hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

Three hours.

Three hours since a bird had flown in from the north, a report from a patrol doing a routine venture through the Blue Mountain range that a vicious earthquake had ripped through a section of the northern shore. It was a rural area with communities few and far between, but the tiny hamlet of Kikai was mapped right in the middle of what the report suggested was the area of impact. Surely the Daimyo’s directive would arrive soon, Kizumi had thought. Sancho was far closer to Kikai than Kumogakure, and the Daimyo would be more able to administer practical relief, but the shinobi forces could be utilized in the more heavily impacted, less stable areas. Right?

Three hours passed, and no letter came.

Fine, she thought, rubbing her forehead. Better to ask forgiveness, et cetera.

A handful of young shinobi were immediately available—most her own, but a couple of kids each from Konoha and Kusa were staying in Kumo temporarily while conducting joint operations, so she took the liberty of rounding them up as well, until a group of a dozen stood gathered at the northern gate.

"Right,” she said heavily, addressing the group. "Emergency mission—there was an earthquake north of the Blue Mountains. Apparently it’s hit the area pretty hard, but we don’t have a full scope of what the damage is. There’s a town of about five hundred called Kikai right in that area, and I need you all to go in and take care of as many civilians as you can.”

Kizumi’s one-eyed gaze quickly skimmed over the group, taking in the faces before her.

"It’s a rural community, so while most of the damage is likely going to be in the town center, there’s also farmland and homes in the foothills that will need support,” she said. "Split into two teams. Kiho—” her eye landed on the jinchuuriki, the most senior shinobi of the gathered group, "—you’ll be taking Eri, Shosuke, Hana, Okingshi, and Yakitsukeru to the northern edge of town. Secure the farmlands first before moving on to assist in the village center.”

Her mouth thinned as her warm crimson gaze flicked between Daisuke—her assistant, yes, but only a chuunin still and untested in a crisis—and Shigure, the most senior of their foreign aides. Barely a moment’s pause, but it was there.

"Shigure,” she said, "you’ll take Daisuke, Akihiko, Azarea, Sengo, and Koji to the southern edge of town where the elevation is highest. Move quickly, and move safely. With any luck I’ll be arriving with additional support from the capital before too long.”

In fact, Kizumi herself was outfitted to go—she would not be remaining in the village, but instead journeying to Sancho. Get the directive in person, right?

A grin tugged at her mouth, and her fist struck her chest in a salute to the gathered youths.

"We protect what is ours,” she said. "Move out.”

LINK TO MAP
[found on pinterest, i did not draw this lmao]

Team One will be circling around to approach from the north, in the green shaded area. Before entering the village itself there are about a dozen square miles of farmland with half a dozen homes and barns dotting the landscape. Most of the structures have experienced varying degrees of collapsation and structural damage; one of the homes and two of the barns seem to have caught on fire. You can hear the panicked lowing of animals, distant screams and hoarse yelling.

First rotation posting deadline: 11/7/22, 00:30 HST
timezone converter

- All skills, weapons, and jutsu are allowed.
- Posting window will be strictly enforced. If a participant misses a rotation, they will be skipped. Whatever happened in the last post, if relevant to the skipped character, will happen to the character.
- A 24-hour extension may be given up to two times per member during the event, if the member contacts Tact.
- This event is death enabled and canonically takes place before the Fall 2022 Iwagkaure Chuunin Exams. If you are participating in both events, injuries or death that might occur during Shattered Foundations will significantly impact the proceedings of the exams in Kuwana.

Every rotation, a 1d6 will be rolled to see which Random Event impacts the vicinity of a team member. Another 1d6 will then be rolled to select that team member.

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. :)

The event will conclude when the entire vicinity has been checked by either team and at least 80% of Kikai’s population has been accounted for, either dead or alive. I will be keeping track of the net encountered civilians across both groups in each rotation.

If events between the two groups overlap, a tertiary thread may be created to merge the two groups and keep events consistent.
last edit by hirana kizumi on Nov 4, 2022 5:37:33 GMT -5
tactician has written 452 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 4, 2022 10:19:49 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Yaki had been summoned back, handed to the Hyuuga asshole and told to move to Kumo for some kind of relief effort? What the hell! She had been making head way! Real headway in her time in Bird Country and she was glaring from the frustration of her desire to just leave and go back. But Kizumi had played her like a fiddle, probably indirectly. Being born a farm girl herself, the young viper hated nepotism towards farmers especially so she had stayed. Running towards the northern farmlands to look i to the damages done. Her specific concerns though were not the collapsed buildings but the ones that could be seen on fire or were on a brink of collapse.

Shutting the weight of her Haori off with a seal she reached behind her and opened her largest scroll activation the first of fifty seals placed on its length and unleashing a log that was oddly perfect for her size. Catching and carrying it in one arms as her snakes attempted to her rerack her scroll behind her if another didn’t help already, "I’m bessst for entering the collapsssing buildingsss relatively sssafely, Kiho-Sssan. If you do not mind I would like to ssstart relief in thossse persssonally firssst. I alssso have sssome suppliesss in my ssscroll casssesss that could be ussseful. Anything that isss damaged I asssk isss reimbursssed to me later though. Only after we have gone through all of thessse buildingsss.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 5, 2022 6:44:58 GMT -5
Yamamoto Eri
I will do my duty
Yamamoto Eri Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday 8/3 rank Chuunin occupation Raikage's Assistant

Yamamoto Eri

Normally, Eri would have gone into a mission as Genbu-san. It was a rare day that she set out on assignment without the safety of being enclosed within the large puppet, but today, in this situation, things were different. Considering the circumstances of the mission, it was quite obvious that it was more useful for her to come out of her shell, so to speak. Instead of appearing as the large 'man', the young Yamamoto stood amongst the others, gas mask and red poncho the only real variation to her standard Kumogakure attire, her sandals already removed in preparation for the task ahead. 

