Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was her usual training day and today she was out looking for her squadmate, Yuki Hinata making her way towards the villages training grounds. The girl would arrive an hour early like she normally would however upon arrival at their scheduled meeting place she would wait around for a moment.
[break][break]
But upon looking at a small notebook she carried with her the girl would realize that she had her dates mixed up having arrived a day earlier then expected. "Oh my this is quite embarrassing however did I make such a mistake." the girl would say with a chuckle at her foolishness
[break][break]
But now with an unexpected amount of time on her hands the girl found herself at something of a loss for what to do with the day. She had something rather specific she was aiming to practice her accuracy along with a special fuinjutsu technique. However due to Hinata not being present she'd rather not utilize such a technique on someone she didn't know.
[break][break]
Either way for the time being the girl would remain on the training grounds removing her staff from her back strap and would run a small amount of katon chakra through it. Her accuracy had been steadily improving but still wasn't as perfect as she'd like it to be, either way she'd been making progress and aim to continue that partner or not.
[break][break]
For a brief few moments she would twirl her staff a short plume of fire would rush from it as it raced towards one of the training dummies. Her objective this time however would be not to strike said target and would aim the flames upwards as to not strike them.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]226 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Aug 29, 2023 17:34:26 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
But Madame, I have to train!Aug 31, 2023 12:10:57 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday August 7th rank Elite Jounin occupation Jounin Hanchou
Mei rarely visited the training grounds these days, having long since abandoned them for her own, private space amongst the Yuki Clan’s vast holdings, but today was different. Though she preferred the empty, frigid plain of snow and ice to the village’s grounds, the Jounin Hanchou had a duty to uphold, and given her newfound reintegration into Yukigakure’s hierarchy, she felt it necessary to be see by the forces as someone who wasn’t entirely above them- her rank might put her in charge, yes, but she had seen the consequences of assuming that rank and status somehow made a person better than others. First Seika, then Saya, then Emiri, all gone, though only Seika had gone rogue. The others had just… vanished, and she had no intention of being hubris’ next victim.

So it was that the Yuki Jounin found herself at one of the village's many training grounds, running through the kata of her Hyouryuton taijutsu against a training dummy. The things were usually reserved for Genin to practice on, but no one was going to deny her the right to use it if she wanted- particularly given how hard she was hitting the thing. A right straight slammed into the dummy’s chest, and Mei brought her left arm up, instinctively blocking the spinning bar of wood that her punch sent careening for her head. She followed the block up with a shove, pushing the dummy back on its spring as she twisted her whole body around for a high kick to the head that sent a crack through the air, shattering the stand and sending the dummy tumbling, end over end, into the back of another person’s training area.

"And that is why I dislike places like this." Mei muttered, following through on her kick and twisting back around to plant her foot firmly on the ground, annoyance flashing across her face. The dummies here just weren’t strong enough to hold up under the kind of pressure she could exert, even when she was only going half speed. Letting loose a soft sigh, the Jounin slowly trotted over towards the broken dummy, sparing a glance towards the young woman who was training a short distance away, flames sprouting from her staff. She looked slightly familiar, though not enough for her to place where she knew the girl from- a teammate of one her many cousin’s, perhaps?

"Sorry for the intrusion. I’ll just… be taking this." She said, picking the mass of wood and steel she’d just demolished up with one arm, hefting it onto her shoulder. I’ll need to put in an order to improve the construction standards for training dummies. That was barely half strength.

Exousia has written 40 posts
But Madame, I have to train!Sept 13, 2023 9:23:40 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl would twirl her staff the plume of fire would shoot out in the direction of dummy and would just barely sweep past it with her staff. "Ha! Checkmate!" the girl would exclaim as she successfully managed to get her aim as on point as she could from the distance she stood from. But just as quickly as celebrated her victory she would then suddenly see a large piece of wood make her way towards the ground practically crashing in front of her starting the young woman. "Oh my..." the girl would say as she placed her hand towards her lip.
[break][break]
And she watched the large piece of wood make their way toward she'd see a white haired woman approach it to pick the large piece of wood up apologizing for seemingly interfering with her training. "Oh its no trouble at all." she would say batting her hand towards her and greeting her with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you my name is Jun...Jun Muramatsa." she'd say with a chuckle.
[break][break]
She'd watch as she picked the large piece of wood with one arm taking note of the way that the woman seemed to do so effortlessly. "She must be a taijutsu user of some sort, I wonder what discipline she must practice." the girl would think to herself as she watched her lift the item up, she had noted the woman and also wondered did she know her from somewhere...she looked familiar.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]239 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
But Madame, I have to train!Sept 14, 2023 11:57:13 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday August 7th rank Elite Jounin occupation Jounin Hanchou
Now that Mei had a chance to look, the Jounin was certain she knew the girl from somewhere. It wasn’t the hair (though she always appreciated seeing another with white hair), but the eyes that stuck out to her; a bright, warm amber, filled with life and fire, so unlike her own, frigid blue. She did know this girl from somewhere, or at least those eyes.

"Ah, so that’s where I recognize you from." The Hanchou said, more to herself than anything else, her voice flat despite the fact that she was pleased to put the puzzle together. "You applied for the Diplomatic Corps recently, no?" The Yuki paused then, head tilting to one side as she rapidly went through her mental list of appointments for the day- and cracked a small, rare smile, her face lighting up as she hefted her training dummy, letting its weight settle on her shoulder.

"My name is Mei, Mei Minamoto. We’re supposed to meet later, actually, to go over your application." That was one of the things she had been tasked with handling, now that she was back; bringing the Diplomats up to snuff, both in numbers and in skill. Shuka had been rather insistent on it, actually. "Though I suppose we could speak about it now, since we’re already here."

But Madame, I have to train!Sept 30, 2023 11:17:28 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As Jun watched the woman heft up the large training dummy with Ease it was safe to say that Jun was very much curious as to what training methods it was that she had employed. But before she had a chance to speak the woman would address her asking if she had recently applied to the diplomacy corps.
[break][break]
By the way her brow furrow it would appear that the woman seemed to have recognized her name and when she was told who she was the girls mind would click into place. "Ah you're one of the senior members, its a pleasure to make your acquaintance." the girl would say incredibly eager to meet one of her superiors. "Yes, of course I don't mind discussing it. I was in the middle of training but if you have the time I can spare a moment or two." the youth would say there was a great degree of eagerness in the woman's voice she'd been working with the diplomacy corps for some time now and had recently been encouraged by the Yuki lady to apply for a higher position.
[break][break]
She initially would've been taken in as a herald but her application listed a great deal of experience having already traveled out of the country on two separate occasions in order to establish domestic relations, with one instance involving the placating of shinobi in combat. However regardless of what position she'd receive she was happy to take on whatever position was offered to her.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]250 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Sept 30, 2023 11:17:54 GMT -5
But Madame, I have to train!Sept 30, 2023 15:27:28 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Mei nodded at Jun’s reply, glancing at the scorch marks on the ground, replaying the moment before she walked up in her head, working out a rough idea of what the girl was trying to do. Practicing her aim, more than likely, though whether or not the girl had managed to do what she intended was unclear- there were scorch marks on the ground, but the dummy she was using hadn’t been touched by any fire that she could tell. Perhaps working on her control?

"I don’t see why we can’t do both." She said once the girl was finished speaking, lowering the broken training dummy on her shoulder to the ground as she spoke. "A live target will help you work on controlling those flames much better than a dummy." A fair bit more dangerous for the person training with her, as people didn’t take to fire but… well. She wasn’t exactly worried about being burned. Not with the ice she could summon anyway.

Mei paused, shifting herself into a loose, semi-formal stance, one hand folded behind her back, the other held forward, palm facing in, knees bent slightly, every muscle relaxed yet ready to move at a moment’s notice- not her usual method of fighting, but this was a different kind of spar, and it required a different style, one looser and more focused on avoiding attacks than powering through them.

"Tell me why you want to be a full Diplomat, Muramatsa-san."

But Madame, I have to train!Oct 15, 2023 12:57:34 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the older woman set down her training dummy she offered to help Jun with her training by being a live target, something that would be of a great benefit to her. "Yes Ma'm!" with that Jun would ready her staff once again and would toss a small flame in the woman's direction aiming to strike her with a portion of the flame in the small corner of her shin as not to severely wound her.
[break][break]
As this went on she would be questioned by the older woman in regards to just what it was that she wanted to do in the diplomacy corps. She would then answer rather promptly. "I want to aid the village as best I can and feel that the diplomacy corps allows me to do so in a way that also allows me to do so based on my specialties." her answer was short and concise she was fairly certain of what she wanted and felt that it built on the proper foundations of her abilities. "Diplomacy requires tactics and knowledge and what better to put it to use." she'd add a rather studious response.
[break][break]
Jun was not opposed to violence but if it could be helped any chance to avoid it is a preferred option. After regaining her bearings she would once again toss another ring of flame towards her instructor hoping that it would strike her. Accuracy was something she'd been building towards for quite some time and was eager to keeping putting it to the test.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]224 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Oct 15, 2023 12:57:52 GMT -5
But Madame, I have to train!Oct 15, 2023 20:46:15 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
When Jun threw out her first blast of fire, Mei didn’t move out of the way so much as flow around it, side-stepping with a deftness befitting her decades of experience and, without missing a beat, threw an attack back at the girl. It was just a jab, and she was actually a few inches out of range to hit the girl- but Jun was a Genin, and this was a very fast punch coming at her face. If the girl didn’t dodge, or at least try to, she’d be very surprised.

"A noble desire," the Yuki woman said once her punch was withdrawn, resetting to the same stance as the girl reoriented. "But not an answer. Not really." She didn’t need to hear the platitudes, didn’t care to be fed the same bullshit rhetoric she had heard and seen and spat out a thousand times before.

The girl flung another ring of flame at her before she answered, and again Mei avoided it, this time twisting out of the way of the strike by bending out of its path, arching her back until she was nearly horizontal- and the instant the fire cleared her face she was up, throwing a rising right-hook that would, once again, swing past the girl’s face… this time much closer, perhaps half an inch this time.

"Tell me why you want to be a part of the Corps."

But Madame, I have to train!Oct 19, 2023 10:13:50 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]After the girl spoke a punch was thrown her way Jun would raise up her staff in order to try and intercept it but would find that it was quick and she only grazed her arm causing it to slide up and collide with her forehead which would prompt her to drop backwards and land on her back but she'd attempt to deftly try and recover rolling into the fall and rising back up. By this point her instructor had attempted to ask her to give her the true reason for wanting to join the diplomacy corps but to Jun there was nothing more to really say that was the truth.
[break][break]
"I don't understand Ma'm that is my reason, I do also wish to explore and learn of other cultures but isn't that secondary to the task at hand?" the girl would say a rather dutiful answer. "I suppose if you wished for a more verbose answer then I would mention how it also suits my interest, I fancy myself something of a scholar and have a proud obsession with learning and am intrigued by the possibility of being able to educate myself on other subjects by traveling to other lands."
[break][break]
The girl would do her best to contain how much she gushes in front of her superior not wanting to come off as unprofessional as she spoke about her passion. She would smile to her rather bashfully "My apologies for not "cutting to the chase" as they say." the girl would remark bowing apologetically. "Now then shall we continue?" her expression would switch back to a serious one and she would ready herself for her next attack.
[break][break]
With that Jun would then attempt to activate her dojutsu causing her pupils to split apart forming the shape of a tilde with two dots one on the top left and the other on the bottom right. Using her accuracy the Muramatsan would attempt to try and use the great weight seal technique on the woman's clothing in an effort to try and weight her down and perhaps give herself the chance to better attack the woman was fast but so were her abilities and hopefully she'd be able to properly pin her down.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]373 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Oct 19, 2023 10:14:31 GMT -5
But Madame, I have to train!Oct 19, 2023 11:31:33 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Mei saw the girl’s attempt at blocking fail, the force behind her punch enough to send her staff up into Jun’s forehead, the residual momentum putting the Murmatsa girl flat on her back. She popped up quick enough though, clearly not done, and began to answer her question in a more earnest, honest manner, almost gushing with how much passion she put into her words.

"I wanted to know why you cared, Muramatsa-san." The Yuki woman said, maintaining her stance as she looked down at the girl, face impassive but not emotionless. Her time away from the village had given her a great deal more perspective about things- especially when it came to diplomacy. "Being a Diplomat is about more than doing your duty. You have to care, Jun. About your village, yes, but about the other side as well."

Mei paused, blinking in surprise as the girl’s eyes shifted to a different appearance, the smell of smoke filling her nostrils for the briefest of moments before she stepped forward, oddly weighed down. The Muramatsa had an unusual Doujutsu, she knew that much, but was this what it could do? Her clothes felt… heavy, somehow. Not so heavy as to be unmanageable, but enough to make her a step or two slower. Huh.

"I assume this was you?" The Hanchou asked, genuinely curious as she moved in towards the Genin, once more throwing a quick, precise jab at the girl’s face, albeit this time slowed by her weighted clothing and limited by her own control. "What did you do?"

But Madame, I have to train!Nov 18, 2023 16:31:45 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The woman would once again give her more of a lecture stating that the job simply is about just the village but about caring in general for both sides of the individuals involved. Jun had figured that was a given but admittedly did favor her village over most other places having their best interest at heart but she may have had a point being genuine more than likely was what was best in this scenario and it was something that she should consider taking under advisement. "I believe I understand Ma'm." the young Muramatsan would state.
[break][break]
As she landed her ability a small flutter of joy would enter her heart excited at having landed her technique however this didn't seem to deter her instructor not by any means. She would ask if the technique the woman had used was hers and Jun would nod. "Yes Ma'm. It's a special technique of my clan it allows us to form Fuinjutsu much like a brand." as the woman would bring her fist up towards her Jun would attempt to deflect it with her staff.
[break][break]
She'd attempt to tap it in an effort to deflect it however even if it were to only veer slightly off course the girl would steel feel the brunt of her fist against the girls check which would naturally prompt her to cover her face. She hadn't experienced much combat and normally relied of traps to disable to disorient her foes allowing her to pick them off more effectively after having isolated her opponents.
[break][break]
Now she could feel the adrenaline running through her body, blows would come her way but she wouldn't focus on its pain as much somewhat more eager taking another stance with her staff and crafting another seal right in between her self and her teacher, once the brand was set her teacher may notice a small series of seals attempting to reach out and ensnare her, with her speed it may not be to effective however it would still possibly deter her to a degree.
[break][break]

[break][break]
NAME: Kinbaku [Bind Tightly]
[break]
[break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
[break]
ELEMENT: -
[break]
HANDSEALS: 3
[break]
DESCRIPTION:
[break]
After three hand-seals, the user will slap both hands on the ground and summon an intricate spherical seal on the ground, ten meters in diameter, with the user at the epicenter. Anyone or anything standing on the ground within ten meters is then sealed to the ground itself, locking their feet in place. They will be stuck in place until the seal is broken, which can be achieved by destroying the ground it is summoned on. People who were not inside the range can move over the surface of the seal once it's been summoned without any issue.
[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]340 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Nov 18, 2023 16:32:47 GMT -5
But Madame, I have to train!Dec 30, 2023 22:45:43 GMT -5
Minamoto Mei
Minamoto Mei Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"I see." Mei said, nodding once as the girl explained her technique. She had heard of the Muramatsa’s ocular prowess, but hearing an explanation of their ability paled in comparison to actually experiencing what it could do. Already, her mind raced with the possibilities; a child like Jun, if given the proper time, could learn to lock down an enemy’s chakra network, or brand their clothes with an explosive seal, or a thousand other things. Including, apparently, applying weight seals to a person’s clothes.

Still, the added weight and resistance did little to alter the outcome of their exchange; the Genin managed to bring her staff up, attempting to deflect her jab to the side with a tap, but it lacked both the force and skill to do much more than shift her arm a few millimeters to the side. And so fist met flesh, the Muramatsa girl’s left cheekbone rattling beneath her jab, even with her holding back and weighed down.

The white-haired Jounin didn’t push her advantage, allowing the Genin a moment to recover- but now, with the knowledge of what the girl could do, she was able to catch the moment her eyes shifted, and instinctively moved, immediately launching to the side at full speed using Kasoku Soru, then a few meters to the girl’s right utilizing its sister technique, Gensoku Soru. Her hands did not remain still during this time, blurring through six seals in the span of a single second, each one flowing with the fluid grace befitting her status as she took in a single breath, kneading Hyouton chakra in her gut before expelling it out in a wide, expansive cloud. She had tested the girl’s offense- now, she needed to see how she handled being put on the defensive.

"Hyōryuton: Hyōryu no Hōkō."

Combat Info
Jutsu Used:
NAME: Kasoku Suru [Accelerate]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION: A very simple technique, by using chakra the user is able to instantly accelerate their selves to their max speed. This can be done in just about any condition, but any techniques that slow the user's movement (such as armor from jutsu or most jutsu that might slow an individual) will still affect them.

NAME: Gensoku Suru [Decelerate]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION: The opposite to accelerate, decelerate effectively allows the user to instantly disperse all their momentum and stop on a dime as it were. This technique however can only be used for movement and the user must be touching the ground. This can not stop the user from taking damage from a fall nor can it stop their movement when being hit from an attack.

NAME: Hyōryuton: Hyōryu no Hōkō [Ice Dragon Style: Ice Dragon’s Roar]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Hyōton
HANDSEALS: Six
DESCRIPTION: A technique where Hyōton chakra is kneaded in the stomach and then released through the mouth in a cloud of highly condensed cold air, Hyōryu no Hōkō is a simplified version of the Hyōryu no Gekido technique, and as such runs off of the same principles, but with the added caveat that it is much, much smaller, covering only a scant five meter by five meter by one meter area and creating a temperature of only about -90 Celsius (or about -130 Fahrenheit), which can cause to severe frostbite with only a few seconds of exposure.