Underwater Retrieval | C Rank Mission

compose a reply
Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionMar 3, 2024 7:50:02 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

It seemed like just yesterday that a tiny Gure child had showed up at his doorstep asking for training in her kekkai genkai and now here they were about to go on a mission together. Having met up in the village and headed towards the nearest port from there, the Kaguya was practically dancing with a grin as they wandered through the various people towards the ship that he requisitioned so often it was pretty much his at this point, the Inaka Maru.

"There's the ship we'll take Anpan-chan, it's seem looooooooots of missions with me, and the crew have worked with me for years~"
he declared with a fond joy that rarely found its way into his life. There was something about the ship, the small size and sharp lines making it sleek and aggressive looking, much like the shinobi that used it so regularly. It was stable enough to make long distance journeys, yet shallow enough in the draft to sail up river, and the crew that remained on the ship at this point were pretty much unflappable in the face of danger.

It helped that Kimihiro's missions always paid them well.

"You understand the mission? Did you remember to grab a rebreather before we left?" he asked his student, still somewhat excited to get to take her out of the village for the first time ever. Toru-kun was such a meanie not letting him bring her out earlier! 

Word Count: 241
Mission: 1/15
Tags:
last edit by Kaguya Kimihiro on Mar 3, 2024 8:04:16 GMT -5
Eleri has written 106 posts
Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionMar 3, 2024 13:17:50 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
"I think so? For some inexplicable reason, one of our ships has been sunk, and our task is to retrieve anything of importance," she reiterated, echoing the contents of the dossier. "Yes, Kimi-san, I made sure to pack the rebreather," An replied with a grin, adjusting her pack's strap for added security. She had meticulously checked her gear several times before departing the village, determined not to disappoint her mentor by forgetting any essentials. Excitement mingled with nervousness coursed through her veins. This was her first time venturing outside the village on an official mission together with Kimihiro.
[break][break]
The bustling ambiance of the port enveloped her senses, filling her with wonder as she observed the diverse array of people and ships. It stood in stark contrast to the familiar routines of her village, kindling eager anticipation for the adventures awaiting them beyond the horizon.
[break][break]
Approaching the Inaka Maru, An swelled with pride at the sight of the ship, which had become a second home to Kimihiro and his crew. She took solace in the knowledge that she was in capable hands, sailing alongside experienced mariners. With a determined nod, An followed Kimihiro aboard the ship, ready for whatever lay ahead.
[break][break]
真菌操作| Shinkin Sōsa [lit.Fungal Manipulation]
[break][break]
An can grow, shape, and manipulate all forms of fungi, including but not limited to yeasts and mold, along with poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms, thanks to the Gurē clan's KKG. An has the ability to grow fungi on just about any surface. Because An’s genetic makeup is more similar to that of fungi than that of humans, she can use techniques based on Fungi anatomy, such as secretions or enzymes from various Fungi. She can easily generate or grow any part of a Fungi's anatomy from her own body by using chakra to further alter her own cells. Finally, because these techniques are made from her own cells or bodily fluids, such as converting her saliva into a specific Fungi secretion, An is immune to their effects.
[break][break]
共生遺伝学| Kyōsei Iden-Gaku [lit.Symbiotic Genetics]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter up to 1 km before needing to emerge.
[break][break]
蒼波| Sōha [lit.Blue Wave]
[break][break]
An possesses significantly larger and more formidable chakra reserves compared to her peers. This advantage enables her to execute various jutsu without rapidly depleting her chakra, granting her a distinct advantage in combat situations and the capacity to maintain prolonged, intensive chakra utilization. Consequently, she can employ advanced techniques for extended durations surpassing the capabilities of most individuals within her rank.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 200
[break]
[2/15]
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Yofie has written 334 posts
Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionMar 5, 2024 6:51:38 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Ruffling An's hair casually Kimihiro stalked up the thin plank onto the ship with the sort of casual ease that spoke of long practice, his stance automatically shifting the moment he was aboard to match the slight bobbing of the vessel. "Ohayo Captain-san!~" the Kaguya called out, waving towards a man up by the ship's wheel with a pleased grin, "let's cast off, ne? Time for the Ijime-kko to head out once more." 

