Coal Train [Mission]

compose a reply
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 24, 2023 21:50:31 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

A mission with another sole genin, it was an encouraging feeling to the Takehara. She felt some semblance of trust being placed in her and perhaps these missions were test runs of a future running her own teams. It was an encouraging thought, but one with it's own hidden anxieties. She needed to suppress her anxiety and trust in the process, as there was nothing benefited by her being unnerved.

She stood watch over the cart, as well as the outpost for the coal mine. It wasn't necessary as this location had it's own watch and guards. Their mission wasn't started until the cart was filled and while it's sabotaging could of been a concern. The reason Momo was up early wasn't due to that, she simply struggled to sleep and this whole place had an uncomfortable feeling to her. Arriving the day prior though would allow the trip to be one long journey over the day.

Momo would bare with the rough and dirty environment, the unnecessarily loud and brash miners and their management. She had to bare with it, but the morning sun which she was up prior to would warm her spirits. She wondered when Taro would join up with her, as she'd leave him to wake up of his own means. Granted he didn't sleep until the cart was full and ready to go, if he'd sleep that long in she'd wake him then. Though she really hoped that wouldn't be necessary.

Despite her being on the job she'd stay back from actually assisting in loading the cart. This time her intention would actually be to watch over and confirm no sabotage. She didn't know anyone here other than Taro, so she didn't have a reason to fully trust her career in their hands. Keeping watch on both the cart and her surrounding, she patiently waited for Taro or the cart to be filled. Early mornings had their crew and certainly the cart drivers wanted this mission over too.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.
Notes go here wheee and you can get as long or as short as you want because it doesn't matter. And do you wanna know why that is? Is it because you think this scrolls? Well you'd be right. It does scroll. Pat yourself on the back my good man. You are smart. Smart little man.

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Yoshiko has written 77 posts
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 25, 2023 11:56:12 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday September 6th rank Genin occupation Genin
Another day, another mission. Taro sort of wished it could be so easy, so... Quiet, all the time. His time in the city had made him grow to the idea of people working constantly, so the sound was no issue as he slept through the hours of waiting around doing absolutely nothing. In his mind, he figured getting as much sleep as possible before any action was a good idea, because you didn't know when you'd get to sleep next.

Still, even the sleepiest of heads had to wake up eventually, and as the cart was reaching its full load, Taro coincidentally finally decided to get up and prepare his gear. It probably wouldn't be too crazy or exciting. Maybe some thugs at best, but really, what were the chances of them being ambushed by an actual threat? Zilch, in Taro's eyes. It was just some black rocks. Not like it was food or something vitally important.

Still, the man was happy to be out here, serving his village, and doubly so to be out here with Momo. They'd only known eachother for a short while by name, but she was already starting to grow on him. Maybe it was the horns? Or the way she could bandage him up whenever he was bleeding? Or maybe it was the blue hair...

It was probably the blue hair. That was kind of cute looking. Not in a way that was more then friends, but she certainly caught the eye and could probably lead onto into something more if Taro was more concerned about girls. Truth was though, he was a warrior first and foremost, which meant things like relationships or even pretty girls took a back seat compared to the much more important jobs in front of him.

Stepping up towards the woman for now though, Taro glanced over at her and yawned loudly so she could hear him.

"Is it filled yet? I don't know how much coal they are loading up but I do hope it ain't too much." He muttered, letting a bit of his country bumpkin drawl drag into his speech pattern. He'd just woken up, give him a break.
Caelum has written 122 posts
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 25, 2023 14:16:35 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
age birthday rank occupation NPC Mod
The noise of the miners bustling around as they performed their difficult labor was the major dominant sound. Still, most of the workers managed to have a generally positive and cheerful response to their present conditions. For the most part, they avoided the young, blue-haired woman who stood by; she was a ninja, no matter how attractive she appeared, and ninja were dangerous. But as long as no one gave any reason to be attacked by the ninja, they would be fine. Besides, word had it that the kunoichi was on their side, having been employed by one of the bosses to help guard the conveyance of a particular load of coal from the mines to the requisite destination, along with another one who presently seemed absent. Ninja were dangerous.

