Brutal Truths

compose a reply
Brutal TruthsMay 8, 2023 2:33:30 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Brutal Truths

Azarea made her way once more down to the medical section of the stadium. Konsho had been rushed to the intensive ward no doubt to ensure he didn't lose more blood, but Miroru had likely been patched up in the main area. The girl's wounds just as deep and awful, but not something that could be simply treated with medical ninjutsu. As pausing in the doorway Azarea looked upon her imouto's dusty shock of orange hair with a sad frown. Change was in the air and like any growing pains the next few days would be undoubtedly painful for the girl as Miroru came to understand the brutal truth of the exams.

The organizers didn't lie when they said the exams were meant to foster cooperation and friendship among the nations. Genin were encouraged to mingle and get to know their fellow candidates and make bonds that would hopefully last a life time. Then they were placed within a ring and the true test began. A test to see if when ordered to fight their friends by their village if they would refuse, fight, or find a compromise. It was a harsh lesson.

Moving towards Miroru Azarea approached slowly ensuring the girl saw her coming as she settled down on the cot next to the dusty, dirty, blood splattered girl. Then slowly she held her arms out in a silent offer of a hug. Giving Miroru the choice to lean in or refuse depending on what the little Uchiha needed in that moment. "Hey Imouto. How you feeling?" Azarea murmured her voice low, comforting, and calm as she offers the girl a small smile.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Brutal TruthsMay 8, 2023 3:48:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 210 | notes
"I don't understand."

Miroru leaned in when Azarea offered her the hug, but didnt move to hug the older redhead. She'd been sitting stock still, burn dressings on one arm and the opposite hand, staring into middle distance when Azarea arrived. It hadn't even been Miroru that noticed she was there- it was the tiny fox in her lap with its blank ANBU mask.

"He saw me wipe out all four of our summons with the watered down version of that jutsu. He saw what it was doing to the earth around me, he even called it out. And he just..."

Miroru trailed off. Baffled. Guilty. And, honestly, still angry.

"... he didn't respect me enough to treat me like a real threat. I gave him all the pieces to see that he needed to, and instead he just... went on and on about everything I was doing wrong."

Another moment of silence.

"I think I messed up, onee-san." Her voice was small now. So small. "He didn't deserve that. But I was so angry.

... I thought he'd move."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Brutal TruthsMay 8, 2023 4:08:15 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Stories

Gently Azarea wraps her arms about Miroru mindful of the other girl's burns as she embraces the shell shocked teen. Her heartbeat is slow and steady and though her imouto's eyes never leave the middle distance the Kumo nin's expression is thoughtful and sad as she considers her little sisters words. The sigh that spills from her lips world weary and tired in a way she never wanted Miroru to become. "In our minds we're all the heroes of our own stories." Azarea murmurs as she ruffles Miroru's hair with her fingers.

"We don't think we can die because if we die the story ends. We get cocky. The thing is the story was never about us." She explains giving a slow shake of her head. "Konsho... he should have taken you seriously and listened to the warnings around him, but he's young and he hasn't realized he's not immortal yet. That people die. Overconfidence kills more shinobi then any enemy could ever hope to manage." Azarea adds her own gaze focusing on some distant middle point for a moment before she shakes herself from her reverie.

"It's why even though I've gotten no shortage of flak for being an older genin in these exams and for my preparation I rarely pay it any mind. Because you're never too old to die. Refusing to take your opponent seriously is an insult to your opponent and to your own intelligence, but it's a lesson many of our fellows have learned this exams." As the kunoichi looks up glancing around to see if any of the nurses were watching as she carefully shifts Miroru to slide a canteen from her pocket and offer it to the girl.

"One sip. No more. It helps with the shock and you've earned it." She instructs because the bitter burn of alcohol had a way of helping to jar and ground the senses, but the last thing Azarea wanted to do was risk breeding a dependence in Miroru.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Brutal TruthsMay 9, 2023 21:22:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 265 | notes
"Is that how most people feel?" Miroru asked quietly. "I feel... I feel like I'm behind the scenes. Sometimes I get to play understudy for the lead, maybe, but most of the time I'm just... keeping messes from happening and trying to stay on top of things so I can try to shine a bit when I get a chance. It's important but... nobody knows."

