Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was time for yet another lesson with Dai Ri at the prison, the girl had enjoyed learning about the many different methods of torture as well as all of its applications and even how to endure it. The lessons she’d learned here were enlightening and she kept coming back wanting to know more.
[break][break]
And had quite a few questions on other things she could do better, as she arrived at the snowed in prison she’d await her instructors arrival standing in the hallway reading her small notebook going over the material that they had gone over before almost as if she were expecting a quiz of some kind always the studious one.
[break][break]
"The best way to interrogate someone is to do so by attempting to appeal to emotion, in whatever way possible be it through fear, logic or compassion. The manner in which this is achieved is different for each individual and for best results on must be as adaptable as possible in order to account for a variety of scenarios.”
[break][break]
The girl would mutter to herself as she looked down at her musing within her book as she patiently awaited the arrival of the head interrogator of the prison who was no doubt expecting the young scholar. Since last they spoke the girl had been working with the diplomacy corps a fact that had no doubt reached his ears.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]231 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Meep has written 348 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 12, 2023 20:18:32 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
A
nother day, another lesson. The young shinobi Muramatsa Jun had returned once again for another lesson in the art of torture and interrogation. Given her studious nature, Dai Ri could not say he found himself surprised. She was someone with a lot of grit and a desire to understand all the tools at her disposal. As Dai Ri approached, he could hear Jun muttering to herself, going over their previous lessons about the subject of interrogation.

"Greetings. Thank you for being timely as ever," Dai Ri would greet with a shallow bow.

"I am glad to see your return. I have an interesting subject to address with you today. One that may be slightly familiar from lessons I taught at the academy, if you can recall those." Academy students learned a lot in a very short time, so many people often forgot Dai Ri's genjutsu lectures.

"However, before we begin getting into the subject of genjutsu, I suppose I should ask if you have any questions about our previous sessions," he said, turning around and motioning for her to follow. As always, Dai Ri would be leading her back to his office. For a learning session like this, a neutral setting and having somewhere for Jun to sit down would be important. Certain types of genjutsu techniques could be very disorienting and cause individuals to become dizzy, something that would be safer if Jun was seated instead of walking.
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 18, 2023 14:57:34 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As Dai Ri arrived the girl would look up from her books pleased to see that her instructor is doing well she hadn’t seen him since the summer and with her keeping herself busy with a myriad of other tasks she did her best not to forget too many of his lessons but wouldn’t be opposed to a refresher since he seemed to be offering one. "If I recall our first lesson was on how to properly apply interrogation methods?”
[break][break]
"The second was on the implementation of torture methods and how to resist them.” the girl would stop to take a moment to think to make sure she wasn’t missing anything. "I believe that is a sufficient summation of the curriculum correct?” The girl had said having refreshed her memory by looking over her notes a few days before arriving, she knew she’d been away for some time and while her memory was a little fuzzy so she did her best in order to make sure she retained as much as she could. But she waited for his answer there was still one other question remarking at the back of her mind.
[break][break]
"And also sir, whatever happened to that boy Ritsu and his band of thieves, were they ever apprehended?” the girl would wonder her memory harkening back to the boy she had interrogated when she first arrived in the walls of the prison.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]234 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 18, 2023 14:58:52 GMT -5
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 18, 2023 21:36:44 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
D
ai Ri's pupil requested a slight refresher on the topics of their original two lessons, providing a summation of the materials they had covered during those two missions. He nodded his head slightly in agreement, confirming what they had covered.

"That is correct," he agreed. "In our first lesson you learned about interrogation and helped me to perform an interrogation on one of the prisoners here. In our second lesson you learned about torture methods and had a few mild examples performed upon yourself to help you learn what to anticipate when captured by an enemy, and how to resist such tortures."

Hopefully she would recall from their second session his important lesson - that there was no such thing as resisting torture, only enduring it.

Then Jun inquired about the young man she had helped to interrogate, Ritsu.

