LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSU

compose a reply
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUOct 23, 2023 4:05:20 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

I COULD EAT THE WORLD RAW

Daichi’s efforts were continuing apace. He was barely sleeping, buzzing with energy over what he was accomplishing: after feeling stagnant for so long, he was finally making strides in the right direction.

But there was still work to be done before he could truly claim mastery of this skill. His sensitivity to chakra fluctuations was improving, to the point where he’d come to realize that there was an odd, subtle shift in the flow of a person’s chakra network when they were under the effect of a genjutsu. It was something he’d only caught once or twice in passing, when the academy instructors were demonstrating for their students, and he needed to study it in more detail.

Nohime Ouritsu was a chuunin from Iwagakure and one of their burgeoning talents in the field of genjutsu. It had taken a little effort, but Daichi had a couple of contacts in Iwagakure and was eventually put in touch with the other boy. As luck would have it, they were able to schedule a training day. Daichi was bound to Kirigakure’s gates by duty—he couldn’t justify leaving Toru’s side for a long-haul trip to Tsuchi no Kuni for anything so basic as training—but Ouritsu was able to gain permission to travel to Kiri. Problem solved.

They were in the publicly-accessible training grounds attached to the Kaguya compound: relatively isolated and free from prying eyes. Hoshi napped in a sun puddle while Mushi begged a nearby genin team for snacks. Daichi was stretching as though preparing for physical activity, though he knew full well that this would be a day of purely mental exercise.

"You’re working on—what, using multiple genjutsu at the same time, right?” He tilted his head, considering the prospect. "You must have incredible chakra control. That sounds hard.

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 260 posts
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUOct 27, 2023 12:42:33 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
bleed it out

The driving force behind Ouritsu wanting to promote to chunin all those years ago was the loosening of the leash in regards to travel and though he hadn't gotten a lot of it done having the ability to leave the confines of Iwa and the country was great. Granted, he had to do some finagling to come out all this way by himself but given the circumstances and it being to an allied village permission was eventually granted. He didn't know a whole lot about Kiri other than the stories about it being covered in fog all the time which seemed like a terrible place to try and live, but thankfully it hadn't been that bad in his time here; mornings were the worst but other than that it was just a slight haze throughout the day.

Sightseeing wasn't the true purpose of his visit, however, but instead training. Ouritsu had been working on perfecting another skill within his genjutsu proficiency and had made some decent progress after a chance meeting with the Yuki Lady during the most recent chunin exams, but finding willing participants for this kind of training was... difficult. Genjutsu wasn't the most popular subject and a lot of people balked at the idea of having their heads messed with so it was always a pain in the butt to train. Weirdly enough word had reached the Nohime of a shinobi all the way in Kiri who was needing some form of genjutsu training and without asking too many questions Ouritsu jumped at the chance.

The two had met up at the training grounds and while the chunin was doing some very light stretching there was not going to be much in the way of physical exercise today. "Yeah, I think they call it layered genjutsu or something, but basically the same thing." He replied thinking on how tough learning this ability was compared to lingering. Setting up one technique to trigger right after another was more or less just timing, but this required the two techniques to mesh well together on top of getting the timing right. "Between Jinton and genjutsu it's pretty much all control, control, control, so it's something I've been working at since the academy days." Ouritsu added with a nod. It'd be impossible to do almost any of this stuff without a lot of control and everyone from his teachers to elders in the clan drilled those concepts into him early and often.

"So, I'm still getting the hang of this stuff so they may not be the smoothest attempts but the goal is to fire off a couple techniques as close together as possible to work on timing. Sound good? Also, I promise to not use any mind melting stuff." The Nohime chuckled. He always had to give that disclaimer.

words - - notes
(C) ELLIE @ GANGNAM STYLE
Kata has written 322 posts
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUOct 29, 2023 6:13:51 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

Some might have accused Daichi of having a taste for pain, given how much he seemed to end up on the receiving end of people’s technique experimentations, but the truth was that he was simply hungry for knowledge, and willing to muscle through just about anything to learn what he wanted to learn. Having his head messed with for a few hours seemed comparatively stress-free when he thought about the beatings he’d taken in recent weeks.

