Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 25, 2023 16:22:56 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi's practiced attack was met with an equally practiced counter that the older lady seemed to be a master in. Even before the counter attack started, Kasumi was mumbling curses under her breath. As the pomel of the blade came up towards her face, she knew she was in for it. All she could do was grit her teeth and shut her eyes.

THWANK!

For a moment, Kasumi wondered if her eyes would even be able to open right after the impact to her face. They still did, and the Chuunin stumbled a step back as she saw a splash of red coming from her nose. Clearly broken, at least. Another stumbled step backwards as the cloak flickered away.

Thud.

Then she was looking at the sky as she fell flat on her back in front of her old sensei. Her breathing got even heavier without the cloak helping her ignore her burning lungs. The rustic taste of blood was in her mouth until she spit a mouthful of it upwards just for it to land on her stomach.

"Owwwwww..." she'd grumble out, her senses still literally knocked out of her as she tried her best to sit up only to fall flat on her back again, "you are... literally the... worst teacher... ever."

Her voice was raspy as her nose freely leaked into her throat. She barely mustered the strength to roll onto her side to bring some relief.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Demon Strength:
Through hard work and dedication, Kasumi has trained her body to be strong- even for a shinobi. She has incredible physical strength that is near impossible to match on even footing.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami, Demon's jacket

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 25, 2023 18:00:53 GMT -5
Sora Minami
"You cannot cage a storm."
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
Sora’s counter-blow landed with a sickening thwack, the pommel of her sword slamming into Kasumi’s face hard and fast, cracking bone. The Chuunin stumbled back one, two steps, her chakra cloak at last faltering as she fell to the ground, too exhausted and too injured to continue. Blood spurted from her nose into the air, splattering on the teenager's face as she spoke, words garbled but understandable.

"Oh, you remember me now?" She asked, smiling despite her former student’s obviously painful injury. The girl tried rolling to her side, but that wouldn’t help much- a broken nose needed a medic-nin to heal it, never mind the cuts on her torso or the bruise that was spreading across her back. Yes, Kasumi was definitely going to feel this in the morning… but at least she could do something to ease the pain a little.

"Hold still." Sora said, sheathing Samidare as she walked over to where Kasumi was laying and grabbed the girl’s chin with her left hand, gently feeling her nose with the other. A clean break, or so it felt, with only a small tear (the bleeding would have been worse otherwise), but still something she’d need a medic to fully fix. She could set the bone though; that much she knew how to do, if only from breaking so many noses in the Academy she’d learned by sheer brute force.

"This is going to hurt." The Jounin said, not giving Kasumi a chance to brace herself before she shifted the broken nose bone back into place with her free hand, holding the girl’s chin tight so she wouldn’t flail about and make things worse. Once the bone was set, Sora stepped back, giving her former student a moment to catch her (now likely much easier) breath before she offered the girl a hand up, her voice calm and focused as she spoke.

"Now. You want to tell me why I was able to break your nose so easily, or should I explain it to you?"

Exousia has written 491 posts
Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 25, 2023 18:39:14 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Even though Kasumi was pretty upset at her former sensei, and reasonably so, she definitely didn't protest as the woman put hands on her nose. She knew from experience that a broken nose was worse the longer it stayed bent. She sucked in a sharp breath as it was set straight, refusing to let out even one more moan or groan in pain.

She wasn't exactly a great loser, even if she had done it quite a few times in her life as a ninja. As such, when she caught her breath and was offered a hand to help her up, Minami only got a sharp glare in return as Kasumi pushed against the dirt and got up under her own shaky legs.

"Why you managed to break my nose so easy?" She raised a brow, as if the question and possibly the teacher were completely stupid. "Because the back of a sword is very hard. A nose is not very hard. Duh, don't be stupid. You're supposed to be a teacher. Tch."

Kasumi would spit a mouthful of blood to the side, shaking her head in disappointment over the state of the villages current education system. Was this really the person to be shaping young minds?

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Demon Strength:
Through hard work and dedication, Kasumi has trained her body to be strong- even for a shinobi. She has incredible physical strength that is near impossible to match on even footing.

Jutsu used:

Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 26, 2023 11:53:52 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
Sora raised a single eyebrow at the smaller Kunoichi as she slowly wobbled to her feet, spurning her help. The girl had always been like that though; stubborn, unbending, and a terrible sport when she lost, the Chuunin simply did not want to listen to anyone who she didn’t respect, let alone learn from them. Still, she had thought the girl might at least hear her out after winning- she’d always been willing to listen (if not always able) in the Academy. Well. I guess I’ll have to do this the hard way…

"I broke your nose because you were reckless." She said, shoving a finger into Kasumi’s face as she spoke. Her voice was calm, but there was an edge to it, the kind one heard in a frustrated parent when they told a child not to touch the stove again… and they did it anyway. "You knew I was faster than you, but instead of being patient and defending, you tried to take the offensive and fight me head on. Like you always do. And guess what? You lost. Because you won’t FUCKING think!"

The Jounin’s other hand came up, surging in a hard, full-palm slap against Kasumi’s cheek as she spoke, not allowing the girl a moment to get a word in edgewise. "What if next time it isn't against someone like me? What if they kill you? This shit isn’t a damn GAME. You could die! Your TEAM could die! All because you won’t stop and and think about what you’re doing for two fucking seconds! Is that what you want?!"

