Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi could say that she was many things....

A teacher...a bad-ass shinobi...a good big sister...a decent daughter and a pretty awesome girlfriend...but a home-maker she was not...

With the time passing since she had started to spend more time within her childhood home, she had managed to help maintain it to a degree that she hoped that her mother would approve of. Her own home withstanding such approval till further notice. She had managed to balance out her responsibilities pretty well and she'd admit that she had some failures in doing so at first. Honestly, it amazed her how her mother had managed to make it look so easy.

Balancing work-life and the household was no easy feat, and as the months went on, she'd recognize this impossible task as no less than a miracle when she had come upon a solution....if it was a solution....

Sand clones were valuable for more than just stealth, and while it had freaked Setsuna out at first to find multiple versions of his sister moving about the house and doing chores with the speed of a jungle cat, it had become more or less an easy adjustment with him barely being at home in the first place. His duties at the academy kept him occupied and while he still had much to get off his chest in regards to their mother, Arashi wasn't the one that he wished to talk to about it. Not that it wouldn't matter...only that the figure that needed to speak was still silent.

Arashi had managed to get some headway with her father in his process of grieving, but it was still just that...a process...

As for her....Arashi was more in the mindset of releasing it in doses...

294 had been there for the first real release of raw emotion and the pressure that had been mounting upon her. It allowed at least a place for the crazy to be unleashed and without so much as anyone judging her for it. She imagined few would dare say anything...

But that didn't mean she was in no worse shape than the rest of her family...she was just good at hiding it...

Especially from Takefusa, who was now more than aware that his mother wasn't coming back. It was a horror that both his older siblings had lived in fear of for years growing up, and with the reality of it now resting on them all, it was a hard pill to shallow.

Hell, if Arashi had been a comfort for kids who had lost their families due to conflict in the past and were alone, and now was doing everything in her power not to seek out the same for her own lingering pain.

Not to say that she didn't have the support...only that it was a struggle to reach for it and maintain her pride...

In the end though, she had managed to keep things steady at home and everyone was doing what they could to distract themselves.

Her father had his studies and work with Lord Kiyoshi, Set had his own duties as a temporary instructor at the academy for the next few weeks before being sent off for active duty again, and Arashi had managing rotations, keeping things balanced at home, her relationship, the pack, and a baby brother.

Who knew just the right questions to push her buttons...

"Do you think Dad is mad?"

Arashi would look down at the small child as she walked with him at her side, noting his developing features as she held her hands at her side. He wasn't so little anymore, capable of recognizing the tension at home and also was aware enough to understand emotions.

"Honestly Take...I think Dad is just tired...he does have a lot on his mind...."

Brushing her hand across her face, she'd then hold up the broken vase with a raised brow before then shaking the handle as it began to crumble.

"Plus this wasn't exactly just decoration..."

Take would lower his head before then looking at the box he was holding, seeing the many other pieces that lingered within.

"So when he yelled...he wasn't angry about the vase..."

"No course not...people yell bout all sorts of stuff...sometimes just to blow off steam..."

"You don't yell..."

Arashi would laugh as she rubbed his head with her hand as she released a sigh.

"Oh the hell I don't...I yell sometimes just to yell...just don't tell anyone..."

Reassuring him, Arashi would continue forward as she looked over her shoulder to see the guard that had been assigned to her. Though in truth, with the history of just how long he had been there, she imagined he'd do this without being told.

As Take look behind him toward the Shippai at their back, he'd gesture toward them as he held up the broken bits of the vase as he held a sheepish smile.

"Then why can't he fix it? I thought Shippai can do anything..."

