compose a reply
Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Feb 22, 2024 8:10:19 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday April 9th rank Adv. Genin occupation Kunoichi

Stolen Valor

People stole from Mizu no Kuni and Kirigakure. That wasn't a thought or an opinion for a while after the Sanbi attack it had just been the truth of the matter. Gomi could not think of a single time she had done so however and not been brutalized for it. Rotting fruit had been too good for her as a child and her parents had never wanted to feed her - not even with what they would discard. So, the prospect of bold, cocky groups of people running around and simply getting to wave around what they stole from the nation like a sign of pride?

Gomi wanted to crush them all. Rare was her wrath invoked, the rage that was bound to her bloodline, the rage that had fueled the cruelty of her parents. That stopped mattering before strong ego for Gomi though, she despised the egotistical sort. Then here she was being sent out with one of the Seven Swordsmen of her village to strike down the afforementioned people. The bone-white blonde would glance forward as she shivered, her armor clattering loudly as she stood like a statue at the port city dock south-west of Kirigakure. Her noise a dull type of white noise currently, but it would become louder when they began to move. Gomi just needed to wait for the jounin coming with her to arrive, the sound of boats preparing to start a day's travel the only other noise on the foggy air.

Toffee has written 25 posts
Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Feb 23, 2024 7:24:30 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    With notebook in hand, Masshiro left his apartment, Uemori thrown over his shoulder in his other hand, heading towards another mission shortly after returning from one. Under his clothes his ribs were taped up extensively, but he didn't show the pain he was in, which he most certainly still was given the amount of bruises he had on his chest and back. Heading where he was meeting someone, he flicked his wrist to flip the page of his notebook, reading up in part on the mission they were about to embark on, as well as on the person he was about to take this mission on with. He hadn't done near enough research on the teammates he was with in the last mission and it certainly kicked him square in the ass, so he wouldn't make that mistake again.

Before he could see her, he could hear Gomi's armor moving around, turning a corner and now getting a full view. This would be the first time he did more than walk past her with a wave, or more likely his face stuffed so far in one of his notebooks he liked didn't even notice her there. Flipping the notebook to the next page he looked over the crude drawing her made of her, a few notes, looked up, then nodded to himself as he let the notebook fall from his hand. It wasn't until he dropped it that it was obvious it was attached to some sort of chain attached to his belt, now hanging there as he raised his head as he stopped a few feet away from Gomi and proceeded to look her over thoroughly.

"I'm Yamaguchi Masshiro."

The wooden, frankly creepy looking weapon bounced on his shoulder with the flat side lightly slapping the fabric, as he waited for a response or introduction in return.
Sprinkles has written 140 posts
Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Mar 15, 2024 7:15:06 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull

stolen Valor

Her hated enemy was not here, the sword that had tormented her with the haunting visage of death since she was little. The sword from the seven swordsmen member still gave her a shivering pause that was far more then the normal constant rattle of her armor as there was a temporary increase in the volume before it died again, her focus completely on her senior as she bowed in an incredibly formal manner of placation. She was in no way going to upset the individual here who could easily cause her so much agony. She trusted her bone, but not enough to want a confrontation with the wielder of Uemori.

"Good morning Yamaguchi-San, I am Kaguya Gomi. I believe that the vessel next to me is the one we are supposed to be boarding, but I was waiting for you to arrive before I got ahead of myself and boarded," The girl would state already looking sickly at the idea of having gotten to ahead of herself on what to do in the mission. Her weirdly forward and cowardly attitude something easily noted for Masshiro before hand this reaction matched what he would have already known about her.

Standing straight she continued to rattle, unable to prevent the reaction despite her best efforts. The nature vibration of her body shaking was not so easily quelled as it were.

last edit by Kaguya Gomi on Mar 15, 2024 7:15:20 GMT -5
Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Mar 15, 2024 18:30:10 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    Masshiro wasn't much for formality outside of basic introductions, but he expected the bow all the same as he was in the minority. He was well aware that even some of the younger swordsmen near demanded respect from those outside the group, and frankly it annoyed him. Far too many in Kiri that demanded respect without earning it, thinking titles and positions were enough to get them the shinobi world handed to them before earning it. Taking a deep breath he simply watched how Gomi acted, finally giving her a slight wave in response to the bow. 

Groaning out, partially in a laughing manner, he immediately started waving her off, then doing so both with his free hand and his weapon.

"No need for that, you can just call me Masshiro."

Eyeballing the ship they were likely supposed to take to their destination, he leaned to the side studying it from an odd leaning angle, before standing back up and nodding.

"Yup. Appreciate it. Let's head on and get on board. Not a big fan of boats, sips, vessels, rafts, none of it. I prefer solid land, so the quicker we get on the quicker we get back off, or something like that."

Making a motion with his head, he started walking towards the ship, but made sure he wasn't imply walking ahead of her, or at least not too far ahead, as he dropped Uemori back on his shoulder. Near every step he was looking back at her, trying to both walk onto the ship and get a good look at her, wondering just what she could do aside from likely be very sturdy given the armor she was sporting.

Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Apr 9, 2024 12:46:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull

Stolen Valor

Gomi had to wonder if what she was doing was okay as she got into things with Masshiro. She could never tell if she was about to set off a bad reaction or not with how she went about interacting with others. A chilling shiver briefly caused her rattling to pick up volume before it dropped back to the usual constant racket. The fact that Masshiro openly admitted to not liking ships only served to further make Gomi give mental note that she was dealing with someone who's temper was very likely to snap and end with her getting absolutely murdered on this mission. There was no affording any mistakes here.

"Understood," Was the only word that the girl could eek out in response before the two were walking to board the boat. Moving causing the racket of the heavy bone armor to pick up magnificently in a way that was frankly rather annoying to some. Her eyes forward she would catch the gaze of the seven swordsmen and match the glances with something between a question and hesitation since she didn't want to ignite anything that would get her murdered in the process. She had a better self-preservation then that, which was why she would confront the the issue and not hide from it.

"Is something the matter?" Gomi would ask in a voice that seemed to still trail only barely over the sound of her shifting armor. Practiced in volume, so that others could hear without coming off as yelling.

Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Apr 9, 2024 13:23:30 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    Not having said another word for a moment, he just watched Gomi, not staring, but clearly looking back towards her now and then curiously. He had little to no interaction with her prior to this mission, so there was much to learn and decipher from her actions and reactions. The main thing he could surmise was how she just looked off, in a way he couldn't fully figure out yet, but part of him wondered how many of these missions she had been on exactly. Was she nerves, was she simply a bit wary, perhaps she wasn't fond of boats anymore than he was. Whatever it was, it was clear the chill in the air was doing her no favors, as he could hear the clattering of her armor, which was in an odd way helpfully distracting at first, as he didn't have to think about the metal death trap they were standing on.

"Just curious."

Looking her over with narrowed eyes, he cleared his throat and walked closer.

"I don't know much about you. What's with the armor? I know you are a Kaguya, but aside from that what exactly is it you do? And why do you look like a cat waiting for a loud noise at any moment? Mission jitters perhaps? It's not me I hope."

He wasn't much for mincing words, not trying to be rude and not without tact, but he was certainly blunt all the same. These were things he was in fact curious about, and instead of beating around the bush, he'd just ask and be done with it. If nothing else she wouldn't have to guess what he was thinking, because he'd be quick enough to tell her if she dared to ask.
Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Apr 10, 2024 1:21:55 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull

Stolen Valor

She was already getting asked questions that were incredibly invasive. Was she going to die soon? Was he looking for flaws in her designed armor already? Was she about to be killed before she had even attempted to be of use to the Jounin in front of her? An incredibly hard to swallow notion, however Gomi was never one not to stare death in the face. That was how one survived and that was what mattered at the end of the day.

"Ah. I do not like getting hurt, I was never good at fighting like the rest of my clan though, so I acquired other tools to make up for my shortcomings. I do not know what you are referring to, but I prefer to stay alert if I can. I am also scared you will kill me, but I am certain most people would if they had the chance," The girl replied back in her barely audible voice. It was flat, blunt, and a direct response to each of the questions, but it never stretched further. Like Gomi was not willing to actually converse if it meant extending herself beyond what was necessary. Stalwartly defensive in her care for her words like a steadfast wall preventing true back and forth.

Taking a position away from the edge of the boat Gomi would continue to shake in place as she maintained eye contact with Masshiro.

Stolen Valor [C-Rank Mission]Apr 10, 2024 21:38:59 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Pain teaches lessons. As long as you know how to handle it, getting hurt isn't all that bad."

As he spoke, still looking at her, he ran a finger across his facial scar from one end to the other. For as handsome as he was, the well crafted hair, the pristine clothes, the clearly well kept skin, the scar stood out as if it belong to someone else. It was strange however to hear someone of her clan speaking about pain given their strength was gained from their own bones stabbing them from the inside out to make weapons from what he understood. There was a lot he didn't understand about a lot, and why not toss this onto the pile with the rest of it.

"-and shortcomings are bullshit too. If you're on this boat with me then clearly you are strong, otherwise they wouldn't have sent you. Or bothered to let you out of the academy for that matter."

He couldn't throw a punch to save his life, quite possibly in the literal sense, but he could certainly swing a weapon. His ninjutsu were at best mediocre but he could catch the stronger shinobi in the world in their own minds with no more than a look. He was certainly the same as many others wanting to get stronger, but he hated thinking about what he couldn't do when he could focus on all that he could. His somewhat stoic look turned into a belly laugh at her comment towards him however, turning and leaning against the railing of the ship, and wiping away a legitimate tear.

"And what reason would I have to kill you? I've never met you and as far as I know you've done nothing to me, my family, or - well those are mostly the two things that would cause me to feel the need to kill you on sight. Am I that scary or is this a self-esteem issue?"

By this point he was bouncing Uemori on his right shoulder without even realizing it, only stopping when he noticed the noise against his clothes. Of all the things she could have said, that was the least likely response he was expecting, but it didn't bother him, though it certainly amused the hell out of him.