compose a reply
& up, take two | atagi Feb 27, 2023 1:47:09 GMT -5
takeda sadako
I'LL STOP WHEN THEY FIND A WAY TO MAKE ME
takeda sadako Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday february 18 rank genin occupation genin

KILLING YOUR IDOLS IS A CHORE

Her first attempt at getting a stupid boy to buy her a drink had failed. Miserably. The problem, Sadako thought, was that the stupid boy she recruited to help her was just too stupid—like, who didn’t know that fruits had sugar in them? That kid was just barely scraping himself out of the primordial ooze. Solution: find someone… not necessarily smarter, but a little bit older, maybe, and more likely to understand what she wanted.

It took a few nights of casually bypassing Kuwana’s bars, but eventually she found her mark: a tall, slim red-headed guy from Kusagakure, who looked just head-empty enough to be willing to work with her on this.

"Yo,” she called, tapping his elbow as she strode up next to the guy. She was trying a different approach this time—a little more friendly at the outset, maybe it would get her somewhere. Her face didn’t lend itself to pleasant smiles, but she tried to make herself seem not actively hostile. It sort of worked. "Do me a favor? I just want to get a drink, but they keep kicking me out, saying I look too young.” She rolled her eyes, tossed her hair. "I told ‘em I’m eighteen, but they don’t care. I’ll buy if you fly.” Pulling some money out, she pressed it into the guys hands, completely unwilling to take no for an answer. "Nothing with sugar, year?”

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 151 posts
& up, take two | atagi Feb 28, 2023 21:58:13 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 29th rank Genin occupation
Wisdom ends in a blackout

”Huh?” The red-topped shinobi known as Atagi Uzumaki turns his head, not quite sharply but not dully either, the human equivalent of a pillow taped to a table's corner. Having started off the first half of the day with some workout or training, he's adorned in (what must be only one of, like, a dozen) red tracksuits. He doesn't pull away his arm immediately upon his elbow being touched, but turns to face her instead of instantly inclining his head. Even as she's speaking, marigold irises visibly move over her form pinging from one interesting thing about the girl in front of him to another. Despite it being the action of a nervous person, based on body language he seems decently composed, lips pushed slightly outward as if preparing to drink from a straw.

Any image of a calculating, peaceful individual is immediately smashed to smithereens by the crowbar of Atagi's exuberance, however, flashing her a toothy grin and giving a slight raise of the brows. ”Kicking you out because-- pah, what nonsense, yeah? First of all, I mean, just lookit you.” A gesture resembling a finger gun towards Sadako, reaching out for one of her biceps, at first-- he's got the bare minimum sense of politeness to not poke her, but he gets close. It swings down to gesture towards her core, then down towards her legs. ”You've got the sorta body that's got 'I've been training for a decade and a half' all over it-- so unless you started your venture towards being a shinobi at age two, you easily check out.” A pause. There was a whole lot of assumption behind those words, but the candor of his voice and a certain sparkle in his eye said he had already decided on the truth...or at least, his version of it.

”And even if you are a tiny bit under, well. What idiotic sort of rule is that, anyway? Precocious preteen shinobi are slated to be risking life and limb in the not-so-far future-- I say let them get sloshed, if they wanna!” Inventing an injustice and railing against it all on his own, Atagi takes a moment to turn and shake a clenched fist (crumpling the bills) at the nearest tall building in sight, as if those within were supposed to somehow be responsible. There's a small, two-fingered salute when he turns back her way, then he's darting off into the bar.

What was he doing standing outside one in the first place, anyway? Bar crawling hardly seems like an appropriate pre-exam activity.

Whatever reason it was, he's either long forgotten it or no longer cares, with a new objective immediately presented. It takes a few minutes, most of which are spent insisting that no, he really doesn't want to try whatever the hell an 'Okada Brainbuster' is, no matter how awesome it sounds.

Returning outside, Atagi's callously tossing a glass full of auburn liquid up and down with one hand, two commandeered plastic glasses hanging from his other. It was evident quickly that he'd likely spent far more than the Ame-nin had given...but he could hold onto the rest of the whiskey and bring it home as a souvenir, he reasoned.

”Mission success, bahaha. Let's find a place to park awhile, yeah?” It appeared that the grass shinobi had mistaken the straightforward buy me a drink as an invitation to drink, instead.

()
aeron at thq
last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Feb 28, 2023 22:06:21 GMT -5
Knocker has written 328 posts

quick reply

compose a reply