"HE..wasn't the one that broke it...hence you have to fix it....ya can't go having people running to fix your mistakes...which is why we're asking the potter if they can put it back together..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,684 posts
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 17, 2024 2:26:17 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 207 years old birthday September 17th rank Elite Jounin occupation

- Sorry darling -
"This is harder than we both thought"

Human children were usually quite loud, Unit 294 had learned. Something that the Shippai often found quite unpleasant, but when he considered whether he would prefer being around humans who yelled and whined or chattered loudly, or locked away in a desolate storage room...
    Well, it was a surprisingly easy choice to make, for the puppet.
    Unit 294 listened to the conversation between the two he was guarding, as well as everything else there was to hear in the vicinity. Though, he was not there to converse, nor was it polite to insert himself into conversations he was not welcomed to, so he did not speak. The Princess did well enough to answer the young child's questions, and soothe his mind over the fiasco concerning the vase he'd broken upon accident, so there was no need for Unit 294's involvement other than to provide an additional shadow for the duo.
    Though, what he knew of the princess, she was a strong and capable warrior in her own right.
    Truly, he was not needed.
    It seemed to the puppet, more than anything, that the Princess humored his presence moreso out of pity than anything else. Tasking him to stay vigil, if only to give him something to do so that he was not stuck to wander aimlessly. A kindness, one that might have seemed small to the woman, but held great significance to the Shippai Unit.
    Giving a small nod in agreeance with the princess's explanation for Take's question, Unit 294 quietly added, "There is much I cannot do, young Takefusa-denka. I am but a soldier, not an artisan."

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
last edit by 294 on Apr 17, 2024 2:35:36 GMT -5
Mika has written 93 posts
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 17, 2024 10:24:13 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"See? Exactly...."

Gesturing toward 294 with a small smile, Arashi would then watch as Takefusa would then pout, releasing a breath before they managed yet another corner and entered the more busy part of the market place.

Granted, while Arashi was more than able to traverse the hectic chaos that was the shopping district, it did help to have 294 along with her. It wasn't more so for defense, but the fact that a more than intimidating figure following the back of two figures within the village was enough cause to stay out of their way. Not that he was terrifying in the sense of appearance, but of the overall aura that he presented in his demeanor. Shippai were known to be killing machines, but Arashi had encountered three that displayed more humanity that most would think. It was jaded from years of experience, but human all the same.

Plus, while 294 didn't believe himself in needing anything beyond purpose, she imagined giving him tasks, mundane as they may have been, allowed for some purpose outside of his duties.

Granted, there was no real way for her to control that save for when he wasn't assigned to anything else.

Her father had given her a lot of rope to work with, but Lord Kiyoshi was a new Kage for a new age. She wasn't willing to step on toes unless need be, and she was still in the process of figuring the man out. So far, he hadn't proven to be dishonest...which was something at least...

As they came to the shop, Arashi would usher the boy within the structure, watching from the window as she waved to the man and then leaned against the wall as she released a breath.

"Every time I think for a second bout kids...I look at Take and remember why I'm in no hurry..."

While the conversation with the Shippai could be one-sided at times, she had managed to build enough of a repour with the mechanical being that she wasn't afraid to at least try every now and then to get something from them. At worst, it would be vague as hell.

"I know ya don't have much in terms of memories in your time before being reactivated...but ya think ya can tell me a bit bout Lady Sumiye and her family?"

It seemed a better time than any to ask, and aside from Tsuneo-sensei, 294 was one of the oldest individuals around that would have at least encountered her perhaps. Considering the woman's interest in Shippai, it was possible that she may have spoken to them in a similar manner.

"I've been doing some research into the history of the Oonakyama...and while I was out there...I came across a dagger that was made by Sumiye's father..."

In saying this, she'd look back inside to see Take holding up to the box of broken pieces to the old potter within, seeing the sheepish grin that showed on the boy's face as the man would release a unheard breath before looking over the mess within the box.

"I've look into a look of text related to Sumiye and there was never any real mention of her family...in fact...if anything...they just appeared one day and formed a clan like all the rest..."

Crossing her arms, Arashi would then look to the side as she closed her eyes.

"Sumiye was capable of a lotta of stuff...but I never heard any mention of her using arts similar to that of the Chikamatsu...but then she had workshop with one that was far different from any of your kind in recorded history...and she leaves it behind in order to protect it...so either she didn't think it was gonna be useful in combat or she left it because it could have been destroyed..."

Saying this, Arashi would then glance over to 294 as she spoke again.