The morning was good news for the crop of men at work presently, even as the sun glistened of their sweating bodies. For sunrise meant their night shift was over, and they could go home. There were excited calls as the men loaded bits of the organic black stones onto a cart, their last ask for the day. Some furtive glances were made towards the scrappy-looking kid who showed up and talked to the blue-haired girl. With his appearance, an outsider may have assumed that this kid was one of the miners, but the workers knew their own, and he wasn't one of them. So he was likely the other ninja.

"Of course it's going to be a blistering lot of coal!" an irritated voice piped up, in response to the Genin's question. A cranky-looking but well-built fellow with a long face (literally) strode up to the pair, looking like he wanted to break something. "They'll load the cart to the brim, because poor old Gamemaru will be the one to push it! Fortunately for everyone, I don't have to be happy doing it." He stared at the two ninja, slmost looking like he was glaring at them. "Well, are you both ready? The sooner we get this done, the sooner I can finish this slave work. You know where we're going, right?"

Which was an odd question. He was the one moving stuff. They were supposed to be simply bodyguards. His question wasn't suspicious, in the sense that the two ninja had been shown the cantankerous man the day before as the one they would be bodyguarding, meaning that despite the ignorant question, this was their man, unless he was using a crazy-level disguise, at which point it could certainly not be a C-rank mission any more. Still, the question revealed that he was the sort to not pay due diligence to his work, and that was likely the reason he ended up with the shitty jobs.

|
Ronin has written 120 posts
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 25, 2023 16:16:50 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Momo hadn't the ground to judge others on their sleeping habits. It was interesting Taro took all that time resting and still yawned upon approaching. "Good morning Taro." The chuunin stated in a quiet and sweet tone, before being asked about whether the cart had been filled. A remark added about hoping it wasn't too much coal, which perplexed the Takehara as she couldn't see the benefit of less.

The shipment was to be delivered to Amegakure, it's purpose surely would directly benefit the village and thus them. Any bit extra would be a net positive. However her thoughts would be interrupted as the answer to the question was given by Gamemaru. Their cart driver for this mission, but to her surprise she'd realize something she should of put together earlier. As last night she'd expected him to have some load barring animal to tow the cart. He'd merely guide said animal, but there wasn't an animal at this outpost. At least not one she had noticed.

A sudden feeling of guilt upon realizing the more they loaded into the cart the harder their journey would be on the man. She'd scratch the back of her neck with slight anxiety, before responding to the old man's question. "Of course, we just made the journey yesterday. Right Taro?" Momo would state with a hand over her heart in a sort of promising gesture. A slightly forced, but still comforting smile upon her face. She'd ask to confirm Taro was ready, but mean so almost rhetorically. As she'd quickly gesture for them to start leading the way.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.
Notes go here wheee and you can get as long or as short as you want because it doesn't matter. And do you wanna know why that is? Is it because you think this scrolls? Well you'd be right. It does scroll. Pat yourself on the back my good man. You are smart. Smart little man.

Coal Train [Mission]Jul 25, 2023 17:03:16 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro being a tired chump wasn't exactly news or anything, he just expended a lot of energy a lot of the time, and when you were his age, you needed to spend a good amount of time resting to rebuild the damaged bones and muscles you pulled constantly working and fighting. Frankly, Taro wasn't sure how Momo did it.

"Amegakure." He explained calmly, crossing his arms. That was about the extent he knew. Delivering him to what, a warehouse or something? Regardless, his eyes drifted over the cart and its load bearer, and he squinted slightly.

"You're kidding, right? You're pulling the cart? Amegakure can afford luxuries like this but they can't afford pack animals?" He looked off to the side, almost disgusted by it, but he admired the work ethic. It wasn't his place to complain one way or another, as he looked over towards Momo.

"Sorry. Yeah, that's right. We'll keep you safe. Just try not to fall over. I don't want to have to pull the cart." As if he could. Momo would likely be the one pulling the cart, and she could probably toss the damn thing like a limp ragdoll all the way to Amegakure. Crazy girl. She still held a lot of secrets with her, didn't she?

