Unexpected Auntie Audience (Miroru/Kizumi)

compose a reply
Unexpected Auntie Audience (Miroru/Kizumi)Mar 3, 2023 19:52:46 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 369 | notes
"AGAIN!"
The clash of steel on steel rang, rang, rang again, punctuating the training grounds with hardly unusual noise. If anything, the only strangeness was the odd shrill, nasal tone of the barked demand.

Within the training field in question, a pipsqueak of a redhaired kunoichi went at a much more composed... samurai fox..? Almost certainly a summon of some sort, clashing again and again, every new impact throwing the smaller fighter back a considerable distance, after which she rushed forwards again, streaking lightning behind her in much the same style as Raiippo as she charged in heedlessly again and again.
From the outside, it could easily be mistaken as childishly predictable attack patterns- but a sharper eye might be able to pick up that the training was, in fact, to BREAK those patterns. The speeds she hit on approach were truly admirable, but apparently more than she could handle with any reliability. Tunnel vision was almost surely the reason. And this? The experienced shinobi could likely suss out it was training to resist the urge to narrow one's focus, and read her opponent well enough to adjust her approach enough to avoid attacks on approach!

Three more clashes struck in short order, each seeing her flung backwards to approach again at that nigh uncontrollable speed- until she flopped, waving a hand wearily, heedless of the fresh, thin slice across the back of her hand, just scabbed over. "Seiji-sensei... mercy..! I need... a breather..! Mercy, sensei!" panted the redhead- apparently to some success, as the noble fox sheathed his blade. "Just a few minutes. You are improving, little kit, and I do not want to lose the progress we have. Take your rest for now. I will meditate." And so he did, folding down in place, sweeping his kimono out of the way expertly and with enormous dignity as he took a seat and closed his eyes, hands folded in his lap peacefully- leaving his student to collapse backwards and huff and puff at the fading exertion!
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
Unexpected Auntie Audience (Miroru/Kizumi)May 17, 2023 2:34:41 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

Kizumi liked to take laps around the training grounds, more out of idle curiosity than anything else. She tried to keep a low profile, not wanting to attract too much attention; the hat and robe of her station were left in her room, and when she was making the training ground rounds she wore only her own training gear, a basic getup of shorts, compression top, village headband, comical amount of weaponry.

If one of her kids was practicing something, she’d offer to help, but seeing all of these teens hard at work did something for the soul. Made her feel like… at least something worthwhile was coming out of these exams.

The girl and the anthropomorphic fox was definitely something new, though.

Summons were weird. She liked Pakkun and his gang, but had never really made a connection with any summon-contract animals herself.

Kizumi hopped up onto the fence, her feet dangling idly as she watched the girl charged at the fox again and again and again, lightning-quick and with impressive striking speed. Not quite out of control, but close enough to it.

She had her theories, but kept her peace.

The girl flopped down on the ground, huffing and puffing. Kizumi hopped off the fence and ambled over, pulling a flask off her hip.

Sniffed it. Made a face. Took a sip, and put it back.

Pulled a different flask off her hip—water this time—and offered it to the little redhead with a grin.

"Hell of a workout,” she said, crouching down beside the young teen. "He’s really putting you through it, huh? Whatcha workin' on?”

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 451 posts
Unexpected Auntie Audience (Miroru/Kizumi)May 19, 2023 12:13:04 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 258 | notes
The redhead peered up at the unfamiliar woman and her eyes popped wide at the offer of a drink. She sat up and took the flask as politely as she could, complete with a "Thank you, miss!" before chugging down several mouthfuls of water, throwing her head back after to let out a comically refreshed, over-blown sigh of relief. "Auhhhhh~! That's the stuff! You're a lifesaver, miss! Thank you! Seiji-sensei's been running me ragged trying to help me figure this out!" She flopped backwards, propped up on her hands still, explaining further. "I made up this new technique, and it's SUPER fast! Like, "whoa where'd she go" levels of fast. I sorta cobbled together two different techniques so I could speed myself up with the same jutsu that provides some oomph on delivery, but the problem is, it's... uh..." She coughed delicately.

"It's kinda TOO fast. I can MOVE that fast without a problem, but as you probably saw, it's super hard for me to react to anything at those speeds. So we're praticing to help me get used to it. I've got good reflexes- GREAT reflexes, if I do say so myself- but the issue is PERCEIVING what I need to avoid before I run face first into it. Thus me throwing myself at Seiji-sensei over and over until I figure out the trick to it!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
Unexpected Auntie Audience (Miroru/Kizumi)Jun 20, 2023 1:26:21 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

A HEART'S A HEAVY BURDEN

The girl’s enthusiasm was contagious. Kizumi settled in on the ground beside her, legs criss-crossed, chin propped up in her hand as she listened to her explanation of her little exercise.

"Very innovative,” Kizumi said, nodding briskly. "But your body’s moving too fast for your eyeballs to keep up, huh?”

She considered this for a moment, looking between Miroru and the stoic fox-man as she thought about what she had witnessed, the theory behind it. It wasn’t a bad plan, but it seemed to be missing something—this exercise worked only so long as the girl was running in a straight line towards one target, and didn’t take group dynamics into account. Battlefields were chaotic, and the more safely they could be simulated before shit hit the fan, the better.

"D’you want some extra help?” After digging around in one of her pockets for a second, she produced a handful of brightly-wrapped candies, jumbling them around in her hand like a pirate showing off a pile of shiny gold coins. "You’ve got the speed, you’ve got a target, you got a goal. If I throw some, uh… projectiles… into the mix, there’s an extra dimension of thing to try to be aware of. Then if you can dodge the candies reliably, bring up the intensity. Whatcha think?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 451 posts

quick reply

compose a reply