compose a reply
Perchance to Dream[Written Letter]Jul 31, 2017 13:34:05 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

Z

In the dark of night, it was easy to travel without much trouble. Arashi hadn't been one to do so, mostly due to the concern it would cause. Her mother was stern in her reservations of limiting her to going too far out on her own. But this was something she needed to do. She wanted to do it. Following the faint scent of blood and bone, it's traces having long since been devoured by the eternal sand, much like everything in the desert. It would eventually take over much of the ruins that seemed barely able to stand. But that was a mystery for another day. The girl had come out here for a purpose.

Cloak protecting her from the blistering winds and harsh conditions, the teen pressed on, looking on at the sights of her surroundings as she could see the wildlife kick up at the sight of her. They seemed to sense something in her passing, pressing them to remain at a distance. Perhaps it was her scent or maybe they saw what many people didn't. That there were worst things to fear than the weather...

Still, she pressed on...Moving under the full moon as it maintained it's position over her, guiding her steps until she found herself at a familiar place. An oasis within the middle of the wasteland. Any stains of conflict were hidden, but she could still smell it. She could smell the iron scent of blood, of sweat and tears. It was there, even if you couldn't see it.

This is a waste of time and energy.....

The booming voice in her head persisted, not shy of pointing out how her efforts were meaningless. Usually, Arashi would be more than blunt in her statements against such an assumption. But at the moment, she didn't say a word. She hadn't spoken to the beast since it happened. The moment in which she let herself lose control.

Was it in self defense? Of course, but part of her had wanted to do it. She wanted to kill those Raiders, to stop them from hurting those merchants...from hurting her...from doing far worse than that. But in that moment, she had seen the full strength of what laid inside of her. If hadn't scared her before, it rattled her now. Before, when Shukaku had taken over, everything had been a blur. She didn't recall any instant of it. Only learning of it the next day. It was the same as when she had first learned of her...new self...and her first instinct...had been to run. She'd always run away...never looking back.

"Did...did I kill all those people.....?"

"..............Yes........"

That was the answer she got from her father the first time she saw their graves....and she didn't want to believe that she had.....Their markers rising up from the sand as if they were reminders of each tooth and claw mark she placed into them. They were in the hundreds...but she couldn't remember their faces. But this one she could...she could recall every moment, every scar..every scream. It haunted her, caused her to tears when she thought of them. But perhaps that was the burden that came with taking a life, because you took them with you...holding them tightly to your soul...forever...until the time in which you finally joined them on the other side.

It was a nice thought, at least then you could look them in the eye and tell them how sorry you were...because in the end, it wasn't just the evil she took upon her. But the lives of those that didn't deserve death. The people that had a future, who had dreams....dreams that would never take shape.

Stopping short of the water, the girl removed her hood from over her face, staring down at her reflection as she finally began to speak.

A Girl and her Demon

"Ya know? For a while there.....I almost thought about...just running....not even looking back...just...disappearing as quickly as I got here....But...."

But.....

"I did enough running....and I didn't change...anything.....No matter what....When I close my eyes...I'll still see them...and hear them....and I..I just have to live with that..."

So why tell me all this?

"Because you have to live with it too...as long as you're in there...."

Laughter followed as she began to raise her hand, causing an updraft of wind and sand, her eyes focused as the beast continued to speak.

What do I care of a few human lives lost? I have cast many within the abyss, more than you could count in your short life...I have found little to cause me pause....

"I don't think thats true...Otherwise..you would have torn through me that night...You had ever opening to do it...but you didn't...you just..."

.........The time was not right.....

Closing her eyes, the teen then looked at her creation. It wasn't much, only a hardened post made of sand. It was almost like a marker, pointed and yet unnamed. It held no title, no instructions. Not yet....

Reaching into her cloak, the girl pulled out a scroll, placing it down at the base of the small marker. Then, she clapped her hands together, whispering a small prayer before lifting her head and then beginning to walk away.

"While you may have forgotten them....I won't...because I have a heart....and I do care....maybe too much for you....but I do....and I'll carry it....."

This seemed to cause the creature pause, leaving him silent as he seemed almost locked in his own thoughts...thoughts of a man he knew long ago...one who had said something similar and who had gained his friendship. A monk no less, and not in the slightest of importance...but he remained in his thoughts at that moment. Blocking Arashi out as the girl began to make her way back.

..............Bunpuku.........I have not forgotten you......

Tiny Life

As the wind seemed to pick up, the scroll began to unwind itself, revealing words written within the parchment.

To any that find this note...please leave it as a symbol of remembrance to those that once tread here....

This is a message to all those that may come to find themselves at this place...it was once the home to a group of brave merchants, those that traverse the desert sands in hopes of completing a dream. Two of them were by the names of Noshie and Rui. Young travelers who wished to start a life with their wares and findings in hopes of building a future and a family. While they are no longer part of this world...they're souls will remain strong and part of this place...for where you stand is and hopefully will forever..be known as ...the Traveler's paradise...where one can rest and renew their weary souls....but continue on...to pursue their dreams.....

Signed...

A fellow dreamer...

Made by Riley at THQ!
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 31, 2017 13:41:44 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,680 posts