Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]

compose a reply
Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Feb 2, 2024 0:16:13 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

"... release!"

Miroru stood in one of the courtyards around the Uchiha complex, her gunbai in one hand, its broad head planted against the ground, her other hand held in front of her in what looked like a half formed hand seal. When the attempt resulted in no noticeable reaction, she frowned, and tried again, shaking her hand out before performing a single seal and proclaiming aloud, "RELEASE!"

Another try, another lack of response. Grimacing, and relaxing her hand with a wince, Miroru carried the gunbai over to one of the covered porches around the courtyard, leaning it against a post as she moved to put her hand into one of the ornamental fish ponds to cool it down and soothe the cramps trying to start up.

"Looks so easy when everyone else does it..." Sighing, the redhead stared up at the clouds as she indulged herself in a bit of a break, trying to dissociate from the frustration simmering in the back of her head- and the quaking rumbles of a chuckling fox rumbling the edges of her awareness.
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,178 posts
Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Mar 10, 2024 6:36:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku was looking for Miroru as she knew that the little red head would be up for practice and training. She was trying to learn a new skill, to cast her jutsu with only one hand, even if she was holding a weapon in that hand. This would delay the need to use both hands, making her seals faster, thus being able to use jutsu faster. It wasn't a common skill but a useful one for those who learned it. She had been practicing on her own for a few weeks now, trying to gain muscle memory for it. However, it wasn't good enough. She needed to practice in the actual heat of the moment. Thus, a spar with Miroru and a few others should be good enough until she actually got the hang of it.

Walking around, she was able to find her from a courtyard. She took note of what Miroru was doing, spying on her from a distance for a moment before walking up behind her as quietly as possible as she dunked her hand into the water. "So, I guess great minds do think alike. Aiming to utilize hand signs with only one hand, I'm I wrong, Miroru-chan?” Tokaku said, speaking up in her usual monotone voice. "Luckily, so am I. Why not we spar and practice together?” Tokaku added, offering to help her as well as help herself at the same time.

TAG: @
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Kenjutsu Princess
So she could handle close range and also so she could eventually learn how to use a White Chakra Blade which her other clan is infamous for– Hatake Toshizou taught her how to use most types of swords in spite of her true skills in genjutsu and ninjutsu. She has been training for a few years nearly nonstop in practicing kenjutsu since she was first taught. Currently, her overall physicality and skill for using kenjutsu is boosted enough to where she is more than capable of keeping up with most other kenjutsu practitioners

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Mar 10, 2024 6:58:21 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru looked up as Tokaku approached, lifting her hand to wave, water dribbling down her forearm as she did, causing her to grimace and lower her hand. "Eesh. I don't need wet sleeves..." She shook the water off and nodded. "Suppose so! Itsuki's doing way better with this than I am, if I'm honest. He's always been better at mastering complex techniques. I kinda just throw stuff at the wall 'til it works."

It was... honestly, inaccurate. Miroru had never shied away from hard work, and while she didn't really see it as a strength of hers, the truth was that she'd worked extremely hard and mastered a lot of extremely complex techniques to get where she was. This was just a different sort of challenge- reworking how she understood handseals on a fundamental level.

"Spar? If you wanna. I think it'd make more sense to just sort of do parallel training?" Miroru explained, thumping her gunbai down to lay out her thoughts. "If we go for a real spar, we've both got techniques that'll make it hard or impossible for the other to function properly, and that ruins the point of a training match. What if... we spar physically, and continue to attempt to execute jutsus with one hand? Not actually at each other, because I suspect a lot of our jutsus will cause more problems than anything else, but just try to get them to execute properly while we clash? How's that sound?"

Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Mar 18, 2024 6:29:10 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku watched water drip down her sleeve and listened to her talk about Itsuki and how he was better at it than she was. "So have I but it's all about learning styles and such, some things are easier than others. For example, I learn better by constantly practicing and experience from trying it out in the heat of the moment, such as when I'm sparing. You just need to find out what manner of learning works best for you.” Tokaku said, giving her take on the matter. "As for Itsuki… Are you two dating? He seems to really like you. Not to mention, you do talk and hang around him often.” She asked, suddenly filled with slight curiosity on the matter.

The silver haired Uchiha listened to her other proposal and she nodded in agreement. She never did that type of training before after all. "I'll admit I never done this type of training before, so I'm willing to give it a try. Mind starting?” Tokaku asked as she got into a simple taijutsu stance. She wasn't too good at physical combat just yet, beyond her kenjutsu, but she was going to save that for later. So, she watched and waited for Miroru to react, taking a deep breath as she waited, activating her Sharingan.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Kenjutsu Princess
So she could handle close range and also so she could eventually learn how to use a White Chakra Blade which her other clan is infamous for– Hatake Toshizou taught her how to use most types of swords in spite of her true skills in genjutsu and ninjutsu. She has been training for a few years nearly nonstop in practicing kenjutsu since she was first taught. Currently, her overall physicality and skill for using kenjutsu is boosted enough to where she is more than capable of keeping up with most other kenjutsu practitioners

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Mar 18, 2024 19:27:59 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"I guess..." Miroru sighed a bit. "Nothing really feels like it comes easy. Well. Except Genjutsu. I've actually invented a couple of those!" She grinned, proud of her relatively out of the box little tricks as she lifted the gunbai and whirled it idly behind her head- only to smack herself in the back of the head at question about Itsuki!