"I should not provide too much insight on active investigations, but I am sure you'll be relieved to learn they were apprehended. Ritsu will be receiving only a slap on the wrist as a reward for his cooperation with us,"
he said. "The one known as Skua will likely be receiving a more severe sentence." Yukigakure had grown kinder under Shuka's leadership, but its penal system was still a very strict one.

On arrival at his office, he would open the door to let Jun in and motion for her to take a seat.
has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 19, 2023 13:03:27 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With the confirmation of her information the girl was pleased to know that she still had the basics of their teachings still correct in the back of her mind and upon hearing the refresher information would nod her head, but then he would answer her follow up question in regards to what happened to the men that she interrogated hearing that they were eventually apprehended and that the one known as Skua would be receiving a rather harsh sentence.
[break][break]
"Good for their transgressions against our people, the punishment should fit the crime.” with that the girl would walk with her instructor towards wherever the two were set to go next. "But with that aside sir, what is our next subject genjutsu correct? I’m eager to see how we can incorporate this into our lesson.” the girl would say smiling to him as she awaited to be let into the walls of the Yukigakurian prison.
[break][break]
"Have you been well sir?” the girl would ask keeping up the pleasantries with him. It had been a good while since she’d seen him and had wondered if all was well working in a place like this had to be rather stressful and was curious about the older gentlemen’s well being, she had appreciated learning from him but also cared for him as a person naturally as one would, as they moved Jun would await an answer from the older gentlemen as their lesson began.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]240 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 19, 2023 22:01:22 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
S
uch a polite young woman to still be engaging in pleasantries even in a place like this. He nodded slightly as he took his seat as well.

"I have been well. The prison has been filling more and more lately, but I am good at managing my work." No one was as ruthlessly efficient as Dai Ri, and under his command the iron casket ran like a ship. If he was at all stressed, he certainly did not show it. Dai Ri was a man firmly in command of his emotions.

"As for today's lesson, you are correct that we will be covering the subject of genjutsu. On the field, genjutsu is often used in interrogation and torture. If you are captured by the enemy it is likely you will experience some form of genjutsu. Learning how to recognize and tolerate genjutsu, as well as how to break out of it, is a very important skill,"
he said.

"Do you already know how to utilize kai to release yourself from genjutsu? If not, I can instruct you in this. Otherwise, we will primarily spend today's lesson on how to recognize when you are under the influence of a genjutsu and what you can do to mitigate it if it is too powerful to break out of,"
Dai Ri said.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 20, 2023 11:53:09 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl would receive her answer she’d greet the older gentlemen with a smile. "As expected, with Lady Shuka's governance and your methods of information extraction Yuki no Kuni will be a safer place in no time at all.” the girl would say after a short while the two of them would be taken into another room where Jun would be informed on what they’re subject of education would be genjutsu as she figured. She was told that genjutsu was something that was often used in interrogations in torture she had a few rudimentary techniques herself but had somewhat wondered if it were possible too learn a few more for just such a scenario.
[break][break]
As she pondered her words however she would then be asked if she had access to the Kai technique, she would remark with a nod of the head. "I do sir.” she would reply rather shortly. He would then go on to explain the point of how it can be used and how they were planning on applying it to today’s lesson in terms of attempting to break out of genjutsu.
[break][break]
"I’m told genjutsu is relatively powerful in nature, I have a few rudimentary techniques myself.” the girl would state aloud. "Thought I've never really seen its effects on anyone other than my opponents?”the girl had always wondered how it felt to be afflicted by them and was curious to know more on how the process in of itself worked and with such a controlled environment she'd be free to experiment all she liked. But was a little nervous about potential lasting after effects. "Is it true that genjutsu can have long term effects on the victim?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]262 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 20, 2023 12:32:25 GMT -5
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 20, 2023 23:08:23 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
L
ong-term effects were an interesting discussion point when it came to genjutsu. The subject of much speculation, myth, and frightened whisper. Genjutsu was a mysterious art to many, a web of chakra trickery that influenced the unguarded mind.