"Same with the dagger..granted it was in a box addressed to her by her father...but since Sumiye never used weapons save for Auramite...it would be useless to carry around if not just for sentiment...so I guess what I'm asking is....was there anything that linked Sumiye to the Chikamatsu?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 19, 2024 3:06:21 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

They arrived to the potter's shop soon enough, and Arashi ushered the young boy into the building--encouraging him to deal with the encounter on his own. Stepping into the shoes of adulthood, taking accountability, making action, and working independently without his older sister to hold his hand. And, so, Unit 294 remained outside of the building alongside the woman as she waited for the boy to get the potter's help.
    Arashi made a comment about not being in any hurry to have kids, and Unit 294 only nodded slightly in response.
    Motherhood isn't something I really think about, the Shippai supposed. Children were probably quite a handful to take care of, and it wasn't a lifestyle that was suited for everyone. Though, many people found great importance in carrying on their lineage. For Arashi, Unit 294 wondered if it was something she wanted at all--or if she would only have children out of obligation to her family line.
    Something else, he supposed, that he didn't have to worry about as a puppet.
    No family, no blood to pass on.
    Then, Arashi addressed the puppet, again. Understanding that he had some memory problems--memory problems?
    ...Did he?
    --But, regardless, there was something she wanted to know about--a woman named Lady Sumiye. And, unfortunately, the name didn't ring a bell. Unit 294 listened as the woman continued to speak, elaborating on some of the findings she'd discovered concerning the elusive woman's past and relations to the Chikimatsu family. The Shippai was uncertain, now, if the name was unfamiliar to him because he'd simply never met her, or if it was because he'd... forgotten about her.
    "Do I have poor memory...?" he mumbled, barely audible.
    The woman was an Oonakayama, and didn't usually fight with weaponry--but instead Auramite. Still, she was gifted a special dagger by her father. Not really much to go off of. Carefully, the Shippai pulled out his old notebook as he asked, "How long ago did she live?" Gingerly, the puppet opened the book and turned a couple of the early pages. "In truth, her name doesn't sound familiar to me. I do not know much about the Oonakayama, nor the Chikimatsu."

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 19, 2024 3:48:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"No offense...but you literally get your information from a notebook....so kinda..."

Gesturing toward the Shippai with a calm expression, her eyes would widened upon seeing the book being drawn out as he began to question just when the woman lived. In knowing that much, Arashi would blink for a moment as she spoke, prompting her to look at him as he seemed to glance over his notes.

"She'd be alive within the 900s. Granted, I have no idea when she was born...I just know she became first Kazekage in 947...gives a bit of wiggle room I guess to assume she was born in that period..."

As she waited for 294 to give his input, she'd hold a frown in hearing that he had just as little information on the Oonakayama as he did about the Chikamatsu, prompting her to sigh as she rolled her eyes.

"You and everyone else in the village..."

While her name seemed to not be familiar, he seemed at least to be aware of the order in which he was to follow the leadership presented within the village. So at some point, he had to have encountered one of the Kazekage. Be it the second or the third. Of course, Arashi wasn't exactly previewed to just how long 294 had been active or his life before becoming a missing Shippai. Only that his operation had him traveling the desert for years.

"Every time I think I know exactly where my family comes from...I keep finding more out...maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...no one else seems to care..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would look to the side before then narrowing her eyes briefly.

"Still..I guess I'm just as curious...history shouldn't be forgotten just because someone didn't write it down..."

That said, the young Jounin would then hold a calm look on her face as she tilted her head to the side.

"Did that help at all? Anything in your notes?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 19, 2024 4:13:01 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

