Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
What the Soul leaves behind

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

When the soul fled the body, it often left some indication of it's passing into the next plane. It was often thought that ancestors of the deceased remained, keeping watch over the next generation and those that they loved. It was a tradition left by the Saeko from ancient times and one that carried on into the next.

While Arashi had never been much of a spiritual being, despite what most would consider with her role in some cultures and clans, she had held onto at least some openness to the idea that it was possible. She had seen as much in those leaving chakra behind in messages and even the clear revelation that there were indeed some spirits that lingered in some form or another.

Yet....that wasn't the case when it came to her mother....

She didn't hear her...nor had she found anything that might have been left behind to give her presence.

Especially when she needed her most....

She was gone...that was it...

Though Arashi was keeping it together as best she could, the cracks were indeed starting to show as she found herself walking towards her parents...her father's home...much as she had in the previous days since. Looking on as she could see those she passed, her expression remained calm before glancing toward the side to see 294 beside her.

Often a singular presence, the Shippai had taken to often seeing her home and usually was at a distance. Perhaps not in sight, but they remained there like a fixture in a sense. It at one point disturbed her, but there was some comfort in having an invisible assassin just around the corner.

Plus, it wasn't as if he often had any real impact in her life and simply did only what was asked.

Though at the moment, she really had nothing she wanted...

Well...not anything that they could provide...

It wasn't as if he could ask him to watch the Pack, since they were more than able on their own and she honestly wouldn't trust that duty to anyone.

Having finished seeing to them, her next task was to ensure that things at her father's home were taken care of. Such as Take.

Still, in silence, Arashi just wished to keep herself occupied as to ensure her own sanity remained strong where her father's failed.

"Ya know? I understand that you having a place of your own is still a issue...but you really don't need to follow me..."

Closing her eyes, she'd say this with a calm tone before then glancing at the individual with a serious expression.

"Especially here..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

Ichibi Curse Seal
The only ability Arashi has competent control over, this is the ability to utilize the curse seal marks over Shukaku’s body for her own bidding. Arashi can will the seals to cover her own body and control them to form various seals to preform fuuinjutsu from her own skin. As such, she can summon weapons she has sealed within them and rearrange the seals to be able to perform various fuuinjutsu that she has knowledge of without scrolls by using her own skin. She may also seal items within the curse marks and rearrange them to perform an unrelated technique before reforming them to summon the item at a later date.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,684 posts
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 1:42:13 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 207 years old birthday September 17th rank Elite Jounin occupation

- Sorry darling -
"This is harder than we both thought"

"Ya know? I understand that you having a place of your own is still a issue..." The young woman spoke up, drawing in the Shippai's attention--which had not been diverted from her, but neither turned to prior conversation.
    It was, of course, not an issue.
    The puppet had no need for an abode, or a "place of his own", as Arashi had put it. But as she continued to speak, it had already been apparent that wasn't what was really concerning her.
    The young woman had a weight to her lately. Her voice was different, and her mannerisms had changed--only ever so slightly, but when the thrums of human life created a melody of their own unique way, Unit 294 picked up on the changes when a shift occurred. Footsteps, breathing, when one chose to speak or refrain from such... they were all patterns, and a familiarity of what was usual for one person came naturally with time.
    But change was natural, too, and Unit 294 was not one to pry.
    "I have need for nothing," the Shippai spoke softly, not shying from her stern expression, but neither challenging it. He was not one to disobey orders, especially not from her. "You may give me the order to abandon my post, if my presence is not wanted."
    Though, he was quiet. The Shippai moved almost silently, and it was rare that he started conversation. Really, it wasn't likely that his presence was considered burdensome or annoying, but humans were territorial of certain spaces, and to some, merely existing in their presence was a grave offence. Unit 294 knew better than to needlessly approach the Kazekage, for precisely those reasons.
    It wasn't right.
    For a lowly samurai to so casually share the same space as nobility.
    "Does Arashi-denka wish for this one to leave?" Unit 294 asked the woman. The question was sincere, non-accusatory. 

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
Mika has written 93 posts
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 2:10:45 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Right...Shippai..."

The fact that she could only name one other Shippai that did have a residence of some sort within the village proved that this claim of having need of nothing was based on preference was an interesting point. Still, had she not have other things on her mind she might have invested more time into it. Truth was, her thoughts weren't exactly in a state that prompted her to investigate such a thing. Despite what 294 might have assessed as acceptable conditions, it was their life, not hers.

Still, it did little to change her mood in being followed at the moment, despite his little interference in her activities. In fact, it was harmless to say the least.

