compose a reply
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 1, 2023 17:54:06 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

There was always something going on somewhere. Sometimes it was a huge war spanning an entire country costing countless lives, other times it was a band of low lives producing cheap knock offs costing precious time and money, and in both cases it was always the balance of things that was thrown off. Great as Konoha was, with a village this large it was near impossible to keep track of every single thing a person did and where there was opportunity there was someone ready and willing to take advantage of it. The genin wasn't entirely sure how this mission would help make him a better shinobi but as someone explained to him information gathering was as crucial to being a ninja as ninjutsu and genjutsu so finding out who was creating these counterfeit items and putting an end to their operation would be good experience. But where would an investigation like this even begin?

Fortunately there was one who would probably have a better idea about that and his name was Shigure. They had worked together stopping some pirates a while back and he was pretty cool, too, so Mairusu didn't mind having to work with him again even if he was from one of those special clans that the genin didn't really care for. They had decided to meet in the market area as that was where quite a few of the fake items had popped up from and in a place that was always so busy it was no wonder how these people were passing off their counterfeits so easily.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 208 posts
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 1, 2023 20:59:07 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"counterfeit".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

MISSION BRIEFING

A few months back, Shigure and Wahei went on a mission together to weed out some scummy merchants who were pushing some counterfeit electronics in the Hidden Leaf Village. With their joint effort, they managed to find the source of their business, and eradicate it from the village. Still, this was but a temporary solution, as similar problems seemed to be arising once again. With Wahei now busy, the village decided to let Shigure handle the mission due to his previous experience. However, since he had become a Jounin, it was also a good opportunity to get a Genin to learn under his guidance and acquire practical experience. Since Shigure had previously worked with Mairusu, it made the young sage apprentice the perfect candidate.

Shigure had sent word for the boy so they could meet up in the rooftops near the central market of their village, and once the boy finally showed up, Shigure would greet him with a subtle smile and a short bow. "Mairusu-kun, I'm happy to be working with you again. Ready to catch some thieves?" he asked, widening his smile. "Not too long ago I dealt with some scummy merchants, but seems like we are having similar issues again. I checked their old warehouse and hiding place, and they are still vacant, which leads me to believe these people are from another group entirely, trying to fill the market void..." he explained his thinking. "That said... The first thing we need to do is to scout the area and see if we can identify who's pushing the counterfeit goods. Apparently, this time, it is mostly radios." he added.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [2/15]
Meeting and briefing
[]
[275 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 3, 2023 16:24:15 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Yeah I think it'll be fun. Maybe not as fun as blowing up a pirate ship but definitely a close second." The genin would reply as he peered down from the rooftops. Most didn't even know the two were up here and those that did were doing their best to ignore the duo. It was probably a more than normal occurrence to see people who could stick to just about any surface standing in places that normal people couldn't. He was surprised to hear that Shigure had already dealt with a similar situation before and even more surprised to hear that others were trying to peddle fake stuff after a whole group had just been caught. "I wonder why they'd try to do this when the people before them got caught? Is the money they make off this counterfeit stuff really worth it?" Mairusu would ask with an inquisitive tone. To him it seemed more like a when and not an if they'd get caught, so was whatever money they would make in that time frame worth going to jail for?

The genin would listen attentively as Shigure presented their first plan of action: scouting. It'd be impossible to stop the sale of these counterfeit goods without first knowing who was selling them and while the market area was huge they at least had some info to go on in the form of radios being the item in question this time. "Radios.. got it. I imagine there can only be a handful of place that sell those things anyway. So do we just check shop to shop or ask around? Also, how do we know it's fake? Will it just not work?" Questions upon questions but such was the life of a young shinobi. Patience was a virtue but getting the counterfeiters off the street quickly was also important and asking every shop owner about their radios seemed like it would slow them down.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 3, 2023 16:49:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"counterfeit".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

RISK AND REWARD

Shigure chuckled a bit when he mentioned the outcome of their previous mission together and the Hyuuga nodded in agreement. "That's the good thing about being a shinobi: our missions vary a lot, so you won't ever grow bored of feel like things are getting dull." he said, and while he was ignoring the fact that they lived in a world filled with hatred, and death, he knew that right now he needed to foster the child's enthusiasm so that he could grow to become a real asset to the village. It wasn't ideal, and Shigure was well aware of that, but it was necessary.

