Bench Banter [Chiyo]

compose a reply
Bench Banter [Chiyo]May 4, 2023 17:08:12 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

Momo often had a hard time being taken seriously. Her medicine often made her look drowsy which wasn't the most professional state. She also due to her anger issues had much less social time than most. She was a very timid person and that was often a trait mistaken for weakness. She hid her strengths for a good reason, as to protect those who might get caught in the crossfire of her enraged state. This meant though she'd be less likely tasked with jobs than other shinobi if available.

Her goals were hindered by this fact, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to talk her way into more work. She also had to slightly thank the scenario for her own stresses sake. Every task especially with another was a chance things could go wrong. She just knew though she needed the experience, so it was a disappointing truth. She had to monopolize on the free time, so she'd often rent out medical books. To expand her knowledge.

They were always such big books though and the cataloging of information was often a mess. She understood the information was sort of always expanding, but it made reading them hard and often boring. Re-reading some passages four times just to relate them to newer passages going back to an almost unmentioned topic. The day seemed to pass quickly, but she hardly noticed time pass. She was sucked into her book, a bit purposely as she'd sat herself on a bench outside of the library. Exposing herself to people and possible interaction, but mostly avoiding any by seeming so busy in her reading.

The past time and steady rain soothed even the goats soul. Her medicine also played a big part, but all the relaxation quickly lead to the chuunin's eyes shutting. She'd sleep with slightly uneasy breathes, her body struggling with a proper rem or rest. As her body still needed to process her medicine and thus give her an unnatural rest. The book open in her lap, she'd momentarily awake and see the text. Trail her eyes across the sentence she thinks she left, before fluttering back into a state of sleep.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.
Notes go here wheee and you can get as long or as short as you want because it doesn't matter. And do you wanna know why that is? Is it because you think this scrolls? Well you'd be right. It does scroll. Pat yourself on the back my good man. You are smart. Smart little man.

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Yoshiko has written 77 posts
Bench Banter [Chiyo]May 4, 2023 17:35:09 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Your power is your own - no one can take it from you!
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday July, 4th rank Academy Student occupation Wannabe Samurai!
Chiyo was coming home, alone.

She was walking from the Araikettei residence, where her parents worked. Having just been helping them out so they could come home with her earlier. Unfortunately, their masters just found more urgent work around the house for them to do. And so, the poor girl had to go back alone. The little samurai carried an orange, bright umbrella above her head, a big one. One she brought so that the three of them could walk back together, underneath one. Instead, there was just her.

The rain was oddly fitting to Chiyo's mood. Parents would be home late today. She'd need to do her lessons for tomorrow, cook dinner for them, and probably go to sleep before they'd return. For once, she just wanted a comely family evening. But those Araikettei were in the way. Again. She clenched her fist around the handle of her umbrella. One day, she'd be a famous shinobi, and her salary alone would allow supporting the entire family! But that day was far away. Chiyo was just an academy student, for now.

As she passed by the library, the girl's depressive and angry thoughts were blown away, as she noticed a strange girl sitting on the bench. With a book in front of her. It was fortunate that the bench was built with Amegakure in mind, and was safe from the rain! Was she alright? Chiyo approached, a look of idle worry on her face. For a moment, she observed the stranger, and noticed that she was indeed breathing. Then, her small hand reached out to pat the girl on the shoulder.

"Hey..." - Chiyo hummed, to no avail. "Heeeeey... Wake up! Wake up! Before you get cold... Well... colder!"

She tried to shake the horned girl awake!
last edit by Jinjōi Chiyo on May 5, 2023 8:52:07 GMT -5
0bsu! has written 148 posts
Bench Banter [Chiyo]May 28, 2023 14:19:58 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

An academy student would be the first to take interest in the sleeping goat. She'd usually be left undisturbed due to her horns and natural oddities. That unusual fear that the unknown was contagious. Used to it she was almost at home in her own mental solitude, despite there being hundred who'd pass and even more to pass.

