Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

1024年3月8日

Sachi patiently awaited on the long meadows past the gates of Kusagakure. The air was slightly chilly so the girl wore a haori and a new tailor-made outfit, puffing long breaths from her golden kiseru heirloom. The kunoichi had gone through another growth spurt, her growing pains still affecting her movements and thus she finally made new clothes. Her yukata was now shorter, with no dress or apron in sight, and her leggings changed to tabi pants made of linen and cotton. She wore her hitai-ate in her hair now, which miraculously continued to stay in place.

Her new outfit kept her quite warm in Nohara no Kuni's early spring. She hummed a tune as she sat, the sounds of wildlife keeping her company as the sun shone brightly in the late afternoon which started to make her sleepy under the shade of the trees.

"I should eat something,” she muttered to herself, laying out a fluffy blanket from her sack, wanting to lay down for a while as she waited. She knew she would stay for a while as Kai had mentioned he might be a little later than last time. Although without much communication during their travels, it was hard to gauge when exactly he would arrive. The girl eagerly awaited with a new feeling of yearning and anticipation especially since they were now a proper couple. While this wasn’t the first time she had waited for him to visit

She missed people normally, her friends, and family but in the past month or two since the exams ended, truthfully, Kai was always on her mind, a sort of honeymoon stage of her feelings towards him. She would think about plans, ideas for when he came, talks they’ll have, etc. Only one of them had access to promote and so it put a damper on their plans but as they say, "Patience is a virtue” and she was willing to wait if it meant spending more time with him.

Another pleasant fact about this month is that it was her birthday soon, in tommorow actually and Sachi had plans to spoil herself with food around the area and buy herself a present. She didn’t want to have a lavish party or anything but she figured it would be nice to treat herself. However, Kai was coming to visit her and it was like the icing on the cake. She was incredibly happy that he was granted the ability to come to Kusagakure this month and she also had a surprise for him waiting back at him.

Taking out the light from her kiseru, she gazed up at the blue sky feeling drowsy, eventually dozing off on the blanketed grass.
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassMar 31, 2024 12:39:35 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai had arrived at the designated spot in relatively good health. It was a long trip from Konoha to Kusa, but Kai was no stranger to travel ever since this relationship had started.

No, in-fact, the idea excited him still, and he had more spring in his step as he made his way forward, knowing it'd soon be Sachi's birthday. What a wonderful time to visit.

He'd prepared his gifts, carefully placed in wrapping paper and put into a bag with his other belongings as he made his way towards the village. He knew he didn't have to pack heavy- Sachi usually prepared quite the wonderful lodgings for him- But he always felt as though he should carry his own weight whenever he could, and that included when with a partner.

Spotting the tell tale signs of Sachi- That being her glowing pink hair in the grass, that so perfectly reflected the sunlight- Kai trailed over to her and in his quiet, ninja way, he took a seat beside her. Yes, using that shinobi training for good purpose, to sit there and watch for a moment, before he began to deploy some basic provisions of his own.

The patented Snack Pouch of Kai had been filled with Konohagakure treats, as well as a few Kumogakure treats- He'd found that in his new job, having a travel visa meant he was often going from village to village, sampling in new delicacies.

Of course, that was all peanuts compared to the new habit he'd picked up. Turns out, being around the Kisei's pipe so often had sort of strung onto him, and with a shuffle of his hand he pulled out a cinnamon scented cigarette from a small pack. A single handseal for fire and he lit it, and would let the fragrant smell of burning cinnamon wake up his love as he took a drag and stared out into the distance.

No point in words, no point in startling her. He'd let his actions speak for him, and right now, they were very resolute and calm. A more matured Kai.
Caelum has written 214 posts
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassMar 31, 2024 18:55:50 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi stirred from her slumber, feeling the warmth of the sun on her face as she shifted onto her side. Slowly, she blinked her eyes open, only to find herself face-to-face with the larger form of the Uchiha she had been eagerly awaiting. With a contented sigh, she nuzzled against his leg, her voice groggy as she greeted him. "Fancy... meeting... you here," she murmured, her words muffled by drowsiness and her face buried into his leg. "Hm... When did you get back? Welcome home."

Realizing that she had drifted off to sleep, Sachi felt a sense of relaxation wash over her at the sight of Kai's familiar presence. The comforting warmth of the sun enveloped them both, adding to the serenity. "I missed you," she admitted sleepily, snuggling closer to him. "I see... you got... a new vice." Her words trailed off as drowsiness threatened to pull her back into slumber, the comforting scent of cinnamon lulling her back to sleep.

However, with a determined resolve, Sachi forced herself awake, recognizing that sleeping now would only disrupt her sleep. She sat up, giving herself a firm slap on the face to shake off the remnants of sleep.

