Index for Approved Religions

compose a reply
Index for Approved ReligionsDec 11, 2023 23:59:45 GMT -5
Reiashi Gure
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Reiashi Gure Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday 01-01 rank Chuunin occupation Kyuudaime Hokage, Proprietor of the Gure Orphanage
Description: To make a long story short: Finding what religions exist and where is a bit tedious as you have to open every individual religion one at a time just to see where they are. I'm suggesting a simple but detailed list for the sake of making finding these religions and where they're from a bit easier.

Problem 1: In World Knowledge Due to the sheer number of religions we have, and how few of them are actually utilized, those outside of said religions these groups don't really exist. With other things, such as Auxiliary groups or Clans, one might have seen them as they scrolled passed to build their character. However, with Religion you either tend to already have one in mind- have heard about it from someone else- or found it while looking through and didn't see any others. I feel having an Index such as with clans, approved jutsu, and so on- would help with bringing more of these things to the player's eye, especially as most locals should have heard of religions in their area.

Problem 2: OOC character building As briefly touched on earlier, even with their low numbers, Religion Shinobi are often created in one of three ways. Either you; were already aware of the religion and built the character with that in mind- possibly having even made the religion itself, had heard of the religion from another player in passing/when referring to your character plan, or found one you liked among the sea of threads and decided to utilize this. This can lead to not only no one knowing of the religion when trying to explain the character, but also make it hard for others to find the idea of making a religion character appealing. Given the options are to either a) be recruited, or b) wade through the various religions to find them- I can see why. However, giving these Religions another page would make this as simple as adding a clan or limited ability. It would also allow the staff to better keep track of how much each religion is filled, and how many such characters are present.

Implementation: This would function similarly to the various other index on site- although I would give brief and simplified descriptions of the Religion's Ideals and Powers beneath each one as this system is very unique to this site. As far as how it would be organized: I would recommend organizing by what nations they preside in. I would also include some small symbol [one of three] to denote if they are on; good, neutral, or bad terms with both the local government and ninja villages. If things such as scattered or world religions exist, they would skip that last step.
Bel has written 231 posts
Index for Approved ReligionsDec 12, 2023 15:38:51 GMT -5
Phantasm
Uhm, cheesed to meet you?
Phantasm Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 26 years old birthday February 26th rank occupation
Removed from notify for the time being, since this isn't an appeal or ruling (yet.)

Personally totally on board for this. As said, religions need every bit of help they can get. An index for them would help OOC, plus it might help a bit lore-wise to bring these religions to people's attention and make them more likely to be brought up.
Phantasm has written 447 posts

quick reply

compose a reply