"On the most literal level, no,"
he answered. "Genjutsu techniques cannot linger with an individual in the long-term unless their caster remains close. Theoretically you could keep someone ensnared with some manner of genjutsu perpetually if you remained close enough and the chakra cost was low enough. When put into practice, though, many genjutsu are traumatizing. Some of the most advanced ones put individuals through sensory experiences that cause a great amount of stress. Sometimes these memories can remain with an individual and cause them turmoil after experiencing them. Genjutsu is a frightful school when in the right hands. It tricks the mind into experiencing the false as if it is real, so the traumas that can be left behind can also be very real."

Dai Ri raised his hands to a level Jun could observe and formed two hand seals. Lacing the visual cue with chakra that could then be perceived by Jun, if she watched the hand seals the genjutsu would take effect.

All around the room, what had seemed like random patterns before would suddenly begin to appear like faces. The wood grain of Dai Ri's desk would appear like unsettling staring eyes, there would be frightful faces in the stacks of paper on his desk. All around, a paranoia-inducing experience. Dai Ri would wait to see how she reacted.

NAME: Men Dokomo [Faces Everywhere]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 2
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:

A simple Genjutsu activated visually by perceiving the user form the handseals. Upon completion and being caught, the target will ostensibly begin to see an exaggerated form of Pareidolia: seeing unnerving and staring faces in whatever the target sees, to truly bring paranoia to them.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 20, 2023 23:58:26 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]He would answer her question with a flat…no, which seemingly sucked the wind out of the girls sails however it was his explanation that proved to recapture her attention. However it would seem her word choice might’ve been a bit poor which upset her, she wanted to correct herself but regardless would still get the answer she was looking for. "Trauma, yes that was what I was referring too, wether or not a properly inflicted genjutsu could cause such effects and by the sounds of it, it would seem that way.” however as she said this Dai Ri would begin to raise his hands seemingly crafting some form of jutsu.
[break][break]
The girl would watch his hands and after a moment she would begin to witness contortions of the walls and even Dai Ri’s desk crafting hideous faces that seemingly came from nowhere but despite realizing the absurdity of the technique it kept a hold on her mind and caused her heartbeat to race and made her anxious, she wondered if it could get any worse.
[break][break]
The young white haired girl did her best not to show how shaken she actually was even if it was obvious as she clutched the side of her chair and did her best not to move or squirm in her seat, in a genuine scenario this would more than likely be her downfall. "S-so this is what it feels like…” the girl would think to herself as the faces seemingly propped up just about everywhere. Had there been a mirror in the room she can only imagine how much worse it could’ve been. "S-should I attempt to Kai out of this...o-or is there a point to your demonstration sir?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]265 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 20, 2023 23:58:46 GMT -5
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 21, 2023 0:32:16 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
S
ure enough, Jun observed the hand seals and began to experience the unsettling effects of the jutsu. It appeared to unsettle her, which wasn't surprising. That was its purpose after all. Genjutsu was disorienting and shinobi who had never fallen under the effects of one before could often find themselves unprepared for how it would feel. Deeper than the sensations created by the genjutsu was the discomfort that came with being unable to trust one's own senses. To lose command of one's own eyes was an unsettling thing.

"Remain in the jutsu for now. We're going to go over some ways to recognize a genjutsu and what you can do to try to tolerate their effects. The number one indication of falling under a genjutsu is a spontaneous sensory experience. If you suddenly begin to experience new visual hallucinations, persistent or loud sounds, or strange physical sensations, there is a large chance a genjutsu is affecting you. Remain aware, because they could still be indicative of other problems, such as being poisoned, but those are usually your first indicators," he said.

