Sweet Dreams [C-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Sweet Dreams [C-Rank Mission]Sept 12, 2023 23:57:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 237 | notes
Miroru grinned to hear Tomomi-sensei was part of the lessons Uriko had enjoyed, and snickered at the compliment. "I guess so. They're pretty practical, but way less flexible in utility than these bad boys! I gotta pester Yamanaka-sensei to teach me too, sometime..!"

As Uriko made her proposal, got her answer, and marched back into the warehouse with the goon, Miroru just stared in shock. "Wh- hey... hey! That's-" The door shut, and she sighed hard, sitting down, pretending to ignore the yowls and shrieks from inside. "You blow a guy's arm off in training and nothing changes, but you have a birthday or two and suddenly the world's a different place. Life, am I right?" She asked the two remaining thugs.

"You know, it might just be me, but I kinda get the impression that he tried to be a hardass and it didn't work out very well for him," Miroru states idly as Uriko's footsteps return. "You guys must be getting paid awful nice to put up with this kinda treatment for whoever owns the junk you're hiding..."

Truthfully, Miroru was VERY unsettled, but she didn't want to sabotage Uriko's plans by interfering. Maybe it'd get results..?

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Sweet Dreams [C-Rank Mission]Sept 14, 2023 22:30:52 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
If Uriko's behavior was disturbing enough, the apparent belief that Miroru wasn't even going to try and rein her in was the straw that broke the camel's back. With promises never to disobey his father again, and through tears and much pleading, the thug being dragged informed the Konoha shinobi of a hidden latch at the northeastern corner of the warehouse, which once stepped on, would reveal the merchandise. It had been disguised by an area that seemed to have cracks, something normal for an old concrete floor.

Uriko looked at Miroru, and if the redhead was looking at her, the Chuunin would see an unmistakable expression of pity on her face. But then it was gone, hidden by the green haired kunoichi, as she stated, "well then, be good to your parents, and do something honest with your lives, because I shall be back here again, and if I hear that any of you was up to anything shady...." At that moment, the barrier manacles were dispelled. The thugs, seeing they were free, did not need any sort of motivation to flee like bats out of hell.

Uriko turned to Miroru. "Poor idiots," she said softly. The barrier wall in the warehouse dissipated, and the third thug could be seen lying silently, a shocked expression on his paralyzed face. But he was evidently unhurt. His own manacles vanished as well, even as the obvious signs of Kanashibari no jutsu wore off. Uriko stared blankly at him. "You're-- you're crazy..." he stuttered, rising unsteadily to his feet. "Oh, are you still here?" the Genin asked, drawing a scalpel from her back pouch. He was gone at an incredibly amazing pace.

"I hope I didn't consternate you much," Uriko said, looking at the blood on the floor. "That's mine, by the way. Don't worry, I heal fast." Uriko then went on to explain that she had bled herself and healed up quickly, thanks to her use of Inyu Shometsu, before spattering the blood in strategic places. She had then made the thug scream by scratching him with a bit of the Aogeki poison she carried, which caused intense pain, but was hardly lethal, and then performed the Body Paralysis technique on the thug to prevent him from speaking further. The rest, Miroru knew.

Uriko looked a bit lightheaded, but she tried to maintain composure. If Miroru checked the place pointed out by the thug, a section of the ground would give way to reveal a trapdoor, which revealed a small subterranean cache, filled with a sack containing various pieces of ivory.

Ronin has written 328 posts
Sweet Dreams [C-Rank Mission]Sept 17, 2023 21:02:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 250 | notes
Miroru took a slow, shivering breath as it all came to a close, moving primarily to secure the evidence as suggested to be present. As she wedged a kunai into the cracks and levered up the broken tile, she sighed in relief, glancing over to make sure the thugs scampered off in swift form.

"No, I'm fine. I was... worried," she admits quietly. "I didn't know what you were up to, but I was... hoping. You had a plan. After everything we talked about, you didn't seem like you were liable to do anything... as wild as that seemed, so I wanted to back your play and let your idea do its work. I'm glad I did. That was- a REALLY good idea, objectively. Subjectively..."

Miroru grits her teeth a little and admits, "I wish you hadn't had to hurt yourself. I've been hurt before, badly, and had it healed by..."

The Old Fox.

"... others... and it stops new pain, but you don't forget it happened, you know..?"

She fished her water canteen and some mochi from inside her pack. "Here, eat these. I need to make room for the ivory, anyhow. With this, I think we have what we needed from this little escapade. Maybe on the way back, you wanna talk training ideas for the next exams?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Sweet Dreams [C-Rank Mission]Sept 21, 2023 23:56:44 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko smiled fondly at her red-headed companion, as the latter admitted to being worried about her. Then she pulled the Chuunin into a hug. "Thank you for caring," she said, her appreciation for Miroru's concern evident in her voice, before she pulled away, a grateful smile still on her face. "Don't worry about me hurting myself, in any case. I've always thought I need to get a little work done on my toughness. I'm a medical ninja, after all, and medics often get targeted first on field missions, so think of this as some form of... uh, conditioning for me. Besides, I'm all healed up and stuff, so it's no biggie, really."

The green haired kunoichi accepted the water and mochi gratefully. "Thank you, Miroru-chan. Yes, one rarely forgets the sensation of pain, but I try to see such things as something to learn from. Pain causes trauma, but it can be an avenue for learning. That's what the Chuunin Exam has taught me... I think. But most certainly, please let's talk about training for the next exams. Like I said, I intend to improve my toughness. I think I'm too delicate, as things stand. But I plan on working on getting tougher."

The world was not the way it was supposed to be. This mission itself was proof of that. But rather than agonize about the wrongs in the world, it was best to strategize on how to remedy the ones that one could handle, and just keep learning. And improving. And daring to take the next step forward.

MISSION COMPLETE

Ronin has written 328 posts