"Dust Release!” Daichi said, his visible emerald eye lighting up with excitement. He hadn’t tracked it initially, but of course Nohime Ouritsu would be of the Nohime clan. He’d never seen the Kekkei Tota in action, but he’d heard rumors of its incredible power, and was intensely fascinated by the concept. "Yeah, no wonder, then. Just sensory is stressful enough for my chakra control, all that on top of it would be insane.”

Daichi laughed at the disclaimer, waving it off without concern. "Hey, if you need to test out some more hardcore stuff, I’ll be fine as long as I’m alive at the end of the day,” he said brightly. "I’m just trying to get down my ability to sense when I’ve been hit with a genjutsu, like how it impacts my chakra network, so I’ll let you know how things are interacting internally.” Hopefully. He was boldly estimating his own ability to get the hang of this quickly. "I know Kai, but I’m pretty mediocre at it, so I’ll say something if I need to tap out.”

The muscle memory of opening his Mind’s Eye was getting easier over time, though the information overload was only slightly less overwhelming. He focused in on himself instead of his surroundings, tuning out the barrage of chakra signatures from Kirigakure writ large in favor of honing in on his own.

"Ready when you are.”

LAIKA OF THQ
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUOct 30, 2023 14:28:06 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out
So the guy was a sensor as well, eh? Come to think of it, knowing where his opponents would be would definitely make hitting targets easier. Ouritsu would tuck that little nugget of knowledge away for later; perhaps he'd be the one asking for training next time. To the matter at hand however, Daichi assured him that so long as he was still breathing at day's end then there was no need to veer away from the stronger stuff. It was a nice sentiment and maybe if the Nohime had gotten this ability down a little better by this point he might have tried his hand at something, but considering he was a guest in the village the last thing he wanted to do was cause trouble.

"I'll keep that in mind. Might break something out after we get warmed up." The boy replied with a chuckle. The plan was fairly simple: lay a couple genjutsu on his training partner for him to get a feel on how it was impacting him and in return he'd be able to let Ouritsu know if his work on layering them was going as smoothly as he hoped. "Gotcha. Let's get it going then."

The chunin thought for a few moments on which two techniques to start with and he recalled his conversation with the Yuki Lady who imparted that the jutsu used needed to pair well with each other. It wasn't enough to simply slap two genjutsu together as even if the target didn't have an easy way out of them if their effects countered each other the synergy would be thrown off. Full immersion was the name of the game.

Raising one foot off the ground the boy would stomp it down creating multiple after images as if he were moving at high speed then shortly after would emit a high pitched whistle that would begin to spin the very world around Daichi, even flipping it for good measure. His goal for this combination was making it extremely difficult to keep up with all the after images to the point of disorientation, though it did admittedly feel a little awkward trying to whistle after stomping his foot on the ground and the timing did feel a bit off.

NAME: Ichimokusan [As Fast As One Can Go]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
After stamping one's foot, the user will cast a Genjutsu upon their opponent where it will appear as if they can move at speeds that match those who use the Eight Gates. Countless after images will begin to move about them, the user seemingly moving about in such a fashion that the opponents eyes simply cannot keep up, when in truth the user is completely unseen. It can be seen through by those who use Doujutsu.

NAME: Kousou [Fighting Confused]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very Low | To Maintain: Very Low
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
After a shrill whistle, the user will cast a Genjutsu over their opponent. After they hear the whistle, it will seem as if the world around them begins to spin. Everything turning upside down, making them almost unable to move without falling over. Leaving the opponent extremely disorientated.

words - - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUNov 2, 2023 17:01:26 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Knowing that he was about to be put under a series of genjutsu made it a lot easier to tell what was going on. The same visual distortion that would cause confusion and panic in a battlefield scenario made more sense in a safe, logical setting, and the visual confirmation that something was happening made it easier to connect to the technique’s influence on his chakra network.

Ouritsu flickered into many versions of himself, moving at impossibly high speeds: at just the same time, Daichi felt the impact on his chakra somewhere around what he assumed was his optical nerve. Trigger, chakra, effect. Made sense. Just as he was making sense of that, though, a shrill whistle punctured his eardrum, and the world around him began to spin violently. Tentatively he tried to take a step forward, but found himself so incredibly disoriented that his foot hit the ground wrong, and his ankle gave in on itself with the movement, nearly sending him toppling over.

He closed his eyes, trying to shut out the visual stimulus and focus purely on his own chakra network. It was useful, he thought, to liken it to poison entering his system: the invasion of foreign chakra like a thick purple sludge worming its way through his veins. The sludge slipped in through his eye socket and was now also making its way through his ear, coiling up in his mind like contented, sunbathing snakes.

The urge to attempt to kai out of the techniques was strong, but this was as much for Ouritsu’s training as it was for his, and Daichi forced himself to open his eyes despite how unpleasant the experience was.

"I think they’re both holding,” Daichi said, looking blearily at his surroundings. "Can you add a third, is that possible?”

LAIKA OF THQ

LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUNov 14, 2023 13:56:26 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out
Ouritsu felt that his timing could have been better, that he was thinking too hard about finding the correct synergy of techniques to layer instead of just letting things flow as they may. Genjutsu wasn't an end all be all field of technique but a means to a more finite ending which in his case was Jinton. It was a slow forming ninjutsu that damn near required targets to be standing still --for the smaller techniques anyway-- and he needed something to take his opponents attention off of what he was doing; genjutsu fit that bill perfectly. Even if it was just for a few moments that generally gave the boy enough time to get his next jutsu off.

With that said, he could feel that things were holding steady for the moment and was even given confirmation by Daichi before being asked if another genjutsu could be added. Ouritsu had no idea. The ability was to layer techniques but there hadn't been anything he came across that said it could only be two. It did feel a bit overkill to trap someone in three separate genjutsu all at once, and the concentration it would take on his end also seemed intense, but he was willing to give it a shot. "Uh.. never tried, but let's see what happens!"

Now the Nohime had to think about which jutsu he could pile on top of the other two that wouldn't put too much stress on either himself or his training partner. He still had to remember that melting Daichi's brain was off the board so it had to be something simple. "Ok ok, how bout this one." Ouritsu spoke as he fished a kunai from his pack. He'd begin waving it in front of Daichi's face to try and lock him in another technique, though considering all the afterimages and the spinning world he was currently experiencing it probably wasn't too easy to locate. However, before that could even be a possibility the strain of having to concentrate three techniques worth of chakra simultaneously proved to be too much for the Ouritsu and he could feel his grip on them slipping quickly. "Uh oh. Shit shit shit." He wasn't quite sure what to do at this point but before long the jutsu would begin to fizzle out as there was one too many proverbial plates stacked on top of each other. "Sorry about that, I guess the limit is two. How you feeling?"

NAME: Konoha-Ryū Yanagi - [Leaf-Style Willow]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
ELEMENT: N/A
TRIGGER: Weapon Movement (Sight)
DESCRIPTION:
The user waves their sword or other weapon back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down.

words -  - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUJan 15, 2024 5:57:28 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Daichi caught a bleary glimpse of Ouritsu waving something in front of him—a kunai, probably, though it was hard to tell—and the slip-slide of more foreign chakra entering his system Oddly enough, it felt like it was pushing out the techniques that were already in effect, as if there wasn’t enough room for them to exist in tandem. Just as quickly, through, he felt all three of the techniques eject from his mind, melting away like so much snow after rain.

Daichi bent over, his hands on his knees as he breathed in deep. "I feel like I’m gonna throw up,” he said, laughing hoarsely. "Jeez. I kind of want to know what the brain-melting techniques feel like, if this is you going easy on me.”

Once he felt like he was able to stand up straight, he did, and rubbed his forehead to will away the headache that was starting to grow there. "Alright, um… I don’t know that two is the limit, actually. It’s kind of hard to describe, but it felt like—a genjutu affects a specific chakra pathway, right? Like you’re influencing what I can see or hear or feel. The third technique felt like it was overriding the first technique, like I can’t have two instances of foreign chakra in the same section of my pathways. One’s just gonna push the other out.” He was just making his headache worse, trying to explain what he had felt. He didn’t even use genjutsu, he barely knew what he was talking about.

"You can go again,” he said after a moment. "I’m good to go.”

LAIKA OF THQ
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUJan 17, 2024 11:00:52 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out

All things considered given Daichi's reaction the combination of the initial two techniques had been a success, but as the man explained from his point of view the trouble had begun when Ouritsu introduced a third genjutsu that conflicted with the chakra of one of the previous one's. Well it was at least proof of concept that two may not have been the limit on the number of techniques that could be layered, but even so the chunin still had to deal with the main issue that he had discussed with the Yuki Lady during the chunin exams a while back: the techniques had to synergize well less they conflict with each other and all fall apart.

"Sorry about that, they generally aren't too bad individually, guess I didn't account for how wild they can be together." The chunin replied clasping his hands together in apology. Given how difficult it was to find a training partner when it came to genjutsu the last thing the Nohime wanted to do was put one out of commission, especially considering how far he had had to travel. "Hmm right right, like trying to look left and right at the same time, brain can't comprehend it so something's gotta give." It was the best way he could interpret Daichi's explanation without getting bogged down into theory and unnecessary specifics.

Soon enough the man would give the go ahead for another attempt but now with the added knowledge of needing to use jutsu that didn't affect the same sense. "Alrighty round two!" Ouritsu would exclaim as he interlocked his fingers in front of him. Should the technique take hold Daichi would see the chunin run through a set of seals before creating a jinton cube when in reality the Iwa-nin was performing a completely different set of handseals. "Good day for training, though it is quite bright." He'd add as the intensity of the sun would make it tougher for Daichi to see, almost as if it were facing him in every direction he turned thus making it more difficult to keep track of the illusory cube that was steadily resting between the man's hands.

The mild nuisance techniques were just as important as the brain scrambling ones so it was important to practice those as well, besides it wouldn't hurt to give the Kiri-nin a small respite from having the very world flipped every which way.

NAME: Ato Rigen [Pride Cometh Before The Fall]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
DESCRIPTION:
There is nothing better than outsmarting one's opponent. This Genjutsu seeks to play on that. A visual Genjutsu that is activated by seeing the user interlocking their fingers, from there the technique begins. It will appear as though the target is performing a Ninjutsu technique that is most familiar to the user. If a target is someone who does not utilize any handseals, this will not affect them.

In reality, the visual Genjutsu masks the user's hands, free to do whatever: throw a Kunai, perform a different technique, whatever would please them.

---

NAME: Nimo Paachiri! [Too Bright!]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 6
DESCRIPTION:
A simplistic Genjutsu. It simply makes it so, that when a target is caught in its grasp, all light perceived by the target seems more intolerable than before, brighter, as though the sun is facing their direction, making it harder to see. This technique is triggered by the target(s) hearing the words "it's quite bright,"

words -  - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUJan 21, 2024 4:25:55 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

"I’m also just not really used to dealing with genjutsu,” Daichi confessed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I’m support-line, mostly, so I haven’t run into it too much. It’s good experience, though, I appreciate it.” And his appreciation was sincere: much like his training exercise with Masshiro, it was an opportunity to learn, even if it meant he had to deal with some less-than-pleasant experiences in the meantime. Everything he got to practice in a vacuum would prepare him for something similar in the field, and the more prepared he was, the calmer and more collected he would be in the heat of the moment.

So the logic went, anyway. Trying to logic away his nausea didn’t actually work, so he just had to muscle through.

Ouritsu called the start of round two, so Daichi focused, pushing his aches to the background and focusing on the man in front of him. He felt the genjutsu take hold, chakra running through the part of the network associated with his vision; he lasered in on that feeling, trying to understand it as he watched the long series of handseals that Ouritsu performed. A cube began to form in front of him—a dust release technique? Daichi was curious to see it in action, though he felt sweat trickle down the back of his neck at the thought of it being used against him—

His train of thought was abruptly cut off by Ouritsu’s comment, his voice laced through with chakra. Again Daichi felt the sensation of the genjutsu taking hold, and this time the techniques stacked neatly on top of each other, mingling in his mind like an especially irritating cocktail.

"All good,” Daichi said, once again closing his eyes, this time to stave off the intensely bright sunlight that threatened to blind him. "They’re both holding, both stable.”

LAIKA OF THQ

LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUJan 23, 2024 21:07:38 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out
Hearing that the two genjutsu were holding steady brought a smile to Ouritsu's face and while more study would need to be done on the number of techniques that could be layered --in theory five for each of the senses-- the chunin now felt confident that going forward he would have little issue stacking two techniques. But even if that didn't work he had already gained the ability to have a second genjutsu lying in wait if someone managed to break free from the first, something that had come in handy over the years for continually slowing down his opponent long enough for his more damage dealing techniques to hit their mark.

With a seal the Nohime would end the dual techniques that had been assaulting Daichi's senses causing the harsh light to fade and the cube of jinton that he had seen forming disappear into the void. "That's some of the best news I've heard all day." He would reply to the Kiri-nin while allowing for some time to pass for the man to get his bearings back before another mental assault. Being subjected to genjutsu in such rapid fire fashion surely had to have some negative effects which was part of the reason Ouritsu was restricting himself to techniques that weren't too intense, in addition to not wanting to be a jerk.

Then, a thought occurred. Daichi had mentioned the purpose of the training for himself was to get more familiar with the sensation of being under a genjutsu. It was a good skill to have as it only took a few moments for an opponent to get the jump on you, but surely there had to be a decent number of people in this village who could have popped off a couple genjutsu to achieve the same result. Ouritsu was thankful for the opportunity make no mistake but he felt there was some bigger picture he was missing. "I know for me realizing genjutsu is either seeing something amiss in my surroundings or being under the influence of a technique I might know, but is there like a technique you're using that knowledge in conjunction with or just trying to develop a knack for it? Either way, it's impressive."

The chunin hadn't meant to pry but even with his years of training in the field he didn't have anything special to help him discern illusion from reality other than just the knowledge of what to look out for, but it sounded like Daichi had something else.

words -  - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 5, 2024 3:46:21 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A potent sigh of relief escaped him as Ouritsu released the techniques, and once again the feeling of foreign chakra fled his pathways. He popped a squat right there on the ground, taking a long drink of water and massaging his temples, trying in vain to chase away the headache that was rapidly mounting into a migraine. Even after the technique was released, the sun seemed too bright; everything was too loud, too much, too intense.

He shut off his sensory entirely, bringing even the passive bubble of chakra sensing back into himself in search of a moment of peace and quiet.

"Oh, thanks,” he said, startled suddenly by the compliment. He didn’t think it was anything that impressive—there were plenty of people much more adept with genjutsu who were able to detect its usage with hardly any effort at all. Daichi was just… finding a workaround. He had no talent for genjutsu, would likely never have the time or opportunity to study it in depth, so he found a way to deal with it more effectively with the skillset he did have. It was a crutch, at the end of the day.

