to another menu and simply state "pick something."

Word Count: 428
Tags:

Eleri has written 108 posts
Once Upon A Time?Oct 26, 2022 7:09:18 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

An had become so preoccupied with the other person that she had forgotten to pay attention to her surroundings, and she had completely missed the fact that they had arrived at some sort of restaurant or that he had a huge sword with him. Eh! Eeeeh! How did we get here? Eeeeh! But here she was, sitting at a table with the person she had stopped just in front of the restaurant's entrance. "I'll take this," she said, pointing to a slightly pricey item on the menu. An was not shy around older people if they offered her food, as she was used to being treated in this manner by her relatives, sometimes forgetting that not everyone is a relative of hers.

Now that she was sitting across from the person she had almost caught or was it the other way around, she could get a good look at them. An was reminded of something, the person across her resembled something or someone, with the hair being white as snow and eyes dark red in color, and red stitches being here and there, while his skin was quite pale. Hm… A rabbit, yup! She thought to herself as a small smile crept across her lips as she continued to study her companion's appearance. Not to mention the occasional glance at the big sword. This was quite intimidating to the nine-year-old child, but it also looked amazing. An was particularly interested in swords, even though she only possessed a training katana at the time. Overall, An felt good about the stranger because his hand was very pleasant when he ruffled her hair, which the young child generally enjoyed a lot, while his manner and tone of speech were very calming.

"So," she began quietly, "my grandfather told me to go look for a teacher from the Kaguya's. But I didn't know anyone there, so I just came there waiting for someone to come out and, you..." An was not one to be rude, but she couldn't tell whether the person across from her was male or female. "Are you a boy or a girl?" she asked directly, her upbringing has taught her to be respectful of elders making it difficult for her to speak, not knowing how to properly address the other person.

"...came out," the food had arrived so she took a bite before continuing her speech. "I am already nine years old, but there is no one who can help me properly with my clan abilities, and compared to others, I am very bad at using them," she looked slightly dejected, but not for long as the juicy taste of the meat lifted her spirits. "So, I was hoping you might be able to assist me?" An knew that, like Gure, who manipulates fungi, Kaguya manipulates their bones, which was a known thing in the Kirigakure, but, like any other person who is not a member of the clan, she didn't have much information to go about.

WORD COUNT:498

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

[newclass=.lyrics]font:9px calibri;color:#aa88bb;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-10px;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font:9px calibri;color:#4d4b4a;height:0px;text-align:center;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyrics:hover .notes]height:50px;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
Once Upon A Time?Oct 27, 2022 6:03:47 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

A white eyebrow raised slightly as the girl ordered donburi with pork, certainly a daring choice when a stranger offered to pay for the meal. It wasn't like he couldn't afford it, Kimihiro's lifestyle was rather frugal and he made good money for every mission. In the spirit of such things, he decided to order mabo dofu, along with a bowl of edamame, some miso soup, and some green tea to start them off. Looking at the girl without staring, he noted where her attention went, but didn't comment, choosing instead to sip at his tea and wait for her to speak.

He wasn't expecting her first question, blinking slightly with a puzzled look before smiling slightly, "a boy or girl? Hmm, how about this, if you can figure it out I'll give you something as a reward. If you're looking for a way to address me, you could have gone with 'Kaguya-san', though I suppose if you want something more personal, you could call me Kimi." The game would amuse him a little, and really, the ability to figure it out would show her perceptiveness, a vital skill as a shinobi.

The arrival of food slowed things down briefly, the little girl clearly enjoying the tender pork of her donburi while he dug into his own bowl of spicy tofu and pork. "Helping someone with their clan's abilities are difficult, Anpan-chan," he said after a few mouthfuls, "I can't say I know the details of your clan's capabilities well enough to know if I can help you. I suppose your dear ojii-sama wouldn't have sent you after one of us unless there was some crossover, but maybe I'm not the type that can help." He knew it had something to do with mushrooms, or fungus or something, but that was it. Sure, he could kinda see a connection in terms of potentially both utilising technically living things, but without more details, it would be hard to be sure.

