[googlefont=Source Sans Pro][googlefont=Teko]
[attr="class","carvemyname"]
[attr="class","carvecount"]342 WORDS
[attr="class","carveheader"]
[attr="class","carveidk"]
[attr="class","carveimg"]
[attr="class","carvestripe"]
[attr="class","carvetitle"]Peaches
[attr="class","carvedesc"]Peaches peaches peaches peaches.
[attr="class","carvenotes"] &
[attr="class","carvetext"]It had taken some getting used to the sound of the train chugging along the tracks, and the feeling of confinement. The wanderer hadn’t even rode in a stagecoach before, for the love of being on his own two feet and seeing everything with his own two eyes. Trains, Io decided, were even worse: you couldn’t stop to see anything worth seeing. He knew this for a fact, because he got a funny look half an hour ago when he asked an attendant if they could stop to check out an interesting rock formation.

Atop his head was a gray ushanka with a fuzzy brim made of wolf pelt, with droopy flaps hanging from either side. Io’s frame was draped by an olive green winter coat with a fur lined hood that hugged the back of his neck.

Next to him was a huge pack, a bundle that undoubtedly held every bit of Ema’s luggage and the wares she had to peddle. He could see her legs on the other side, the baggage forming a wall between them. Io had had more words with the attendants on the train ride than with her at this point. He was sure that she probably wanted Kyonosuke to take her on the sales trip. She’d made a good amount of money in Shouninnomura but wanted to see if she could sell off what was left in Yukigakure.

Body twisted around in his seat, Io wiped the condensation from his window at the cost of a tickle of cold on his right hand beneath the glove. Light reflecting from snow banks pierced his eyes, which fluttered wildly until they adjusted. He could see a plain of snow, and a blanket of forestry beyond it.

"We ought to be arriving soon. I can see the pines of the forest that lie west of the village,” Io said without turning away from the window. The breath of his words cast another fog over the glass, prompting him to wipe it away again— his hand made all the colder.
[attr="class","carvecredit"]IVYLEAF33

[newclass=".carveheader a,.carveheader b,.carvetext b"]color: #efa662;[/newclass][newclass=".carvemyname"]width:450px;background-color:#2E2E2E;color:gainsboro;padding:20px;border-bottom:solid 20px #3b9786;[/newclass][newclass=".carvecount"]font-family:Teko;font-size:13px;margin-top:170px;background-color:#3b9786;color:#2E2E2E;margin-left:-20px;padding-right:7px;padding:5px;border-radius:0px 10px 10px 0px;z-index:10;position:absolute;[/newclass][newclass=".carveheader"]height:245px;[/newclass][newclass=".carveidk"]text-align:left;margin-top:-20px;margin-left:-20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carveimg"]max-width:240px;min-width:240px;float:left;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 0, 75% 100%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 0, 75% 100%, 0% 100%);[/newclass][newclass=".carvestripe"]background-color:#3b9786;height:225px;margin-right:225px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(90% 0, 98% 0, 75% 100%, 67% 100%);clip-path: polygon(90% 0, 98% 0, 75% 100%, 67% 100%);[/newclass][newclass=".carvetitle"]text-transform:uppercase;font-family:Teko;font-size:48px;text-align:right;color:#d6dfda;margin-top:20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carvedesc"]font-size:13px;color:#efa662;font-family:Teko;margin-top:-10px;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=".carvenotes"]margin-top:10px;font-family:Source Sans Pro;font-size:10px;padding-right:5px;height:160px;margin-left:20px;color:white;[/newclass][newclass=".carvetext"]font-family:Source Sans Pro;text-align:justify;font-size:12px;padding:15px;padding-left:20px;padding-right:20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carvecredit"]width:475px;font-size:12px;text-align:right;margin-left:5px;[/newclass]
last edit by Jinmenshi Io on Jun 7, 2023 9:01:21 GMT -5
Sharp has written 27 posts
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 7, 2023 16:04:23 GMT -5
Enomoto Ema
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Enomoto Ema Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday June 19 rank Civilian occupation Botanist
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rain"]
[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","img"]

[attr="class","title"]

THE SCENIC ROUTE [break]
- Luv Ema

[attr="class","text"]

