but the water is frozen [training | jun]

compose a reply
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Mar 7, 2023 7:11:07 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 12th, 1003 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2

Hinata was lagging behind, he was always lagging behind it seemed. In every aspect of his life, things did not always go as planned. Whether it was being taken away, strange tests to see if he could do better and 'progress' faster in the academy, or now as a genin, a close surveillance over his capabilities as they inched in their development. Perhaps it was his state of mind, a total detachment from reality, perhaps it something else entirely. One thing was certain, Hinata was not doing as well as his keepers, his constant surveyors would have liked.

Which was why he was here, staring at this maintained, heated pool. It was maintained for everyone to train on water as most water here froze so thickly that it would all be ice and snow. Even with Hinata's own proximity to it, little snowflakes formed on the water, only to melt away and disappear forever.

He let out a sigh, he had not yet even truly mastered tree walking yet, and yet here he was trying the next step. He hoped with his affinity for water and wind that perhaps the water would listen to him a little better than the thick trunk of a pine. If not, he would have to review his approach.

214 | | notes
ulla
Han has written 153 posts
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Mar 20, 2023 15:00:54 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]It had been a rather pleasant day within Yukigakure much like all days were within the village and on this Jun had found herself heading towards one of the indoor training areas in order to take another crack at working on her accuracy.
[break][break]
As she entered inside of the facility the girl would remove her coat placing it inside of a small closet that was open to the public before heading towards the training area.
[break][break]
The girl herself was wearing a simple set of clothing a purple and white gi with a pair of thermal body suit beneath it that covered her neck down to her feet. As she passed by the training area making her way towards the shooting ranges she'd spot a familiar head or red and white, which she immediately recognized.
[break][break]
"Hinata-san!” the girl would say a chipper and friendly tone in her voice as she giddily approached him from afar. She hadn’t seen in some time and was eager to catch up with him wondering just what it was that happened to him. "I was biggening to wonder that something might've happened to you?” the girl would say after finally getting close enough too him, a smile upon her face like always. "It's good to see you."
[break][break]
"My apologies I haven't come by to visit you the diplomacy corps has kept me busy, are you training something?” the girl would ask as she watched him standing before the heated water surface, the warmth of the water permeating the air beside them despite faint flickers of cold air coming from Hinata.
[break][break]
"Water walking I'd assume...?" she'd ask, placing her hands on her hips waiting for him to reply as she kept her amber colored eyes on her teammate.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]283 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Mar 20, 2023 15:02:04 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
but the water is frozen [training | jun]May 13, 2023 6:30:36 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata had closed his eyes, an explosion of color on the inside of his eyelids as he fantasized about anything but having to do this. The anxiety of the task was making him dysfunctional, but he knew he had to and he was focusing on the pool of chakra in his stomach, somewhere in his center where that same pool of anxiety seemed to mingle with the holy energy that he possessed. Holy, because shinobi were such unique beings, he recognized that, in himself as well. There was a divinity about it.

A voice familiar but one he had not heard in a while made him flinch, it was an inward flinch, it did not quite make it up to his shoulders and the tension that was already in his body was more than enough to make up for whatever tension seemed to arise from Jun's arrival.

Pale eyelashes fluttered open, and he turned slowly, stiffly to survey the girl he knew was coming.

"Something?" Hinata did disappear often, and for long periods of time. But he was not allowed to speak of it, he was sworn to secrecy in some manner.

The teen remained silent as Jun spoke, asking him if he was training before promptly answering her own question, not allowing Hinata even a moment to respond. He blinked once, a slow blink.

"Yes. Chakra control is not a strength of mine, though."