"No more sleeping for me!" she declared with determination, her eyes wide open now. Despite her efforts, a yawn escaped her, a result of her recent nights of studying and preparation for their upcoming celebrations. "At least for now, haha," she added with a giggle, gazing affectionately at Kai, who seemed to have picked up her new "vice."

Realizing that they should get moving before the temperature dropped, Sachi pushed herself up from her blanket with a huff. "I suppose we should get going before it gets a little chillier," she suggested, already thinking ahead to the evening meal she had yet to cook. "I bought a lot of groceries but I still have to make dinner.”
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 1, 2024 13:56:46 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Kai watched the girl nuzzle against his leg with a bit of a smirk. She had a funny way of showing her affection- Not in a bad way, mind you, just one he didn't expect as he took another drag, letting her calmly rest against him.

"What can I say. Habits spread like illnesses. It helps with the stress." An unintended side effect, for sure, but one none the less was that it did calm his stress down slightly.

"You know, your good with these sorts of things, maybe you can make some proper stress reducing cigarettes." He lulled over the idea in his head as she slapped herself across the face, standing tall. He nodded over at her, grabbing the blanket and things as he began to pack her stuff, ears twitching at the sound of her speaking on dinner.

"Mrm. Any hints on what we're having?" He questioned, as he rolled his shoulders, standing up.

"Not that it matters. Whatever you make, I'm sure it'll be amazing." Kai gave Sachi a kiss on the cheek as they walked, helping carry her things- His cigarette already discarded (Properly back into its packaging, he didn't litter!)

They made their way back inside as Kai peeped out the window, looking over the sky.

"Think it's going to rain again? You know, I seem to have that effect around here. I guess someone has to keep the grass green, right?" He toyed, allowing Sachi to do whatever Sachi things Sachi needed to Sachi.

As for Kai? He just put his stuff down in the living room, as per usual. Not like he was carrying anything that needed to be put away, and she couldn't exactly see the gift he'd gotten here for her upcoming birthday. Speaking of which, he should ask about that, huh...?
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 4, 2024 0:35:45 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi tilted her head thoughtfully, considering Kai's mention of his tobacco blends. She knew that traditional tobacco could have calming effects initially but could also lead to increased anxiety over time. However, given the Nakahara family's long history of experimenting with herbs, it wouldn't be surprising if Kai's blends included different ingredients.

With a mischievous smile, Sachi responded, "No hints, as whatever I make will be amazing, as you say, right~?" She refilled her kiseru pipe with another intriguing substance, her heart still fluttering from their kiss.

Clouds started rolling above the horizon as they made their way back to her apartment. Punching in the many digits on her wooden yet intricate lock, she made her way into the kitchen putting down her unlit pipe momentarily.

"Rain hm? It seems every time we meet it does often rain. Maybe, the rain helps you cool down as your body is so warm.” She replied to his observation. The amount times it had rained while she was with him is a little uncanny, but coincidences are logical and she enjoyed the smell of rain. "The farmers must be overjoyed. My father is getting too old to continue to work in the gardens but he loves the rain.”

Continuing to ramble, she took out various ingredients from the hole in her kitchen: beef, onions, miso paste, etc; the pink of her twin tails bounced as she did so, quickly as she scurried around her space expertly and effortlessly. "I visited them before the Chuunin Exams and apparently his greenhouse had collapsed and so people from the clan were coming to help him rebuild it. He described it almost comically and insisted that he could rebuild it himself but my mother protested as his back hasn’t been the greatest in recent years.”

There was the sound of a match and then the rapid chopping of vegetables, the kunoichi intermittently opening the window despite the slight chilliness. "Ah, you can set your clothes in my room if you would like. The futon is the closet if you would like to rest, assuming you’d like to sleep there again.” Sachi said a little bashfully. "I know I mentioned this in a letter but Senjuu Minazawa will be coming to stay with us in the middle of this month so you’ll be staying in my room then regardless. Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes or so.” She was glad that she had put the presents out of view although there were only a few places one could see in her cozy apartment space.

As promised, within 20 minutes, she had prepared miso soup with tofu and seaweed and a bowl of savory beef and onions topped with rice with some egg for each of them and put them on the small dining room table.
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 4, 2024 1:00:14 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
No hints, huh? Kai could live with that. His smile ran over his face as he wandered through the familiar space. He could get used to this area, that was for sure. He placed his hands down against the railing as he looked out over the village, eyes wandering over the clouds.

"I could help, if he needs it. I know my way around tools." A smaller skill, and not one of his specialized one, but he recalled helping a certain Senju work on fences and defenses near Konoha. He thumbed on the idea of sleeping alongside the girl again, but the slight kickback from the previous time made him dance on his toes.

"Maybe. I might just use the futon for a few days." Even if it wasn't her intent, it still idled in his mind like a worm in the brain. Ah well. Whatever. He pushed off and waited for his food. It was nice to hear Minazawa would be with them again. He hadn't spoken to her in some time, and wondered what she'd been up to.

