age birthday rank occupation

Universal Taijutsu

NAME: Shizen no Seirei [Spirits of Nature]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low - Very Low to Maintain

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu

ELEMENT: See Details

HANDSEALS: None

DESCRIPTION:
One of the few Taijutsu that utilizes chakra, Shizen no Seirei allows the user to coak their hands and feet in elemental chakra to increase their effectiveness in hand to hand combat. The type of chakra used have varying effects determined by the table below, though it should be noted that only one element can be activted at a time.

• Katon - Fire: The user ignites their hands in feet with fire, causing their taijutsu or hand to hand attacks to burn whatever they touch. The degree of damage done varies depending on the exposure to direct contact with these flames, ranging from mild to severe burns.
  • Fūton - Wind: Forms overlapping layers of wind, churning like tiny tornadoes over the users hands and feet. The wind generated this way is left in constant motion, cutting their target like shrapnel.
  • Raiton - Lightning: Lightning sparks over the users extrematies, crackling in a very exuberant display. Any contact with the lightning will send tiny shocks through the point of impact, both improving the piercing power of the users strikes, while sending a slight numbing sensation. Repeated hits in the same general location will increase the numbing effect.
  • Doton - Earth: Using the power of earth, the users hands and feet take on a feeling as if they were far more dense than they otherwise should be. Strikes with the Doton nature active have increased bludgeoning power, increasing the area of impact, if only slightly, against their target while causing their target to feel as if they had been struck by stone. Earth is particularly useful against opponents using bladed weapons, as some skilled practitioners have used this technique to grab onto blades without suffering injury.
  • Suiton - Water: Layers of water spiral around the users hands and feet in a similar fashion to the wind variant. Upon impact, however, the water bursts over the area causing great blunt trauma.
has written 5 posts
Spirits of Nature - TaijutsuFeb 7, 2023 14:13:13 GMT -5
Matt
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Matt Avatar
groupnull
For real? I mean, the intent was to make a branch of jutsu based on each element with this as the base for all of them. If I need to make each element a separate jutsu on top of that fact, I feel there is little to no need for this jutsu to even exist and to just make the branch techniques. And this may be anecdotal, but 5 jutsu is a lot more review when at its core it's just 1 thing.
has written 5 posts
Spirits of Nature - TaijutsuFeb 8, 2023 7:51:04 GMT -5
Toff E
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Regardless, it has to be separated to be reviewed. There is not a middle ground here; I would also point out that several jutsu, and some clans, do very similar things to these jutsu, with the need for handseals or preparation ahead of time. The intent here felt like it was to make a Taijutsu technique that allows the body to act as a conductive weapon, which I whole-heartedly do not think is a path that should exist as a stand alone.

This isnt to say immediate denial, just note that THIS technique when broken apart will be needing a lot of review. But until it is 5 seperate techniques it can not be completely judged.
has written 96,183 posts
Spirits of Nature - TaijutsuFeb 8, 2023 8:26:00 GMT -5
Matt
Matt Avatar
groupnull
Well, I had a hunch that techniques utilizing multiple elements like this weren't allowed any. I've seen weapons in a similar vein be denied as such. I'll be removing this from notify staff to make some adjustments. Thanks for your time, and I apologize if I seemed stubborn about it in my previous post.
has written 5 posts