She was assigned to work alongside the two Genin she was currently responsible for, as well as two foreign shinobi, and a Kumo team leader that she had never really heard of. A mixed bag to be sure, but she would do her duty both as a shinobi of Kumogakure and as a Yamamoto.

As they approached the disaster location, she spoke up, looking towards the current team leader, "If I stop and concentrate, I should be able to pick up survivors within a kilometer radius, assuming they're still moving enough for me to detect them." She wasn't sure what the Toku-jou had in mind for their group, but she figured that bringing up that particular skillset of hers would be useful at least. 

"We should also put those fires out as quickly as possible," she added, speaking more to the group than anyone in particular as she looked out over the farmland. She didn't really have any abilities to do that, but maybe someone else did?

Word Count: 270
Tags: , , , , ,

Eleri has written 86 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 5, 2022 19:39:51 GMT -5
Murahira Hana
The Future of Kumogakure
Murahira Hana Avatar
groupnull
age Fifteen years old birthday 9/7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team Member
Hana
Murahira
Do your best until you know better

once you know better, then do better

in life, honor - in death, glory
Disaster had struck Kaminari no Kuni.

They wouldn't have had to order Hana to go. She was already ready to go. There was nothing she wanted to do more than help her country and her people, and resisting just running off to try and do just that was taking an awful lot of her willpower.

It wasn't going to be the first time she'd helped with something like this. The Murahira were extremely well-suited to disaster relief, especially when it came to looking for people. Hana, who has keener ears than most, would be particularly useful.

She'd hear the cries for help from exceptional distances, even through rubble. She'd hear the chakra in their bodies, even if they were just peasants. Even if they could not cry out for help, there was a good chance she could hear them breathing, or the beating of their heart if she was close enough.

"We'll find them," Hana declared with certainty.

She was not the type to accept failure as an option, and considering all that she'd been through so far, it wasn't really a surprise. Hana wasn't one to fail.

"They need our help. We should already be on the move."

She eyed Eri, her captain, for a brief moment. But it would be Kiho that'd be leading the overall group. They were waiting for her orders. Hana was ready. She needed to go.

TITLE:
Shattered Foundations

TAGS: , , , , ,

WORDS: 232 Words

last edit by Murahira Hana on Nov 5, 2022 19:40:06 GMT -5
Fairemont has written 97 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 6, 2022 21:07:01 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
Missions like this were few in numbers as only mother nature herself could create such chaos. On one had it was hard not be to excited, but the reality was there was a bunch of people that were hurt and needed help. The only real positive was that she was in a position to where she could actually help them. Kiho wasted no time getting to where she needed to be so that she and whoever else was assigned to help could get the job done.

As you could expect the Shinobi involved were certainly random. Especially since there were a few Shinobi from other nations involved; most noticeably Shigure. The latter of which was in charge of a group while she was assigned to another. The Jinchuuriki could only hope they could arrive in enough time to save as many lives as possible. The Kumo shinobi on her team were some she'd come across, but wasn't entirely familiar with their skillset as she was sure the same could be said about her.

Regardless, Kiho would work hard to make this work the best way they could as they traveled toward the northern part of the village to savage whatever lives they could. As they came closer to the destination they were assigned to the people on her team were quick to either assess the situation with their own abilities and even offer solutions of their own. It was refreshing to be around such a motivated group of Shinobi and Kunoichi.

If only we were a little far along in our training, we might've been more useful.

Yeah, that's on me Seven, but there is still a lot we have to offer that can save these people. Let's just hope were not too late. Just wish me luck on guiding this group as we attempt to do right by them.

The Shinobi from Konoha, Yakitsukeru, was the first to put themselves out. What they were asking was pretty risky, and then there was the way they talked. If the situation at hand wasn't so dire she would have most certainly gotten stuck on all the slurring. On one hand it felt totally unnecessary, but on the other hand she was also intelligent enough to know they came from all different sort of backgrounds and this was probably completely normal where she was from.

Regardless, she was glad to know someone could really get into all that mess to help people. "That's a pretty dangerous burden you're asking for, but given the situation I've got to trust that you know what you're doing." A heavy sigh escaped from her as she then turned her attention to Eri—The only one she was kind of familiar with based on their rank proximity. As a puppeteer they had the luxury of working from afar without the risk of hurting themselves.

"Perfect! I'm going to need you two to work together. Your visual prowess and puppet skills should work well with what Yakitsukeru is trying to do."

Kiho figured if they Konoha Genin could truly get into some of those collapsed buildings that Eri might be able to provide extra assistance from afar which would allow Yakitsukeru to help more people. Now there was just herself, the fox girl, the Medic, and the guy from Kusa. "Shosuke, I'm going to have you be conservative as possible given your medical abilities. They will be very helpful with healing the wounded."

"With that being said, I need you as close to me as possible, but also far out enough to keep from danger."

A strange order, but it would make sense once she got to work herself. "Hana! I've heard you're extremely well versed in Katon. Perhaps your knowledge could be of use with these fires?" The major downside of emergencies was never truly having all the time to really get all the help you needed, but hopefully they could all find ways to be useful despite their flaws. "If you've gotten any hidden talents now would be the time to say so as well mister Okingshi."

Time wasn't on their side so after giving what instructions she could Kiho quickly weaved 8 handseals. The aforementioned result would turn her skin gray, providing her with additional skin fortification before she focused her chakra from within her core. Sudden a burst a blue chakra would release from within her; surround her in ration as well as lifting her once curly hair. The lightning armor would not only protect her from the fire, but it would also allow her to save as many people as possible.