He took a seat once the food was ready, groaning in delight as he teasingly undid his belt buckle.

"Going to need the extra space for this one." He grinned like a dog, winking at Sachi as he put his hands together in appreciation.

"Itadakimasu." That didn't take long, he almost rushed it, but man. He'd been walking for a while, he was STARVING. As usual, Sachi's meals were nothing less then heaven to his tastebuds, and he easily began to swim through his portion of the meal- Conscious to leave enough for his loving girlfriend.

"Where will she be sleeping, anyways?" He asked as he reached a break in his eating. There were a lot of spots in the house, but not many good for sleeping. He'd totally forgotten about all of it, in truth.
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 4, 2024 17:07:32 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

"I’m happy that you like the food.” Sachi happily said, clasping her hands together. "Itadakimasu,” before taking a bite from the protein-packed bowl herself. "Taking a few days to rest sounds nice after long travels.” She didn’t understand what he meant by that and figured the Uchiha was tired after his long journey.

"Senjuu-san is sleeping in the living room where you were sleeping before. Since she’s staying a while, I was going to go out and purchase dividers so she could have some company. Alternatively, she could stay in my room with me while you sleep in the living room but…” She pauses with a slightly worried expression before it changes into a smile, "Considering last time perhaps we should wait on that.”

Sachi was pretty cognizant although unsure of the frequency of Kai’s traumatic episodes in the present moment. They didn’t meet too often after he had visited the last time and she didn’t mention it since then. It was hard to gauge where he was at right now.

"But um…” The kunoichi tried to change the subject, waving her hands in front of her, "It’s normal for couples to sleep together in the same room so at least it wouldn’t be abnormal if you stayed in my room while she’s here.”

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 4, 2024 20:15:26 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Senjuu-san. Honorifics made sense to Kai, in way, as he scooped away at his food. He never really took part in them, but, that went without saying. Dividers, company... He shook his head as she mentioned him sleeping in the living room. A gentle smile appeared on his face.

"No, I think we'll sleep in the same bedroom. That's what couples do, right?" He questioned, tilting his head with a polite smile towards the Kisei.

"Plus, it's been a while since..." Since they touched. Hugged. Kissed. Spent time together. His eyes looked back down to his food, having finally finished it, as he sighed.

"That was delicious. If we had Chefs like you in Konoha, I wouldn't be eating snacks all the time." Kai joked, as he leaned back a little.

"...So. How has your training been going? Are you getting any stronger? Preparing for the next Chuunin exams? I hear they are here in Kusa. The homefield advantage must make things easier for you." He twirled a chopstick around in his hand, spinning it idly around one finger.
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 10, 2024 22:21:01 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi nodded, a faint blush gracing her cheeks as she finished her meal. "Yes, it’s... been a while for sure," she admitted, smiling brightly but feeling a bit bashful at Kai's compliment on her cooking skills. While she always happily prepared meals for those she cared about, tonight's dinner held a special significance, filling her with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

"I would cook for you every day if I could. They say, ‘he who takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skills of the physician,’" she proudly declared, punctuating her statement with a playful "tehe." Her gaze shifted slightly as Kai inquired about her training endeavors, a little hesitant to tell him not much had really changed.

"I wouldn’t say it’s been easier or stronger; it's subjective," she began, recounting the last few months. "I've been training daily since returning home, but I did fall ill briefly at the beginning of the year. So, the first part of the year was spent in bed, studying, tending to my plants, and preparing for the medical license exam I'll be taking this year." She paused, stopping herself from her usual rambles, her usual enthusiasm for her studies evident.

Looking back at Kai, she continued, resting her face in her hands. "I still need help with hand-to-hand combat. I'm still rather weak in that area since I'm not usually on the front lines of a fight, as you saw earlier. Thankfully, Kai-kun said he would teach me a thing or two, right?"

Suddenly getting up from her chair, Sachi carried her empty bowls with her as she announced gleefully, "Well, before that, I have a surprise for you!" She returned with a covered basket and a package wrapped in a thin fabric from her pantry, setting them on the table with a cheerful smile. Taking off the fabric of the basket and setting it on the table, it revealed an assortment of candied fruits and ginger, cookies, and various mochi flavors.

"I wasn’t sure when your birthday was and didn’t know if it passed or not, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to give you something anyway,"
she explained, handing him the wrapped box. "Happy belated birthday, Kai."

Inside was a thinly knit, hand-crafted red scarf woven from a plant-like material, seemingly from the Nakahara clan. A well-thought-out gift, she discussed with her father about different yarns she could buy in Hohei-Cho and spent many of her nights before bed stitching the strings together little by little–not even knowing if he liked this sort of thing–but she had hoped it made him happy.