"People operate based on a logic of risk and reward. This business is highly profitable, so, in their minds, it is worth the risk of getting caught and arrested. They can make more money at a faster pace than if they had an honest work. And they also believe they can succeed where others failed before, learn from their mistakes if you may." he explained, shaking his head. It was unfortunate that crime did pay in this world, but their job was to crack down on it so the risk would then begin to outweigh the reward.

As for how they would go about finding it, Shigure pointed to his face as the veins on his temples bulged. "HQ gave us the blue prints of the average radios sold in the village." he said as he grabbed a scroll and unsealed a few different blue prints on the parts of different types of radios. "I will check every store selling them and look inside the radios to see which ones are counterfeit. And while some of them won't work properly as their flaw, others will stream their frequency to other frequencies, thus making it easier for people to intercept communications. Which could lead to more serious issues, such as leaking confidential information, or tampering with missions." he explained. "Any other questions before we begin?" he asked the boy.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [4/15]
Showing blue prints and activating Byakugan
[]
[340 words]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 4, 2023 11:38:14 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The way Shigure explained the counterfeiters way of thinking almost made it make sense and while there was validity in learning from one's mistakes and coming back better why people decided to use that logic for crime was an answer that still eluded the boy. Sure, it must have been nice pulling in piles of cash for selling cheap knock offs but how many of these people were actually seeing that money? Or better yet, how many of them actually got to pocket a good amount of it instead of having to send it to the top and hope they got their fair share? Greed was the foundation of their operation and there was no doubt in the genin's mind that it ran rampant throughout all of the seedy people working for them. "Hmm yeah I guess that makes sense. Shame they can't put that craftiness to good use." Mairusu would reply shaking his head slightly in disapproval.

He would do his best to remember as many details about the blueprints as possible so he would know what to look out for but it seemed that Shigure and his special eyes would be doing all of the heavy lifting this time around. Still, he'd try and help best he could. "Stealing info definitely isn't good. Huh, I guess those things are more useful than just playing music." Mairusu was surprised to hear about the frequency mirroring and all the repercussions that could come with someone getting a hold of information they shouldn't have.

"Nope, seems pretty straightforward. Let's get to it!"

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 4, 2023 12:00:20 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

BAIT

Shigure nodded in agreement. "It is a shame indeed. But don't be surprised by that. We see that everywhere. For example, when we have missing-nin. They could be using their powers for the sake of their home, their village, and instead, they choose to pursue their own self-interests." he explained. And while there was always a motivation behind people's actions, in general terms, people who chose a life of crime did so because it seemed easier, because they didn't care about how their actions would impact others. "That's why we need to work hard and become strong shinobi. So we can fight against the people who want to disrupt our order, our way of life." he added with a firm nod.

"Now, once I find the source... Well... I will need you to do something that may be a bit dangerous, Mairusu-kun. But you are a shinobi, and I believe you can handle this task." he started speaking while at the same time activating his Doujutsu so he could start scanning the market area. "I will need you to pretend to steal their money, and try to run away. Let them capture you, so they can take you to their hideout. Once you are there, I will rescue you and we can arrest them all. Do you think you can handle that?" he asked the boy, not wanting to impose a risk situation on him. But if anything, that seemed to be the best course of action. If they managed to knock Mairusu out, Shigure would certainly be able to locate him and rescue him, while the other way around wouldn't be as certain.

C-Rank Mission [6/15]
Explaining strategy
[]
[275 words]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 4, 2023 12:32:59 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Ideals, agendas, and the pursuit of survival seemed to be a prevailing theory in this world and it was the guiding principle behind decisions from genin all the way to Daimyo. The boy had struggled with similar ideas since his first conversations with Kasumi all that time ago though it was more so having to choose between nature and the village at times when they came in conflict but he imagined it wasn't all too dissimilar to choices others had to make when it came time to choose between the greater good and their own self interest. But there would be time for that later, right now the mission was priority number one. Mairusu was genuinely pumped for what was to come. Spotting the fakes from the safety of the rooftops and then busting into the shops to round up the bad guys was gonna be fun as hell. Would they each take a list of shops? Would they go one by one? The genin was sure that Shigure had some master plan to ensure that things went as smoothly as possible and all that was left was agreeing to things and then they could get started. A brow raised slightly upon hearing of the dangerous nature of the plan but what was a shinobi but someone who ran head first into dangerous conditions? Besides, it was just some guys selling knock off radios so it wasn't like they'd be all that tough anyway.