SA ACTIVE:
  • NANABI JINCHUURIKI - As the current Jinchuuriki of the Nananbi, Kiho now has more stamina and access to a immense reserve of chakra. She can also fly, knead Chitin, molt like an insect, but gains a boost in Durability as well.
  • EXTREME SPEED E.P.T - Kiho speed is increase beyond her normal capabilities making her harder to catch wind of.
  • DEPTH PERCEPTION E.P.T - Kiho has increase depth perception which allowed her to handle moving at high speeds with ease, especially when using high speed attacks that create tunnel vision.
  • HELL STAB MASTERY RAITON Kiho has improved her ability to use techniques in the Hell Stab tree to a level of no longer needing to use handseals. She can also continiously used the jutsu without deactivation so long as she uses additional Chakra.
POUCH ITEMS
  • ----
  • ----
  • ----
TRANSFORMATION
  • ---

JUTSU
  • Konchū Kōka Kesseki | 昆虫硬化結石 | [ Insect Hardening - Stone ]
    CHAKRA USAGE: Low ( Activate ), Medium ( Maintain )
    CLASSIFICATION: Jinchūriki
    ELEMENT: N/A
    HANDSEALS: 8
    DESCRIPTION:
    After weaving the necessary handseals, the Host of the Nanabi will be able to utilize Chomei's exoskeleton properties to enhance the durability of their skin. The aforementioned result will turn the Host skin color gray while also strengthening the users skin to that of refined stone. This will also enable the user to take on just about every basic ninja tool without receiving any damage, that is unless they are laced with enough Chakra/Element capable of piercing their skin at this level. The users skin will also be able to take on any direct contact from their opposition in hand to hand combat so long they aren't chakra enhanced. This however does not mean that the user will be consequence free from any momentum based attacks or pain at this level—even though pain for normal punches and kicks will be lessoned to a minor degree—instead, this would merely protect the Host from being cut, bruised, and prevent their bones from breaking as a result of regular attacks. In turn, anyone who is not a Taijutsu practitioner might find making contact with the user painful if not careful. If the User doesn't sustain a repeated strain of moderate damage than this can hold up for about [5] post in total. Taking on a few strain of moderate damage will lower the amount the user can maintain this for [3] post in total. Slightly above that will leave the users skin susceptible to taking on damage, and significant damage can [destroy] its defenses entirely while also leaving the user vulnerable to taking damage. [X]

• Lightning Release Chakra Mode: Stage One [Raiton Chakura Mōdo: Sutēji Ichi] [ No Shuushin uses yet ]
    CHAKRA USAGE: High
    CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
    ELEMENT: Raiton
    DESCRIPTION:
    The user wraps their body in a cloak of Raiton though not used offensively, the cloak is used to stimulate the users nervous system. Speeding up neural synapses to react faster, as well as pushing the users body to its absolute limit, allowing for tremendous raw speed, a speed which makes even a one tomoe Sharingan user confused as to the user's whereabouts. The increase in speed comes with a great level of fatigue attached with it making this a jutsu best suited to be used when needed and not spammed throughout the entirety of a fight (though it can be used that way its highly dangerous). It is effectively an armor that surrounds the user allowing them to brush off and B-rank and below Raiton techniques and also C-rank and lower Physical attacks.

This jutsu improves on the basis of the Lighting Release Body Flicker and makes it a more longer lasting affect (2 rounds) with more more refined increases. But also much more costly price as over use in one fight could overexert the user causing the body to shut down in due to crippling pain.

Acts as an elongated Shunshin technique. The user can move at shunshin speeds with the above benefits for 2 rounds with one High usage of Chakra. This can be used four times total during a thread, each time tiring out the body of the user. After the fourth time, their muscles are completely deteriorated.
last edit by Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ on Nov 6, 2022 21:53:48 GMT -5
| AP has written 425 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 7, 2022 4:27:46 GMT -5
Gure, Okingshi
Just your average fungi
Gure, Okingshi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday 3/7 rank Advanced Genin occupation Team One

A grey mould-ridden cloak fluttered in the cold mountian winds; its damp soak reeked a foul stench in the immediate vicinity. A worn, disfigured face remained partially obscured, as dull crismon eyes peered toward their superior from under its large hood. A raggered voice croaked out; almost breathless from beneath a damaged, improvised gas rebreather. It started like a primal groan until becoming something more recognisabley human. "It will be done" as an impersonal Okingshi painfully replied spores expelled from his mouthpiece, temporarily hanging in the air.

With deadpan eyes, the young gure stared at the shinobi team he'd been assigned to, none recognisable at first glance. He would remain deathly silent as they travelled, listening closely for the sounds of carron birds. Some time would pass before the group reach the northern gate; its damaged state awakening Okingshi to act. The humanoid fungus drooped forward, looking limp and weakened as his legs sunk into the torn ground below; Okingshi chose not to reply to his kumogakure peers and instead act. His essence plowed through the subterranean sluge, until finding himself forced upon a home's foundation. Without waste, Okingshi arose from the broken building, now left in a heaping wreckage of lumber and stone. His piercing gaze looked around, seeking out any corpses or wounded, any human living or dead.

•notes:

Ikō [Migration] used
Word Count: 203

last edit by Gure, Okingshi on Nov 7, 2022 4:38:13 GMT -5
Zazu has written 156 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 7, 2022 5:47:15 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
"Its just one thing after another..."
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 17/05 rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 1
There was something legitimately quite touching about how this was all going down. Shinobi were often thought of as dogs of war, as warriors with little other purpose, but there was no hostility here. Even though there were people from disparate villages, there was no sense of rivalry, no sense of obsession with superiority. They were here to save lives, and they would do what it took to do that.

It was in a moment like this that Sho felt proud to be a member of the Village system.

It was a little strange, though, that this was the first time he was standing next to the complete number of his team. Genin Team One, they should probably have had some sort of big meeting before now, gotten to know each other, at least asked each other their names on a personal basis. Instead, they were thrown right into the thick of it, and he supposed they would just have to work it out with each other.