"Now, could you describe to me what you're experiencing right now?" He asked. He had a good idea, but the effect would be ever so slightly different to every individual afflicted with it. Knowing exactly how she was perceiving it would be important to how he discussed what came next.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 23, 2023 0:38:26 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As her instructor continued to speak, Jun would find herself becoming more and more unsettled as time went on, the faces were becoming more and more unnatural as they continued to take shape her mind was playing tricks on her and as he spoke she found it somewhat difficult to focus she even attempted to try and use some of his tricks in order to try and stave it off but everywhere she looked she would once again be taunted by these chakra induced apparitions.
[break][break]
As her instructor spoke he would ask her too endure it for the time being and so she would, he would speak on the manner of what genjutsu does to a person making them feel unable to trust in their own senses that feeling of disorientation in battle is rather paramount and would be excellent for attempting to try and capture or torture a specific enemy. He would also indicate what some of the signs of being under a genjutsu may entail, strange sensations or abnormalities but also warned that these things could also be signs of poison so that she’d need to remain aware even while under it’s effects. "By that logic, W-what would you say i-is the fastest way to identify a genjutsu...?"
[break][break]
The girl would say however rather than receive an answer she would be asked to describe what she saw, perhaps there was a reason for this. "Faces, sir, they’re everywhere coming from every crevice and crack in the wall I can’t seem to pull myself away from it, despite my awareness that all of it is fictitious.” a particularly ghastly face would reveal itself from being on the ground causing her fidgeting to continue, only for her to shut her eyes and take a deep breath to try and steel herself, to little avail with the nature of genjutsu it would seem normal resistance methods were futile.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]281 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 23, 2023 0:42:19 GMT -5
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 23, 2023 1:20:32 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
H
er reaction to it seemed to be slightly more severe than average, though not by much. It must've been because of her relative lack of exposure to genjutsu, or perhaps Dai Ri had just been slightly too zealous with his application of chakra. In either case, he nodded at her answer. It seemed that this was causing her significant distress, given that she closed her eyes to try to escape from it. He would try to ease her anxieties soon enough.

"The fastest way to identify a genjutsu is if you received direct, sudden stimulus and it was followed by another spontaneous stimuli. Say you hear the sound of a ringing bell and there are suddenly voices around you, or you hear your opponent say a nonsense phrase and then suddenly experience skin itching. Some genjutsu will be very subtle in their implementation, so you will not always be able to utilize this against a seasoned genjutsu expert, but for more common genjutsu you will encounter this is a very reliable method of identification," he explained.

"Of course, identification is only half the battle. Just because you're aware it is a genjutsu does not stop it from being distressing, as I am certain you have realized. There are escape methods, naturally. Utilizing kai or injuring yourself are the only two ways to break yourself out of a genjutsu. Sometimes, however, these are not options. In this case, trying to figure out how to live with the new perception is the most important thing. In order to do that, you must identify the rule of the genjutsu you are under. Every genjutsu has a rule that it follows. Can you guess what this one's is?"

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 24, 2023 0:11:42 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl kept her eyes closed she’d listed to her instructor speak explaining how to identify a genjutsu direct and sudden stimulus, followed by another stimuli. She understood this as she heard it since she has used genjutsu on others before studying it in school during her time in the academy, he’d choose to describe a new facet stating new methods of breaking it down with this more logical understanding the youth would open her eyes again having come to her senses and looking about the genjutsu.
[break][break]
"From what I understand this genjutsu effects my vision, But what was the trigger…?” she'd think as her sensei continued he would speak about how just because one is aware doesn’t mean that the genjutsu stops being effective, something she understood after having been placed in the genjutsu now with the time to think she'd attempt to break everything down.
[break][break]
He would also remark that pain or Kai was the only way to break out of it which she also knew from her studies in the academy, having learned the hard way as a child. He would then also denote that each genjutsu had a certain set of rules much like how the one genjutsu that she had known was triggered by looking to her handseal which made something click. "Of course, it was the handseal.” she’d think. However before she could make her attempt to try and break the genjutsu it would seem he had more to say.
[break][break]
As she listed to what he had to say she would attempt to answer his question. "Is it because the rules determine the makeup of the genjutsu?” she’d say not entirely sure if she was correct. After putting in her attempt she'd keep her hand seal together. "May I?” the girl was focused on getting the right answer but was still eager to learn more but think that he was leading her here to get her to figure out how to break out of the genjutsu but made sure to ask just in case she was wrong.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]356 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 24, 2023 0:18:41 GMT -5
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 24, 2023 1:18:05 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 3
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
S
he correctly guessed the trigger, though that was not quite what the man was getting at. He nodded regardless, wanting to encourage her.