"You want me to get caught... on purpose?" The boy's head tilted to the side as if the weight of the explanation was too much for his neck to bare. "That's certainly a unique plan, but you'll be able to keep track of us anyway so I guess it isn't too bad. Hmm alright let's do it." Mairusu would reply with a nod. The plan went against everything he had been taught about being a shinobi and avoiding be captured, but the plan seemed solid and Shigure was pretty trustworthy so it wasn't like he'd really be all on his own.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 4, 2023 17:24:37 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

TARGET IDENTIFIED

Shigure nodded, confirming that it was exactly what he wanted. "I do. Think of this is a sort of infiltration. It will be better if you can transform into a more harmless looking kid, one they won't think is a shinobi upon first glance." he added, as he suspected that if they thought the thief was a ninja, they would perhaps just take the loss and run away, without revealing where their basis of operation was.

With his agreement and the other steps clarified, Shigure would continue to scan the area with his Byakugan, until he finally found it. Double checking with the blue prints provided by the mission intelligence, he managed to see that a particular stand on the market was selling the faulty equipment. It did take a good half an hour to find it, as it required the Hyuuga to scan inside the radios, and compare it to the blue prints, but it was done. "Found them. See the stand with the man with a goatee, beside the berry stand? Those are the ones selling the counterfeit goods. They are keeping the money on the left side, under their counter, inside a small safe. Wait until they are opening it to deposit the money of a transaction and steal it." he said, looking at the boy and giving him a firm nod. "I will be watching you, so don't worry!" he reassured Maisuru.

C-Rank Mission [8/15]
Identifies the counterfeit stand
[]
[240 words]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 5, 2023 14:47:21 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Gotcha." Mairusu would respond before putting together a couple seals to transform himself into a pudgy, slow looking child that probably couldn't outrun a snail stuck inside a jar of molasses. "I think this should do the trick." He added with a chuckle. The two --or Shigure moreso-- would be on the lookout for the next half hour looking out for one of the fake radios until finally a stall was spotted that had 'em. It was go time.

Looking in the direction that the Hyuga had pointed out to him Mairusu could make out the man with the weird looking facial hair who had a stack of the shoddy pieces of equipment he couldn't wait to pass off as genuine. "Safe on the left, got it." The genin would reply as he took in the last minute instructions while also coming up with a bit of a plan himself. "Alright it's showtime." The boy would reply before making his way off the rooftop to a back alley and then stepping back onto the main road.

Waiting around for someone to come up and buy one of the radios could have taken anywhere from five minutes to five hours so the boy needed to find a way to look inconspicuous until the moment arrived. He scanned the area before settling on the berry stand that would prove very useful. Mairusu would take a gander at the various fruits that were on sale as if he had any intention of buying one all the while keeping an eye on the next stall over. It wouldn't take long for someone to come up and if there was one thing the kid had to give that man credit for is that he had a way with words and practically made the sale in but a few sentences. As soon as the woman reached for her purse Mairusu knew it was time to act and quickly as he could swiped a handful of berries from the counter that would soon come in handy.

The genin would inch closer the moment he saw the man move out of sight heading to deposit the money from the last sale before in one fell swoop running up. "Here catch!" He'd shout before throwing the fist full of berries in the man's face and swiping the bag of money from the same. 'Gotta remember, not too fast.' The boy told himself as he jogged down the street away from the stand. He had to let himself get caught but Shigure never said anything about not making the guys break a sweat first.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 5, 2023 23:34:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

PURSUIT

Shigure would be following Mairusu with his Byakugan as the kid, after performing the Transformation Technique, darted towards the place the Hyuuga had identified as the source of the counterfeit goods. The boy seemed rather confident, and that was a good thing. From what he had displayed during their previous mission, Shigure was confident he could pull this off.

After waiting a short while, someone came to buy one of their faulty goods, and after the transaction, Mairusu moved in when he noticed that he had an opportunity. Just before the man could lock the safe, he was surprised by the boy with berries to the face, snatching the bag of money and jogging down the street in the opposite direction from the stands. The man was dizzy for a while, but two others started chasing from different points in the market; they were their accomplices just blending in with the crowd.