"Alright, Sensei, anyone we manage to haul out of here, we can bring them to me for immediate triage and checkup. We should be able to give most of them to the dedicated medical teams, but if we need anyone taken care of immediately, please let me have a look at them. After all, this is literally my job."

Sensei... it felt weird for him to call someone who was the same age as him Sensei, especially when they had never met before and he was expected to vie against her for the position as head of the clan.But now was not a time to be thinking of social issues like that, they had a clear priority and no matter what his conflicted feelings were, he wasn't about to let them get in the way of helping people.

Before they were able to go any further, he found himself being called into duty by the one actually running the rescue operation. He didn't know Kiho personally, but he was able to understand authority when he heard it. Despite her young age, she had quite the power to grab attention, meaning that he had little choice but to roll over and give her his full attention.

"Right, Captain! I'm with you every step of the way. Just give me my marching orders, and we'll get it done."

It felt good to be part of a team for once.

405 words | @event

Jutsus Used: None
Gesicht has written 434 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 13, 2022 8:57:08 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

Between Eri’s tremorsense and Hana’s enhanced vulpine hearing, Team One gets a decent initial surveillance of their surroundings. There are five homesteads in the farmlands that make up the outskirts of Kikai, all remote from each other; each occupies a plot of land one square kilometer in size. Each of the homesteads has a one-story ranch-style home, a large barn, a coop, and fenced-off land where crops are grown. The total area is roughly twenty-five square kilometers in size. Given the size of the area, neither girl can tell exactly how many people are in the full scope of the place, but would be able to get more precise information the closer they venture to specific homesteads.

Kiho relays her orders: Eri and Yaki are to team up to begin investigating the buildings, while Shosuke hangs back to prepare to administer medical assistance. She requests information from Okingshi, who seems to disregard the request entirely.

Kiho herself is quickly armored up, her Lightning Release Chakra Mode enabling her to move at truly superhuman speeds. Shosuke, designated to be her assistant, is unfortunately unable to keep up with her when she moves at these speeds, and it’s even difficult to keep track of where exactly she’s going, though Hana and Eri would both be able to keep Shosuke apprised of Kiho’s movements. If she keeps up her top speed, Kiho is able to locate nine adults and seven children across two of the homesteads (A and B).

In homestead A, there are two adults and three children trapped inside the home, unable to leave due to the collapse of the interior supports trapping them inside the central living space; all have sustained some minor injuries from the initial collapse and attempts to escape. There are two adults in the wider acreage, trying to wrangle panicking cattle and bring them to the relative safety of the well-built, seemingly undamaged barn.

In homestead B, two adults are struggling to put out a growing fire that has erupted in the kitchen of their home. Two adults and two older children are racing across the acreage towards their nearby well to fetch buckets of water. Not far off from the burning home, the final adult is monitoring the two younger children and appears to be attempting to tend to the youngest’s broken leg.

Kiho can attempt to rescue any number of the people on either homestead, but the civilians will incur damage from her raiton armor if she attempts to carry anyone while it is active!

Eri and Yaki venture towards homestead C. Eri, with her tremorsense, is able to detect the presence of four adults and one child. In this homestead, a fire is raging in the barn—with cattle trapped inside! The fire is ripping through the barn’s stockpiles of hay. This scene is similar to that of homestead C, with the five individuals struggling to put out the fire. "Aunty went inside!” one of the adults shouts at the approaching shinobi, "tryin’ to get the cows out, but she hasn’t come back out!”

[Random Event: Eri!] With her bare feet pressed against the soft soil, Eri’s passive tremorsense is able to feel the rumbling of stomping hooves as the panicking cows inside the barn low and shift in place. Several of the cows are butting their heads against the enclosures to their small pens, attempting to break free—but fail. The animals remain in their pens. [Random Scenario Roll: No event. Safe!]

Hana is listening carefully, her genetically-enhanced hearing taking in anything and everything. The sheer amount of sound coming at her is overwhelming; she can pick out at least thirty distinct voices in the wider 25 sq km area, all shouting over each other or calling for help, as well as the lowing, barking, and screeching of cows, pigs, ducks, goats, alpacas, and dogs. In the distance at homestead D, she can hear a young child and a baby crying, though there is a noticeable lack of adult voices or sounds.

Okingshi, electing not to engage with the group at large, voyages underground towards homestead E, entering from beneath the house. When he emerges from the ground he finds himself in a cool, dark cellar, which may once have been well-stocked with supplies and jarred preserves; as it stands, the eerily quiet cellar is wreckage of broken shelving, shattered glass, and sticky, wet fruits and vegetables. There is a set of stairs that presumably leads to the rest of the house, though it is blocked off by dirt, stock, wood, and rubble. The corpse of one adult lays bloodied amidst the glass; from upstairs, Okingshi can hear the faint sound of someone groaning in pain, and croaking for help.

Shosuke is awaiting specific direction from Kiho, but depending on what information is relayed to him, may be able to help the injured that Kiho has located at homesteads A and B. Eri is also able to make him aware of at least one potentially injured person at homestead C.

Team One Citizens Located: 25
Total Citizens Located: 57
Total Dead: 6

[Random Event: Universal Roll]
After about five minutes of tackling their respective tasks, members of both teams feel a faint rumbling begin beneath their feet. Eri, with her tremorsense, is especially aware of this feeling, and after about five seconds it ramps up in intensity until it feels like the whole world is shaking apart beneath the collective shinobi’s feet. The town and farmland erupt in a fresh cacophony of screaming, the air thick with fear-sweat and rabid panic as a magnitude five aftershock rips through the region. Inside buildings, heavy furniture violently shakes, while already-delicate infrastructure that survived the first quake now shatters beneath the onslaught of its follow-up. The violent quake lasts for about thirty seconds, but even after the shaking subsides, people and animals are even more frightened than before. The inherent danger factor of the event is increased.