"The air smells nice today. I think the rain will be gentle for the most part." Growing up in and around Amegakure, everyone surely had some sense of being able to detect the weather, but living outside on a farm most of his life meant he spent quite a few hours outside, staring at the sky. He gained a second intuition when it came to predicting certain weather patterns, if they were obvious at least.
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 25, 2023 22:13:09 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
Gamemaru watched the two ninja as they replied to his question, with a displeased look on his face. It was difficult to read the girl; she did seem to feel some guilt, though Gamemaru was not sure for what reason. The boy, however, seemed quite surprised that Gamemaru would be the one pushing the cart, promising to keep him safe and asking him not to faint along the way. Despite the apparent wariness around ninja, they seemed like decent people. And decent people would...

"Tsk, don't let Gamemaru-san throw you off with his attempts at inspiring pity," a voice called from behind the wagon. A fellow whom the Amegakure ninja would realize as one of the foremen of the mine workers walked out round the cart to face the shinobi. Gamemaru's face darkened, but he did not say anything. "So I just want to make some clarifications, because while we have unions to prevent us from being mistreated by our employers, I don't think it's fair to cast blame where it isn't due. Or don't you think so, Gamemaru-san?"

"No undue blame is being cast anywhere. I'm just not pleased I'm doing this drudgery," came the disgruntled reply. The foreman raised an eyebrow. "Right. So I don't need to mention that you were given money to get a pack beast, and you decided to do whatever with it, yeah?" He turned and looked at the two Ame shinobi. "So how we do logistical matters here is that we have a number of people, Gamemaru-san included, who are responsible for moving our coal to its destination. As soon as clients pay for the coal, we give the logistic guys well enough to handle the trip. Gamemaru has the habit of not spending money on pack animals, because he's really quite strong, and pockets what would have been used to rent a beast, though he has to do the heavy lifting as a result. But I can vouch for old Gamemaru. Without any external interferences, he always gets the job done. And you guys are here to make sure there are no external interferences, yeah? Then I'll wish you good luck and let you get on with it."

He slapped Gamemaru's shoulder playfully with a laugh, as the latter glowered at him. "We may as well get moving," Gamemaru grumbled, getting into position and pulling the cart. If it looked heavy, it didn't show, as the man almost effortlessly began moving it, apparently trying to get out of range of the laughing foreman. "I don't like rain." From the man's tone of voice, it sounded more like he just liked to grumble about everything. Most who dwelt in Arashi no Kuni had learned to cope with the heavy rainfall in that place, after all.

|
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 27, 2023 18:28:40 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

The chuunin wasn't huge on talking, so there was a bit of relief when the foreman explained the situation. It was an unnecessary courtesy to their feelings of pride or guilt in action. The goat knew though that Amegakure paid for a service, it was services job to negotiate pay and discern proper transportation. There was absolutely money gained in every inconvenience the service was willing to take upon itself.

It would be reminded though at the end that there was a job at hand for them too. Momo was fairly confident in their ability to defend the cart and Gamemaru. She'd worry more so about the attitude of her teammate, he seemed to be a bit too confident. Granted it was good to an employer to have confident employees. Momo was the exact opposite a nervousness and concern over everything seeped into her core. She wasn't worried about the mission though, she was worried about herself. The effect it could have on the mission.

"Of course! Taro lead the way, I'll watch our backs." As a chuunin she'd hold the lead position of this mission, so she'd try her best to do a good job of it. Directions needed to be given by someone and if she didn't take command this laborer or Taro might try to impose their own. The trip 'back' should be easy enough to navigate, if they're to do their job right someone needed to watch the coal. She figured it was the mission, so she should hold the teams rear.

Momo wouldn't take chances on this mission, so as soon as they'd leave with Taro at front and her in the behind. She'd retrieve her medicine and take half a pill, as a pre-caution, but in an underdosage to stay more alert. Putting it back in her side pack, she'd then retrieve the bow from her back. Drawing a singular arrow, the chuunin had no plans of being caught off guard. Following with her head more or less constantly scanning for movement. Ears lifted for odd sounds like cracking branches in the woods or approaching foot steps.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

Coal Train [Mission]Jul 28, 2023 7:10:53 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Ah. There was always more to be spoken. Taro didn't mind, it was interesting to hear how this man did his work and pay. It seemed there was an additional section of money and this man had just refused to buy a pack beast with it. Whatever. At the end of the day, as long as they got the job done. He nodded back at Momo, as he stepped up and forward, pressing his handles against two blades as he swung them out.