In hearing his statement of being ordered to simply leave his post, Arashi considered it briefly before then shutting her eyes as she continued forward in silence. Honestly, the thought had crossed her mind, and she might even had said if she was certain of an answer.

Her gaze would shift to the side in seeing the passage of two groups of people moving down the street, their goal clear in returning home as one group consisted of a couple, the other of two women laughing about something. Still, it wasn't her concern. She had to keep herself focused on getting at least off the street. In turning a corner, she'd still feel the Shippai on her heels, finding herself releasing a breath upon finally hearing the more pressing question.

Did she want them to leave?

"I....I don't know...No I guess...it isn't like ya bothering me..."

Saying this, she'd stop short as she let a cart move in front of them, seeing the items within it as she then closed her eyes and continued walking.

"I just need to get to Take and make sure that their okay...then I have to try and figure out where to get some decent vegetables for dinner and....FUCK!"

Stopping short, she'd realize something that she had forgotten, prompting her to turn around, almost running into the Shippai as she began to walk back.

"I forgot the meat from the market! Maybe their still open! Damn it! How can I forget somethin like that!?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Enhanced Smell

Somehow, Arashi has gained an enhanced sense of smell. It appears that she’s been hanging around dogs for too long and has obtained a sense of smell that rivals that of a blood hound. In reality, she has simply discovered that by channeling some chakra to her nose she can enhance the cells within it and gain a super sense of smell that may act as a sensor and tracking technique. She can smell out strangers, steel and various other things. Arashi may retract her chakra from her nose as well to make her sense of smell return to normal. Due in most regards to her heavily enhanced sense of smell, With her continued usage of this ability, she has now become capable of near passively monitoring the exact range of a target and their positioning within 250 meters. (Able to turn "off and on" this enhanced sense at the 'prick' of chakra to her nose)

Ichibi Curse Seal
The only ability Arashi has competent control over, this is the ability to utilize the curse seal marks over Shukaku’s body for her own bidding. Arashi can will the seals to cover her own body and control them to form various seals to preform fuuinjutsu from her own skin. As such, she can summon weapons she has sealed within them and rearrange the seals to be able to perform various fuuinjutsu that she has knowledge of without scrolls by using her own skin. She may also seal items within the curse marks and rearrange them to perform an unrelated technique before reforming them to summon the item at a later date.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 2:33:44 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Uncertainty. Frustration--though not directed at the Shippai, but rather, from some other conundrum. But she did not tell him to leave, and so long as she held no resolution, he would remain by her side.
    The young woman listed off all that she was concerned with, fretting for the wellbeing of Take and expressing her next task of needing to secure the proper ingredients for a meal to provide for her family. Cursing herself at recognizing where her mind had fallen short amidst the chaos that clouded it, the young woman abruptly turned heel and nearly ran into the Shippai.
    For a split moment, the puppet hesitated to remove itself from her path, but the woman wasn't so incapable that she didn't avoid a collision on her own.
    "How does one forget their own name?"
    Arashi was slowly coming apart, the beginning of a spiral that the Shippai recognized. When the mind is burdened by great stress, it is easier to forget finer details. And the more stress that there was...
    The Shippai reached out to grab Arashi by the shoulder--but stopped before he could touch her, resisting the instinct. His hands fell loosely by his sides once more as he continued to shadow her. "Arashi-denka," he addressed. "If I may make a request of you..." The Shippai slowed its pace until it had stopped walking entirely, hoping that the princess would mirror his action.

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 3:00:42 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

If there wasn't a clear sign that Arashi was starting to fall apart, it was in the lapses of her memory. Sadly, she wasn't in any state to recognize it. As she nearly ran into the Shippai in her heel turn, she'd move past them in a near graceful effort, moving back down the street in her approach toward the market. Honestly, it was likely that at least one stand was open to at least get a chicken. At best, beef....no...beef was too tough to chew this late at night, even in roasting it. Chicken was better...

As she moved forward, she'd hear the question that prompted her to at least glance over her shoulder with a blank expression.

"What?...I don't know...I mean...ya really wouldn't unless somethin was pressin ya to forget it..."

It was a connected answer, but once again, Arashi didn't see the line that drew them together. In the end, as she approached the usual market street, she'd see that all of them had closed up shop, prompting her to grit her teeth as she scoffed.

"Damn it! Now I have to go out into the desert and kill somethin!"

This was becoming more and more of an aimless and almost drastic venture in which to provide something that likely was readily available at home. Of course, with Arashi already set in her own method, she'd begin to march toward the entrance of the village, checking her pouch as she began to summon her gourd from one of her seals. As her hand glowed to reveal the curse mark that rested on her skin, she'd hear the Shippai address her again, this time prompting her to stop as she caused the Sand Gourd to appear in her hand.