Players experience an immediate moment of danger based on their positions as of the last rotation. Take appropriate action to protect yourself, or injury to yourself or others may be incurred!

Kiho: A beam collapses, and the roof of one of the homesteads caves in directly over your head!

Eri and Yaki: The aftershock sends a collection of wicker baskets stored in the loft of the barn flying… directly into the fire. The wicker acts as an accelerant, and the fire suddenly balloons out in a burst of heat!

Okingshi: The debris blocking the stairs is shaken loose from the tremors, causing a veritable avalanche of stone, dirt, and rubble to come cascading down towards you!

Hana and Shosuke: You are far enough from any immediate danger that the tremors make you unsteady, but do not put you in further danger! (You are able to assist other players in their danger moments, if you’re in close enough proximity!)

LINK TO MAP

| | | | |

Second rotation posting deadline: 11/16/22, 04:00 HST
timezone converter

- Posting window will be strictly enforced. If a participant misses a rotation, they will be skipped. Whatever happened in the last post, if relevant to the skipped character, will happen to the character.
- A 24-hour extension may be given up to two times per member during the event, if the member contacts Tact.
- This event is death enabled and canonically takes place before the Fall 2022 Iwagkaure Chuunin Exams. If you are participating in both events, injuries or death that might occur during Shattered Foundations will significantly impact the proceedings of the exams in Kuwana.

Every rotation, a 1d6 will be rolled to see which Random Event impacts the vicinity of a team member. Another 1d6 will then be rolled to select that team member.

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. (:

The event will conclude when the entire vicinity has been checked by either team and at least 80% of Kikai’s population has been accounted for, either dead or alive. I will be keeping track of the net encountered civilians across both groups in each rotation.

If events between the two groups overlap, a tertiary thread may be created to merge the two groups and keep events consistent.

OOC Note: I’m very sorry for the delay in beginning the second rotation of this event, and I really appreciate your collective patience with me here. In the spirit of transparency, I’m electing to maintain the 72 hour posting deadline because I’ll be taking a weeklong LOA to visit my parents over Thanksgiving, and I want us to make as much progress in the event as possible before that time. I hope to begin rotation three on 11/16 shortly after the deadline, and then to begin rotation four on 11/19. Rotation four will have a ten-day posting deadline, and I will begin rotation five when I come home on 11/29.

Again, I’m sorry for the wait, and thanks for bearing with me. Let me know in PMs or Discord DMs if you have any questions or concerns.

[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 13, 2022 10:54:22 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Having been paired to what she could assume was a higher ranking shinobi Yaki would adjust her scarf and place the log a certain distance from the entrance as she pulled out one of her water scrolls seeing as she had to deal with a fire here first. Yakitsukeru cursed herself for not learning her natural elemental weakness before doton, as a mental tribute to her only actual academy teacher Tomomi. It was a dumb decision, but she was already here and she already needed to get the scroll's supply pouring out onto the flames.

"I will be inssside, if you can not yell to guide me then I shall ussse my own meansss," Yaki would say as she would rip the first of the scrolls seals dowsing herself in water. Not bothering with the longer chakra method of unsealing the water yet the girl would dash inside the burning barn and begin searching for the missing aunt. If the fire was ever too much she would activate the scroll to push out water and dowse the dry fire. Then the earthquake came back in force and Yaki had never quite felt this sort of sensation as she would turn her weight seals on only to keep herself deeply grounded she would not stumble. As the fire would intensify she would pull her other scroll and snap it in half. With the scroll having been at full capacity it would be simple enough to dowse the ground fires, but it would be one less things useful for the next location.

If the mass water spillage didn't quell the flames, or tumble Yakitsukeru, then she would work to keep looking for the woman, listening into the distance.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Water Scrolls

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Nov 13, 2022 10:55:15 GMT -5
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 14, 2022 4:51:31 GMT -5
Gure, Okingshi
Just your average fungi
Gure, Okingshi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Just spewed from the earthen embrace, Okingshi eyes slowly adjusted to the dimly lit conditions of his present environment. He soon became orientated, finding himself caught within the bowels of a basement or cellar; what appeared to be someone's cold storage. The atmosphere of its dark cramped innards were eerily cold with a dense fermenting odour lingering about. At first there was an unsettling quietness, only for it to be broken by the shinobi's deep raspy breaths expelling through their respirator. As he stepped forward the sound of glass crunching beneath the soles of his dirty sandals rippled outward, further lessening the natural silence.

From the moment of his arrival, Okingshi felt the presence of another person. His suspicions were confirmed as he peered into a dark corner of the room; there sat the body of a man, not much older than himself. Okingshi slowly approached them, carefully studying for any signs of life; which turned out to be fruitless. He knelt for a moment beside the corpse and placed two fingers on their carotid artery. "Mhrrr" a disappointed yet unsurprised Okingshi groaned.

Confirming the cold body; the cloaked Gure turned toward the room's congested orifice; a set of rotten stairs leading to a doorway, filled with muddied debris torn asunder from above. A feint moan of someone in dismay could now be heard echoing from there. His feet once again begun milling the broken glass with each step... Then suddenly Okingshi felt a strong jolt in his surroundings. It didn't stop... 'an aftershock, fuck?' Okingshi thought. 

He apathetically lunged toward a nearby wall where the deceased occupants rubbish and other belongings would have no chance to topple over onto him. However he was impeded before he could reach the destination; waste from the doorway oozed violently into the room; vomiting out in a manner that would devour him if he did not quickly act. Okingshi leapt up in a haste and flipped his entire body onto the ceiling, hanging there with the tree climbing skill as the coming detritus rushed by where he once stood.

When the aftershocks finished and the debris stopped moving, Okingshi made his way back to the doorway. Once there he clawed at the debris, discharging just enough so he could squeeze through a tight opening. On the ground floor, Okingshi looked around for the voice he heard earlier.