Relentless was the rhythm of rain and the ruckus of people through the city island. It'd make it all the harder to hear even the younger girl who'd be right at Momo's side. Shaking the chuunin was a bit of a risky move, but in her almost comatose state it was quite safe. Clearly her medication had been either a bit off in dosage or some other factor changed the metabolization.

It might of been the cold, a thought that'd come to the sleepy shinobi's mind. As she'd stir to slight awareness, her eyes half open looking to the child. Asking or commanding something of the older Amegakure residence. "Colder? I guess.." She'd take a deep breath through her nose, before quietly adding. "... the cold is helping..." She'd state slightly smacking her lips, then closing her eyes as she'd attempt to drift back into sleep.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.
Notes go here wheee and you can get as long or as short as you want because it doesn't matter. And do you wanna know why that is? Is it because you think this scrolls? Well you'd be right. It does scroll. Pat yourself on the back my good man. You are smart. Smart little man.

Bench Banter [Chiyo]Sept 19, 2023 14:53:35 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday July, 4th rank Academy Student occupation Wannabe Samurai!
'Such a strange person!'

Chiyo thought to herself, as she felt the stranger drift off to sleeping again. Amazing how one could sleep in a public space like that! And she had horns too! The girl tentatively reached to feel if they were real or not, but stopped a few inches away, pulling her hand back. It would be rude to feel a stranger that way, after all! 

Still, she couldn't just leave her there, could she? The cold was helping? With what? 

"Are you unwell? Or inebriated?" - Chiyo started to state possible reasons for such a reaction. Even bringing herself closer to sniff the air and see if there were any scents of foreign substances in the air. Having felt none, and possibly having failed to shake the woman awake, she was left with a dilemma. Go about her business... or trying to be a well-intentioned busybody. 

Sighing, Chiyo sat on the bench next to the girl. Reaching into the bag she carried over her shoulder, she pulled out the fancy kimono that she had as a uniform, back in the Araikettei residence. When unfolded, it covered a big enough area. It could be used as a blanket, of sorts. She'd cover Momo with it, and sit next to her. Hoping that she would, eventually, wake up. 

'Waste of time, probably... I should just go...'

A stray thought. But then again... It's not like anyone was waiting back home. Putting an umbrella above to cover both of them, Chiyo settled with just sitting there, and watching the rain, waiting for the horned stranger to wake up.
Bench Banter [Chiyo]Sept 23, 2023 15:05:53 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Momo who'd been reading a medical book prior to basically dozing off, would have her thoughts drift to the hospital. Despite the question coming from none of her colleagues, it being about inebriation or sickness helped the theme sink. She'd see herself as if half awake, standing before some unknown doctor. Asking her as a volunteer nurse. "No, I'm professional... Jurehghh..." In her mind she'd follow up her professionalism with just resting her eyes.

Instead her subconscious thoughts stopped piercing too the conscious world. She was back to being a sleep and the scene in her head sort of silenced and passed on. Due to her medicine and the steady rain, it was easy for her head to just fade the dream to black. A very peaceful setting and one she could enjoy. Even if it had an eerie sensation of cold to the atmosphere. Sometimes it was just best to sleep off the weariness.

Then a new aspect was added. A kimono was placed atop her lap, as to provide warmth and comfort her tired self. It'd have that effect at first, a subtle sense of warmth. A feeling she tied to compassion and caring, to people who're close or family. Brought her back to a time of youth. The very fabric was soft and delicate fit for a woman's body, her dream shifted to her youth. To when her thoughts were simple and empty. Embracing her mother's Kimono, as she'd lay against her beneath the peach tree in the sparce sun. It couldn't be sunny though, she'd hear the rain.

'Momma why is it raining?' The toddler goat would ask her mother, but with no reply opening her eyes. She'd look up from the base of her mother to her neck. There was nothing after though, it was a headless body. Immediately she'd look away and see the blood on her hands.