"I'll keep an eye forward, you watch from the back." He explained calmly to the Chuunin, as with a swift gust, he fired off his ODMG and launched himself up into the trees. Once he was on a branch, he glanced back, but nodded regardless. He'd try to be sparse with his usages, but in truth, it was easier for him to scout if he could see from atop the trees, eyes carefully trying to look around for any potential threats or dangers.

A chuckle though at the idea of someone hating the rain in this land. The idea of hatred against something as simple as their rain made him realize this was going to be a long trip, as he continued to guide the cart forward, scouting along the entire time.
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 29, 2023 20:44:22 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
If the two Amegakure ninja had any suspicions that Gamemaru was the kind of person to complain about everything, it was quickly verified in the first five minutes of travel. What made matters not very much better was that he was quite talkative. To the man's credit, he did seem to have some situational awareness, in the sense that he was careful not to complain about Amegakure, or anything which he suspected the two shinobi might have affiliations to. But everything else was fair game. Even himself.

This griping and whinging would have gone on for a bit, if Taro, who was scouting ahead, had not seen movement in the vegetation ahead. It was clear that there was someone, or some people, trying to remain hidden, although they were obviously far from professionals. Still, just about two seconds after the Genin would have made this observation, three rough-looking folk made their way out of the bushes that lined the path, standing in the way of the advancing party. Although they were all wearing rags and miserable excuses for leather armor, the one in front did not have his face covered.

"Hello, all and sundry," he said, a wicked smile on his face. "I'm neither in the mood to fight, nor stain my hands with blood, so what say you all and just leave the cart here with us? That way, nobody gets to die. Fair enough, eh?" Instantly, Gamemaru was a shivering wreck. "Oh no! I knew it!! I'm going to die!!! I should have just retired when they gave me this stupid assignment."

|
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 30, 2023 10:47:16 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Following in the rear, Momo would have the most time to react to the trio jumping them. She'd however not be in the best position with her being behind two friendlies and a cart to block her vision. So as the cart came to a stop, Momo simply wouldn't and instead walk to the cart.

Focusing some chakra to her legs she'd do her best to do the slightest of transformations. Achieving her goat like balance, as she'd take one step onto the wheel of the cart, then another to put her foot on the carts side. She'd stand atop it with great balance and her foot on the wheel attempting to hold it from moving. As well as to give her an idea it was moving if something unforeseen happened.

She didn't want to leave the coal unguarded, so she didn't like the idea of just blindly engaging the non-shinobi. Their party might of been more than three, but if it wasn't three felt like the perfect number. Upon gaining the high ground Momo would let loose the arrow she'd drawn on their departure. Momo considered many options, especially laying down one of their lives. It'd partially drive the aim of her arrow.

Likely shot mid speech or just as it ended, the archer would put all her focus into firing the arrow right by the speakers head. Gracing his ear if he didn't instinctively shift out of the way. Her action followed immediately by her drawing three more arrows with one hand. Loading up all three strings of her bow to have a beat on all three enemies now.

"That was a warning shot!" Momo declared with a tinge of frantic mania, but she wasn't frantic out of fear of their threat. She didn't want to need anymore of her transformation. She didn't think it was necessary, but she wouldn't risk their transports health. If they wanted to fight and risk his health, then she'd have to kill them, it was the only safe recourse in her mind. "Please don't make me kill you..." Despite it being a threat it was spoken with sorrow and eerie sincerity, as though she couldn't control her ability to kill.
Weapon in Use
- Cloud Retainer

SA in Use:
Mightest Goat | Onigo KKG #1
Treated with Chakra as an infant, Momo's bodies reaction was to channel that through her bloodline. Forever scarring her with Onigo appearance of a warped skin, eye and hair color, as well as two goat like horns protruding from her head. She's however not as skilled as one might think for someone so early indoctrinated into bloodline ability. The major downside of this clan is using it's power causes one to also lose their sanity. Thus Momo whose constantly in a battle to not transform has relatively awful control in comparison to most of her clan.

