Better Late Than Never [Team 1]

compose a reply
Better Late Than Never [Team 1]Mar 21, 2024 1:29:26 GMT -5
Yamanaka Suzune
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Suzune Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday Nov. 5 rank Special Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader

七転び八起き
Adversity builds character!

Suzune had no idea if they would even come, after all her arrival was at the eleventh hour and she didn’t think anything she could teach them in the limited window from now until the Chuunin Exams would be enough to make a big difference. If there were just starting out with their training, she could’ve have helped make a profound influence in their lives, but now? Yeah, there wasn’t much.

Still, the bigger question was if they would even come.

She’d sent the letters through their contacts and they were probably busy, but she couldn’t afford to get cold feet at this hour. The bright-eyed young woman hopped in place, bringing her warm hands against her cheeks to slap them lightly as she did her best to do away with the jitters. "Yeah, stay cool Suzune, they won’t laugh at you or anything. You’re just here to wish them well, yeah.” talking to herself wasn’t probably doing herself favors, but it helped deal with the anxiety that came with meeting someone new.

Besides, this was her first stint as a Genin Team Leader, so regardless if she was basically the replacement of a teacher who’d had to suddenly vacate the spot due to pressing health issues, she had to do her best. "Right, relax, it’ll be fiiiiiine, they’re a bunch of genin right? What’s the worst they could do?” she fanned herself with her hands, waiting at this empty vacant lot in a less visited part of town.

It was one of those sites that had been torn down for new construction to take place, but so far, nothing except the leveling of the ground had been done there.

When someone finally arrived she turned to them, waving. "Heya!” she greeted them brightly. "Yeah, you do look like the ones on the photos.” at least she had that much to go on. She’d memorized their files, granted there wasn’t too much information their. Protecting the privacy of these genin did matter. "So like yeah, I’m sorry about this sudden change. I know you guys are probably suuuuuper busy with your training for the exams and all, its why I said you didn’t have to come but I reeeeeally appreciate ya’ll making time for lil’ old me.”

"So, alright, lets get introductions out of the way – well, my introduction, I already know you guys but you don't know me, at least not much about me beyond my name.” she placed her fingers over her collarobone and straightened her back, her golden hair swaying in the breeze. "My name’s Yamanaka Suzune, feel free to call me Yamanaka-san, Sensei, Suzu-chan, really as long as it isn’t insulting I’m totally cool with that.”

"Anyway, as you guys know, your last leader got into a bit of an emergency so the guys up top saw it fit to find a replacement. This is my first stint so I’m new to teaching, but I am a Special Jounin so I’ve got a few things I can help ya’ll with! My skills lie mostly in my clan’s jutsu, but I’m also good with katon jutsu and swordplay.”

"I know its late, but if you guys feel like I can help with anything – training at least, let me know!” she flexed her toned but not quite pronounced arms and slapped it for emphasis. "I’ll personally make as much time so I can at least help you guys out with spars and stuff. Lessons miiiight be a bit late at this stage of the game though.”

"Uh, yeah, I’m talkin’ up a storm. Bad habit of mine, anyone can speak. Relax. If there’s any questions please, I’m all ears. Who wants to go first?!”

0000 -- @tag

last edit by Yamanaka Suzune on Mar 21, 2024 10:03:01 GMT -5
Mystic has written 13 posts
Better Late Than Never [Team 1]Mar 21, 2024 9:02:32 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai was standing there, staring at a woman he could probably lift with one hand. This was his new team leader, huh? Well, the last one didn't fair very well, but... At least he lived. That had built up confidence in Kai- Enough to where he felt a bit more safe opening up to new people. He was getting better at keeping people alive. That meant a lot to someone with so much trauma.

His body leaned on the glaive next to him, a simple hoodie adorning his rather mundane figure as he listened to ramble on and on and on. She had quite a mouth on her... He wondered where she kept all the air to speak so much.

"Eh...?" He glanced around. She gave this big introduction speech, but truth be told... Wasn't Kai kind of the only guy there right now? He awkwardly scratched behind his head as he looked the woman up and down. She couldn't have been much older than him, if at all.

"I'm Kai. I'm a Uchiha. I'm good at Ninjutsu, and Bukijutsu." He listed off a few factoids as he glanced off towards a nearby tree idly, scratching a single finger at his cheek.

"I guess... I don't talk a whole lot to people I don't know. So..." He looked back towards her.

"I hope you can keep up with me in training. I won't go easy on you, since you're our team lead." He would likely be hazing her to see just how tough she was- If she really could take up the mantle as their team leader. Kai turned around a bit, eyes level with her... Well, best they could, considering how much he absolutely TOWERED over this woman...

"We'll be sparring soon, right?" Ah. Well, there you go.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Better Late Than Never [Team 1]Mar 21, 2024 9:35:40 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops

It's a rare instance that Raika isn't the first on the scene, but she couldn't help that she'd been in the middle of training of her own in preparation for the Chuunin Exams. Granted, she'd slowed down on the intensity recently, simply so she could be at her top fit instead of recovering from training by the time the exams themselves rolled around. As it is, she's still in her training attire when she arrives at the meeting site, having sprinted the entire way from the training grounds to be able to make it to the team meet in time. She'd heard that their original team leader had a medical emergency, but she'd not been given much information on it, despite their connection. Well, they were a private person anyhow.

This is why when Raika arrives, she's got the upper half of her coveralls wrapped tightly around her waist, leaving her upper body mostly naked save for a sleeveless and short black tank top, displaying much of her muscular body, clearly showing that she had been hard at work with the muscles at her shoulders, arms, and abs standing out from the effort they'd been enduring until that moment. She was still breathing hard as well, but her lavender eyes trace over Suzune as she introduces herself in a long speech, her black hair pulled back in a ponytail save for a single strand on the right side of her face. Raika was, at that moment, using a towelette to wipe her face, neck, and shoulders clear of sweat. She'd hate to look greasy as a first impression, and the Hung Gar rings she wore around each wrist bounced a bit with every motion. Her feet, clad in black combat boots, tap at the cobbled street while Kai does his own introduction, allowing the Hyuga to catch her breath and clean herself off just a bit before she actually gives her own introduction.

"Heya. Suzu-chan it is. I'm Hyuga Raika. I'm the princess of the Hyuga clan, but don't you dare add -sama to my name. I'm just good at Taijutsu, really."

She gives one of her pretty smiles, just to make it clear she was only teasing about the implied threat. Raika also playfully scoffs at Kai's own suggestion that he wouldn't go easy on her, and she lightly nudges him with the elbow nearest to him.

"I guess that means you'll only nap for half an hour instead of a full one.~"

It's somewhat unfortunate that their sensei is focused on Ninjutsu and swordplay. Well, at least for Raika herself, but she's sure Kai could get some very useful training out of it; swords were common weapons, and so Kai could use the experience in combat against a sword expert.

The suggestion that they might spar soon gets Raika a bit excited, but she works hard to push it down. Their last spar had been rather harmful for Kai, and she wasn't too eager to have a repeat of that particular way to finish a spar, even if it did give her some experience in her other area of supposed talent.

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 252 posts