"Hmm.........." After a long pause... Unit 294 countered, "Not all of my information." He supposed she was right, though. He didn't realize it, but... well... how could he know... that he wasn't remembering? Especially when he so rarely held conversations to be confronted with his fading mind. He felt like he had a good understanding of the world and his place in it, but perhaps understanding was not akin to accurate documentation.
    In fact...
    Unit 294 turned his head to stray his attention from his book for a moment, to settle his eye instead on the young woman as she rested her case.
    How did I even meet this woman? It seemed like he'd always known her. He had a sense that he remembered the time before she had entered his life, but yet she seemed such a significant part of it, now. Slowly, he turned his attention back to the book, staring blankly at the illustration of a fisherman that he had dedicated an entire page to, fifty years ago.
    "If it's something you care about... that's all that matters," Unit 294 spoke softly. Even if nobody else had the same interest as her--it didn't make her pursuit any less meaningful. She wanted to know more about her family history--and make sure that its people were not forgotten. It seemed like a noble thing, to the Shippai. He flipped to the most recently updated page, which had an illustration of Arashi herself on it, before he closed the book and returned it to where it belonged. Shaking his head slowly, he admitted, "Unfortunately, it seems I have no record of her, myself. I apologize that I could not be of service to your quest."
    Whether he had never been privy to meet her, or she had not caught his interest well enough to document their encounter, regardless--he could not offer Arashi any insight.
    "Though, I am no historian. If she lived, she will have left proof of her life. I'm sure they can be found," he stated. "Perhaps the Chikimatsu have records on their relationship to her, if there was any connection there."

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 19, 2024 4:39:13 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Uh huh...."

Raising her brow with a smirk, Arashi would allow for the Shippai to shift through their notes, making it clear that she honestly did at least believe partially in his claim. Of course, part of it was a bit of teasing on her end.

She had began to realize more and more that while being a creation from years before her own birth, he was able to convey some variation of emotional response. Be them subtle at best, they were just as much human as the real thing.

Even his response to her own dilemma seemed genuine in their belief towards it, or at least in a way that was encouraging.

Perhaps the soul of an individual did truly continue to exist within the Shippai despite conversation. It would at least allow for such things to make sense. Not that mattered, considering Arashi's own experience, she'd consider a Shippai to be just another person regardless.

No different than her just being a regular person with just a few additional parts...

As he scanned through, she'd see the brief image of herself within the notebook, looking over the drawing before it was closed off to her as she held a toothy grin on her face.

"A fisherman?"

Ignoring her inclusion within the timeless book, it appeared as if 294 may have likely used those images in terms of creating a sense of recall. It at least explained the map that had been present when the two of them first met. It created a visual media for them to establish their connection to it and generate the memory.

More ya know...

Despite her statement, it seemed as though he had no knowledge to give her in regards to Sumiye, leading to the suggestion of perhaps reaching out to the Chikamatsu on the possible connection.

"Maybe....at the very least they might know about possible blueprints in regards to ancient Shippai...if theres a paper trail...maybe whomever made the one I met in Sumiye's workshop might be listed there and give me a name to work with...."

Shrugging her shoulders, the Jounin would then close her eyes as she released a breath.

"Still..thanks for checkin...It was a bit of a stretch to hope that ya might have somethin...ya not that old..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 20, 2024 3:52:32 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Arashi questioned the page that he'd dedicated to the fisherman, and for a moment the Shippai paused looking through the pages for the one that may have held any information regarding the woman from a hundred years ago. Turning back to it, the puppet leaned closer in to the woman so she could get a better look at the ancient journal--though he did not hand it to her directly.
    There was some writing on the page in small print, as well as the detailed drawing of the man's likeness.
    "He was an older fellow--with grey hair and wrinkles in his skin. He smoked a pipe, his fingernails were always dirty, and every day he would fish to supply his village with food. In sun or rain, he persisted. I was surprised at his diligence despite his aging body. I remember that he was kind to me, which struck me as odd--as kindness is only wasted on a thing like me. His name was Shougo Takahashi." The puppet smiled--slightly. "Not quite as useful as the personal history of the first Kazekage, I suppose."
    Alas, he could not find any personal record of the woman in his notebook. It seemed that Arashi had not lost all hope, though, which was a good thing if she truly wished to fulfil her quest. And, at the very least, it sounded that she had a good lead. Whoever made the ancient shippai she was referring to might have known why it was located in Sumiye's worshop. It may have been created as a gift to guard, or perhaps the Chikimatsu creator had some personal tie to the woman. Perhaps, even completely unrelated to any connection with the Chikimatsu, the ancient puppet had simply formed an organic bond with Sumiye and served as her companion of its own decision.
    There was no way to know, yet. Too little yet understood.
    Though, Arashi's last comment surprised Unit 294 a bit.
    Lady Sumiye was born in the 900's... was she not?
    "How... old do you think I am?"