Miroru had her wake-up already, though it was a bit of a different flavor. It wasn't that she thought she couldn't die, it was that she knew that if she didn't control herself, other people would. That was, to her, more terrifying. If someone up and died, they didn't have to deal with the aftermath. If she messed up... she'd be around afterwards.

"Good point. Let's all donate to the internal propaganda departments of the other villages. We'll solve world conflict overnight," Miroru joked darkly.

"People have been giving you flak..? But you're not even the only older person here. And that seems so backwards, shouldn't they be encouraging you to take it rather than wait longer, if being an older genin is a bad thing..?"

Miroru took the flask discretely and sipped- and promptly made a choked, strangled sound as her face screwed up. Her eyes slid onto Azarea, briefly, then she forced herself to swallow, and release a gasping sigh. "That was... the worst juice... ever."

MISSIONS
Brutal TruthsMay 19, 2023 14:07:33 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Fear Is A Teacher

"Good means more for me," Azarea quips taking the flask back as she takes her own sip and reaches up to gently ruffle Miroru's hair. The drink having done it's job in helping ground the girl at least. The red head's smile was still a touch sad, but there was a kindness to it. "The worlds not fair is it? So the best we can do is strive to try and make it as fair as possible." The Kunoichi offers as she gives her little Imouto a soft reassuring squeeze.

"But yeah... most people think of themselves as the heroes of their own stories. It takes a lot to knock folks out of that mind set or... they have to have grown never really having that mindset entirely in the first place." She murmurs uncertain how to explain such an outlook further when both Miroru and herself had lived lives far from the exact norm.

"What happened out there, I need you to understand it's not your fault. You did everything you could to try to spare Konsho and not hurt him. The exams are a brutal time, but you still showed mercy even when being underestimated." Azarea states glancing down at Miroru as she tries to catch the girl's eyes. To make her understand the importance of her words. "You are not at fault Miroru." She repeats voice firm.

"That said that doesn't mean you can't me empathic towards him. It is ok to do whatever you feel you need to if you feel any guilt, but at the end of the day I don't want this to haunt you. Fear is a teacher. It's not your family. Don't let it live forever in your head." She explains lifting one hand to lightly tap the side of her own head as she gives Miroru a lopsided smile.

"Would you like to visit Konsho together?" Azarea offers uncertain if Miroru wants her there or if the girl would prefer to get things over with. Sometimes it was easier to handle such situations like ripping off a bandage.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
Brutal TruthsMay 20, 2023 2:20:09 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 424 | notes

"Blech. What do you like about it even..? You coulda filled that whole thing with kiwi juice but instead it's... why?" Miroru's nose scrunched, bunching up the freckles across the bridge of her nose. The ruffle relaxed her, at least. "... no, it's not. And yeah, I try to. I really do." Every word the truth.

"I guess I can understand it? I like to play at being the hero with my friends. Or- y'know, did. When we didn't have training and missions and stuff. But it was sorta collaborative. I played the Dragon King and the Damsel just as often. It wasn't about -me- being the hero, it was about -us- sharing a story. I feel like..." Miroru thought about it quietly. "If I thought this was MY story... I'd be liable to do awful things to people, break their dreams and stuff, because I thought that was how the story had to go. And I know I gotta do that stuff as a shinobi, but I mean like... when it isn't necessary."

Which was the crux of it. That's what bothered Miroru, clearly. She could have tried some other way of taking him out, could have surrendered herself, could have done any number of other things. Why had she chosen THAT route..?

"Not... how is it not my fault..?" Miroru asked, not derisive, but... lost. "I could have taken the loss, let his refusal to lose give him the win. I won all my other fights. Heck, winning didn't even matter. But he kept..."

She spoke quietly. "I was so mad. I felt like I'd shown him more than enough to prove I could take him down and he didn't recognize any of it, he just- kept going on and on telling me how I was..." Even now, his words hit her heart like a sledge hammer. "Sloppy. Unprepared, my techniques incomplete, just... breaking down all my hard work into nothing more than... a child's arrogant vision of competence. I don't mind being underestimated, but he-"

She didn't really have words for how much it'd hurt to have him tearing apart her efforts the way he did.

Or how scared she'd been in the moment that he might have been right.

"... heh. I couldn't let him live there rent free if I wanted to," Miroru murmured drily. Cuz, you know.

Occupado.
[/font]
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div]
MISSIONS

quick reply

compose a reply