groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Sarutobi Clan
Burn with the Will of Fire

CLAN TYPE: Narashi

CLAN ORIGIN: Hi no Kuni

CLAN RESIDENCE: Konohagakure

CLAN IDEOLOGY

Along with their close allies in the Senju Clan, the Sarutobi clan proudly known as one of the founding clans of Konohagakure, they are known for nothing greater than a fierce loyalty to their village and the Will of Fire. The Sarutobi Clan stands as guardians of tradition, embodying strength, honor, and sacrifice in service to their village and its people. Rooted in the principles of unity, resilience, and the pursuit of excellence, they strive to uphold the legacy of their ancestors, forging bonds that transcend generations and defending their home with unwavering determination and unwavering resolve.

CLAN HIERARCHY

The Sarutobi clan comprises a network of interconnected families, fostering a culture that discourages intra-familial marriages, thereby promoting individual autonomy within their community. Embracing every villager as kin, they maintain strong bonds among their members with each citizen of the Hidden Leaf village. Although they do have a designated clan leader, their primary duty is to act as a mediator between the village and the clan's constituents. This lack of a strict organization seems to serve them better than the iron-handed leadership of a head of clan.

CLAN HISTORY

year 0 - 888

During the tumultuous era of the Warring States, Sarutobi Sasuke, along with his comrades, fought tirelessly to bring about an era of peace. Recognizing the importance of unity and cooperation, he advocated for the formation of a village where shinobi from different backgrounds could come together under a common banner. Thus, With the Senju and Uchiha clans, the Sarutobi pledged its unwavering loyalty to this fledgling village, and Konohagakure was born.

As the village flourished and grew, so too did the influence of the Sarutobi clan. Renowned for their mastery of fire-based jutsu and strategic prowess, they became invaluable assets to the village's defense and governance. Generation after generation, the Sarutobi clan produced shinobi of exceptional talent and character, who served with distinction in various capacities within the village.

Central to the ethos of the Sarutobi clan was their unwavering commitment to the "Will of Fire" – a guiding principle that emphasized selflessness, sacrifice, and devotion to protecting the village and its inhabitants. This ideology became the bedrock of the clan's identity, instilled in each member from a young age through rigorous training and moral teachings.

year 888 - 1014

Throughout the village's tumultuous history, the Sarutobi clan remained steadfast in their duty, weathering countless trials and tribulations alongside their fellow shinobi. They stood at the forefront of every conflict, their resolve unshakable, their loyalty unyielding.

In times of peace, the Sarutobi clan played a vital role in maintaining stability within the village, serving as mediators, advisors, and mentors to the younger generation of shinobi. Their wisdom and experience were sought after by leaders and villagers alike, earning them the respect and admiration of all who knew them.

However, the path of the Sarutobi clan was not without its challenges. Like all great clans, they faced internal strife and external threats, testing the bonds that held them together. Yet, through unity and determination, they overcame adversity time and time again, emerging stronger and more resilient with each trial.

year 1014 - current

Today, the legacy of the Sarutobi clan endures, a testament to their indomitable spirit and unwavering dedication to the village they call home. Allying themselves with other loyal clans to Konohagakure, there is a tradition between the Sarutobi clan and the Akimichi, Nara and Yamanaka families. Whenever they form a bond, they will proudly display this connection in the form of an earpiece jewelry. Though the faces may change and the world around them may evolve, the flame of the Will of Fire burns brightly in the hearts of every Sarutobi shinobi, lighting the way for future generations to follow.

CLAN ABILITIES

Sarutobi Genetics

While the Sarutobi clan possess no Hiden Jutsu or Kekkei Genkai, the clan has become well known for a select few key traits that are most common amongst their members. Clan members tend to have dark black or brown hair though, of course, a variety of other colors is not unheard of. Many Sarutobi are also born with a natural affinity for Katon, with many members joking that following the Will of Fire comes naturally with the same flame burning in their veins. While this affinity for Fire Style techniques has led many of their number to exhibit mastery over Katon ninjutsu, the Sarutobi themselves have also come to grasp other ninjutsu more easily.

Like the monkey contract they are bonded to, many Sarutobi are also known for their swiftness and deft intelligence, ending up with incredible skills in Taijutsu through their exceptional agility. Additionally, with their steadfast belief and following of the Will of Fire, the Sarutobi clan has been known to show unyielding loyalty to their village, with willpower and tenacity that is near unrivaled by other clans of the Hidden Leaf.