"I am kinda curious though, not every day someone is brave enough to come up to me like that~" he added, giving her a gentle grin. A Kaguya with a big sword? Yeah, not many willing to approach that, especially if they knew who he was.

Word Count: 375
Tags:
Once Upon A Time?Nov 1, 2022 3:52:57 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

"Kaguya-san or Kimi? Then I'll call you Kimi," she replied, briefly wondering if it was a short form of his name before realizing she didn't know the other's name. "Is Kimi a shorter version of your name?" she inquired because the person across from her had the surname Kaguya.

A prize?! That sounded very appealing to the young shinobi, so An made sure to pay attention to every detail of Kimi before responding. Kimi's face was very androgynous, with a muscular appearance. His outfit was simple, with no visible accessories or small details, which An knew a lot of kunoichi liked to add to their outfits. Her eyes scanned Kimi from head to toe, landing on the chest area, which was quite flat. There were some females with flat chest areas, but An knew that most adults had at least some surface there. This is difficult... As she continued to observe, she thought to herself. Kimi's voice sounded more male, but a female could have it in that tone as well. "A... a boy," An replied, not entirely certain, but that was what her intuition told her.

Anpan-chan? An's blue eyes grew slightly larger with the arrival of this new nickname, which she didn't mind because it sounded cute and friendly, and the young girl was known for being friendly with people in her village; it just surprised her slightly because it was the first time she had been called that.

An wasn't sure how much information she could give out, but her grandfather wouldn't have sent her to look for someone on the outside if he wasn't expecting some missteps. "We can manipulate mushrooms, fungi, spores, and things like that, using our own body as a medium of some sort," she continued to enjoy her food, as did Kimi across from her. This was common knowledge about the Gure clan; however, the next piece of information taught was a little more personal, "Of course, we are immune to poison or bad secretions of our own fungi, otherwise it would be very bad for us." She looked at Kimi, puzzled as to why he said that not everyone would be brave enough to come to him; his appearance was unusual, but so were many shinobi in An's eyes. Maybe the sword... but it looks amazing... she quickly crossed that out.

WORD COUNT:390

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

Once Upon A Time?Nov 2, 2022 6:46:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

"Uh huh, if I gave you my whole name it'd make guessing too easy~" he confirmed, a crooked grin spreading across his face as he watched her try to think, her eyes scanning his small and slender frame for hints as to what she was looking for. She wasn't quite looking in the right way, but she was making a good effort, though he couldn't help but tap at his chin slightly when she gave him her answer. 

"Is that an answer or a question Anpan-chan?" he asked, "you need to be sure before you get your grade~" He would wait further for a more definitive answer from the girl to see how well she was able to analyse her surroundings and other people. Really, he just wanted to test her critical thinking and observation skills.

Listening to her talk, the Kaguya tugged at the thread in his lip, considering just what might be useful for him to help her with. "Hmm, alrighty, so I suppose my first question for this sorta training is pretty simple, are you already immune to all this stuff Anpan-chan? I mean, it wouldn't be good for us to start training you on using your abilities if they end up hurting you, ne?" He wasn't quite sure how effective he could help the little Gure, but, well, he could certainly try his best to do so.

Word Count: 231
Tags:

Once Upon A Time?Nov 5, 2022 6:46:22 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

That was correct; if the other person had given her their full name, if it was not a gender-neutral one, it would have revealed the answer to this riddle. She gave Kimi one last look as she mused to herself before confirming her answer, "Yes, that's my final answer!" This time, her voice was confident, as it appeared that the other person would not accept an answer that was not supported by confidence.

Kimi was tugging at a thread near their lip, which appeared to be a habitual action. Doesn't it hurt, the white-haired student outlined as she continued to listen to the other. "Not yet," she replied truthfully, recalling the horrifying feeling she had as a child after being tricked by the children of her relatives into trying some kind of mushroom that, to be honest, looked extremely pretty for a young child but was not edible.

She was extremely ill for the next day or so after consuming it. "When I was still living on the island, some kids forced me to eat a poisonous mushroom, and I was sick for a few days," she replied, drastically shortening the entire story. "But I guess if I hadn't been a Gurē, I would have died?" she asked rhetorically, as she had no answer to the if question. "At least, that's what my parents told me as they scolded me," she recalled.