The young woman he was accompanying was scrunched up snoozing in the inner corner of the compartment with a cozy knitted blanket covering her lap. She stirred awake at the warning from her valet, looking around with a little gasp as she folded the blanket and stuffed it into her luggage. She adjusted the front of her red chiffon kimono cinched with a gold sash and bedazzled with little glass beads. Her hair was half up in a braided crown with white lilies all throughout and she pulled a little hand held mirror out to check it hadn’t been disturbed by her slouching. All was well.
[break][break]
Ema was excited by the prospect of making some new connections but mostly she hoped to make a good bit off of sales here in Yukigakure. She’d never been on a train before and she’d never seen this much snow. It was a surreal feeling of having to wait so patiently while being so entirely awe inspired by everything around her. She peered around her luggage just enough to catch a glimpse of Io’s reflection in the window as he stared out longingly at the immense white void and howling wind.
[break][break]
She supposed it would only be proper to break the silence she had kept so well for the majority of the voyage. "I’m grateful to you for accompanying me on this venture. It lightens my father’s heart to know that I am safe and…" Ema smirked but continued in the same demure breathy tone, "honestly your readiness to put your life on the line for money is one of my favorite things about you.”

[attr="class","extras"]

[break]

[newclass=".rain"] width: 450px; padding: 30px; background:url("http://backgroundcheckall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/tumblr-background-theme-5.jpg"); background-size:auto; border: solid 1px #050505; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .main"] background:#141414; border: solid 1px #050505;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .main img"] width: 400px; height: 200px; padding: 10px;margin:10px;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .title"] padding: 0px 15px 10px; border-bottom: solid 5px #fbb3b7;font-size: 13px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: center;text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .text"] background: #111; padding: 35px;font-size: 12px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .text b"] font-size: 14px; color:#fbb3b7;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .text i"] color:#fbb3b7;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .extras"] padding: 20px; border-top: solid 5px #fbb3b7;font-style: italic;font-size: 11px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: center;text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair Display"]
last edit by Enomoto Ema on Jun 7, 2023 16:05:23 GMT -5
Thalia has written 9 posts
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 10, 2023 19:07:58 GMT -5
Jinmenshi Io
Let's go!
Jinmenshi Io Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday Jan 1st rank C occupation Delivery Boy
[attr="class","carvecount"]274 WORDS
[attr="class","carvenotes"] one more Ema post then Mika
[attr="class","carvetext"]"Ah well, I do love to lighten your father’s heart— and his pocket book,” Io retorted. It was a fib if he ever told one. Her dad’s payments weren’t great, but he took the jobs to lighten Kyonosuke’s load so that he could continue his journey. Plus, he got to go somewhere he hadn’t been before. He couldn’t just let Ema tease him without firing back though. It just wasn’t in his nature.

The train started to slow down, and after a few moments it passed beneath a shadow as it crossed beneath the walls of Yukigakure. The screeching of brakes against the cold tracks rang in Io’s ears while he held steady the packs of luggage Ema was bringing along. At least the sound made it impractical for her to make any more comments until it came to a stop.

After they arrived at the station, Io gathered up all of the belongings on his back. Stacking each of them up he looked quite silly as they towered behind his head, but he managed to make it work.

The part of the railway station that they were parked in was sequestered off and monitored by gate guards. As they exited the train, it’d be up to Ema to go up to an indoor security checkpoint where a guard stood to provide their trade passes. Either side of them was walled off, but the frigid winds of the north screamed through the entrances of the railway and brought numbness to Io’s cheeks. They were bundled to the nines in a white garb, the basic details of their form lost in any sense of the word.

[newclass=".carveheader a,.carveheader b,.carvetext b"]color: #efa662;[/newclass][newclass=".carvemyname"]width:450px;background-color:#2E2E2E;color:gainsboro;padding:20px;border-bottom:solid 20px #3b9786;[/newclass][newclass=".carvecount"]font-family:Teko;font-size:13px;margin-top:170px;background-color:#3b9786;color:#2E2E2E;margin-left:-20px;padding-right:7px;padding:5px;border-radius:0px 10px 10px 0px;z-index:10;position:absolute;[/newclass][newclass=".carveheader"]height:245px;[/newclass][newclass=".carveidk"]text-align:left;margin-top:-20px;margin-left:-20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carveimg"]max-width:240px;min-width:240px;float:left;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 0, 75% 100%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 0, 75% 100%, 0% 100%);[/newclass][newclass=".carvestripe"]background-color:#3b9786;height:225px;margin-right:225px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(90% 0, 98% 0, 75% 100%, 67% 100%);clip-path: polygon(90% 0, 98% 0, 75% 100%, 67% 100%);[/newclass][newclass=".carvetitle"]text-transform:uppercase;font-family:Teko;font-size:48px;text-align:right;color:#d6dfda;margin-top:20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carvedesc"]font-size:13px;color:#efa662;font-family:Teko;margin-top:-10px;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=".carvenotes"]margin-top:10px;font-family:Source Sans Pro;font-size:10px;padding-right:5px;height:160px;margin-left:20px;color:white;[/newclass][newclass=".carvetext"]font-family:Source Sans Pro;text-align:justify;font-size:12px;padding:15px;padding-left:20px;padding-right:20px;[/newclass][newclass=".carvecredit"]width:475px;font-size:12px;text-align:right;margin-left:5px;[/newclass]
last edit by Jinmenshi Io on Jun 10, 2023 19:12:13 GMT -5
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 10, 2023 20:27:24 GMT -5
Enomoto Ema
Enomoto Ema Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rain"]
[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","img"]