That stated though, she's still incredibly skilled with the part of her she can transform. Her arms stiffen and bulge with the might of her bloodline, as the nails on her fingers become more claw like and merged with the hand. This allows her to have an incredibly easy time plucking the string of her bow, to rip forth some of the most powerful draw string strengths. As a chuunin she's also begun slowly, but less successfully transforming her feet, so she can almost stand like a mountain goat. Using only the smallest amount of space to perch herself giving her odd vantage points.

Angry Archer Elite | Bow Skill SA #2
In order to taper down her rage, Momo picked up the practice and pleasure of archery. The exercise being a constant in her life since a very young age, she's become quite the professional shot. Not only that as she's an Onigo by bloodline, she's able to accomplish strengths beyond that of most. Meaning she's trained in the art of more and more powerful bows, unintentionally this chuunin would likely break any regular persons bow. Due to this it's smart to be wary of any arrow let loose from her own mighty bows.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

last edit by Takehara Momo on Jul 30, 2023 10:48:40 GMT -5
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 30, 2023 14:25:51 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Bandits, out here? Taro had to wonder just how important this coal was. Well, he knew was important, but important enough to warrant broke bandits attacking? It seemed...

It seemed somehow unlikely. Taro was street wise, and if you were out to make a quick buck, you didn't go after coal caravans. The ryo simply wasn't worth the effort, risk, and more. That said... Taro wasn't taking any chances. He didn't have any control over Momo- She was the defacto senior-officer here, which meant Taro couldn't exactly call out to her on additional ideas. Still, his job was clear, and setting up a few handseals from his spot in the trees, he designated the branch he was standing on as the sacrifice if things went sour on the ground before leaping off, landing firmly in-between the group.

"Watch our back." He called out to Momo, but most of his response was going to be towards these thugs. A careful frown leveled out his face as he looked each one down, trying to gauge if they had any weapons or styles to them. It was a long shot to see from just a glance, but it was important to know what one was fighting before fists started flying.

"She's right you know. This won't be an easy fight for you. You think this is going to be worth the effort?" He called out, curious to see their reasoning. He was focusing rather intensely on this situation, which in retrospect was perhaps not the greatest idea, but he had a great amount of faith that the Chuunin next to the cart had eyes far greater than Taro's own, so if this was the set up of a larger battle, she'd be able to catch it out before something happened to them. Not to mention the kawarimi he'd set up on the tree, which gave him an additional angle of protection in case these folk were faster than they let on.
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 30, 2023 19:44:55 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
It was quite clear, from the responses of the three men standing in the way, that they did not even know an arrow had been shot until the dull thud of the shaft burying itself in the solid trunk of the tree that stood behind them. All three flinched almost at the same time, then the one who had spoken put his hand to his ear and stared with surprise at the little drop of blood which had seeped from the scratch on his ear. The other two had just seen the arrow and were trying not to panic.

With Taro questioning the likelihood of their success, one of the masked men retorted, "we can't just back down and let you go! What if--?" But the one who had spoken first held up his hand, effectively silencing the man. "See that girl standing on the wheel?" he said in a low voice, though the Amegakure ninja could hear them. "She's killed before. You can tell from her voice. I don't think we should throw our lives away." He turned to the ninja. "If we leave quietly, promise you won't chase us."

Gamemaru scoffed, suddenly growing bold when moments before he had been a pathetic mess. "Candy-ass bitc--" The rest of his insult was lost as a loud crash accompanied a plume of smoke where the three bandits had been. When the smoke cleared, a heavily-tattooed huge beast of a man, almost 9 feet tall, stood over the fallen body of the bandit who seemed to have been doing most of the talking. The other two had looks of abject terror in their eyes, quite obvious despite their masked faces. The newcomer glared at Gamemaru. "What were you saying just now?" he growled. There was an audible gulp from the cart puller. "Oh, I was just introducing myself."

"Kill them!" the giant said to the two remaining bandits. They hesitated. Without another word, he grabbed the nearest one, and flung the man straight at Momo.

|
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 31, 2023 9:10:00 GMT -5
Takehara Momo
Takehara Momo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

It wasn't too much chakra, but some was devoted to her transformation. It would make thinking a bit more stressed, her every breath growing a little more uneasy. She didn't want to just take this pose for a long time, but she'd rather not commit to a fight. Her opponents didn't seem to back down, but the one who talked seemed to be reasonably rationalizing the situation.