WORD COUNT:233

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

Once Upon A Time?Nov 5, 2022 7:48:59 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

"You are correct Anpan-chan~" he declared, one hand raising up in the air to emphasise his words, rolling his hand down over his chest in an exaggerated flourish as he bowed towards her, "I am Kaguya Kimihiro, but you can keep calling me Kimi if you want, I don't really mind~" The smile he gave her was remarkably soft all things considered, and his hand came up to scratch absently at his shoulder for a moment. "As for your prize... here you go!"

In a movement that was hidden by his clothes, he pulled something, a slight tearing sound accompanying the motion, his arm extending to offer her the reward that he had promised.

A tanto of smooth bone, still warm to the touch and wickedly sharp.

"It's not the sturdiest thing, but it's a good backup, and pretty well shaped if I say so myself. But be careful Anpan-chan, I wouldn't want you to cut yourself," he warned her, sliding a bone sheath over the blade once she had looked at it enough. It wasn't often that someone got offered a Kaguya bone weapon, but he wasn't exactly a stickler for tradition.

He listened as she explained her situation regarding immunity, nodding slightly to himself as she spoke. "Ok, so we need to train that first then. If you're finished, we may as well start. I won't lie, it's gonna suck, but you gotta do it if you wanna build up immunity" he told her, getting to his feet and securing his sword to his back. "C'mon, we'll go back to my place so you can start today. No point wasting time!"

With that, he would lead her back through the village, stopping only at a small store to pick up bananas, mangoes, and two large bottles of lemonade. Then it was back to the Kaguya compound, where she would find herself being led towards the older section of the clan houses, old fashioned Kaguya architecture off both sides of the cobblestone road.

Casually striding towards the door, he would open it up and step through, stopping in the entranceway as he waited for the young Gure to join him.

Word Count: 361
Tags:

Once Upon A Time?Nov 5, 2022 13:42:19 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

With a grand gesture, the other had confirmed the young girl's answer - that he was indeed a male and had given his full name. Kaguya Kimihiro, for sure the name seems to suit the male quite well, now that An knew it. Giving An what seemed to be a gentle smile. Seems I met a nice person, what went through An’s head as she continued to look at Kimi when suddenly his hand went over to his shoulder… eh?

Right, the prize! Was something An had never expected nor would it come to her mind ever. A bone of his! An was frozen for a second, as it was her first time seeing a Kaguya actually pull a bone out of himself, but it was a gift nonetheless, even if it appeared quite eccentric, as proper manners were to be observed. "Thank you very much, Kimi. I'll use it with caution!" she examined it carefully, taking care not to cut herself before a sheath was placed over it and she could safely take it into her hands. It was still slightly warm, which was an odd sensation. "Would my bones have the same sensation?" as she pondered herself, a slight murmur escaped her lips.

"Of course, I'm ready for that," she replied, her blue eyes reflecting her confident tone and willingness to do whatever was required. She trailed Kimi, securing the gift in her kimono's bright pink string with a cloverleaf knot at the front. The journey didn't seem to take long because Kimi only stopped at a small store to buy a few items before arriving at the Kaguya clan compound. An was closely following Kimi at this point because it was not a place she would dare to enter. Except for the person she was following, everything seemed strange as she looked from one side to the other. Until they had arrived at their destination, a quite spacious but old-looking house. An entered the building with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

WORD COUNT:334

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

Once Upon A Time?Nov 6, 2022 6:35:31 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Inside the house was very traditional, at least for a Kaguya, as he'd basically moved into one of the old clan buildings and not been bothered replacing anything, instead simply having it restored to 'as new' condition. As such, it seemed to be missing some of the more modern amenities, but it was cozy, clean, and surprisingly homely all things considered. 

"Here, you need to drink this, and eat a banana" he said as An stepped into the house, the Kaguya handing her said fruit along with one of the bottles of lemonade, "it's very important that you do so while I go and get what we need." He led her further into the house and gestured to a traditionally decorated room with a low table next to it, clearly expecting her to sit down at the table.