"What?!...I mean what is it?"

Realizing her slight snap, she'd quickly release a breath before then blinking as it appeared as if the ancient puppet was asking to make a request.

"This is new...ya usually don't make requests..."

In drawing the large objects across her back, she'd begin to strap it over her chest before then brushing her hair back with a serious expression.

Considering everything she needed to do, it seemed like a lot to try and add more to her plate. But then again, she wanted to be busy.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 3:19:51 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Unit 294 watched silently as things began to unravel more. Bit by bit, everything took a turn for the worse, and the puppet didn't feel he had the authority to intervene. It wasn't his place to make demands or tell the princess what to do, even when she seemed to have little control over her own mental state. Her voice was irate, and she snapped at him amidst the bubbling frustration that was building in her tense shoulders.
    Though, the Shippai was unfazed by her lapse of anger, and continued to watch her with a still expression as her attention pulled away momentarily from the notion of hunting to look back at him instead.
    Thankfully, and painfully in its own way, Arashi was willing to listen to his request.
    Unit 294 held out his artificial hands, palm-up, for her. "Please hold onto my hands." His voice was calm, and his eyes were studious--taking in her every micro expression. The tension and rigidness in her limbs, the irregular and strong pulsating of her heart, and moments where she held her breath for longer than she ought to. "You can grip them as strongly as you would like. Squeeze tightly to direct your pent-up energy out into my hands... Take in a deep breath with your diapragm. Hold..." He counted to a certain number in his head, before... "Now, exhale. Slowly." And, repeat. 

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 3:33:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Wait what?"

Arashi would blink for a moment in a bit of a confusion at the request to hold the Shippai's hands. It was more than a bit strange, it was just completely out there. If anything, it wasn't something she'd seen the Shippai do or ask before. But then, 294 didn't ask for anything...let alone hand holding. Still, it seemed like a simple enough request, prompting her to approach them with a bit of annoyance as she wasn't sure what the point in this was.

"I didn't take ya for someone that needed that much physical attention..."

Rolling her eyes, she'd take their hands into her own, looking down at them as she allowed herself a moment to really touch the puppet made flesh. His structure was certainly dense, and while the skin of his palms felt natural, it also was rough against her own, much like rubbing sand paper against more sand paper. As she blinked for a moment, she'd then tilt her head to the side as she began to speak again.

"Sooooo...there a point to me holdin ya hands?"

In a moment of saying this, she'd hear what the Shippai had to say, prompting her to narrow her eyes as she listened. Honestly, if there were any more surprises today, she would be ready to scream, but this was less so about what he wanted and more so about what he believed she needed. While she was ready to reject this, especially the idea of gripping down tightly, her body would relent as she continued to watch them, holding his hands in her own as she gripped down.

She hadn't realized just how tense she was in doing this, almost feeling like she was moments away from ripping off the Shippai's arms. Still, in the next action, she'd allow herself to take a breath, holding it in as she allowed the air to rush into her lungs. From there, she'd slowly release it, though in the process, she felt herself tense up as she found herself realizing just what she was releasing also.

"Okay enough...I'm a little wired...I get it..."

Releasing his hands, Arashi would then place them at her side before then looking toward the side as she felt as if she needed not to look at the Shippai for a moment.

"I just....I just need to focus on somethin...anything...and I can't lose that right now....ya know?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 4:00:30 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Thankfully, Arashi seemed willing enough to cooperate, even if a bit begrudgingly. And a quell of relief washed over the Shippai's spirit as she did as he asked, taking in a deep breath and holding tightly onto his hands--although the puppet could not feel it.
    "Okay enough...I'm a little wired...I get it..." The princess muttered in defeat, releasing his hands from her grip and letting them fall loosely by her sides.
    "I am not meaning to give you any 'lesson' or 'talking to'," Unit 294 explained, hoping to ease her defensiveness. "If I am given the freedom to move of my own accord, and act on my own instinct... it was apparent to me that something has caused your nervous system to be in a state of dysregulation. Deep and conscientious breathing aids in soothing the nervous system, since otherwise your body is unconsciously tensing and signaling that there is danger."
    And constantly being in fight-or-flight, even when there was no threat present... wasn't good for mind, soul, or body.
    "If you didn't realize what your subconscious was doing, I wanted to help guide you back." The medic in him, deep down, still lingered. "If you can... what are three things you can see, that are the color 'grey'?"
    Since she wanted to distract herself... and Unit 294 wanted to ground her.

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 4:33:05 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Fine...its more than a little..."