•notes:

Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing] used
Word Count: 394

last edit by Gure, Okingshi on Nov 14, 2022 5:07:36 GMT -5
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 15, 2022 5:41:01 GMT -5
Yamamoto Eri
I will do my duty
Yamamoto Eri Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday 8/3 rank Chuunin occupation Raikage's Assistant

Yamamoto Eri

Upon being given an instruction from the higher ranked shinobi, Eri nodded slightly beneath the hood of her poncho. "Kashikomarimashita," she intoned quietly before darting off after the Konoha Genin, her hands pulling out the scrolls she needed for her puppets. As the two shinobi reached the homestead she was easily able to locate not only the people who lived here, but the various animals that were currently stuck in the burning barn.

It is a matter of moments to have her puppets out, Kumo-baa moving with surprising swiftness towards the four people who remain outside of the house, the blank faced six armed puppet settled into a spot equidistant from the four, its multiple limbs stretched out in preparation for whatever actions might be needed to get them to safety. Eri herself touched down moments after, a pair of her Goro-chi 42 puppets floating next to her before they too zoomed towards the burning homestead.

"Do not fear, Kumogakure is here to assist," she declared to the four civilians, her attention already on the burning building and the Leaf ninja who was determined to run in without any sort of backup. "I will send my puppet with you, follow it to the correct location," she told the Genin, one of the Goro-chi hurtling through the air towards the burning barn alongside Yakitsukeru, the current vibrations through the earth giving her a very clear picture of what was happening within the structure. 

"Be careful, the cattle are likely to break free if we cannot stop the flames!" she yelled out into the barn, even as her puppet tried to lead the way to the woman who was apparently in there, sharp claws ready to slash at anything that might block the way. A tremor in the ground caught her attention, the subtle vibrations suddenly enhancing her 'vision' of her surroundings immensely as the new quake began to rock their surroundings.

"I will protect you," she declared to the civilians, Kumo-baa's long arms shooting out to hold them steady as she glued herself to the earth with kinobori, riding out the earthquake with steadiness that only came from her ability to sense it from such a distance. Should it seem like the civilians were in danger, Kumo-baa would be used as a more solid form of defence, but for the moment it was enough to hold them in place. The sudden increase in fire was met almost immediately by a deluge of water. She could only hope that it ended fighting the blaze, though she was ready to redirect the cattle should they break free.

Word Count: 434
Tags: , , , , ,

Eleri has written 86 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 16, 2022 12:53:36 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

At homestead C, Eri is using one of her Goro-chi puppets to navigate Yaki through the smoke and flames within the barn. Though the door is thrown open, there’s no ventilation through the roof, so the air within the barn is thick with smoke and soot, making it hard for Yaki to breathe as she heads inside. Her efforts with her water seals would help to mitigate this, however, as she doused the flames on her way through the barn, bringing some moisture back into the air.

The puppet leads Yaki straight through the center all the way to the back of the barn, where the body of a middle-aged woman is laying prone and unmoving on the ground. She is perfectly still, and through the haze it’s impossible to tell from a distance if she’s alive or dead.

It was at that moment that the baskets careened and the fire ballooned, and Yaki quickly released a fresh geyser of water to successfully put out the rolling flames. Goro-chi would be caught in the burst of flames from the accelerant, but not sustain too much damage due to Yaki’s swift and sensible response. Yaki is able to stay stable and secure during the tremors with the use of her haori weights.

Outside, Eri’s quick and deft control of Kumo-baa kept the civilians steady and secure during the long thirty seconds of the aftershocks, while Eri herself is kept stable through the use of Tree Climbing. The entire group watches as the barn balloons into a bright burst of fresh flames—which is then doused, and before long Yaki’s work within the barn puts the last of the flames out entirely.

"Aunty!” one of the civilians cries out, but their attempt to rush inside the barn is thwarted by Kumo-baa’s secure grasp.

At homestead E, Okinshi deftly slips out of the way of the rumbling debris caused by the aftershocks, held secure to the still-stable ceiling of the basement for a long thirty seconds. He can hear the same voice from before cry out in pain before he oozes through the tumbled debris and into the house proper. He emerges into what looks like a living room—the furniture is in shambles, and one of the support beams holding up the building’s entrance has collapsed, causing the front wall of the building to cave in on itself. From the midst of the rubble Okingshi can see the torso of an adult woman, about forty or so, her face a twisted grimace of pain. Her eyes widen when she sees the young shinobi. "Please,” she croaks, "my family—they’re in the bedroom—please help them…”

She’s clearly in immense pain, and Okingshi can see blood trickling out from what looks like a moderate head wound on the crown of her head. Despite this, she weakly points down a hallway, cluttered with broken furniture and crumbling plaster. "Please,” she says again, "please…”

[Random Event: Okingshi!] While this is happening, Okingshi can hear the sound of shattering glass coming from behind him, and a sudden whoosh of air and the crackling of flames as a fire suddenly starts in the kitchen! It’s small for now, but if left unattended, will certainly grow into a much larger problem! [Random Scenario Roll: Accelerated Fire!]

Meanwhile at homestead A, the tremors of the aftershock have caused further instability in the central living space, and one of the adults is now trapped under a collapsed, heavy beam! In the wider acreage, another adult has been headbutted by a panicking cow and is laying unconscious on the ground.

Over at homestead B, the kitchen fire is spreading despite the civilians’ best efforts to put out the flames, and the aftershocks have caused the fire to grow in scope and heat. The adult outside the building is still attempting to splint the child’s broken leg, though it’s clear they don’t really know what they’re doing.

With her LRCM still active and her speed accelerated, Kiho is able to deftly avoid getting bonked on the head by a falling beam, but seems unsure where to focus her attention in the midst of the chaos.

Back in the central area, the tremors of the aftershock knock Hana and Shosuke both off their feet, though they are far enough from any immediate danger that neither genin is injured in any capacity.