Disappearing further into the house, the Kaguya would come back shortly after with a chest in his hands, which were now gloved. His sword was now gone, put somewhere safe within his home, and dangling from his fingers was a large wooden bucket. "I won't lie Anpan-chan, this is gonna be really, really bad. You're gonna hate it, you're gonna regret asking for it, but I think this is gonna help you develop the abilities you want."

Kneeling down at the table, Kimihiro opened up the box and pulled out a smaller container, opening it up and offering it to the small girl.

"This is a poison mushroom called tsukiyo take, it will make you throw up. For a normal person, it will do this for hours, but I bet you'll manage much easier. Still, eat your banana and drink your lemonade first," he explained, knowing from experience that both of those things would taste about the same going back up as they did going down, making the ordeal at least a little bit more tolerable.

With a sympathetic grin, he also offered her the bucket, ready for the aftereffects of this sort of training.

"....don't ask why I have these mushrooms by the way..." 

Word Count: 343
Tags:

Once Upon A Time?Nov 8, 2022 15:13:06 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

An noticed that the overall style of the interior was oldish, but the condition of the "old" furniture was brand new. Overall, the house had a very cozy and neat vibe to it. Very similar to An's impression of Kimi, the owner. She kept looking around, fascinated by almost everything, as she made her way to a very traditional style room, as it wasn't often that she got to enter the Kaguya compound and be in a house of one. Or to that in someone else's home.

She was handed the fruits and a bottle of lemonade that Kimi had purchased earlier, which she placed on the table where she sat. It was a low table, similar to the one she had at home. "I will," she said as she placed the items on the table before eating them, puzzled as to why. Nevertheless, following the others' guidance.

The moment Kimi came out with a box, hand in glows An already had a bad feeling about something, and Kimi confirmed her fears. She was warned that this would be disastrous and something she would come to regret. "I won't! I am ready for whatever," she said confidently, as she was willing to do whatever it took to better herself. But she wasn't prepared for what was about to happen.

The box opened to reveal a mushroom of some kind that An had seen before, "that's..." She fell silent as Kimi explained what it was. An was familiar with the fungi or had seen it illustrated in a book before, but she never expected to see the real thing. Everything, including the food and bucket, made sense now.

She wanted to ask why the older man had these mushrooms, but he was faster with his sentence than she was, or perhaps he had read the young girl's mind. "Got it. I'm not going to, Kimi-san," she reached out and took the mushroom in her hands, lifting it up and biting a piece of it. Symptoms did not take long to appear. As An's body began to reject the alien entity that had entered it, nausea took over. As a result, the vomiting began quickly as she crouched over the basket that had been prepared earlier, emptying the contents of her stomach.

Her insides were on fire, her stomach hurt, and the acid from her stomach was all over her throat and mouth linen. Her vomiting continued for about an hour before she was ready to take another bite. "Kimi-san, is there any more food?" she inquired, her voice sounding dry as almost nothing had come out for the letter's next half-hour, which made it even more painful. Her eyes were strained red from the strain, and her body was drenched in sweat for the same reason.

WORD COUNT:467

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

last edit by Gurē An on May 27, 2023 11:49:32 GMT -5
Once Upon A Time?Nov 10, 2022 8:08:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Kimihiro just sort of sat there awkwardly as the little girl began to throw up, tentatively patting at her back and making sure her hair didn't get in the way of her heaving, and offering her more to drink in between, just to ensure there was still something in her stomach to throw up, because dry heaving was particularly unpleasant. Plus she was losing a lot of fluids, so it was important to keep her intake up.

Eventually she seemed to settle down, her body forcing its way through the symptoms of the poisoning. As she had gathered herself back together he'd taken a knife and sectioned up one of the mangos he had bought, along with more lemonade and some dry rations that were relatively inoffensive on the stomach. The moment she asked for food, it was placed in front of her, the Kaguya leaning casually back on his elbows to wait while she ate.