Monkey Contract

Although the Sarutobi clan have no signature techniques like the likes of the Nara or the Akimichi, for example, the clan holds the contract to the summoning of a Simian tribe who call the Forest of Death their home, giving them fame accross the borders of the leave village with their use of Kuchiyose no Jutsu. By signing the contract, the user can summon one of the mighty monkeys to their aid in combat. With more human like features and shinobi training, the Monkeys are an exceptional fighting force.

Monkey Summoning Contract

CLAN MEMBERS

Current Members
  • Clan Leader - Name Here
  • Clan Heir - Name Here
  • Clan Member - Sarutobi Kaneda
  • Clan Member - Name Here

Archieved Members
last edit by Matt on May 17, 2024 13:13:46 GMT -5
has written 5 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 9, 2024 3:55:03 GMT -5
Yofie
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yofie Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday January 10th rank occupation

I will have to ask you to change the logo to what is currently on the clan app.

I will have to ask you to change their ideology to what is currently on the clan app.

I will have to ask you to change their hierarchy to what is currently on the clan app.

I'll have to ask you to change the history to what is currently available or get permission from the current Kage to use the history you've written, but in either case, the current history should be included or expanded upon rather than written from scratch. And if you decide to expand on the history, I recommend doing so properly with dates + include the current write-up too.

You were given the okay to update the clan page, not rewrite it to a new one. This means you can expand on the currently available things, and make the clan page more "pretty". You were not given the okay to create ideology, hierarchy, and history on your own or exclude what is currently available, as that could impact other clans, Konoha history, and established facts in general.

Same comment about the abilities, I do not mind the added information about the genetics and you have a small typo it should be Kekkei (bloodline) Genkai and not Kekkai (barrier) Genkai, but the contract I will have to ask you to write how it is in the current application.
Yofie has written 177 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 9, 2024 22:14:38 GMT -5
Matt
Matt Avatar
groupnull
I have spoken with Belsire about having him review the clans history as Hokage to make sure it is in line with the village, as well as reading over other closely related clans to ensure that I am not treading over any pre-established clan histories, and he should be reading over the clan and commenting with his approval or concerns.

As for the rest of the requests in your review, while I have rewritten the sections from the previous app in my own words, I have re-added the information about ties with other clans, and the other proceedings we spoke about over discord. Hopefully this is more in line with what you were hoping to see, though I am more than happy to make further edits if necessary.
has written 5 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 15, 2024 20:14:52 GMT -5
Reiashi Gure
Reiashi Gure Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday 01-01 rank Chuunin occupation Kyuudaime Hokage, Proprietor of the Gure Orphanage
History seems good to me, nothing conflicts. I really like the section on explaining how they've started to use jewelry to show bonds with other clans. Small details like that go a long way to differentiate clans by more than just abilities.
Bel has written 231 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 16, 2024 2:23:04 GMT -5
Yofie
Yofie Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday January 10th rank occupation

I am not particularly keen on the mention of the Monkey King Enma and the Adamantine Staff in the Summon Contract Section, as such a thing has yet to be approved and I think the Summon Contract description is fine even without it,
and the black bg on the clan symbol, as I think the current white one is fine too and there is no need to add any bg to the symbol, but I will leave it to the next reviewer [1/2 approved]
last edit by Yofie on May 16, 2024 2:25:00 GMT -5
Yofie has written 177 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 17, 2024 3:28:08 GMT -5
Eleri
Eleri Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
I agree with Yofie, please remove the mention of Enma in the summon section, it will read just fine without that sentence.

I also think that the background for the clan symbol is a little unnecessary, and a black background might lead people to think the central portion would be black no matter what the symbol is placed on.
has written 44 posts
Sarutobi Clan | Narashi | KonohagakureMay 17, 2024 13:14:05 GMT -5
Matt
Matt Avatar
groupnull
Eleri Avatar
I agree with Yofie, please remove the mention of Enma in the summon section, it will read just fine without that sentence.

I also think that the background for the clan symbol is a little unnecessary, and a black background might lead people to think the central portion would be black no matter what the symbol is placed on.
Done and done.
has written 5 posts