"Hai, hai, Hiro-kun, I can tell you've been on land for too long, best get you out onto the water before you decide to entertain yourself another way," the man at the helm stated with a grin. The captain had a katana at his side held on with chains, and looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties, though what stood out more was the large scar covering the left side of his face... well that and the fact he was clearly missing his right leg, with a peg and cane used in its place.

"Yepyep, I wanna ride the waves," Kimihiro confirmed, "I hope we hit a storm again. But for the moment lets go, you know our bearing. No pirates this time, least, not as a target, so maybe you will get to nap this time~" 

"You've cursed it now you know?" the captain replied before looking curiously at An, even as he gestured with his free hands towards one of the crew members, "and who're you little miss? Last time Hiro-kun brought someone aboard we had a lovely little misadventure. I'm Kentaro, captain of the Inaka Maru, although seems we're getting more and more likely to call it the Ijime-kko now, even the crew is doing it." The last was said in a whining drawl as the captain stared at Kimihiro in agitation as the Kaguya started to laugh in delight.

Around the trio the crew were hard at work, the sails unfurling as the ship lurched forward towards their destination

Word Count: 329
Mission: 3/15
Tags:

Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionMar 6, 2024 4:17:47 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

As An stepped onto the deck of the Inaka Maru, she couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement mixed with a hint of trepidation. The salty breeze tousled her hair, and the rhythmic sound of the waves against the hull of the ship filled her ears. This was it—the beginning of her adventure beyond the confines of her village.
[break][break]
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the bustling activity of the crew, An glanced over at Kimihiro, who seemed right at home in this maritime environment. His easy rapport with the captain and the crew put her somewhat at ease, knowing she was in the company of seasoned sailors and Kimihiro.
[break][break]
"Hello, I'm Gure An," she introduced herself mannerly to Captain Kentaro, offering a polite bow. "I'm here to assist Kimi-san with the mission." Despite her nerves, An managed a small smile, hoping to convey her determination to contribute to the expedition. Captain Kentaro eyed her curiously for a moment before nodding in acknowledgment. "Welcome aboard, An-chan," he said gruffly, his scarred face softening slightly. "We could use all the help we can get, especially with the way our luck tends to go."
[break][break]
As the ship started to sail further away from the port, An found herself drawn to the rhythm of the sea. An's heart raced with anticipation as she watched the crew expertly maneuver the ship, their movements synchronized like a well-oiled machine. She couldn't help but marvel at their skill and dedication, feeling a newfound sense of admiration for the sailors who called the Inaka Maru home.
[break][break]
With a sense of purpose settling within her, An resolved to do her part in ensuring the success of their mission. She may have been inexperienced compared to the rest of the crew and Kimihiro, but she was determined to prove herself worthy. As the ship sailed towards its destination, An couldn't help but feel a sense of exhilaration building within her.
[break][break]
As she looked at the surrounding sea, An turned to Kimihiro with a smile. "Have you been sailing for a long time, Kimi-san?" she asked softly quite amazed at seeing this new side of her mentor.
[break][break]
[break][break]
An can grow, shape, and manipulate all forms of fungi, including but not limited to yeasts and mold, along with poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms, thanks to the Gurē clan's KKG. An has the ability to grow fungi on just about any surface. Because An’s genetic makeup is more similar to that of fungi than that of humans, she can use techniques based on Fungi anatomy, such as secretions or enzymes from various Fungi. She can easily generate or grow any part of a Fungi's anatomy from her own body by using chakra to further alter her own cells. Finally, because these techniques are made from her own cells or bodily fluids, such as converting her saliva into a specific Fungi secretion, An is immune to their effects.
[break][break]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter up to 1 km before needing to emerge.
[break][break]
蒼波| Sōha [lit.Blue Wave]
[break][break]
An possesses significantly larger and more formidable chakra reserves compared to her peers. This advantage enables her to execute various jutsu without rapidly depleting her chakra, granting her a distinct advantage in combat situations and the capacity to maintain prolonged, intensive chakra utilization. Consequently, she can employ advanced techniques for extended durations surpassing the capabilities of most individuals within her rank.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 358
[break]
[4/15]
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Gurē An on Mar 6, 2024 4:18:30 GMT -5
Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionApr 5, 2024 7:52:02 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

