Your Dad Sucks [social|toff]

compose a reply
Your Dad Sucks [social|toff]Mar 13, 2024 9:50:13 GMT -5
Izusume Rentaro
the sun will still rise tomorrow
Izusume Rentaro Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♓︎ February 14th rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 3
The chill of winter is saying its goodbyes, spring warming the days but not yet pooling muddy. Rentaro loves sheets of green and blooming flowers; it's a shame he's surrounded by nothing but golden sand. Not even snow had really touched down upon them, but he had relished in any flake he could breathe regardless.

Today, the sun is on the warmer side. The air is still. It's enough that Rentaro can wear only a short, flowing white cami dress under a warm cardigan. Off duty, sometime in the sunny, weekend afternoon, he escapes his empty home in only ninja slippers with his hair down. Someone has asked him to come out today, and truthfully, he at first thought it might be a secret admirer. Normally he would be inclined to ignore the invitation, but then he had touched the parchment with his bare hands; no malice, nothing primal. He finds it sincere, if not urgent. The young girl he sees scribbling the message looks harmless enough.

Now, Ren tugs on his specially designed gloves, the white lace breaching his wrist. They would prevent him from reading the thoughts and feelings of anything he touches.

Arriving to the designated meeting place, the young man dressed head to toe in femininity looks around for that familiar face from his vision. He's glad it's somewhere public. The small restaurant is slapped on the outskirt of a bazaar, seeing a flowing traffic while remaining fast-paced. A few tables litter the area, the same color as the clay streets; he searches these for the author.
marz has written 2 posts
Your Dad Sucks [social|toff]Mar 13, 2024 16:28:31 GMT -5
Akimichi Keihi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akimichi Keihi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday April 9th rank Adv. Genin occupation Academy Instructor
Nayu was so far her only sibling she had met. The youngest of her known sisters Keihi was somewhat concerned by the way she acted, but it was to be expected from the youngest to a degree - as far as Keihi was aware anyways. She had caught wind of another though, or at least she assumed that she had. Being a medic from another village had not given her anything concrete, but she was also helping with the food crisis mission here in the village and that had let her see information enough on any known dietary issues as well as names of those who showed no issue with consumption of food.

Rentaro had not been a unique name on the list, no what caught her attention was his eyes on the profile. No matter how she cut it his eyes were inexplicably similar to her own and the feeling just didn't subside. So very politely she had written a letter, it was a simple invite out for a bit of shared food and a conversation, but mostly she was there to ask the question if possible. In many cases that was all she could do, and Rentaro being an adult at least as well lent her some credance to want to just be blunt with her potential younger sibling.

She had not expected him to be so feminine up close when he had arrived to their spot, but it was a first meeting so she was gauging on faulty data collection for his personal tastes, "Rentaro-Kun! It is good to make your acquiantance, I'm Akimichi Keihi, but please feel no need to be formal with me okay?"

That was a good start. The thermus of soup that she kept in hand as she took a sip from a table to his side. A warm blue eye gazing at him as she drank, a curious eye but one that was filled with the same sort of intellectual analysis she saw in his. The freckles smattering her visible skin obviously darkened from her time here in the sand.

tag

Toffee has written 7 posts
Your Dad Sucks [social|toff]Mar 13, 2024 22:35:33 GMT -5
Izusume Rentaro
the sun will still rise tomorrow
Izusume Rentaro Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♓︎ February 14th rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 3
The young woman is not much smaller than he is. He smiles upon being greeted, giving a short wave as he approaches and sits at the table across from her. He sits pert, with his knees together and his shoulders square. Miss Akimichi Keihi introduces herself, to which Ren gives a small incline of his head and shoulders. "Keihi-san. The same goes for you, if you'd like to just call me Ren."

Truthfully, he's not one for small talk, so he busies himself by calling over a waiter to ask for plain sencha tea. It's only a small reprieve. In the moments before the hot drink arrives, Ren scans the public, then looks this stranger up and down. As politely as he can, with a sunshiney smile narrowing his eyes, Ren asks, "So, to what do I owe the pleasure? It's not often that I get spontaneous invites from faceless strangers." Lacing his fingers beneath his chin, elbows resting on the table, his smile remains as he casts another survey of the Akimichi. Rentaro's warm, amber eyes swim through her and he briefly thinks of taking off a glove to touch Keihi's hand, to read her thoughts, to feel what she feels, to see himself through her eyes. Instead he's left touchless, left to speculate about her.

His tea arrives. He thanks the barista and takes a careful sip.
last edit by Izusume Rentaro on Mar 13, 2024 22:35:57 GMT -5
marz has written 2 posts
Your Dad Sucks [social|toff]Mar 23, 2024 21:10:37 GMT -5
Akimichi Keihi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akimichi Keihi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday April 9th rank Adv. Genin occupation Academy Instructor
What a respectful young man. The naturally mischievous face of the girl watched him closely, almost daring intrigue to come forward and become apart of the conversation. Though in her mind she was really just taking what she could as notes for the conversation to come, from his taste for teas to the way he shifts. Every bit of evidence gathered, every bit of the idea being more likely. Though how did one broach a subject on whether or not they were related to a womanizer like Kiyoshi? Keihi wasn't fully sure if she could do that given the lack of proof here, but something in her gut still said she was right.

"Well, Ren I actually came to ask about some medical descepencies. I know public isn't always the location to do that, but I heard the drinks here were very good and I just had to try them," Keihi would start off with the truth of the matter. She hadn't brought anything with her because that was so not okay to do with someone's records, but she had more or less remembered the majority of what she had seen as a discrepency. It was just up to whether or not Rentaro would take her up on the conversation.

Toffee has written 7 posts