The two strong looking men would pursue Mairusu, aiming to tackle him down. "Thief! Come back here!!" one of them would scream as they lounged for the kid. Despite the fact that they were fit and fast for a regular civilian, the only reason they could close in on the boy was because getting caught was part of their plan.

C-Rank Mission [10/15]
Two men chase after Mairusu
[]
[216 words]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 6, 2023 13:43:35 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Half-assedly jogging down the street would allow the counterfeiters to believe they had a chance at catching the boy but what surprised him was two other men being the ones to pursue him. The accomplices had shown themselves right off the bat which would make rounding them all up in the end even easier. For a moment he thought about running a bit longer to see if anyone else would join in but if the pursuit lasted too long and drew too much attention there was a chance they'd give up and then the duo would be back at square one.

In unceremonious fashion Mairusu would stick one foot in front of the other to trip himself up right as one of them jumped to tackle him, hitting the ground with a thud but wriggling around to try and still sell the part. "Ahh let me go. Come on, get off of me!" He'd blurt out without putting up too much of a fight. So long as they didn't try anything funny Mairusu wouldn't give too much of a fuss and even though he trusted Shigure to keep him out of true harm if the need to defend himself arose the genin would do it.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 6, 2023 14:57:25 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

SPLIT UP

Mairusu would eventually allow himself to be caught by the two man, and once they tackled him, he would pretend to struggle a bit, putting not much of a fight. They would go on to tie his hands behind his back with a rope, and then proceed to drag the boy back to the man who was selling the counterfeit goods. "You little shit!" the man said, looking at the boy. When they finally got back, the guy behind the counter would talk to the one holding Mairusu. "Take him to the back alley and give him a proper beating. And you..." he said, looking to the other. "And you, take the money to the safe house. We don't need any other brat to give us a hard time." and the man nodded.

With the two of them going separate ways, it meant Shigure would be following the one with the money, and leaving Mairusu to break out of his bindings and give his captors a treat once the one with the money was far enough. "Well... Let's make sure he has some support at least. Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" Shigure slammed his hand on the ground, and from a puff of smoke, one of his eagles, Daisuke, would appear. "Hey Shigure. Needing some help?" the eagle asked with its eager tone. "Follow my partner, and help him while I follow the other guy, okay?" and the eagle nodded, flying towards where the man was taking the boy.

Meanwhile, Shigure would start following his target from the rooftops, keeping track of his location with the Byakugan.

C-Rank Mission [12/15]
Summons Daisuke and sends him to aid Mairusu. Follows the other guy.
[]
[277 words]

Summon info:

NAME: Daisuke
ELEMENT: Katon: Fire Release
TYPE: Golden Eagle
SPECS: Taijutsu Primary, Ninjutsu Secondary

APPEARANCE:
Daisuke is fairly common when it comes to a Golden Eagle’s appearance. He has dark brown and gold feathers, all of which have a beautiful and healthy sheen to them, with the typical black beak, with visible yellow skin around it, his eyes, and on his feet. He has large talons that are around two inches, with a rather large form for a male eagle, being around nine or ten pounds, or four and a half kilos, and just over three feet, or a meter when perched, with a wingspan that reaches around seven feet, or two meters from tip to tip.

PERSONALITY:
Daisuke is a very loyal eagle, though he has quite a curious nature. While he has an incredible predatory instinct, Daisuke is still quite young and typically relies on the other eagles of his convocation to guide him. He tends to be a bit more exploratory than most birds, and will often "play with his food” to see what the things around him are capable of when he is able to. That being said, though, Daisuke is very well trained, and will always do as instructed by his summoner or the greater eagles of his convocation.

ABILITIES:

Sharp Talons
Daisuke is much more powerful than might be assumed of him, and the strength of his claws are incredible to witness. When attacking with taijutsu, his talons will always come into play, adding a piercing effect to each of his attacks, similar to the strength of a bow and arrow.