Shock of her nightmare finally jolted the goat awake, she'd hop to her feet dropping the book to the ground. Her hands clenching the poor academy students kimono. Not only that, but upon waking under their umbrella. Her horns would of definitely thrust up into the umbrella. Either pulling it from the academy student or their weight yanking the chunnin a bit down. Momo had a woke with a clear and almost violent gasp. Her face immediately flushed into a panic sweat.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

Bench Banter [Chiyo]Sept 25, 2023 15:41:20 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Chiyo sat there, watching the rain form the puddles on the concrete pavement. Periodically checking on the weird sleeping girl. She seemed at peace, for the most part. Except from time to time, a shadow crossed the goat-person's features. Like she was seeing something bad. The more it went on, the darker the shadows were turning. It was making the academy student worried. 'Maybe it'd be better if I woke her up...' - she thought, and reached out to push the girl's shoulder again.

"Hey... Heeeeey... EEEK!"

The involuntary gasp came out when the woman jolted upwards with a violent gasp. The book went flying and the unmistakable sound of something being torn rang through Chiyo's ears. Her eyes became wide as plates, not because of the gasp, but because of the tearing sound. 'Please, not the kimono, not the kimono...' - she thought to herself, trying to turn the flabbergasted stranger towards her. To Chiyo's relief, the kimono was crumpled, but not torn. To her upsettedness, there were now two horns poking out of her orange umbrella.

"Dammit! My umbrella!" - a pouty exclamation came out. She wanted to approach and pull the umbrella off of those horns, but stopped, seeing that the stranger lady was still in a state of shock. Her chest rising and falling, sweating and looking most panicked. It was what stopped Chiyo from yelling at Momo for what happened to the umbrella. Matters of common decency were at stake. So, the girl's expression softened a bit, and she asked:

"Nevermind... Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."
Bench Banter [Chiyo]Oct 13, 2023 16:50:50 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Her eyes darted around in her shocked confusion, she'd squint momentarily as tears filled her eyes. However her mother was nowhere to be seen, her book was on the wet ground. Her head felt like it was stuck on something and there was a strange little dress in her hands. It'd be then she'd hear the voice of the academy student, as the further sounds of Amegakure's busy streets and rain faded away with her minds focus.

She'd close her eyes quickly raising one arm, as she'd keep the dress safe in the other. She'd wipe away the sudden tears and give a slightly stuffy inhale from her nose. Trying to hide her misery before looking over to face the person talking to her. As her head moved she'd feel a foreign force against her shoulder. The handle of the umbrella. The word Umbrella being recently spoken, as her eyes looked up to the ripped canopy above her. It was all her fault. Again.

To her dismay as though to make everything worst, it was a child whose umbrella she broke. Whose dress she was rudely grasping, so without delay she'd reach out to return the dress. The question from the child making her feel all the worst though, as they'd seem worried for Momo. The chuunin who should be able to take care of herself, she'd try to force a polite smile. However she couldn't keep the quivering from her lips, as the embarrassment, shame and her own broken heart flooded her.

"Yu-uh... *sniff*, eh-eh, I-I'm fi-fi-ine... You don't have to worry about me." She state in a broken attempt to try to make the kid not worry. As she'd realize that her heart rate was raising and she didn't know even what time it was, she wasn't fine or maybe this child wasn't fine. "I'm sorry." She spoke painfully as she'd cry, her head attempting to slump when the handle of the umbrella stopped her.

Pulling herself from the umbrella it was clearly a beyond lost cause. "I-I... Can get you a new umbrella..." Momo would state with her head lowered attempting to hide her eyes behind her bangs. As she'd put the broken umbrella down and finally take the book from the ground. It's hard cover was thankfully thick enough the book didn't seem soaked, but it still left even more shame on her name. On her father's name. On her mother's name.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

Bench Banter [Chiyo]Oct 16, 2023 13:14:08 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Chiyo felt bad.

She was never a cruel child. And right now, she felt sorry for her own umbrella, and for the person who broke it. The lady was older than her, probably a young adult. Yet, the shivering, stuttering, and being on the verge of tears made her look like a first-year academy student, who had been taken away from parents for the first time. Such a strange association, and probably a bit indignant, had Momo known of it. And yet... it behooved Chiyo to try and act like the strong adult person. 