"AHAHAHA. Itsuki? Dating? I've never been on a date, don't be silly! We- y'know- hang out! With Dare mostly! Pranks and training and just- chilling. Where their families can't stress'em out, y'know? Everyone needs someplace to go be at home."

Rubbing the back of her head, Miroru shifted her grip on the gunbai again, taking a curious stance that propped the fan against the ground, like a shield on a stick. "You want me to start? Okay. Uhhh... let's do... THIS!"

Miroru crooked her free hand through two hand seals, and cackled with delight as chakra formed around her body, protecting her in an armored barrier! "HEY! First try! Well, first try today. Definitely not my ACTUAL first try. I've been working on this for MONTHS, now. So... uh, have at you! Hya!" Miroru hopped forwards and shoved the gunbai forwards end-first, like a really weird spear, at Tokaku. Super-telegraphed and easy to block, more to give her something to do while practicing her one-handed seals than an actual attempt to harm her.

NAME: Kekkai no Yoroi (Barrier Armor)
TECH TYPE: univeral | Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: None
CHAKRA USAGE: High/ Very Low to maintain
DESCRIPTION:
The user creates a small barrier on the very outside of their skin. While this barrier is not anywhere near as resilient as other barriers because of how stretched thin it is, a normal punch being able to break it, it does protect the user from the brunt of all but the most serious attacks. Its effectiveness comes from the fact that it requires no chakra to maintain and is self repairing. However while repairing it is no longer effective and requires two whole post for the armor to becoming functional again after being hit with anything resembling an actual attack, though being hit with things that would not truly count as an attack would not break it. Requires two hand seals.

Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Apr 23, 2024 3:13:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Miroru made Tokaku smirk a little when she said she had been making genjutsu but how things didn't come as naturally. She needed to work on not doubting her skills. She improved after such a short while and at a rather young age at that. The silver haired Uchiha was also rather skilled and strong for her age, despite her rank. "Oh? I've been meaning to develop some genjutsu of my own or for the entire clan at the very least. I did figure out a genjutsu that can render someone blind and not even the Sharingan or Byakugan can even see through it and it can't be Kai'd out either.” Tokaku replied, telling her about her new high leveled jutsu, the Bringer of Darkness. Something apparently her mother knew as well, as she left instructions on how to learn and use the jutsu.

Miroru's reply made her raise a single silver eyebrow. She knew she was embarrassed, the younger girl was rather easy to read. However, she wasn't going to press her on it. She had a hunch that the three were all possibly dating or something. None of her business really anyways, curiosity and all that. Readying herself, the younger girl creating some barrier armor and would do a rather over-telegraphed attack. While it was fine, it was a little too slow and straight forward when you had Sharingan watching and waiting. She tried to use her fan as a awkward spear, Tokaku jumping back while using her blade to carefully swipe the fan upwards and out of the way with her sword, her free hand seeming to form the singular handseal for her genjutsu. Unfortunately however, she would mess up in the process with two finger placement, making her have to try again while she gained her distance.

"Try not to be too telegraphed or slow, it's awkward when you have eyes that see things almost before you do it.” She advised awkwardly.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Kenjutsu Princess

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Hand over Fist [Training, Tokaku]Apr 23, 2024 4:38:44 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"I dunno if I'd be brave enough to show up to the clan all like "hey fam check out this cool jutsu I made." Mine are kinda elementary, anyway. One just lets you display things for people to see- kinda cartoonish, but great for replicating recon views and stuff- and the other just makes you feel like you completed a hand seal. So you skip one. I've gotten people to mess up entire jutsus that way, but it's still kind of a gimmick."

"Wh- telegraphed or slow? We're practicing hand seals primarily, the only thing the swings are for is making us split our attention! We're not even using the jutsu on each other. We oughtta be focused on the one-handed seals! But hey, if you need more of a challenge-"

"We're happy to oblige!"
Miroru's next one-handed seal released a blast of smoke, and by the time it had cleared, there were two Miroru's closing in on her, one swinging towards her shoulders and the other towards her knees, from opposite sides!

Granted, both were prepared to pull their blows if Tokaku was gonna get battered, but she asked for more to work with, so she got it!

There was also a third Miroru lounging on the porch, dangling one leg over her other and bobbing it casually as she relaxed, but who's counting redheads?