[attr="class","title"]

The Scenic Route[break]

[attr="class","text"]

Ema scooted to the edge of her seat and slid the door to the compartment open just a crack as the train rumbled to a stop. There was some movement and bustling out in the hallway and a man near the front announced they had arrived in Yukigakure. "Time to disembark.” [break][break]

The young woman slid her hands down the front of her skirt to make sure she was presentable and turned to see Io straining under the immense weight of her luggage. She grinned at the sight. It was certain to help craft her image as a successful and affluent business woman to have a servant toting her bags for her and she was again grateful for his willingness to indulge her fantasy. The thought of offering to help crossed her mind for the briefest of moments before being pushed off to the side. In her experience doing her heavy lifting seemed really fulfilling for most men and she didn’t dare rob him of that sense of accomplishment.[break][break]

It was with a sharp inhale that she stepped down onto the icy platform. The train had been cozy compared to the afternoon air of Yukigakure. She raised her hood and strode swiftly as her heels would carry her towards the security checkpoint. The appropriate paperwork was passed over and she waited as the guard did some sort of magic over the bags. She had nothing to hide and was ushered quickly through the gate with Io following close behind. It seemed like shelter would be a priority and she kept her eyes open for an inn as they walked up the main street that led towards a castle of black ice.

[attr="class","extras"]

[break]

[newclass=".rain"] width: 450px; padding: 30px; background:url("http://backgroundcheckall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/tumblr-background-theme-5.jpg"); background-size:auto; border: solid 1px #050505; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .main"] background:#141414; border: solid 1px #050505;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .main img"] width: 400px; height: 200px; padding: 10px;margin:10px;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .title"] padding: 0px 15px 10px; border-bottom: solid 5px #fbb3b7;font-size: 13px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: center;text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .text"] background: #111; padding: 35px;font-size: 12px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=".rain .text b"] font-size: 14px; color:#fbb3b7;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .text i"] color:#fbb3b7;[/newclass][newclass=".rain .extras"] padding: 20px; border-top: solid 5px #fbb3b7;font-style: italic;font-size: 11px; font-family:'playfair display'; color: #eee;text-align: center;text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 11, 2023 4:49:21 GMT -5
Yami
Yami Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday October 16 rank Sp. Jounin occupation Bodyguard
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory
Far Away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
"I don't know where you'd even get that impression," Reiji muttered, almost in defiance despite the lack of resistance he was putting up.
    A peer of his had placed their hands on his shoulders and was ushering him out of the castle, pushing from behind. The other shinobi was dressed in their full gear, but despite their pushing and guiding, the white-haired man who was being shooed out of the building hardly seemed in trouble. There was no urgency or anger from the other shinobi, after all.
    "In fact," Reiji stated, furrowing his brow slightly as he spoke softly, but seriously, "I'm offended."
    "Lady's orders!" The other operative shushed, stopping once they were a fair distance from the Black Castle, though it was still within view. "Now begone! Skedaddle! Go pick up a shift at the gates, or something, if you can't figure something else out!" They waved Reiji off before turning tail and heading back from whence they came, leaving the Kyо̄bо̄ standing in the middle of the sidewalk.
    He wanted to fight back and continue insisting, but, really, he wasn't one to disobey orders. Especially those given directly by the Yuki Lady, herself. Still, he thought the entire thing was preposterous. He was not a workaholic, and the idea that he needed to be shooed out to take a break was--well, it was insulting.
    I take my job seriously, that's all! They act as though there's something wrong with that! I love my job! That doesn't make me addicted to it! He thought to himself, his expression steeled despite his rising frustration. I have hobbies! Could a workaholic say that? I don't think so! I'm a perfectly well-adjusted individual, and I take living an enjoyable life--very seriously! He huffed. Though, I don't think they understand just how much I take my casual living and enjoyment of life, seriously, either! Frustrating. The young man turned his attention from the Black Castle to see two strangers--to him--heading his way after their passage through the gates. Initially, he didn't think anything of them--it wasn't as though he memorized every name and face of every shinobi and citizen in Yukigakure, after all, but upon a second glance something seemed a bit off.
    The young male struggling with a tower of luggage was the first clue--was the girl accompanying him someone important? Surely, they seemed like visitors.
    Which usually meant business or something of some kind of importance.
    And, for a moment, it suddenly dawned on Reiji--
    --Like being caught without pants because you preferred your boxers in the comfort of your own home--
    --He wasn't wearing his eye patch.
    Fuck! Reiji slapped his hand over his violet eye, panic settling in. Likely blown out of proportion by an onset of anxiety, it probably wasn't as big of a deal as he felt it was, but his feelings were all he cared about in the moment.