She reached out to the girl, and stood on her toetips, to give her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. 

"It's alright. Sounds like you're having a rough time!"

Chiyo looked at the umbrella and flinched a bit. Yeah, that wasn't very salvageable. Or, at least, it was not an easy fix. Some of the ribs and stretchers were bent out of shape, not to mention the two gaping holes left by the horns. It would require... some work. At least mom and dad won't be mad if I ruined an umbrella helping a stranger...

Taking the dress she used to cover the girl with and putting it back in the backpack, she instead pulled out a small sowing kit. There was not much in it - some string, a needle, and a finger guard. She carried it around in case she needed her kimono or haori stitched, which was often damaged during her training at the academy. The string was black and would be seen on orange fabric, but it would hold till home.

Chiyo sat on the bench, placing the folded umbrella on her knees, after shaking off the water it accumulated so far.

"I'll try and fix it. Neither of us would be going anywhere without an umbrella." - the girl looked up. Rains were frequent in Ame, and this one didn't promise to stop any time soon. "My name's Chiyo. What's yours? Why are you sitting alone in the rain? Clansfolk aren't homeless." 
Bench Banter [Chiyo]Mar 6, 2024 15:41:13 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

There wasn't a moment passing the goat didn't feel her presence wasn't an overwhelming shame. So much to disdain in the moment, at least from her perspective. She sort of wanted to think on what her head had last been on. It wasn't turf she'd tread with this stranger, an academy student no less. So embarrassing, she'd think to herself, before taking a deep breath and plopping back down on the bench.

It'd sort of make sense to not run through the rain, but it also wasn't something the Takehara concerned herself over. The well being of others and perhaps even their valuables outweighed her personal health. "Eh, are you sure? I've run in the rain plenty, I-I really don't mind..." Momo would state in a relatively genuine tone, but it was more her want to runaway from the awkwardness of what happened. Make right what she'd just wronged.

"I'm Takehara Momo, I was reading this book here, because I like it here." Momo would admit bashfully, she'd feel a sort of judgement in these questions. She'd known of her wrongs and this judgment didn't feel justified. Her own defense plea forming in a momentary rush of anxiety. "I'm more alone at home then a public bench anyways." She'd cross her arms physically closing herself off in the moment. Her mind slowly drawing a path to the nearest shops that'd have an umbrella.

Her mind taking a moment to think on the moment, she'd awkwardly add. "It's nice to meet you, I wish I'd done so without damaging your property. I'm so sorry."

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

Bench Banter [Chiyo]Mar 21, 2024 0:10:04 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
'She is a very sad person, isn't she?'

Chiyo thought to herself, as she slowly stitched the holes made in her umbrella, placing careful and sturdy stitches that bound both sides together. 'Truly, master was right... Being a clan-person sucks. Not only they're limited in their direction, but it sounds as though their family is not a family at all! Who feels alone in one's own home... Pft.' - all kinds of indignant thoughts ran through her head. None of them were pointed to this girl though. She was a victim of circumstances. Didn't really ask to be born in a clan, did she?

"Sounds like you need a friend."

The girl breathed out, as she finished with one hole, and started working on stitching another. This girl had two horns, after all.

"I can be your friend if you'd like. You don't seem like a bad person. Just timid and down on your luck."

Chiyo spoke plainly, as if she was the adult one here and not a child consoling a much older person. It was easy to step up, though. Her new friend-to-be seemed like a very meek person. Which filled Chiyo with a feeling of duty to guide and protect. And be an older sis, of sorts, even though she'd never been one. Finishing fixing the umbrella, she would pass it to Momo, handle-first.

"If you don't like being in your own home, maybe we can go to mine? Do you like reading about samurai? I can show you my comic collection!"

She grinned. It was a perfect plan. Someone to gush about samurai to, maybe even find a fellow fan! And besides... 

'It's pretty lonely back at my home too...'