"That is how I initiated the genjutsu. It is often the case that the kind of stimulation you receive might directly relate to the effect. Visual genjutsu often have visual components, audio genjutsu often have aural components. However, I meant more the rule of this genjutsu specifically... It is causing you to see patterns as faces. How do we counteract that? You discovered one way - closing your eyes, naturally, at least mitigates most of the effect. However, that wouldn't be very practical on the battlefield. What might be more practical? Looking at something that is already a face. Consider it for a moment - if you concentrate directly on my own eyes, there is nothing for your mind to misinterpret as a face, as you're already seeing one," Dai Ri explained.

A similar methodology went for many jutsu. If one was disoriented by a jutsu which flipped their vision, recognizing that they needed to move in an opposite manner could help them regain their footing.

"Some genjutsu will be applied by too powerful a user, or be too strong, to break out of yourself. In those instances, pain is the best way to overwhelm your senses and force your mind to retake command, pushing the offending chakra out. Still, even then, at times the pain won't be enough to overcome a very powerful genjutsu. In these instances, you need to be able to define the rule of the genjutsu, and determine how you can shift your focus to tolerate its effects."

has written 436 posts
Torturer's assistant #3 [M]Feb 24, 2023 22:33:51 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl was given the nod to break her genjutsu she did so by activating Kai and soon everything would return to normalcy the faces having been gone but the experience still present. He would explain that, the manner in which he initiated the genjutsu was indeed what Jun surmised but began to explain the various components of genjutsu, which she understood but then he began to ask her how would you counteract something like that, her methods worked correctly here but clearly wouldn’t work on a battlefield.
[break][break]
His answer to resolve the issue would be to focus on the one thing that something that can keep them bound to the fight. "So your saying that I should find something to tether myself to reality, but what about something auditory?” the girl was curious as to his answer on that particular front since sound is hard to refocus on and with enough potency could damage one's vestibular sense damaging their sense of balance. "Perhaps I can focus on something in my own head make up a cadence or a melody that breaks my concentration away from the affliction and more so keeps me geared towards my opponent…”
[break][break]
With these thoughts in mind the young silver haired girl would begin to understand the true nature of genjutsu, it was disruptive, disorienting a clear means to discombobulate the enemy, making it a reliable tool to use both in battle and as an instrument of torture it was almost artistic in nature. "Please continue sir, I’m fascinated by your lesson, there's far more to genjutsu then meets the eye.” she would say eagerly awaiting more of his lecture, removing her notebook to take notes as he spoke almost uncertain if she could hold in all of this information.
[break][break]
As she listened to his words she’d be met with a grim reality however that some genjutsu were just to powerful to escape from and that pain would be one of the only ways to break from the trapping that she found herself in. This made the girl take pause, since the idea of needing to injure one's self to exit an illusion sounded debilitating. As she found out however pain flushed out the negative chakra by forcing the body to react to the stimuli. And while she understood that for the most part there was still something that seemed left unanswered, she'd wait for a pause to speak.
[break][break]
"But sir, how do I know how much pain is enough to release me from the genjutsu? And what do I do, if I have a partner and they are trapped as well?" To answer her questions he would state that in such situations she would need to understand the rule of genjutsu to determine how she can deal with such powerful abilities using adaptability.
[break][break]
"So I would need to not only identify the genjutsu itself based on how it affects me, but I must also discern the rule of the ability in order to successfully adapt to its effects?" she was starting to get a handle on Dai Ri's concept of the rules of genjutsu but there was still one more thing she would need confirmation about. "And Is it safe to assume that higher level genjutsu have the ability to effect multiple senses at that point how would I go about distinguishing something like that? And is does that mean I'd need to injure my partner as well?” it was an interesting subject but left the girl with quite a few questions she'd scribble down whatever he could tell her looking to him and tapping her pen against her notebook.
[brea][break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]391 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 24, 2023 22:45:59 GMT -5