Though the intention wasn't to lecture, the observations were a bit too direct to not reflect at least some semblance of what was going on with her. Even if it was a vague, there certainly was something off and she wasn't so incapable to not realize it herself. She was rushing, scattered, constantly trying to be moving or at least doing something. It was important that she was doing anything at the moment, and even this was starting to feel like an excuse for a distraction.

Especially since she probably should have just walked away...

With her hand resting on her hip, she'd continue to listen before then sighing as she close her eyes.

"See that medical training is comin into play...ya should really be helpin the doc at the hospital..."

Sarcasm aside, she'd hear his instruction and reminder that she was looking for a distraction, prompting her to try and search for three objects that were the color grey. Clicking her tongue, the young female would frown before throwing her hands up as they returned to her waist.

"I don't know...Um....three grey things in the desert....there's...that flag over there....a jug that...probably needs to be replaced....and..."

It was funny how quickly her mind could find an excuse to try and not focus on a task that was so simple. Usually it wouldn't be so difficult to play I-Spy, but the last object was eluding her constantly as each object she spotted wasn't even close to the color requested.

She'd see a mother guiding a child into their home, a woman seemingly headed out to train with a look of determination, and what appeared to be a couple currently holding hands as they came in from the entrance of the village. Everything she was trying not to witness at the moment.

Until finally it came as she pointed toward the couple.

"There...that couple over there...guy has a grey shirt..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would then tilt her head before narrowing her eyes.

"Huh...think it says "Suna or bust"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 4:47:56 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Slowly, bit by bit, it was working. Uncomfortable, rushed, and still easy to distract and yet... it was a task that forced one to focus on their surroundings. To search for details that were easy to skip over when nothing seemed real.
    For Unit 294, who could not taste or feel or smell, sight and sound were what he focused on the most. Insects crawling on stone, the sound of loose sand beneath a footstep. The creaking of a wood post in the wind. The smile and laugh of a person sharing company with someone they loved.
    These were the things that the Shippai often paid attention to when unfocused on a mission.
    Still, Arashi's mind wanted to find a task--some obligation to place on her shoulders. A task to do, a means of aiding someone else instead of focusing her attention and energy toward herself. A jug that needed to be replaced, but it was still the color grey. A broken bone didn't heal overnight, and the young woman was trying her best and the Shippai would not criticize her for it, or point out the pattern he noticed. "Good."
    A flag, a jug, and a shirt.
    "What are four things that you can touch?" Unit 294 asked her calmly. "Can you describe to me what they feel like?"

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 5:03:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

With the task seemingly completed, Arashi then prepared to make her way out the gate, only to find that the Shippai was far from done. With a deep breath, the Jounin turned back to look at him with an expression that asked if he was being serious, prompting her to then lean back upon her hip as she spoke.

"294...I really don't have time for..."

In hearing the next question and instructions, the young woman would begin to consider just dismissing the Shippai and being on her way. In fact, it seemed like an easy solution in which to solve her trouble. She needed to leave, but he was still asking her to do things. Nipping this in the bud would resolve this by just saying that he could leave or just simply stop. Of course, Arashi was at least trying to be polite and accepting of this exercise, leading to her then crossing her arms as she began to think on the four things.

"Fine...but after this...we're done...I can touch....my skin....which feels rough and sandy...as always..."

From there, she'd then reach backward as she touched the surface of the gourd that rested on her back.

"Then my Sand Gourd...which is solid, but also smooth since I got it from the Aiel with Mo..."

Cutting herself short, Arashi then switch to the next thing as she felt her hair.

"My hair...which feels short, silky and soft with the help of a lot of bathing..."

Finally, in reaching for her head, she'd remove the tiara from her forehead, holding the head dress in both hands.

"And my tiara....which is mostly pointy, sharp, but encrusted with the Village seal and has a smooth yet ridged feeling to it..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 5:29:06 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

After this last exercise, they were done. While Unit 294 knew the issue was hardly resolved, he wasn't compelled to argue or resist her assertation. And, even if nothing else, she had managed to take the first few steps in grounding herself, rather than losing her head in a blur of endless tasks.
    Her skin was rough and sandy, her gourd was solid and smooth. Then, there was her hair, which she described as silky and soft. Finally, the young woman removed her tiara from her head and explained what it felt like. It sounded like a more complicated texture, though none of them were something Unit 294 could really understand.
    "Good, good..." the puppet spoke quietly. "And, if I may ask... what are you feeling right now?"
    There was still a lingering desire to distract. She hadn't moved away from the village gate, and though her attention had been fixed on describing to the puppet what the things in her grasp felt like, there was still some level of denial present. An insistence that she didn't have time for the puppet's nonsense, or perhaps, she didn't have time to care for herself. A memory that she wanted to cut off, despite carrying its memoir with her.
    Unit 294 knew he wasn't much for conversation.
    He wasn't a close friend of Arashi's, nor was he a family member. He wasn't even human. There were a hundred different people that the princess should have been able to turn to first for comfort or for help before being offered assistance by a living doll. Whether it was due to shame, because someone of her rank and status had a reputation of strength to uphold, or fear for being vulnerable, there could have been a thousand different reasons why Arashi was where she was right now. And there were numerous reasons why she very well may shut him down entirely, or perhaps relent and feel whatever was eating her up.
    Whatever the course she took, Unit 294 was beside her.