Momo felt uncomfortable this stranger knew she'd killed before by her voice. Her evils were that obvious? It was relieving though to hear him ask if they'd be allowed to leave. "Of course!" She'd quickly reply with a brief sigh of relief. Her relief was truly brief as Gamemaru choose to speak up and provoke the robbers. Hadn't he just been afraid of death, why'd he have to be such a nuisance? A question that angered her.

It wasn't like he'd been a pleasure on their walk either, but she didn't get a chance to scold him or really focus on him. His words would be interrupted a fourth member of the opposition arriving smack center of the rest. A behemoth of a man who'd seem to immediately knock down the only man who'd been reasonable. Would fear still drive these others to attack?

The center man regardless of his comrades willingness would take one of them to throw as a projectile. The chuunin could tell from the wind up who'd been targeted. Sensible and perfect in her mind, but she felt bad. They didn't all seem to want to die, but that'd just cause her to tear up. As her hand would let loose all three arrows, her aim roughly at three attackers. Granted the one being picked up was being quickly moved from her aim, it'd at least block that route out for retreat.

All her arrows loosed, she'd watch the human projectile launch. As it did she'd lean away from the cart, as she'd launch herself into a barrel roll across the ground. This new man stood at crazy heights, so she didn't need to have the high ground. His head would stick out over any cover around, so mid roll she'd draw a new arrow. Recovering herself on one knee and her other foot, to take a more prone position.

Momo didn't want a fight, so she'd put her last bit of clarity to a final plan. Anything after this was going to just be violence, but she figured if she devoted more to her transformation. If she fired just one arrow properly, then she could kill this giant and his followers would all run.

Her pupils would narrow and almost shift out of the human shape, as her face would crease into an angered snarl. Fangs barring, as they'd seem to grow? Similarly her horns seemed to enlarge, as their smoothness seemed to become more spiked. The most notable change though would be from the arm which drew her arrow. She'd notch the arrow into one string, but as she pulled it back, she'd notch it in the other three too? Her arm seeming to expand to almost twice it's size pulsing with inhuman strength, as her hand shifted more into that of a monsters.

Pure rage seemed to possess and empower the girl, but if anyone was too busy watching her. They'd likely miss how the bow subtly flexed from the pressure of her pull. It was barely noticeable as the complex bow was designed for her pull strength in particular, but earlier when she'd fired it'd seemed to have not even moved or held pressure when firing like a normal bow.

Aiming for his heart, she'd channel a medium amount of chakra to her arrow. Without a consideration of further negotiation or an alternative route, Momo would loose hopefully her last arrow this fight. There was a bit of relief letting her arrow fire, it brought her back to the shooting range. The satisfaction of that soft thud when a training arrow pierced hay or harden foam, it'd bring a sense of peace. In her mind she had a relaxed smile.

Reality was far different, her anger took an almost look of devious joy. The arrow let loose would be like no other, as the bow sounded like a ballista letting loose. The arrow itself would strike not the man first, but the air as the wind was redirected and span out from where the arrow pierced. It's speed and power unruly, as though the girl had turned into panzer and fired it's cannon. She'd of aimed for the heart, so there'd be all the less chance of dodging. A big target and a broad area, end this in one shot.
Weapon in Use
- Cloud Retainer

Jutsu Used:
NAME: Jushin Shotto [Core Gravity Shot]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
The user charges their arrow with dense chakra and fires it with their bow. The dense chakra is made to super-strengthen the arrow and so upon release, a big gust of win and maybe even the ground shattering beneath the user may occur. The arrow will not travel as far as a regular arrow but its piercing and shattering abilities increase tenfold. It is strong enough to piece through a solid wall of stone and keep going.

SA in Use:
Mightest Goat | Onigo KKG #1
Treated with Chakra as an infant, Momo's bodies reaction was to channel that through her bloodline. Forever scarring her with Onigo appearance of a warped skin, eye and hair color, as well as two goat like horns protruding from her head. She's however not as skilled as one might think for someone so early indoctrinated into bloodline ability. The major downside of this clan is using it's power causes one to also lose their sanity. Thus Momo whose constantly in a battle to not transform has relatively awful control in comparison to most of her clan.