235 | | notes
ulla
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Jun 14, 2023 22:05:28 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As he turned to look to her saying "something." the girl would make her way towards him elaborating on her choice of words. "Well often times if someone vanishes without warning I tend to worry that they may have fallen ill, and I am happy to have been proven wrong." the girl would say smiling to the young boy as she approached him going to ask her questions about just what it was he studying only for him to denote that it was in fact water walking a chakra control exercise.
[break][break]
"Ahh excellent! While I may not be the upmost expert on chakra control. I did manage to gain knowledge of the water walking technique and would be happy to assist you with understand the finer points of its functionality." the white haired woman would wonder as she stepped towards him making her way towards the edge of the heated pool. "So tell me just what portion of the technique are you having trouble with? Is the practical application of walking or is it more so the the mechanical application of molding your chakra?" the girl would wonder as she awaited his answer.
[break][break]
The technique was one that even she had trouble with when she started learning but after mastering the technique she made certain to commit its function to memory and now she is able to use it at will with ease. "I understand that both aspects can be somewhat daunting but I'm confident with the proper understanding of the technique you'll be walking on water in but a moment!" the woman would say once again eager as the prospect of teaching someone seeing it as something of a test for herself.
[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]257 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 14, 2023 22:08:33 GMT -5
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Jun 23, 2023 18:51:24 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Falling ill was hardly ever the young man's issue, it was his status within the military. Clouded, obscured in frosted glass windows, impossible to see through. He knew what was happening, his keepers knew, and he had a feeling that the Lady of Yukigakure knew. There was not really a feeling, it was a certainty that she knew and just as any other family member did not stop what was happening.

Hinata responded to Jun's approach with another slow blink, not because he was having a hard time processing but because he always felt overwhelmed with her jargon and approaches to things. It was strange to be in the presence of such an excitable person.

The dual-haired boy looked towards the water that was swirling quietly in the pool. In truth he was not so sure as to what his issue was. So, he stared for a little while longer contemplating how to respond. In the end, he just shrugged and shook his head.

"If I knew what I was having an issue with, I don't think I would have an issue in truth. Perhaps I should demonstrate first?" It was not the best approach, but it was the only one he could provide in the moment.
207 | | notes
ulla
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Jun 23, 2023 19:37:05 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Hinata had stated that if he knew what he was having an issue with he would have already had a plan for it, which was true and Jun did understand that, he would offer to demonstrate and Jun would nod too him and observe wanting to see his form and technique. "Yes but of course, go ahead and begin and I shall if I shall attempt to ascertain whatever flaws you may have based on whatever imperfections I may see in your performance."
[break][break]
The girl would say as she waited and watched him, she had an eager look on her face much like always curious to see just how he may function in this particular environment. "Just make certain that you keep your chakra in balance, try not to spread too thin or too over exert it."
[break][break]
From that point the girl would keep her eyes locked on him watching his form and trying to detect any possible slip ups. "Oh what I wouldn't give for the ability to sense chakra..." the girl would think to herself as she kept her focus on the young man keeping herself at the edge of the water and trying to give him an encouraging smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I failed countless times before grasping this technique myself." the girl would say in an attempt to try and make him not feel so bad should he fall in the water.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]214 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 23, 2023 19:41:17 GMT -5
but the water is frozen [training | jun]Jun 25, 2023 10:12:38 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata was used to this kind of scrutiny from others, being pushed to do things even if it was at the expense of his own humiliation which he believed was about to occur. But truly humiliation and such feelings were rarely voiced if ever, they were suppressed because he knew better than to think of himself as more than a unit to serve the village or those above him. Jun was not technically above him, but she had a way of speaking that reminded him of those people that kept him locked up. She would ascertain his flaws, to see imperfections so that he could improve as the unit that he was made to be.

A unit of service and servitude.

So he nodded quietly and focused his chakra. Chakra control was not his strength, but he could at least get it in the right parts when he was performing techniques. He performed the ram seal to help focus the chakra from his core towards the bottom of his feet trying to create a gel like layer there.

Though every time Jun spoke again, he found himself having to restart the process. His jaw tightened momentarily as he felt himself prickle with emotion - frustration he realized, because he had to keep starting over his focusing process listening to Jun speak.

Finally when she would grow silent he would let out an exhale and slowly but surely step up and out onto the swirling pools surface. The water meant to mimic a semi-natural water source with its movement. As he stepped out, there was an immediate issue. He was not sinking to the bottom, but rather his feet were in the water just to the ankle but otherwise being held aloft by his own chakra focus.
295 | | notes
ulla