In the distance at homestead D, while the tremors are still ongoing, Hana can hear the cries of the young child and baby abruptly cut off.

Shosuke remains in place, awaiting direction from Kiho.

Team One Citizens Located: 27
Total Citizens Located: 100
Total Dead: 7

[Random Event: Universal Roll]
[Safe Roll!]

LINK TO MAP

| | | | |

Third rotation posting deadline: 11/19/22, 08:00 HST
timezone converter

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. (:

[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 17, 2022 17:32:54 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsu hissed through her now freshly soaked scarf as she stared to the woman in front of her. It was a cruel fate to reach where she was, but Yaki had to look at everything objectively... this woman had potenitally chose her fate, but dropping low in focus she would press an ear to the woman's chest for a heartbeat and hopefully hear one. If they were Yaki would drop her weight back down with a simple seal and gently pick up the woman as slowly as possible and carry her out of the building and look out to the distance for their one medic, "Eri-Sssenpai! Can one of your puppetsss take thisss woman to the medic that isss with usss? There are other placesss, and "

Yaki would call out in a booming voice for the young man they remembered the Raikage has sent with them by the name on Shosuke... or something similar to that. She was more concerned with moving to the next building as fast as possible. Assuming that Yaki was able to pass along the woman to be taken back to the medic she would move back into the barn to release the animals inside, warning the group collectively before doing so, so that the animals would not cause any issues, assuming that they were still alive. Hoping back a ways she looked between the households and moved the length towards Housestead D.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 19, 2022 1:24:41 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
It wasn't too often that one someone like Kiho could get caught up in the moment of trying to make sense out of all the chaos surrounding her. Despite mother natures intent she felt like she had all the right tools in place to make the most out of it, but again mother nature had other plans. The aftershock seemed to only cause more problems, and in an attempt to help the people in homestead A the beams collapsed and now she was sort of left without a plan to help the people inside.

Unfortunately Kiho had to use one of her speed burst in an attempt to save herself, but the whole point of it all was to save the people around her. So much for making the most of all of this, but that didn't mean it was too late to help. She had to trust that the others around her were still working as hard as they could to save as many lives as possible. "Can anyone inside hear me!" The Jounin specialist would yell in the hopes that she might be able to hear some of the people she spotted earlier.

If possible she hoped to get a response of some kind so that she knew were to place her focus on the collapsing home, if not she'd have to risk whatever time she had to give to save them. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to use this here, but its looking like my lapse in judgement has left me no choice. If there was ever a time your help is needed, now is that time Seven." Kiho called out before focusing on her link to the Nanabi.

So kind of you to ask Kiki, I'd say you're a little late, but its never too late to try right?

Mhm!

In a sudden burst a cloak with a rhinoceros horn and six wings would surround her lightning frame. Her orange eyes glowing ever so brightly while there were subtle changes to her physical appearance as a result of her utilizing the Nanabi's chakra. In her 7 tails state Kiho would be able to utilize as many as 20 chakra arms. All of which she could control with ease as well as manipulate its size as well as stretch, extending its length altogether.

With them she could use them to manipulate and create support beams of her own in order to give the people inside enough time to leave as well as grab some of them herself using the arms. With the amount of control she's garnered over the Nanabi's chakra she could prevent any harm from coming to anyone she got ahold of. Of course there was the issue of her lack of architectural experience, but she had enough Shinobi talent to make up for it.

All she had to do was remember and identify the support beams that collapsed initially and use a few of her arms to make up for it. She imagined she'd need to create about 6, and with the ability to literally manipulate its size at will she could make the hands as big as necessary to keep the home stable enough to [1] Call out to the family again to get an idea where they were [2]use the extra arms not supporting the beam to locate the family inside and pull them out or [3]Use all but 3 arms to literally keep the house together so she could save them all.

To make sure the building wouldn't collapsed all she would have to do is make sure that for ever beam support she created that she created another arm and hand large enough to fix whatever chaos she might have created trying to fix the first problem. By repeating that she could use her speed, size, and reflexes together to catch any falling debris while creating more support around the home. If all went as she hoped she'd be able to save them all, or collect the remains of the fallen at the very least so they could be buried.

She hoped the latter would not be necessary. If any managed to survive she could use the arms to grab them and bring them to Shosuke to use his medical prowess to help them while she flew up about 20 feet up to identify anyone else in the area that might need help before going to homestead B.

SA ACTIVE:
  • NANABI JINCHUURIKI - As the current Jinchuuriki of the Nananbi, Kiho now has more stamina and access to a immense reserve of chakra. She can also fly, knead Chitin, molt like an insect, but gains a boost in Durability as well.
  • EXTREME SPEED E.P.T - Kiho speed is increase beyond her normal capabilities making her harder to catch wind of.
  • DEPTH PERCEPTION E.P.T - Kiho has increase depth perception which allowed her to handle moving at high speeds with ease, especially when using high speed attacks that create tunnel vision.
  • HELL STAB MASTERY RAITON Kiho has improved her ability to use techniques in the Hell Stab tree to a level of no longer needing to use handseals. She can also continiously used the jutsu without deactivation so long as she uses additional Chakra.
POUCH ITEMS
  • ----
  • ----
  • ----
TRANSFORMATION
  • ---