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 22, 2024 5:44:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Annoyed...."

Holding the tiara in her hands, she'd continued to clench it between her fingertips before then grazing gently against the small gold barrette that rested in between two bangs of hair.

"Not at you though...just....at myself..."

Frowning for a moment, she'd see her reflection briefly within the head gear, the steel plate showing her features as she then held it at her side with a calm expression.

"I know how to control my emotions...it was the one thing I was good at...and now its just showing itself in everything else...and this should be helpin..."

It was hard enough to admit that she might just be struggling with this entire thing, but even worse was that she was telling this to someone who probably couldn't remember the last time they felt anything. Still...maybe that was the point...

"My mom's dead....and I haven't even...really let myself feel it...I was able to come to her for anything...it didn't matter....and now I have to be the one that everyone comes to....Set..Take...the Saeko....not to mention that if Dad doesn't get his shit together I'll have to run things for the Oonakayama as well..."

In saying this, Arashi would then bear her teeth down before then seeming to stain with something internal, yet pulling herself back before then releasing a breath.

"But I can handle it...I know I can...I have to because...she would....and she always did..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 23, 2024 2:37:57 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Losing a mother. "It must be very difficult for you." Mothers were important to humans--to all living things, really. Nature called for those with more experience to look after those who had less of it. For those who were bigger and stronger to care for their young and ensure that the next generation could survive. Kinship and community was integral to many species. The loss of one member often created great pain to those who were left behind. A source of comfort, protection, companionship, or many other things that suddenly left you without.
     "And with her absence... a great void has been created--one that you were immediately sucked in to fill, without being given the proper time to adjust or even to mourn." It must have been world-shattering, to the young woman. To have someone who was a rock, an anchor to her, suddenly ripped away. If she had nobody else to lean on, it was no wonder she was suddenly finding herself stumbling.
    All of these people were now relying on her, and she had nobody else to turn to, herself.
    "You must be feeling very alone right now." Even if she did have friends or family that she could look to for support... the way she spoke of her situation--it was apparent that she didn't view them as such. Whether she thought that she couldn't ask for help, that those around her couldn't provide the help she needed, or that there was nobody who wanted to...
    Regardless, it didn't change how she felt.
    "You can handle it," Unit 294 affirmed, slowly. Giving a little nod, he looked over the woman with a gentle expression. "You are strong. But strength does not mean unfeeling, and mourning the loss of someone who was precious to you does not make you weak. Do you believe... controlling your emotions means not to feel them at all?"

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
last edit by 294 on Mar 23, 2024 2:48:11 GMT -5
What the Soul leaves behind[I]Mar 23, 2024 7:36:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music
Arashi remained silent as she honestly didn't have a response. In truth, it was probably because of her own shock at having to get this question asked of her from a being that was in control of their emotions...being that they seemed to have none.

But more than anything else, she was being affirmed that her strength had nothing to do with her allowing herself to feel. It was something she had learned a long time ago, and yet that lesson seemed to not only evade her, it had completely been overlooked as the truth.

She was trying to do everything in her power not to feel anything, because she didn't think that she should. Not only as the Jounin Hanchou, but as an older sister and a daughter. Her family was relying on her to try and keep things together and she couldn't imagine anyone wanting to follow a leader who was emotionally compromised. She had people that she could reach out to, but the last thing she wanted was to burden them. Especially with as much support as she provided for them.

It was a terrible feeling to know you had help, but didn't want to take it...

The price of Pride and Stubbornness...

So did she believe that controlling her emotions meant not to feel them at all?

"No...I don't..."

With a blank expression, the young female would hold her hands at her side, just standing there.

"But I'm afraid if I do I'll break..."

It was a struggle to let those words slip out, holding back a possible outburst as she slowly breathed out and choked back what was likely a response trying to emerge. In that, she'd find herself looking at the Shippai with a calm expression.

"If I do...is it really okay?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Enhanced Smell

Ichibi Curse Seal

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
xSand Gourd
-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS