What Doesn't Kill You...

compose a reply
What Doesn't Kill You...Sept 6, 2023 19:44:44 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Yeaaa! You're not all that tough now, are ya?
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/3 rank Genin occupation
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]So much time had passed since his participation in the Chuunin exams, yet it seemed so little had happened. Goro had remained diligent, sticking tight to his studies and working hard to gain repertoire within the village as someone of confidence and consistency. The world around him seemed to vaguely recall from time to time that Goro was, in fact, only ten years of age. They saw how far he had come and how quickly he had risen to the feats of strength that he now possessed, and that was all that glittered in their eyes.

His parents were no exception to this rule, though they were accepting him more and more as a ninja than ever before. Their relationship with Goro, though minute, was changing day by day. They seemed to actually sit down and have dinner together every now and then–something that was, ironically, off the table before.

Goro spoke with Kokuo from time to time, though their conversations were admittedly hidden behind niceties and stifled canned responses. Outside of the Gobi’s company, Taki was his saving grace. As it turned out, being hardworking had its drawbacks. Many his age were only now entering their Genin days, so for him to be advancing to Chuunin before long was somewhat unheard of. Goro liked to tell himself he earned it, but a darker part of himself also felt like he just fell into it like some deep, dark pit–forever stuck at the bottom only to stare up at the lost potential of a brighter life left behind.

The young boy stood silently in place, his typical goofy grin dulling the sun over Iwagakure as he waited patiently for Taki–or not so patiently for anyone who knew his poker face on a hyperactive day.

Just where was she, anyway?

Albeit, he was incredibly early–maybe a good fifteen minutes? The world wasn’t waiting around for him, why should he wait for her? Goro huffed, taking out a ChocoRock candy bar from his duffle bag and helping himself to an early snack. They were his favorite, and it would….be a shame…if it melted in the hot heat of the day.

The two of them were supposed to train today…or something along those lines. Training usually entailed her beating him up in some way, but if the overall goal was for him to get stronger and be able to take hits that were actually meant to maim him, that was definitely something he was okay with taking.

mint has written 211 posts
What Doesn't Kill You...Sept 7, 2023 9:40:18 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

Taki would make her way out of her home set and ready for the day she had a lot on her mind, but a lot of that went to the back of her head when she remember she was going to get to spend the day to the closest thing she had to a kid brother that she had always wanted.

Goro kept pestering her to train and she couldn't say no to him, she'd get up earlier than usual and get her own training done inside of the gym and after she was done she'd strap on her jacket and head over towards her Uncle's food truck. "Hey Uncle, Jou you got any ice cream left?" she'd ask as she approached the truck.

"I got enough for two scoops." her overweight uncle would state as he looked for his scoop. "Dats poifect." the girl would say as she handed the cash to him. "Comin right up sweetheart." the girl would wait and get her two frozen scoops eating hers as she made her way towards the base of the mountain where she'd see his blonde tuft a hair.

"Eyy got a surprise for ya!" the girl would walk past and hand him a scoop of his ice cream to go with his candy. "C'mon eat ya snacks and den let's get too it alright?" the girl would say as she'd sit on a rock and wait for him to finish.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

241 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
What Doesn't Kill You...Sept 14, 2023 18:40:41 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[newclass=.goropost]text-align:justify; font:400 12px/18px open sans;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost b]color: var(--slaccent);[/newclass][newclass=.goropost i]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost s]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.6;[/newclass][newclass=.goropost u]color: var(--slaccent); opacity: 0.4;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[attr="class","goropost"]The young Okadan boy’s eyes would light up as soon as he saw the familiar silhouette of his cousin, Taki, strutting her way down the streets of Iwagakure and nearing his position. He continued to munch away at his candy bar, already feeling the overwhelming effects of the sugar within bolting through his system. Nothing was better in the world than a ChocoRock before a good training session…or after…or both.

As Taki got closer, he stood a bit taller, his neck teetering to get a glance at what she was carrying, his mouth aiming at the ice cream in her hands, lips opening slightly like he was already savoring it. Like the good boy he was, Goro waited until he was actually offered the ice cream before begging or simply assuming it was his. The smile on his face was glowing. "Thank ya, sis! I owe ya!” Goro, the freak that he was, then continued to dip the half-eaten ChocoRock into the ice cream and then take a giant bite from it. A sigh escaped his soul as if it had simply left him out of sheer enjoyment. "Oooh yea.” He shivered.

His eyes would perk up a bit after having rolled back in his head from the taste. "Hope you've been doin' alright. We got somethin’ special in mind today or what??”

What Doesn't Kill You...Sept 26, 2023 8:15:33 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

Taki would look towards the boy as she arrived ruffling his hair and handing him the ice cream and she's proceed to watch him dip into his ice cream cone. "Aww,c'mon with vanilla ice cream...at least do it wit like some cookies n cream or somethin." the girl would say shaking her head. After he finished eating his little treat He would ask her what they were going to be working on today. "Well I've been seein you got them gates up...so I need ta see if you can help me wit somethin." the girl would say as she shed off her jacket.

The girl would give him instruction."See I found dis here technique dat allows ya to really take some punishment if'n ya flex ya muscles right and you're da hardest hitta I know. So I was wonderin if ya could help a goil out." the girl would say with a smile to her cousin as she looked him over.

"De idea is dat if ya flex ya muscles in da right way you can hold awf pretty much anythin...I was gonna teach it ta you but I kinda gotta figa out how it woiks foist...so c'man hit me as hard as ya can." the girl would say as she stood in a particular stance and flexed the muscles along her body. "I tink dis it how dis woiks...?"

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

NAME: Tekken: Tetsu-tai [Iron Fist: Iron Body]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
Taking use of the user’s incredible durability and strength this technique is used to protect from physical strikes. By coiling their muscles the user builds up energy, which is then released by flexing the part of their body that is struck. This release of force works to overshadow the strike of their opponent, dissipating most of the force by matching it with their own. Of course the user needs to pinpoint where their opponent will strike beforehand so they can properly prepare.

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

232 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
What Doesn't Kill You...Oct 11, 2023 18:41:25 GMT -5
Okada Goro
Okada Goro Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
[attr="class","goropost"]Goro giggled a bit at Taki’s response, "Aye, you’re da one who got vanilla. I gotta make due wit what I got, ya know?” He finished his treats and hopped up, rubbing his stomach with a huge grin and letting out a belch far too big for his size.

"Sounds like a pretty cool technique….I been tryin to work on my defense a bit anyways. I wouldn’t mind watchin ya learn how so maybe I can practice some later too.” He said, stretching a bit and pumping himself up with the prospect of training. It wasn’t too often that he got to help Taki with her own training. It was finally starting to feel like maybe he was amounting to something after all.

"Hehe, don’t gotta ask me twice to lay a free one on ya!” The young Okadan boy took her position, waiting for his cousin to take her stance before unleashing a fairly strong punch to her core when it seemed as though she was ready. His blue eyes gazed upward a bit as if to ask how it felt. "Well, was dat good or ya wantin’ it harder?” He laughed a bit, ironically having a bit too much fun punching his cousin.