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 20, 2024 4:36:18 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Annnnnywayyyy I didn't realize until now that ya seem to use pictures in a way to create recall...I don't think I ever asked about that..."

Hoping that this redirection would be enough to shift away from the clear possible chance of offense in trying to gauge the age of a Shippai, Arashi would sheepishly look to the side as she then glanced back down toward the notebook with a calm expression.

"Honestly, with what I've seen...You might be the only one that does that...is it something that ya enjoy doing?"

It was probably a weird question to ask of a sentient machine, but if Tsuneo-sensei enjoyed weapons to the point of obsession, why not have a Shippai that liked to draw? She imagined that there wasn't much of a guidebook in terms of what the beings were allowed to enjoy in their downtime? Perhaps the drawings may have helped in recollection of memory, but considering the detail that went into them, it seemed to show a bit of passion in them.

"Not that there's anythin wrong with that...its really cool...I just don't think you've ever expressed having interests...and you have a real knack for it..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 22, 2024 3:00:43 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Unit 294 looked down to the notebook as Arashi commented on his method of recall. It wasn't something she would realistically have asked about, because Unit 294 was pretty sure he'd never shown his notebook to her, before. That, and the woman was busy with her own life and interests. She was a princess, after all--there was no reason that she would take any notice or interest in the soldiers fixed to serve her.
    Though, it seemed that she had more experience interacting with other Shippai than he did. And, from the sound of it, it was a unique quirk to have. Unit 294 reckoned that most other Shippai did not have hands, and for those who did--he imagined they would be similar to himself... and he usually did not use his hands for human acts, such as holding someone close or drawing in books. He was a weapon first, a soldier second, his hands were best used for wielding a blade.
    But did he enjoy drawing?
    He didn't know. When he thought about it... the premise of documenting the people or things that caught his interest and committing their memory to his notebook... appealed to him much more than cutting enemies down with a katana. He was unsure why that would be.
    Unit 294 was designed to kill, was he not?
    Was he not an assassin?
    Was his sole purpose not to follow commands?
    And yet... by the sheer number of drawings he had made over the years--the scenery, the profiles, the identification of flowers or medicinal plants... when left to his own devices, he did seem to draw often--and judging by the quality of the images he produced, he was good at it. A skill that only came with practice.
    "I suppose..." Evidence suggested... "I... do enjoy drawing...?" It didn't sound right, but it didn't feel wrong.
    He simply... wasn't sure.
    It seemed to him that hobbies and interests were things reserved for humans--so it didn't seem right that he could have them. Evidence of his past engagements were beginning to suggest otherwise, but... surely there was some difference there that set his activities apart from human interest.
    ...Maybe?
    "Do you have things like this?" he questioned. Perhaps she didn't like to draw... but, really, he wasn't sure that he'd ever seen her do much outside of her duties as royalty or a military leader.

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
last edit by 294 on Apr 22, 2024 3:02:46 GMT -5
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 23, 2024 11:00:08 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

A smile crossed Arashi's lips in hearing the confirmation that the Shippai did indeed enjoy drawing. It wasn't common, but the idea of some semblance of humanity lingering beneath the conceived notion of immortality was amazing for something considered to be no more than a machine with a human soul. Basically, bits and pieces remained , but nothing that was fully complete. Granted, Arashi had always believed it to be true, but considering her only examples were in the few, she couldn't confirm it until now.

As exciting as this was, she managed to maintain herself in the surprise reaction of him asking if she had something similar. Glancing away from the notebook, Arashi would rub the back of her neck with a sheepish grin, laughing lightly as she looked to the side.

"Well...yea...heh heh...course...nothin like this...which is amazing...I mean...I couldn't doodle to save my life...but I have interests too..."

Interests and hobbies....very frequently did they interact with one another. Though for her, they might appear mundane compared to most.

"Mostly I enjoy reading....I've also taken the time to get more into calligraphy...which is mostly just drawing fancy circles and designs...which like I said...I suck at..."

A strange thing considering her ability to use Fuunijutsu was second to none, but no one was perfect...