NAME: Katon: Kagaribi [Fire Release: Campfire]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Katon
DESCRIPTION:
The user blows chakra-enhanced heated air over their bodies and the bodies of other people, allowing them to heat up slightly in colder climates. This obviously does not stave off cold-related illnesses like pneumonia.
 | 484 | let's go~

GLASS HAS GANGNAM STYLE

last edit by Yami on Jun 11, 2023 5:05:42 GMT -5
Mika has written 30 posts
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 11, 2023 15:37:58 GMT -5
Jinmenshi Io
Let's go!
Jinmenshi Io Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","carvecount"]~250 WORDS
[attr="class","carvenotes"]
[attr="class","carvetext"]"Hey Miss Ema, if you aren’t sure where we are heading, maybe we could ask someone here?” Io suggested with a strain in his voice. A trail of footprint impressions formed a path through the snow ahead of him, making him reluctant to abandon the more sheltered rail station. Nonetheless he followed her beyond the station’s gates and took steps as carefully as he could while keeping pace with her.

Scanning about, he spotted a pale haired man where an unburied sidewalk began. His gaze met with them in the middle of their motion to slap a hand over their eye, leaving Io to be a bit bewildered. At about that time, he felt the black leather bag that sat atop the heartier packs canting awkwardly, so he bent his knee and did a little hop to put it back in place. Regardless of the stranger’s eye issue, whatever it was, he figured they might be as good a lead as any.

"Ah look Miss Ema! That fellow looks like they might have pink eye, they do,” he said. "I bet you could make a quick sale and get us a guide all in one go, if you please.”

Finding a place to lose the baggage would be great. Io thought he could count on Ema’s cupidity to make a sale over her concern for his poor back.

Here’s hoping.

last edit by Jinmenshi Io on Jun 11, 2023 15:38:41 GMT -5
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 12, 2023 15:15:19 GMT -5
Enomoto Ema
Enomoto Ema Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rain"]
[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","img"]

[attr="class","title"]

The Scenic Route [break]

[attr="class","text"]

"Good catch, Io…” Ema murmured to her companion before waving a hand and calling out to the stranger, "Excuse me, Sir! Sir!” She waddled across the street as quickly as a civilian could be expected to and started up a conversation. "I noticed your eye might be causing you some discomfort. I’m Enomoto Ema! I’m an apothecary from the Land of Waves. I’ve got some eyedrops I’ve made that will help with irritation and it should clear most any infection right up.”
[break][break]
Ema smiled and her jaw was tight to keep her teeth from chattering as an icy wind blew through the streets. She pulled her jacket closer around her shoulders and glanced back at Io. "You wouldn’t happen to know somewhere warm that a weary traveler might find some rest?”