JUTSU:
D - Kuikkurōtēshon [Quick Rotation]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 6, 2023 15:48:39 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

As expected the guys weren't too happy once they finally got their hands on Mairusu but his little stunt had also spooked them into taking their money to wherever their operation was based out of. Unfortunately the plan began to deviate a bit when one of the guys instructed the others to take the genin to an alley instead of them all going to the hideout. Well shit. Obviously the mission came first so the boy assumed that Shigure would be following the money which left Mairusu to fend for himself. That part he wasn't too concerned about but how would he locate the rest of them and their hideout? Well he'd just have to figure that part out afterwards. "A b-beating?! No please, I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" Mairusu would cry out in false anguish. If the whole Sage thing didn't work out then perhaps movie star would be his next goal.

The boy would go along willingly as his captors hurried him to one of the alley ways that no one dared step foot in unless they wanted trouble which made it a perfect spot to put the hurtin' on a thief. "Aight kid, gonna teach you a valuable lesson about what happens when you take what doesn't belong to ya." The thug grinned all the while not knowing Mairusu had been performing a sly set of seals to undo the ropes on his hands. "Please please... give me a break." Mairusu responded, his voice changing from faux scared to lax. He would bring his hands forward as the ropes that once bound them harmlessly fell to the ground.

"Wha-What the--?" The older man blubbered about as Mairusu quickly performed a set of seals to charge his hands with raiton chakra before stepping forward and grabbing hold of the man to hopefully take him out of commission. Watching the man drop to the ground, the genin would take a few moments to tie his hands together with the rope just in case he wanted to wake up and start causing problems. He'd then step out from the alley way and look around to see if he could spot the other two guys but unfortunately they were long gone. "Damn, how am I gonna find Shigure now?"

Nawanuke no Jutsu [Rope Escape Technique]

NAME: Kangekiha no Jutsu [Inspiration Wave Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: Raiton
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After the handseals are completed, the user will generate a large amount of Raiton onto their hands which could be discharged onto a person or object they are in close contact with. The electricity from this jutsu has enough power to intensively damage and electrocute the opponent. Due to it's short range, conductive materials are often used to lengthen it's range, and even improve the electrical power of the technique. Methods such using streams of water or ninja wire are common ways to improving the jutsu's range.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Hiesin Mairusu on Jan 6, 2023 15:49:34 GMT -5
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 6, 2023 15:59:28 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

HIDEOUT

The boy continued to play his role properly and the man just snorted at his begging as he dragged him to the back to get some real beating, but just before they got started, the boy finally dropped his fake persona, and before the older man could do anything, he would be hit by a Lightning Release attack, taking him completely out of commission. As strong of a civilian he was, he was no match for an actual jutsu performed by a Genin. As the man fell to the ground in a loud thud, the other one came running, his eyes alarmed as to the noise, but before they could attack Mairusu, Daisuke hit him from the back with his talons, sending him head onto the wall, thus knocking him unconscious.

"Hey boy, Shigure sent me to give you some aid, but seems like you can take care of yourself! Now, follow me." the bird said, guiding the boy towards the direction Shigure went.

Speaking of, Shigure had followed the man to the outskirts of the village, close to two kilometres into the woods, where they had a small hut by a dirty road. He could see that that was the place where they were producing the counterfeit goods. It was a small operation, they had three workers, and five guards there, and someone else, who sit by an office, who was supposed to be the boss. Shigure would sit by, in the bushes, waiting for Daisuke to bring Mairusu his way, so that the two could attack together and swiftly sweep their operation.

C-Rank Mission [14/15]
Waiting near their hideout
[]
[267 words]
Counterfeit [Mission]Jan 6, 2023 16:47:39 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Hubris had blinded the boy from keeping on his toes as he had failed to notice the second guy who had probably been waiting for the first one to finish up before they made their next move, but before either of them could make a move the man was rushed head first into a wall by an... eagle? A brow shot up in confusion at the sight, its counterpart joining in shortly once it began to speak. It had been sent by Shigure to help Mairusu out and guide him should the need arise. Wow, that man really thought of everything. "Uh ok, let's get a move on then."

The genin would follow closely behind the eagle as it led him a ways away until a small hut appeared in the distance. They were so far out that Mairusu felt it ok to drop his transformation technique and he'd spot the main man himself sitting in some bushes scoping out the place. He imagined that even without those special eyes it wouldn't have been too hard to track those guys but the Byakugan certainly did help. "Is this the spot?" Mairusu would ask in a hushed tone. They were getting to the climax of the mission and he imagined that no one inside would just let themselves be captured willingly so the genin was ready to tumble.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style