JUTSU
  • Konchū Kōka Kesseki | 昆虫硬化結石 | [ Insect Hardening - Stone ]
    CHAKRA USAGE: Low ( Activate ), Medium ( Maintain )
    CLASSIFICATION: Jinchūriki
    HANDSEALS: 8
    DESCRIPTION:
    After weaving the necessary handseals, the Host of the Nanabi will be able to utilize Chomei's exoskeleton properties to enhance the durability of their skin. The aforementioned result will turn the Host skin color gray while also strengthening the users skin to that of refined stone. This will also enable the user to take on just about every basic ninja tool without receiving any damage, that is unless they are laced with enough Chakra/Element capable of piercing their skin at this level. The users skin will also be able to take on any direct contact from their opposition in hand to hand combat so long they aren't chakra enhanced. This however does not mean that the user will be consequence free from any momentum based attacks or pain at this level—even though pain for normal punches and kicks will be lessoned to a minor degree—instead, this would merely protect the Host from being cut, bruised, and prevent their bones from breaking as a result of regular attacks. In turn, anyone who is not a Taijutsu practitioner might find making contact with the user painful if not careful. If the User doesn't sustain a repeated strain of moderate damage than this can hold up for about [5] post in total. Taking on a few strain of moderate damage will lower the amount the user can maintain this for [3] post in total. Slightly above that will leave the users skin susceptible to taking on damage, and significant damage can [destroy] its defenses entirely while also leaving the user vulnerable to taking damage. [X]

• Lightning Release Chakra Mode: Stage One [Raiton Chakura Mōdo: Sutēji Ichi] [ TWO Shuushin useS ]
    CHAKRA USAGE: High
    ELEMENT: Raiton
    DESCRIPTION:
    The user wraps their body in a cloak of Raiton though not used offensively, the cloak is used to stimulate the users nervous system. Speeding up neural synapses to react faster, as well as pushing the users body to its absolute limit, allowing for tremendous raw speed, a speed which makes even a one tomoe Sharingan user confused as to the user's whereabouts. The increase in speed comes with a great level of fatigue attached with it making this a jutsu best suited to be used when needed and not spammed throughout the entirety of a fight (though it can be used that way its highly dangerous). It is effectively an armor that surrounds the user allowing them to brush off and B-rank and below Raiton techniques and also C-rank and lower Physical attacks.

This jutsu improves on the basis of the Lighting Release Body Flicker and makes it a more longer lasting affect (2 rounds) with more more refined increases. But also much more costly price as over use in one fight could overexert the user causing the body to shut down in due to crippling pain.

Acts as an elongated Shunshin technique. The user can move at shunshin speeds with the above benefits for 2 rounds with one High usage of Chakra. This can be used four times total during a thread, each time tiring out the body of the user. After the fourth time, their muscles are completely deteriorated.

• Chakra Shroud [ 7 Tail ]
    • Version 1 - With all 7 tails present in her V1 state Kiho maintains control over everything she can do from prior V1 tails. Her strength is increased, but more impressively her defensive capabilities reach another threshold. In this shroud she is capable of tanking most Mid Tier level jutsu and weaponry completely. Kiho is also capable of holding her on against some High Tier level jutsu and weaponry. The variety of things she can do with her chakra tails at this level is also improved. Kiho's mental state at this level is the same as the previous four as she is able to enter this shroud at will along with having complete control.

• NAME: Chakuraāmu [Chakra Arms]
    CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
    DESCRIPTION:
    When a Tailed Beast or Jinchuuriki taps reaches into their Version 1 Chakra Cloak, they are capable of using the bubbling chakra which surrounds them as an extension of their body. These chakra appendages can be freely manipulated for almost an infinite distance as a result of its lack of joints. Additionally, they can surge at opponents at speeds that even the most highly trained of shinobi would have trouble reacting to. These appendages can grow in size and form, but only those who have control of at least half of their form (starting at Version 2 Chakra Cloak) can create any number of chakra arms they desire from any part of their body. Just like the original chakra arms, these extra arms can be used as grappling hooks, for grabbing opponents/objects, defense, or offensively. Unlike the original arms, these chakra arms are much thicker, and darker as a result of Version 2's advanced nature. For those who have minimal control, all chakra arms will always cause burns to those who contact them. (can be made cool for those with good amount of control). In the case of the Ichibi Jinchuuriki, these chakra arms will be in the form of sand.
    Version 1 - Can attain up to 20 Chakra Arms dependent upon Control. With max Version 1 tails being 20 and half of one's tail equating to 10. Etc.

Version 2 - Unlimited Tails
| AP has written 425 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team oneNov 19, 2022 9:39:39 GMT -5
Gure, Okingshi
Just your average fungi
Gure, Okingshi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Okingshi staggered clear of the basement's doorway into the destroyed living room. His cloaked silhouette stalking around to find any other inhabitants, especially the voice from earlier. That's when he saw her.. a woman, prephaps the wife of the corpse now below him. The Kusagakure shinobi carefully assessed the structure's integrity as he approached them. From the unrelenting earthquake a wall had collapsed, seemingly crushing their body. But the rest of the building seemed sturdy for now. Okingshi crouched next to the woman as she directed his eyes to another room, claiming there were others to be saved; her children.

With a deep exhale, a cloud of toxic spores were produced from Okingshi's breathe. The particles lingered in the air for a moment before drifting downward to the woman's mouth, where she begun inhaling them. She coughed violently, almost choking as they entered her lungs. Okingshi noticing the effect they had on her looked deep into her pain striken eyes, before leaning in close to her ear. "Shh. The pain is almost over. Embrace the gift I'm giving you, let me end your suffering" he whispered.

As the words left his lips, Okingshi placed his hand over the woman's mouth and begun suffocating her. For what seemed like an eternity the woman attempted to stop him. The genin felt her breathless screams beneath his palm as she also lifted her wounded weak arms to claw at his cloak and respirator. Once the life left her body, Okingshi sighed and climbed back onto his feet.

Okingshi saw no reason to linger over the body and dashed toward the hallway where the woman had gestured to earlier. He took a large breath in through his respirator before shouting out. "Hello? Anyone..." before he could finish his sentence a small explosion sounded in another room.

He turned around to see smoke pouring into the living room, and the light of a fire casting against the walls. It would cause him to suddenly expedite his actions, running further into the hallway in search of anyone else still alive.

•notes:

Word Count: 344

last edit by Gure, Okingshi on Nov 20, 2022 6:00:56 GMT -5