[attr="class","extras"]

[break]

The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 14, 2023 0:08:26 GMT -5
Yami
Yami Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday October 16 rank Sp. Jounin occupation Bodyguard
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory
Far Away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
Ah, damn, they were approaching. Thankfully, though, it seemed at least they had the wrong impression--in the right way. They likely hadn't seen anything, much to Reiji's relief. Though, annoyingly, the girl immediately tried selling him something. Merchants, he thought to himself, wearily. Still, it was better than the alternative, he supposed. He could definitely deal with them. "No, unfortunately, it's nothing like that," the young man said awkwardly, fetching his eye patch and putting it on. Much better. "I didn't realize we were hosting visitors from so far away. Land of Waves, you say?" He smiled nicely. "Then the two of you have traveled far." It seemed they were quite tired--the girl and the young man accompanying her.
    He seemed to be serving as a pack mule for the time being, but his chakra signature alluded that there was some strength there, too... Likely doubling as a bodyguard.
    Which was no issue, of course. It was wise for a travelling merchant to have skilled companionship.
    And while the young girl seemed to have a youthful energy about her, the young man she was with certainly looked like he could use a break. Somewhere warm to stay? Whether an inn or merely somewhere to get some lunch, they certainly needed a break in one way or another. And, being outsiders, it was almost guaranteed they weren't accustomed to the cold--even countries that got snow didn't often have as harsh of winters as Yukigakure faced daily.
    Unfortunately, they'd come to Reiji seeking directions.
    He gave an awkward smile. "Certainly. I'll help you find somewhere to stay," he answered. It was the best that he could promise--and he would absolutely try. "Would you like a hand carrying any of those bags?" he'd offer. After all, the young man wasn't going to be setting them down in the immediate future, so the least Reiji could do was try to help lighten the load. "I'm Fuyuki, Reiji, by the way. It's nice to meet the two of you." Ema and... what was the boy's name? Reiji looked at him, hoping the sidekick would supply the information.
 | 352 | let's go~

GLASS HAS GANGNAM STYLE

last edit by Yami on Jun 14, 2023 0:08:43 GMT -5
Mika has written 30 posts
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 14, 2023 12:35:56 GMT -5
Jinmenshi Io
Let's go!
Jinmenshi Io Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","carvecount"]~300 WORDS
[attr="class","carvenotes"]
[attr="class","carvetext"]Io was curious about what sort of thing might make an eye infection fortunate, but he let introductions distract him from an outright inquisition. For now.

"Jinmenshi Io, at your service,”
he responded with a nod of his head, unable to bow for fear of losing Ema’s luggage. "We’re a long way from home, but Miss Ema is quite the entre-pre-neur you know? Figured you all wouldn’t have many plant based goods around 'ere on account of the cold.”

At the offer of carrying some of the bags, he shot Ema a glance but couldn’t gauge her reaction to it. His instinct was to keep them because he worried that she wouldn’t want a stranger holding her things, but even the train ride hadn’t been enough of a break. They had to leave their pack yak behind at the dock before coming across the sea. His back was killing him.

"Well if you don’t mind, that’d be lovely,” Io said as he reached up and retrieved the leather pack hanging canted overhead. Then another, a somewhat bigger medical bag that contained tinctures, bandages, and oils. He kept the bulkier packs for himself, but was no longer doing a balancing act.

With relief came less distraction from the cold, and a howl of air at his back crept through his winter hat and nipped at his ears. He shuddered and bit the tip of his tongue while he lifted his hands up to cradle his ear lobes.

"It’s awfully cold up here, I must say. Too hot for you all across the pond, eh? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just not my cup of tea. Although I could go for a cup of tea about now if you know what I mean. I’m sure you’re an expert guide and we’ll be warming our tushes up in no time, though!”

last edit by Jinmenshi Io on Jun 14, 2023 12:38:58 GMT -5
The Scenic Route [Thalia/Mika]Jun 19, 2023 20:10:41 GMT -5
Enomoto Ema
Enomoto Ema Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rain"]
[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","img"]

[attr="class","title"]

The Scenic Route [break]

[attr="class","text"]

"Yes! It’s been quite a journey.” Ema smiled. She knew that jumping straight into a sales pitch wasn’t the most charming thing but she wasn’t really intent on pursuing that line of conversation anyways. Her intention was to set the ninja at ease by telegraphing her reason for being here in a foreign land and by confirming she wasn’t a threat. It seemed that had worked in that the handsome young man before her offered to escort them someplace better than the middle of the street. "I’m ever so grateful for your assistance, Fuyoki.”
[break][break]
Ema wrung her hands together as a couple of her bags were passed off to the snow ninja. There was nothing preventing him from running off with them and she was a little suspicious of ninja in general. They had a lot of secrets. That was common knowledge. Still, she said nothing and simply followed towards an unknown destination.

[attr="class","extras"]

[break]

last edit by Enomoto Ema on Jun 19, 2023 20:11:32 GMT -5