"Um, kind of,” he said, belated. His head was pounding. "It’s a sensory technique called Kagura Mind’s Eye. Far as I know, it’s like standard sensory abilities dialed up to eleven—broader range, with a lot more detail. What you’re helping me with is nailing down what it, um… what it feels like from a sensory perspective when an illusory technique makes contact with the chakra pathways. It’s kind of like what I would imagine it would feel like to be able to track poison moving through your bloodstream—something foreign moving through your own body. When you get down to that kind of level of detail, there’s all sorts of information you can get—when someone’s lying, how they’re feeling, minute physical movements, exact locations.”

He drank the last of his water, slapped his own cheeks, and got back to his feet—ready for another round. "It’s pretty minimal as far as chakra expenditure goes, but it’s a lot of mental strain,” he said. "I’ve been getting headaches a lot, but I’m sure that’ll pass if I just keep practicing. Wanna get back to it? Try layering a third technique again?”

LAIKA OF THQ

LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 6, 2024 0:45:27 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out
Kagura's Mind Eye... interesting. Ouritsu had never heard of the technique but it sounded powerful and a boon to a whole lot of areas though getting to that point sounded like it required an absolute ton of training which the Iwa-nin was more than happy to help with. "Sounds like some wild stuff, might be a one man army once you get all that stuff down pat." He replied with a chuckle. Granted, a lot of the abilities Daichi listed seemed supplementary and given his own self-profiling of not being front line meant that he probably wouldn't be taking out legions of enemies by himself, but he'd be a formidable opponent none the less.

With their water break finished and the effects of his last jutsu hopefully worn off by now Daichi was ready to get back in the swing of things and even invited Ouritsu to try layering three techniques this time around. It was something he wasn't well versed or comfortable with at all but this is why they trained and there was no better time to figure out if it a feasible skill than right now. "Yep, I'll give it a shot."

The question now became what combination of techniques would work best for the task at hand? Finding two that wouldn't override each other was one thing, but three made things a lot more difficult. Still, there was no harm in trying. Ouritsu would create a single seal as a near invisible box appeared around Daichi. If he so chose he'd be able to touch the walls but outside of existing it wouldn't react. With another seal the very ground beneath the Kiri-nin would begin to shake violently making it hard to keep upright. The two genjutsu felt ok but now came the hard part. A whistle increasing in volume would come from the Nohime and assuming it took hold as well a loud ringing sound would begin to fill Daichi's ears. Concentrating on three techniques, however, was not a simple feat at all and if they weren't meshing well at all the genjutsu were liable to come crashing down.

NAME: Nise Baria [False Barrier]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
Quite the simple, but very effective technique. Upon seeing the user render a handseal the technique will be triggered. Once it has begun the target(s) will find themselves trapped in an invisible box. If there are multiple targets close together this will become one large box segmented into smaller ones. If it is one target or multiple targets a fair bit apart from each other it will appear as smaller boxes. From within this box, the target(s) will be capable of tracing the walls with their hands. No matter how much force they utilize they will feel as if they are unable to break through the walls. Even when trying to utilize jutsu the user will see the jutsu deflecting off of the walls (and potentially injuring themselves in the illusion with it.) while it reality it would pass through unhindered.

---

NAME: Chikyū o Shifuto [Shifting Earth]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
Triggered by the target(s) seeing the user render a handseal, the technique begins by immediately causing the earth to violently shake. This, in turn, makes it difficult if not impossible for the target(s) to remain standing. Furthermore, the user is not affected which means that their mobility will remain unhindered unlike their target(s) allowing this technique to help bridge a gap between the user and targets that are more physically inclined.

--

NAME: Itai Kanetsuki no Jutsu [Painful Ringing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
A technique that serves as a wonderful distraction or crippling attack. This technique causes the target to hear a high pitched tone in their ear, it being so painful that most targets claw at their ears. The technique is initiated through the audio cue of a whistle going from low to high. Due to this, many individuals have mistaken this technique for sound ninjutsu.

words - - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 14, 2024 3:47:08 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Daichi rubbed the back of his head, sheepish and self-conscious in the face of too much praise. "I think it’s more accurate to say that I’m the support line for the one man army,” he said. "You should see how much I get my ass handed to me, it’s embarrassing.”