"Well Anpan-chan, I know that was pretty awful, but most people would still be throwing up right now, and for at least a few more hours, so I think we can chalk that one up to being a success. You need to prepare yourself though, coz it's not going to get easier just yet," he stated, a rueful smile on his face, "in fact, you're gonna have to be alone for the next one, I'll be a room or two over in case you need me though."

When the girl decided she was ready, he would reach into the container and pull out another mushroom, this one looking even less pleasant than the previous.

"This one is called tamago take modoki, it's... a lot worse" he said, gesturing with a hand down the nearby corridor, "you're going to want to take the bucket with you into the bathroom at the end of the hall. Call out for me if you need me, but... well, hopefully you won't till it's done," he grimaced slightly and held out the mushroom alongside another bottle of lemonade.

"Good luck Anpan-chan"

Word Count: 342
Tags: 

Once Upon A Time?Nov 12, 2022 13:43:18 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

The food was served almost immediately, and An devoured it as quickly as she could to soothe her stomach and replenish her fluid intake. She wasn't fully alert yet, but she could feel her body trying to adjust to the toxins she'd just consumed. Thank goodness I'm a Gurē. As Kimi confirmed the trial's success, she quietly taught herself. Is it still not over? Of course not... She had no choice but to accept the truth, that this would continue until she was completely fine after ingesting the poisonous mushrooms.

Is something even worse? As Kimi introduced the next candidate, An felt a chill run down her spine. Oh, no... this will be much worse... "Tamago… Take...Modoki," she said quietly after Kimi, as she had never seen this mushroom before, making her want to brush up on her fungi knowledge. This is not the time! She shook her head lightly, attempting to clear her mind of the intrusive thoughts that her natural interest in the unknown fungi was causing.

"I understood, I am ready," she said, reaching for the mushroom and the bucket as she followed Kimi's instructions to head to the bathroom at the end of the hallway. As she approached it, she shut the door behind her; it was a simple bathroom, exactly what one would expect to see in a traditional type building, with a squat toilet. She placed the mushroom on one of the tops that were available in the bathroom, as she needed to tie and tuck her hair safely, as Kimi was not present to hold it for her. The last thing she wanted was to get it dirty and stinky. After, she decided to empty the content of the said bucket, before using it again.

The said mushroom did not appear to be any more appealing than the previous one. I am ready! She reached for the item before sitting on the ground, as she had no idea what would happen if she bit into the dreadful thing. It would be bad if she lost consciousness, became paralyzed, or whatever else could cause her to fall. "All right, let's do this," she said to herself as she took a big bite of the yellow mushroom.

The feeling that came over her was much worse than the previous one, as she could barely stay conscious and focused. She felt the fungi's toxins spread throughout her entire body as what she had eaten began to rise up her throat and leave her body, as she hovered over the bucket, slowly but steadily filling up. An was sweating profusely, most likely as a defense mechanism against the poison, which she could feel in every part of her body, especially her liver, which was emitting such a pain that the girl had never experienced before. Another strange sensation was that of acceptance as if her cells were becoming accustomed to the alien entity that was wreaking havoc on her system.

It took her another hour to calm down as she washed her face and rinsed her mouth, her cloth drenched in sweat. I should have dressed in something lighter. She looked in the mirror, confirming that she did, in fact, look like a shambles. But she was pleased with the outcome because it appeared that her body was adapting to the toxins much faster. Even she herself could feel that.

"I am ready for the next one," she declared bravely, "but could I have something to eat first, my mouth feels so yucky!" She returned to the room with a cleared-out bucket, where Kimi was waiting for her return. Her body moved closer to the other, taught quite weakly, after all, emptying one's insides and becoming accustomed to a poison took its toll on the body in an intensive course lasting an hour.

WORD COUNT:637

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

Once Upon A Time?Nov 16, 2022 6:17:04 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Waiting for someone he had poisoned to get better was a new experience, and being concerned for their wellbeing was also really odd for the Kaguya, yet he found it hard to sit there while the little Gure was in the bathroom dealing with the effects of the poisonous mushroom. Still, he couldn't tell how badly it would effect her, so it was best that he give her the space just in case, even if he wanted to rub her back and make things easier for her.

