Capture Mission: Shinobi Straggler [B-Rank Mission][Chisai]

compose a reply
Capture Mission: Shinobi Straggler [B-Rank Mission][Chisai]Dec 14, 2023 11:39:16 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
"With a smile and zero hesitation."
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 16.04. rank Chuunin occupation The Hustle

Another day, another mission, or so it felt. Shin had made an effort to constantly be seen around the missions boards and take on whenever his chedule would allow. The few people who were watching him kind of had figured out that he was trying to gather a lot of positive deeds or get credit for it and althoug he had done his share of missions in the past, he had definitely upped his effort in recent times. Too bad nobody could really see through him to figure out what he had in mind behind those actions, but figuring out he was gunning for the promotion was possible and so even though he did good work, from time to time someone would keep an eye on him or be sent to test him, but strangly, while he seemed rather harsh on his fellow Shinobi, his attitude towards the common folks was much more tame and even nice and helpful.

This facade he put up was both thought as helpful, but also made it difficult to judge him or what he was up to all the time. Right now he had accepted a mission to capture a possibly dangerous person and so he had not missed it to be prepared and make sure his eqipment was all in perfect condition, though more then any equipment he had with him, he counted on it that the person coming with him was more capable when it came to fighting then he was. In fact, he had been told that with him would come a rather peticular, well, one could say leader of the village in the clan head of the Honō clan, a jounin older and more renowned then he could hope to be. The question was how he'd earned this honor. Was it a coincidence or was he really being watched this much? No, this had to be a coincidence, he had never done anything to arouse any suspicion and he also meant no harm to the village, he was just a little peculiar in how he handled talking to his fellow Shinobi if one could call it that. A curious case really, but there was no use thinking about it, it was just an opportunity to make a connection.

So Shin was currently waiting for his proclaimed partner in the mission center and considering a few things he had to do after he got back from the mission, already thinking of striking a deal with the merchant 'old seven' for hooking him up with that connection. His posture was rather lax and he seemed a bit absentminded, but his senses were still sharp to his surroundings.

445 words

Mission Link For Convenience
Leylin has written 48 posts
Capture Mission: Shinobi Straggler [B-Rank Mission][Chisai]Dec 31, 2023 17:15:48 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 11/16 rank Jōnin Hanchō occupation

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

The Lioness had prepared as throughly as she could. Going through the reports as she tried to gain any glimpse from the attacks, coming with any pattern but they were either clumsily arranged or masterful in their execution to leave nothing that could used to create a hypothesis about the whys and hows. She decided that it had been, at that point, mere conjecture and little good could be gained from dwelling in such details, minor as they could be. Chisai would leave her home, already prepared and ready for the mission with the gusto of a seasoned warrior, ready for another hunt.

Her mood being lifted even further the ever present scent of woodsmoke and the ash of the forges. Her steps moving rhytmically to the sound of the hammers striking metal as they gave shape and purpose. Passing down the training fields of her clan, mane waving in the smoky breeze, hand raising to wave the children that had started their first hours of training out from the clan creches, their expressiong lighting up as they saw her pass before she would step out and began to leave the compound and moved into the village.

Eyes of lilac starlight set on the mission center at the middle of the bustling village, well aware that the mission had been assigned and it was only for her to look at her companion for this quest and finding him quickly as she could remember his face from the mission roster. Her expression turning pleasant as she walks towards him. He's young, at least a decade younger than her but she did trust that the village had assigned someone capable to deal with this problem. "Hello there." She says. "Ready to move out, Uehara-kun?"

<br>
321 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Harukei has written 383 posts
Capture Mission: Shinobi Straggler [B-Rank Mission][Chisai]Jan 1, 2024 13:58:47 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
"With a smile and zero hesitation."
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 16.04. rank Chuunin occupation The Hustle

Shin looked up from his position as he heard steps distinctly approaching him and he smiled back at the woman approaching him. Truely he didn't know quite what to think. Was she here by pure chance? Did she randomly get assigned to this mission with him? Or was this a way for the village to take stock of him, after he had been trying to get an audience with the Kusa Lord for a while? There was no need to think about it too much, he couldn't start their meeting by voicing his thoughts right here. "Honō Sensei." Shin replied and stared at her face for a moment. "I'm not sure what I owe this honor to, but I'm looking forward to working with someone as experienced as you are." He continued to flatter her just a little bit, but he just sounded polite, not like he wanted to suck up. "I am ready to go, we should move up towards Nishigo first and meet with some people there that I personally know. We can get reliable information from them and plan from there on out. After all we don't know too much about the target right now."

It was a bit as if Chisai was just a team member of his, the plan had been long made and the only reason he was waiting for her to give her opinion, was because her rank was way higher than his. Truth be told Shin had multiple ideas for how to handle this mission even by himself, but due to the uncertain strength of the target, it was unclear of how hard this was gonna be and he might really have to rely on his partner's strength in the end. Shin closed his jacket half way up and started, "Alright, let's go, we can discuss this on the way there. We got quite some ways to go after all." He shouldered a small pack of supplies and started to move out first. Right now he wanted to see how this woman acted so he could get an insight on how to deal with her in the future. He had dealt with Honō people before, but there was not much connection between him and them yet.

374 words
Leylin has written 48 posts
Capture Mission: Shinobi Straggler [B-Rank Mission][Chisai]Jan 21, 2024 18:50:31 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 11/16 rank Jōnin Hanchō occupation

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

Chisai noticed his politeness at her arrival. The good nature of his words towards her. It was certainly pleasant to be sure, but she felt that it was perhaps a little too much. At the same time she decided not to correct him, at least not at the moment. As he would explain to her that he was ready, the blonde simply nodded. "Then let us be on the way, Uehara-san." She said, ending that with a gentle smile, allowing him to lead but sticking close behind her companion. "We wouldn't want to make your companions at Nishigo waiting for us for long." The blonde added.

She supposed that any information that would come their way would be graded depending on how useful and relevant it seemed for their purpose. Her eyes would rest on Shin once more, settling on the pack of supplies that he brought, whereas she had brought just the necessary for the mission, the rations to keep her active enough in respite, the equipment necessary to be to aid in the midst of combat. Everything else was just about her physicality and experience. "Well then, I trust you know the way, take point, I will cover you." She said, and so they would be on their way.

<br>
240 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Harukei has written 383 posts