Maybe not the best thing for a Kage’s bodyguard to say to a foreigner, even an allied one, but Ouritsu seemed like a stand-up guy, and Daichi had been learning to be brutally honest with himself regarding his own physical limitations. He was trying to shore up his weaknesses, yes, and that was part of the point of this training, but he remembered the feeling of his pelvis being shattered and his palm getting speared through and any number of other horrific injuries he’d endured to boast about being a one man army.

Sora, yes. Toru, one hundred percent. Daichi? Not a chance.

Then they got back to it. Ouritsu formed a handseal, and Daichi saw the familiar sight of a barrier technique form around him; he felt the genjutsu take hold in his mind, now that his Eye was open once more. Even as he reached out to touch the barrier he knew it was false, but he couldn’t overcome the perception imposed on him by the genjutsu.

Then another mental intrusion, and he felt the ground beneath him begin to tremble and shake, like an earthquake; he used the tree-climbing technique to try to stay upright, but because it was an illusion, it did nothing to stabilize him, and he ended up crouching to try to keep himself stable.

The final piece: a high-pitched ringing sounded in his ear, bringing his headache back with a vengeance and causing a pain in his eardrum so sharp that Daichi couldn’t help but claw at his ears. He knew objective that it was false, could feel the discrete threads of chakra working their genjutsu magic on the inner workings of his mind, but he couldn’t disavow himself of the feeling, couldn’t ground himself back in reality.

As much as he wanted to be free of the feeling, he gritted his teeth and persisted. Ouritsu was clearly focusing hard, and if he was able to maintain three techniques at once then that would be a major breakthrough for him. All Daichi had to do was endure.

LAIKA OF THQ

LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 16, 2024 12:01:00 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
bleed it out
Ouritsu was definitely no stranger to being on the receiving end of having his butt handed to him though he attributed it more to having such a unique combination of specialties that required conditions to be a bit more favorable compared to others, but that was why they were out here training: to better themselves and close that gap. He hoped that with this new skill in genjutsu evening the odds would become easier and it wouldn't have been possible without Daichi's help.

Back to the matter at hand, Ouritsu felt himself straining under the pressure of maintaining three illusions at once and while he didn't plan on keeping up the last technique all that long on account of the head splitting pain it could cause he needed to become familiar with the feeling of holding onto more than one technique at a time, but only a few seconds later the chunin would release all three of the genjutsu as he felt his concentration beginning to slip. The cube, shaking earth and ringing would all dissipate as if they had never been there at all. "Phew... that was tough. How'd that feel for you?" The Nohime asked seeking feedback. He was surprised at the length of time he had been able to hold the techniques active but there was always the chance they didn't mesh well on Daichi's end and there was something he could improve upon.

words -  - notes
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 27, 2024 2:43:57 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Objectively Daichi knew that he couldn’t have been under the effects of all three genjutsu for that long, but it felt like an eternity. Between the mental strain of keeping his Eye open and trained on his own chakra network, the disorienting effects of the techniques, and the splitting headache caused by the final one that Ouritsu unleashed, Daichi felt like his skull was an overripe melon, liable to split open if the exercise persisted for even a moment longer.

Then, blissfully, all went still and silent. Again he slumped to the ground, closing his Mind’s Eye with an acute sense of finality, and rubbed his temples in an attempt to alleviate his searing headache.

"Terrible,” Daichi said with a husky laugh, "thanks for asking.” He felt like he wanted to go home, draw the blackout curtains, crawl into his bed and hide beneath the covers until his brain was no longer in danger of leaking out of his ears; but for Ouritsu’s sake, he persisted.

"You did good, though,” he said, scratching the back of his head. "It was chaotic, maybe a little disjointed I guess? Like they didn’t quite… mesh together to make one convincing scene? But it was overwhelming, and it doesn’t need to be convincing to be effective, so I’d say that’s a win in my book.”

LAIKA OF THQ