"It’s fire-resistant, so I hope it suits your needs," she added with a warm smile, her eyes shining with anticipation of his reaction.
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Apr 10, 2024 22:34:17 GMT -5
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 11, 2024 0:01:50 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
When she offered to cook for him, a heavy blush appeared on Kai's face. It was... Rather humbling, to have someone offer such a gift to you. For Kai, who rarely had anything given to him by his family, to have someone offer something was such a strange, wonderful feeling that it left shivers running down his back.

He agreed with her statement about teaching her a thing or two, as he placed his hands forward on the table.

"Of course. I have a few-" He was interrupted when she spoke of having a gift for him. She stood up as well, grabbing a basket and placing it on the table, he looked over the fruits, ginger and cookies, his eyes growing wide.

Again, gifts were... A rarity for him. His birthday...? February Fourth, right? It totally passed him by. He didn't often celebrate it- Again, with a family like his...

Taking the box, he slowly opened it, looking over the soft red scarf with adoring eyes. Kai was someone who wore a LOT of clothes, armor included, so anything to add on top of that simply made him even greater than he was before. He pulled it close to himself, feeling the fabric against his fingers and face in a rather un-manly showing, before he looked back up at Sachi.

"I love it. This is... Amazing. I'll take good care of it, I promise." As if in response to that, he shook his hand and wrist, showing off the bracelet she'd made for him. It was still in pristine condition- It was clear it was cleaned often and carefully taken care of- A possession he put as much, if not more value in, than even his own weapon.

Weapons made could be made again. Mementos and gifts were memories forever, of those that meant something to you. And to Kai, the heart wasn't just something, it was everything.

He slowly moved back for a moment though, glancing over towards his bag.

"I know it's not quite your birthday for a few days, but if we're exchanging gifts..." He dug through his bag, pulling out a gift-wrapped bundle. He handed gently over to Sachi with a smile.

"Happy Birthday, Sachi. I won't lie to you... I had to have Saya, one of your friends, help me with this... I wasn't really sure what you'd like..." He blushed a deep tinge of red, revealing the truth of that fateful encounter she'd seen Kai on so long ago.

"She must have dragged me around in the rain for hours. I really hope you like it, I tried to pick out colors I thought would fit you..." It was cloth, of extremely high quality. Although Kai was no rich shinobi, he had saved a good amount of Ryo just for this- Enough to make a full outfit, without a doubt, with various shades of pinks, reds, and even some maroon. Strong and well crafted, they would make for excellent quality clothes.

Meanwhile, Kai placed his hands behind his back and felt... Well, bashful. He just hoped his gift was appreciated as much as he appreciated hers.
We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 11, 2024 14:59:30 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi couldn’t help but mirror Kai’s excitement, her heart warming at his appreciation for the bracelet she had given him. Seeing how well he cared for it filled her with a sense of happiness. "I’m glad," she expressed simply, her cheeks flushing slightly with bashfulness.

Kai's unexpected gift caught her off guard, and she was frozen in surprise for a moment. But then, her eyes lit up with realization, and without a word, her expression conveyed the joy that was seeping out of her. Delicately, she began to unwrap the present, revealing the carefully folded fabrics within. Her fingers traced over the various fabrics, a soft smile playing on her lips. It was all her favorite colors, items that she would’ve bought herself.

"Ah, from that time,” Sachi exclaimed, a rush of nostalgia flooding her thoughts as she remembered her own adventures in the rain. "Ah, I see now. No wonder…but that was so long ago. Were you planning for that long?” Her laughter bubbled as she twirled with the fabrics in her hands, feeling ecstatic. "Saya-senpai is a genius! How did she even know the fabric types I normally used? At the time, I wasn’t aware there was a fabric store in the area. She knows me too well.”

Setting the fabrics down on a nearby table, she approached Kai and enveloped him in a tight hug. "Thank you so much. I’m grateful for the gift. I’ll be sure to make something nice with it.”

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

We Meet Again 🌸| Once Again in the Village of GrassApr 11, 2024 23:12:43 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Well, that smile was all Kai needed. If that was all he could have, he'd die happy, as his hands slowly moved forward and gently wrapped around the shoulders of the younger Kisei.

"Well, she only had to cart me around by the hand half the time... I felt like a bull in a porcelain shop..." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about gifts to give you for a while now. I feel like... It's a good way for me to show you how much I appreciate what you do for me." You know. Outside of the doting. And the hugging. And the kissing. And the sitting there listening to her every whim.

You know, just the bare minimum of what he could do. Smirking, Kai hugged her right back, pulling her head into his warm chest.

"Thank you. Not just for the gifts, but for being such a wonderful partner." He sighed, thinking for a moment as he glanced up at the ceiling.

"So, you still want that training, I assume...?" He'd question, an eyebrow raised.