As the ship cast off the sailors began to sing to the motions of their work, the small vessel slipped through the waters with the sort of speed that might have been unexpected for young An, the crew moving in the sort of easy syncronicity that spoke of long experience with one another. There were no missteps between them, no one blocking another, the whole ship was like a living being with how well it functioned as one.

"Ara? Ano... I dunno? I was allowed to start going out to sea after the war, whenever that was..." Kimihiro replied to An, a confused expression rather clear on his face as he tried to think about the passage of time. The Kaguya didn't really have a strong grasp of such things, even his meeting of An was somewhere in the vague nebulous 'before' that was his past, he couldn't say when they had met, only the details of it. "Ne... when did you get so much taller?" he asked, blinking slightly at the girl as he measured her head compared to his own small frame, trying to consider just how long he'd known her now that the question was in his head.

"I first met Hiro-kun about eight years ago, maybe nine and I think we were his first time at sea,"
Kentaro added, knowing that sometimes the shinobi needed a little poke to get himself focused again, "and we've been his go to ship since then. He's the one that got the crew to put the patterns on it, and that spiked bowspirit... and the crew's decision to give her a new name..." the Captain sighed in exasperation as he considered the whole situation. It was a fond exasperation, for surely if he was actually irritated with Kimihiro then he'd have found a way to not be involved in the Kaguya's missions for so long.

The crew themselves looked battle hardened, at least for civilians. Beyond the captain's obvious injuries there were other members with scars and one with a missing arm, all were armed and seemed unperturbed for their old injuries.

"That's cos I have the best ideas, and the Ijime-kko agrees," Kimihiro nodded proudly, running a hand over the ship. It was clear he cared for the vessel as much as any of the crew, the fond smile on his face making that obvious.

"She certainly tolerates you better than other ships," Kentaro agreed with a chuckle before wandering off towards the helm, clapping Kimihiro on the shoulder before he left.

"We have a couple of hours before we reach our destination Anpan-chan, is there somethin' you wanted to do while we wait?"

Word Count: 445
Mission: 5/15
Tags:

Underwater Retrieval | C Rank MissionApr 10, 2024 16:31:37 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An listened to Kimihiro's response and watched the crew work seamlessly together, she couldn't help but be amazed by the camaraderie and sense of purpose that permeated the ship. Despite Kimihiro's somewhat scattered demeanor, there was no denying his passion for sailing and the bond he shared with the Inaka Maru and its crew.
[break][break]
"I see," An replied with a warm smile, noting Kimihiro's confusion about time and his endearing comment about her height. "Did I?" she mused with a soft smile on her lips.
[break][break]
Turning her attention to Captain Kentaro, An nodded thoughtfully as he provided some insight into their past voyages with Kimihiro. "It's clear that Kimi-san has made quite an impact on the ship and its crew," she remarked, admiration evident in her voice as she glanced around at the seasoned sailors.
[break][break]
As Kimihiro expressed his pride in himself and the ship with a fond expression, An couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement building within her. "I can see why the crew holds the Inaka Maru in such high regard. Kimi-san is indeed amazing! Coming up with so many great ideas," she commented, her gaze lingering on the ship's sleek design and sturdy build.
[break][break]
When Kimihiro suggested they had some time before reaching their destination, An pondered for a moment before replying, "Perhaps we could go over the mission? It is my first time doing something like this and I am not sure I can do well." A moment later she added, "And perhaps I could lend a hand with any tasks that need doing. I want to make myself useful however I can."
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
蒼波| Sōha [lit.Blue Wave]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 269
[break]
[6/15]
[break]