"And I guess...what I'm doing now...researching history...that counts too....as long as you enjoy it....your interests can be anything..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 23, 2024 23:28:35 GMT -5
294 Avatar
groupMissing-Nin

- Sorry darling -

Unit 294 listened diligently was the woman gave a sheepish grin and explained some of her own interest to the Shippai. Reading, she said, was one of her interests. Though she did not elaborate further what sorts of things she liked to read. Poems? Documentaries? Fiction? Uncertain. But she also had interest in caligraphy--though the woman shyly explained that she didn't believe herself to have much artistic talent.
    The Shippai wondered, for a moment, as she continued speaking on--just how different their interests truly were. Perhaps they were more similar than he thought. Though, he wondered if he truly enjoyed drawing--or if it was something he did without thinking.
    Perhaps there were many things he did with intention, but he simply forgot the feelings that had been there. It was hard to know if he was forgetting.
    Pulling out his notebook once more, he carefully flipped over to an empty page--gentle with the ancient paper so as to not damage the twine or dried glue in its spine. Writing down an additional note for himself, perhaps, that would be read at a different time by a different state of conscious awareness.
    "Researching history... Do you wish to be a historian?" Unit 294 questioned. If it was something she was interested in--was it something she wanted to devote a significant amount of time toward? A hobby or casual interest seemed less significant. But she was a shinobi--and Unit 294 was uncertain how much time and attention a human shinobi could divest toward a hobby.
    But she was also a princess. And royalty ought to have many skills and talents, and being educated with history only seemed a natural proclivity for the position of status. To be informed of one's country's history and politics, and all sorts of other matters that weren't as important to the foot-soldiers.
    "What... kinds of books do you like reading?" he asked, further.

SAs Active:

Unflagging Endurance

Armored Bodies

Titanic Speed

Enhanced Sensory

Enhanced Reflexes

Shin of GS + Adox
Broken Pieces[I/Open]Apr 25, 2024 3:41:24 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Broken Pieces

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

"Hah hah...No way....I wouldn't go that far..."

In truth, Arashi had not really considered just what kind of person she wanted to be in the long run. Honestly, if her future was already laid out in regards to what she did currently, she imagined that it would be too wrapped up in either leading two clans and possibly acting as an official within the village forever.

Granted, there was some hope of perhaps a greater role within the future...

Even before her mother's passage, she had envisioned that her time would be divided pretty well between three different avenues of leadership. So having something of a profession that involved her going on far more venturing trips would be out of the question.

Plus, there was Asahi to consider as well...would he be okay with her being gone that long? Along with that, the village itself would not be keen on letting their Jinchuuriki out of their sight for too long, despite Lord Kiyoshi's blessings.

"But I don't know....I guess I can see it appearing that way with what I do on my down time..."

The next question to come seemed to prompt even more introspection on her part, leading to her glancing toward 294 with a blank expression.

"Ummm...well..theres history...mostly those going back to the early clan days. Exploration of regions discovered beyond Kaze no kuni....Fantasy novelization...Mostly of Princess Mori! And more recently her latest stuff has been a bit dry! Ironically someone thought it was a great idea to make her a political figure rather than let her just be a warrior...but..that hardly has to do with the books themselves..."

Feeling her cheeks turn red, she'd then look to the side as she considered her other reading material.

"There was some novels I read from my old teacher...Hiroaki-Sensei...or as he liked to be penned...Muramatsa The Writer...Heh heh..."

A smile crossed her lips as she shook her head.

"Literally wouldn't have been able to tell by the look of the old man...but his stuff was genius....able to dive into the subtext of details and make it real beyond the pages itself. Even the stuff that you'd never think of..."

As she remembered his writing and the collection he had given her, the young woman would let her smile fade briefly as it grew weaker on her face.

"I don't....I don't think I ever told him that...."

Closing her eyes, she'd then shake her head before gesturing to the side before smirking slightly.

"Doubt he'd believe me though...he was literally his worst judge in EVERYTHING related to himself. Save for one....Sealing...specially mine..."

And me....Funny how that goes...we weren't related or friends or anything...but...

The Desert Rose Seal was considered his best work....and it was proven more than once just how impressive it was in design and ability.

"Anyway...I kinda got off track...most of my reading list varies on just what comes to mind..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Apr 25, 2024 3:43:28 GMT -5