Perhaps it was some remnant of not wanting to be like his brothers, but Kimihiro didn't like the idea of training someone with unnecessary levels of suffering. Her goal was gain immunity to the fungus, not overcome pain and isolation, it didn't have to be done at the same time.

Eventually, she emerged from the bathroom, weak and sweaty, but in much better shape than he would be in the same situation, so it seemed like it was going alright thus far. Her request was met by a bowl filled with chunks of mango and banana quickly sliced and prepared for her, the yellow fruits combined into a nice little snack pot, while more lemonade was placed next to her.

"Rest a little, I think we have one more to go through, but it takes a while to start to do anything..." he stated, reaching into the container and pulling out a third mushroom. This one, An was likely to recognise, almost everyone would have seen this type of mushroom after all.

"This is benitengu take, or fly agaric. It's a really common poisonous mushroom. The effects can take about an hour to kick in, and it's going to cause you some issues I think. You should eat the normal food and the mushroom now, while I go and get you a change of clothes. I think you will need to have something to change into after this..." he trailed off, nodding slightly and putting the mushroom within reach.

"I think you're getting closer Anpan-chan, I'd still be in the bathroom now~" he said, patting her on the head gently as he got up to go and see which clansmen might have clothes the right size for the girl. It was up to her to eat the third and final shroom and find out how her body handled it.

Word Count: 396
Tags: 

Once Upon A Time?Nov 19, 2022 5:25:56 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

She ate the food in front of her, washing it down with the refreshing lemonade that made her insides and dry throat feel alive again. Her voice returned to a more normal tone. "Thank you, Kimi-san," she said with a weakened smile to the older man, her strength still far from restored.

The final obstacle remained, and An undoubtedly recognized the item Kimi pulled from the container. A vibrant red cap with white spots. As Kimi explained, all An could do was nod in agreement; the mushroom was indeed very common; there wouldn't be anyone who hadn't come across it at least once in their lives, as they grow almost anywhere. "I will," she agreed to the male's suggestion of eating both the food and the mushroom together, knowing what it is capable of from those around her.

Kimi patted An's head, reassuring and encouraging her, her lips involuntarily curling into a smile, "Mhm," as she watched the white-haired male head out in search of a cloth change for her. Placing the mushroom and the food in the cleaned-out bucket was the simplest way to transport all three items to the bathroom, which she had just exited. An, now that she was familiar with the layout, arranged all of the items in the most efficient way for her.

Let's get started! She was determined to finish before Kimi returned. One of the first things on her to-do list was to sit down on the floor. An waited for something to start by taking a bite from her snack bowl and a bite from the mushroom. It took some time, but the usual symptom of vomiting returned, though this time accompanied by a hallucination of sorts, as the world became more colorful, spinning all around her, forcing the young girl to close her eyes as a precaution against the dizziness she was experiencing.

Her eyes closed, the world spinning around her, and nausea taking over was not a pleasant feeling, but An was able to focus on her body in the midst of it all. The sensation of merging her cells with the toxin while also alleviating her symptoms became second nature to her as if it had always been there. An was ready to repeat the entire process, food and a bite of the red-colored mushroom, ten minutes later. The toxin effect of the mushrooms on An lessened with each repetition of the ordeal until there was almost no fungus left. An took the last few bites without the food because there was none left, and to her surprise, nothing happened. She waited and waited some more, but no side effects appeared.

Excited to tell Kimi the good news, she stood up too quickly, and because her body was still extremely weak, she collapsed on the spot, her knees weak. She sat there for a while before moving back to the living room, bracing herself against the nearest surfaces she could find. When she walked into the living room, her face lit up because Kimi was already there, waiting for her. "I did it! I did it!" she said as she sat closer to him. "I ate the whole thing and...d n...oth... ing...," her eyes felt heavy as her body relaxed, feeling extremely content and safe in the older's presents. Her head landed right on top of Kimi's lap. The entire ordeal took a heavy toll on the young girl's body, as she napped off with an accomplished smile on her lips, knowing she had no care in the world. Waking up some time later.

- E N D -

WORD COUNT:601

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

last edit by Gurē An on May 27, 2023 11:50:35 GMT -5