The Strong Fist & The Gentle Fist [Raika]Oct 3, 2023 16:43:05 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
372 words

TRAINING RAIKA: D-RANK EXP: 8/8 complete
TRAINING HON: C-RANK HAKKE SANJŪNI SHŌ [EIGHT TRIGRAMS THIRTY-TWO PALM] - 8/8 complete

Using her leg on Honno's shoulder, she pulls up hard with her leg muscles to leap over Honno's back and land on the ground behind him. She honestly felt pretty good about landing a surprise attack on a Jounin, even though she could tell that he was slowly reopening his own tenketsu points. She blinks as she watches him do it, and then eventually starts to imitate how he himself is doing it so that she can open up her own closed up tenketsu points without needing much help. When she had been younger, she'd been forced to just let them eventually open again on their own, and it had been a form of punishment. Now, the genin was learning how to undo the work of the Hyuuga's own fighting style, albeit it was a lengthy process as well. It was just faster than letting the closed tenketsu open again on their own.

"Didn't they ever teach you that even after you close the tenketsu, that you shouldn't let your guard down completely in combat?"

Now it was Raika's turn to smile down at Honno, and she helped to make sure to open some more of his tenketsu points, finding it odd to do, but no less natural than when she'd been a child and learning how to close the tenketsu with her chakra. It was just a similar movement, but done with a different intention. That said, she doesn't stop until his tenketsu are fully unlocked before she steps back again and crosses her arms to show that she's actually completely out of the spar, giving him a big grin at having hit him quite hard with that last technique.

"What they taught me in that exile was that I can't rely on my family, or on what I learn from my family, in order to survive. I had to take the strongest any particular style has, make it my own, and then discard what doesn't work. See?"

After that, she starts heading back to her own room in the compound, scoffing right back at the Hyuuga elders that scoff at her, but otherwise ignoring them. The old folks would just have to get used to the changes started by Shigure.

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 255 posts