Sora sighed then, her voice softening as she lowered her hands, suddenly tired. "Please, for five minutes. Drop the tough girl act and just. Listen. Let me- let someone help you. Because if you don’t…" The Jounin paused, her voice trailing off as she turned her head from the Chuunin, not ready to say it out loud.

If you don’t, one day I’ll have to be at your funeral.

Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 26, 2023 16:25:54 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Obviously, Kasumi's answer was wrong. The teacher started rambling on about how it was recklessness that really got Kasumi's nose broken- she was tempted to say it was more likely because her superior surprise attacked her after a workout but she didn't get the chance. The finger in the Demon's face moved just to replaced by an open palm hitting the side of her face.

It hurt, of course, but instead of making a noise of pain Kasumi's eyes lingered away from her teacher. Just about staring a hole in the rocks behind her.

Her sensei's angry words- though audible- felt like they were traveling through two feet of water to reach Kasumi's ears at the moment. Her head tilted a bit at the strangeness of that, staring still at the rocks behind her teacher. Even as her voice got softer, Kasumi hadn't lost the edge that the slap had put into her soul at the moment.

"If I don't, I'll die..? Just like your team. Huh." Kasumi looked back to her sensei now, the tough girl act dropped but replaced with something stranger. Maybe even darker. She thought for a second about her father, the first one that worried about her. He was dead. She hadn't even seen Kyouka in months now. Her eyes turned sharp a moment as she spoke next. "Sensei. Don't project your fears on me. I never asked for you to worry about me."

Kasumi would roll her shoulders, grunting a bit as she picked up her sword now. "I don't need anyone to save me. I'm fine on my own."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Demon Strength:

Jutsu used:

Vitriol In Action [Closed]Jul 29, 2023 19:01:23 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Sora had always been attracted to pluck. Not in the physical sense, but emotionally; she naturally gravitated to people who persevered, who endured, who stuck it out despite the odds and fought to the bitter end, no matter what. The scrappy students, the down-and-outs, the underdogs… those had always been her favorites in the Academy. The ones who no one cared about, who didn’t have a clan or some special bloodline to their name, they had been the ones she’d focused on the most, giving them the attention and instruction they needed to flourish. Kasumi had been one of those students. She still was, in some ways.

"No, Kasumi." She said, watching as the Chuunin picked up her sword with that dull, lifeless look she had adopted so many years ago. The same one she herself had worn for years after the death of her team, her family, her heart. That was what the girl didn’t understand. Refused to understand, truthfully. Because for all her bravado, she knew, deep down, what the truth of it was.

"You won’t die. You’ll survive. Just like me. You’ll live, while everyone you know and care about will die." Sora paused, staring down at her former student, concern writ large across her face as she spoke, not stopping the girl from leaving but not moving out of her way either. An obstacle she had to overcome… or run from. "Is that what you want? To be alone for the rest of your life? Because I can tell you from experience Kasumi… it's not at all what you think it is."

Not even close.

Vitriol In Action [Closed]Aug 1, 2023 16:34:22 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Of course, with these teacher types it was never easy to simply walk away. Even if Kasumi had graduated years ago, she still found herself the victim of many lectures from her elders. Always about how she was slacking, stupid, or reckless. How she needed to change.

But ending up alone? That was a new one for the Demon.

"Alone?" Kasumi asked, looking around for a second. "Lady... everyone I know is either dead or left me out here alone already. It's gotten to the point where old teachers whose faces I hardly remember are the only people lookin' for me."

She'd spit to the side, sheathing her sword with a loud clang. The teacher didn't move, and Kasumi wasn't surprised by that. Instead she stood in front of her, wiping the blood from her face as much as she could and rolling her shoulders.

"All I've really got left to fear is how boring everything is when you have to do it all alone. Boredom is my biggest enemy, and lectures are it's greatest weapon. Now get out of my way already, eh? Next time I see ya, I'll make sure I'm strong enough to impress, alright?"

Besides, if she was trying to avoid boredom the one thing that always worked for Kasumi was a good old murder mission. Maybe there was something on the board that could starve the feeling.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Demon Strength:

Jutsu used:

Vitriol In Action [Closed]Aug 1, 2023 21:11:19 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Sora sighed as Kasumi dug in her heels, refusing to budge despite the sense she was speaking. It broke her heart to hear her student speak in such a manner; to hear the loneliness in the girl’s voice, masked by physical pain, exhaustion, and sheer stubborn grit, was like listening to her younger self. Her younger, dumber self. It was obvious to the Jounin she wasn’t going to get any further with Kasumi today, not when she was like this. No one could, not when the Chuunin refused to be taught by anything other than a swift kick in the ass. Always the stubborn ones…

"Fine." She said after a long moment of silence, stepping aside to let Kasumi pass, only to follow after her, right on her heels, careful to ensure she didn’t knock the shorter Kunoichi over with her longer stride. "But we’re taking you to a medic. I hit you pretty hard in that last exchange and you’re absolutely not ok."

The Jounin smiled as she put her hand on Kasumi’s shoulder, guiding the girl towards the nearest medic- even if she had to drag her there to see it happen.

fin