A Furnace For The Flame

compose a reply
A Furnace For The FlameMar 1, 2024 14:05:35 GMT -5
nashida
A good captain leads from the front!
nashida Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday March 18th 1003 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Nashida sighs when Yui seems too stubborn to move out of the way, and so she ends up with a face-full of Nashida's still covered anatomy. She considers tugging on Yui's ponytail to force her into backing off, then decides that it might not be a good idea; she might decide to turn to flame at that particular moment and she rather likes her nice white gloves. Not that she really has to worry much about having her hands burned under most circumstances, strong as they are from constantly handling heated metal. Instead, Nashida decides to be the one that backs off, though she still teases Yui somewhat by indirectly pointing out a rather large difference in their anatomy.

"What was that? I'm sorry, it's very hard for me to hear excuses when you speak with your face covered up like that to hide your shame."

Nashida crosses her arms in front of her ample chest, though she has a bit of a smirk on her lips. She'd really heard Yui just fine, but she pretends to have not understood her mumbling as she flips her blonde hair over her shoulder, turning back to look at the destruction both she and her teammate had laid to the training dummies normally reserved for less destructive techniques. Another plume of vapor from her lips shows that she's sighed again. She'd used up a bit of chakra thanks to the smaller blonde's over-reaction to a simple bit of play, and she wonders if the day was now wasted, all because Yui hadn't read the message properly earlier that day.

"In any case, I assume since you were so worn out from your training that you ended up napping out here, that there's no training you can handle from me today. I suppose we'll have to call it here and do some real training next time."
Babs has written 124 posts
A Furnace For The FlameMar 10, 2024 3:06:47 GMT -5
Nakajima Yui
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nakajima Yui Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday July 31 rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 3

The Raging Fire

"I can handle any training you wanna throw at me you be..." Yui stopped realizing she was in the wrong here. With a sigh the smaller blonde resigned to try and salvage the day. "If you are tired we can do something else to practice camaraderie." She did not move closer to Nashida instead moving to her jacket she had used as a pillow. Leaning over she picked it up off the ground dusting the snow and dirt from it.

"I know a place that's kinda dead right now but the food is amazing." She could feel her cheeks reddening turning quickly in the direction of the village. This was not a date or anything, Yui did not understand why she was feeling this strange way. "I mean we can go as teammates if you want, talk strategy and come up with combat plans... and stuff." Nashida was intimidating, not in a way that scared Yui but one that made her feel ways she was not accustomed to.

She turned back to Nashida needing to face this fear head on as she put on her small jacket. "I'm sure someone of your size needs to eat a lot, will be something we will have to plan for on long missions." She bit her lip wishing she could have taken the insult back.

--
LAIKA OF THQ

Yamatsu has written 24 posts
A Furnace For The FlameMar 11, 2024 11:15:44 GMT -5
nashida
nashida Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Nashida is actually a bit surprised when it seems that Yui has decided to hold herself back from further insults aimed at her, perhaps due to her superior intimidation... or simply because she's finally accepted that the taller shinobi really is a Yukigakure ninja and her teammate. After all, an offer to do something else in order to improve their camaraderie wasn't the kind of thing you'd say to your enemy. Because of this change in the shorter woman's responses, the giant of a woman relaxes a bit more while watching her move over to her jacket to grab it up and dusting the particulate off of the clothing before she pulls it on. She smirks almost imperceptibly and raises an eyebrow, a small difference in her usually stoic expression, when she can see that Yui's cheeks are turning a bit more red. After all, it can't be from the heat of her own body due to the fact that her body is likely used to running a bit hot, and it can't be from the cold for the same reason.

"Yes, that does sound like a good idea. It's important for teammates to get to know one another better not just through combat and training, but through social interaction as well. What do they serve at this place you're taking me to on this date of yours?"

Her face remains in a mostly stoic look, even as she lets the insult wash past her. It wasn't like she hadn't heard such things before while she'd been in the Academy. Her height and relative size had been the butt of jokes for a long time, and she'd become like steel to compensate for the stings of the words. After all, the stings of fighting had barely left any bruises when she was so hardy, thanks to her Tantetsu blood. She begins walking towards the village once more, letting Yui lead her along to the place she had in mind.
A Furnace For The FlameMar 17, 2024 23:48:24 GMT -5
Nakajima Yui
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nakajima Yui Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday July 31 rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 3

The Raging Fire

Nashida seemed to have a way of making Yui's face flush and turn red all at the same time. Did she think this was a date, Yui would not have been opposed to it but so sudden so soon. She ignored the taller blonde choosing instead to respond about the menu.

"They have a lot of food, mostly they cook what you'd like in front of you. Sometimes they do silly tricks with the food and try to toss cooked meat at you to catch and eat. My parents would take me there as a child a bunch. Becoming a shinobi slowed down how often we eat together now so I haven't been for some time."

She was surprised with how easy it was to open up to Nashida. Any other person would have her steaming and possibly exploding with rage right now. She liked not feeling angry with a teammate, maybe she could pass these next exams. She looked up at Nashida, she was not a beast. In fact the tall woman was strikingly beautiful, Yui did not know what her type was yet. However her reactions made her think Nashida could be one.

LAIKA OF THQ

Yamatsu has written 24 posts
A Furnace For The FlameMar 18, 2024 10:32:11 GMT -5
nashida
nashida Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Nashida nods as Yui explains the place she's suggesting, it sounds rather fun for them, and she continues walking in the direction of Yukigakure proper, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Yui is looking at her in a seemingly engrossed manner, and she considers staring right back at Yui. While she was still loyal to Jun, she had to admit that the much shorter blonde was at least a little fascinating. But Nashida was capable of controlling herself and her own desires, able to rein them in and still them when she could feel them stirring, as she had for years when she'd wanted to tell Kazeo to get lost. Nashida was a very patient woman now, and she had the self-control to prove it.

She does start extending each pace as she puts another foot forwards, though, forcing Yui to have to almost half-run to be able to keep up with her, not quite fast enough to make her have to run, but not quite slow enough that she could walk in order to keep up. Nashida loved playing this little trick on others, and she found it quite fun to do. A little teasing was fine and dandy, after all, as she comes to Yukigakure to see what this type of grill was like that Yui had apparently gone to when she was a child.