Universal

NAME: Chisana Uzu [Lesser Vortex]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu

ELEMENT: Futon

HANDSEALS: 0

REQUIREMENT: This jutsu requires a fan

DESCRIPTION:
The user takes a moment to channel chakra over their fan then gives it a mighty swing in the chosen direction. The jutsu immediately forms a large swirling vortex of air, like a small and short tornado. It is about 3 meters wide and 10 meters tall and will race forwards in a generally zigzagging path in the direction intended out to a range of about 30 meters.

The churning winds of this jutsu are not dangerous unto themselves, though they may have collected debris on the way which could harm someone trapped in the vortex. More importantly, the jutsu is made to draw target into the vortex and lift them off the ground and fling them skywards.

The jutsu has enough power to easily lift a few hundred pounds of person off the ground and fling it about 10 meters upwards.

Universal

NAME: Kazetsume [Wind Claws]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low

CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu

DESCRIPTION:
The user streams chakra into and around their fan, gathering it up and focusing it along the spines of their fan. After gathering this chakra they will give their fan a good swing to unleash the jutsu.

This jutsu calls forth a minor gust of wind, however the dangerous part of this jutsu are the numerous crescent shaped blades of compressed wind chakra it forms. These blades rush forward in a straight line to slash and cut whatever they come into contact with. Each blade is about 1 meter tall and two inches wide and is easily capable of cutting through people, trees, and compacted earth alike. This jutsu creates five such blades which are unleashed at once and in a narrow cone shape that has a maximum range of 30 meters and is about 3 meters wide at its furthest range.

universal

NAME: Kaimetsu-tekina kaze [Devastating Winds]

CHAKRA USAGE: High

CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu

DESCRIPTION:
The user will release a large amount of chakra into and around their fan and reach far back. After giving their fan a strong swing in the desired direction, this jutsu will unleash a terrible quantity of high pressure and high speed winds.

A gale in excess of 100mp will suddenly erupt in the direction and blast everything caught inside of its large area in its pummeling gale. While these winds deal no damage on their own even well braced people and trees might be torn off of our out of the ground. Weak buildings could fall. Anything airborne in the area will be struck by the winds and knocked out of the sky.

These winds are too strong to feed a katon jutsu, however also will not outright extinguish it.  It consumes a great deal of space in front of the user and in a wide cone out to a range of 50 meters or so.
last edit by Hisana on May 1, 2024 13:06:21 GMT -5
has written 26 posts
A few more fanjutsuApr 20, 2024 6:55:10 GMT -5
Eleri
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Eleri Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
General Question: Would these work with a gunbai? Or do you mean a Tessen only when you say fan?

Kaimetsu-tekina kaze [Devastating Winds]
This feels more like a B rank, and has far too long a range. I also don't think the katon destruction is feasible as it is.
has written 44 posts
A few more fanjutsuApr 20, 2024 22:51:26 GMT -5
Hisana
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
I've upped its rank and reduced it's range. ^-^

I dunno what you would suggest as a fair range for a blast of wind but I am all ears. I am also curious what you think would make the fire destruction feasible, as hurricane force winds are pretty good for it.  Also, I had only intended them for use with tessen, though I leave that up to moderators to decide, and it'd probably be the item explaining it can do it more than the jutsu.

Like, I could also see (cause I've done it xD) a large bird summon doing fanjutsu with their wings, but the summon would need that note.  A gunbai isn't really a fan, but can be used as one.
last edit by Hisana on Apr 20, 2024 22:55:43 GMT -5
has written 26 posts
A few more fanjutsuApr 29, 2024 7:29:54 GMT -5
Eleri
Eleri Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
Apologies for the delay

99m is still far too long, and it comes across as too strong still to me. I would suggest capping it somewhere around... 30m, especially since it's a cone style technique, remove the speed reference, and maybe say something like it is too strong to properly fuel weaker katon jutsu. I'm really not sure about it being able to extinguish jutsu, regular fires perhaps, but not jutsu. And especially not something as widespread as 'C rank and below'
has written 44 posts
A few more fanjutsuMay 1, 2024 13:15:29 GMT -5
Hisana
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
It is a pretty neat jutsu, though I don't know if I'd necessarily call it "strong". It's just a good gust of wind, it does no real damage on its own. It doesn't have a bunch of cutting power, doesn't have a bunch of hidden mongeese or anything like that, it's just a good strong blast of wind that can knock some stuff over. Idealy what would have made it strong is being able to make fire jutsu unable to be cast in the area, as fires are exceedingly hard to sustain in 100mph winds. Not impossible, but pretty difficult.

Also I am rather sure I've heard it said that elements here do not nullify and empower other jutsu as they might in canon, which is something I wanted to explore.

So, being a B ranked jutsu I reduced its range by half down to 50. I feel like it should have further range than the other C rank jutsu that reach out to 30 meters.

Let me know your thoughts. ^-^
has written 26 posts