That stated though, she's still incredibly skilled with the part of her she can transform. Her arms stiffen and bulge with the might of her bloodline, as the nails on her fingers become more claw like and merged with the hand. This allows her to have an incredibly easy time plucking the string of her bow, to rip forth some of the most powerful draw string strengths. As a chuunin she's also begun slowly, but less successfully transforming her feet, so she can almost stand like a mountain goat. Using only the smallest amount of space to perch herself giving her odd vantage points.

Angry Archer Elite | Bow Skill SA #2
In order to taper down her rage, Momo picked up the practice and pleasure of archery. The exercise being a constant in her life since a very young age, she's become quite the professional shot. Not only that as she's an Onigo by bloodline, she's able to accomplish strengths beyond that of most. Meaning she's trained in the art of more and more powerful bows, unintentionally this chuunin would likely break any regular persons bow. Due to this it's smart to be wary of any arrow let loose from her own mighty bows.

Words. --
Tags.
Notes.

last edit by Takehara Momo on Jul 31, 2023 9:11:16 GMT -5
Coal Train [Mission]Jul 31, 2023 21:53:56 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro stood there. I mean, there wasn't much he could do. Things moved so fast it almost felt as though time was slowing down for him. One of them brought up the fact that Momo was a killer. His eyes darted towards her, distracted by this news- She'd never told him anything about it, and he was too much of a farmboy to have heard about it himself.

Still, between his words and the sudden stomp of someone crashing into the ground in front of him. He turned his head just in time to watch a body fly past him- And behind him, the release of an arrow- A ballista like bolt carving the air next to him and flying towards the larger man.

Momo was... Well, she was certainly changing. And this beast of a man was-- Already huge.

That left him sort of in the middle, Taro that is, being the lesser of both. But he had not yet begun to fight. Swinging his blades upwards towards the threat, in a nuance with Momo, Taro tried to toss himself into the fight- Going for a swipe across the chest as he also wanted to end this threat quickly.

Of course, his attack was easily predictable if you were say, a trained soldier- His fighting was street wise, not really made for the battlefield- Which left his attack rather predictable.

But at the same time, he still had his Kawarimi up, so with any luck... If he did get dodged and hit, he'd be just fine.

He'd have to talk to Momo about the fact that she was turning into a literal demon monster before his very eyes later.
Coal Train [Mission]Aug 1, 2023 19:26:03 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
Momo fired her three arrows, each one except one hitting their marks. The bandit who had not been thrown howled as her arrow sank into his shoulder, but the giant, in a surprising show of speed and agility, managed to catch the arrow aimed at him. As for the unfortunate fellow who had been thrown, he hit the wheel with a sickening crunch, his battered body bouncing off the cart like an abandoned ragdoll before crashing to the ground where he remained motionless. With a squeeze of his massive hand, the giant splintered the arrow he'd caught, before looking at his remaining subordinate, a sneer on his face.

"If you want something done well, you have to do--" His platitude rendering was cut short, as the giant suddenly took note of the uncanny change coming over the archer. He took a ready stance, just as she let fly her arrow, the sound made by the release of the projectile something to be worried about. But Taro had rushed in, perhaps almost heedless of his own safety, as he made an attack at the giant. The large bandit parried one of the blades, while the other drew blood from his parrying arm. But it was enough. If the giant was able to catch Momo's terrible shot, no one would ever know.

The arrow missed Taro by mere centimeters, and struck a rock some distance further beyond in its flight path, the power of the shot being so strong that both rock and arrow splintered. For a moment, the giant stared at Momo, some inscrutable expression on his face. anyone who looked at his chest would see a clean hole which showed what was behind him momentarily, before blood filled it and the man keeled over. The last bandit, injured in the shoulder, took one look at the fallen man, and fled silently. It was over.

"NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M--" Gamemaru began saying at the top of his voice, when he took a look at Momo's snarling form and shut right up, quietly and slowly beginning to push the cart to indicate that he was willing to carry on the journey if they were. No need for words anymore.

|