Chamber D-6

fallen blades
Chamber D-6 Jul 9, 2018 18:24:26 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
"Look can we not just sit around doing nothing? I know we're still split and don't want to...get hurt. But standing around till we get lucky just doesn't sound right." A feeling of agency welled up inside of Tetsuya as he said his piece after watching everyone try to figure out what their next course of action was. The heat in the room was making him sweat and was actually starting to get on his nerves, his clothes felt all clammy and stick for god's sake! That's when he made his way over to the door with the trees and took another look at it.

He had no real clue or concrete feelings about why this door in particular was the right one. Still it was probably the only feeling he was going to get due to this whole exam starting to get on his nerves faster than he thought it would. In fact it really was surprising on how he was feeling really anxious. So without any real hesitation he reached for the door and started to pry it open once again.

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!

last edit by Mikatakujira Tetsuya on Jul 9, 2018 18:25:03 GMT -5
has written 52 posts
Chamber D-6 Jul 10, 2018 2:03:10 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
"I agree... Sitting around and doing nothing only gives us less time for us to find the correct door, but it kind of helped us last time. Its probably not the most comforting way to go about doing things, but it did get us through the first door after we came close to opening the wrong one. Although, if we were to make a decision it'd probably needed to be made now... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that felt the rise in temperature in this room."

With that in mind Sanosuke began to think back and forth on what door might be the correct one. So far the quiet girl held the hot hand and the last thing he wanted to do was to create more conflict, but given how his door could be the correct one as well as her own he begin to feel as though there was something they were missing. The first rooms riddle was extremely complicated to them, yet this time around in this chambers all of a sudden they had all these ideas as to what room might be the right one. Maybe it was just him, but something about deciphering this riddle felt too easy, and given how hard it was for them to get the last door right he knew something had to be off.

Immediately Sanosuke begin thinking back to the moment they first walked through the doors of the last chamber. The answer to the first riddle was that the man thought to have found a Oasis of water died. The end results of his hallucination revealed that he not only did not find water, but that what he imagined was water was nothing more than just sand. With that thought it mind he'd read over what was on the scroll again before looking to see if anything on the murals had a similar ending to the one they correctly chose in the beginning. The East Mural has this person being found dead filling a glass with blood from his neck. The character in this mural also appears to die from dehydration just as the last did. The only things thats left for me is to see how it connects with the scroll. In the end it appeared that their was no connection he could put together.

"Damn... Thought I was on to something.."

Sanosuke muttered to himself as he watched the kid attempting to open one of the doors. The door with the Mural picked by the quiet girl to be exact. He wanted to just go along with it because after hearing her version of why that might be the correct door everyone seemed to rally behind it. But that was just it. Her version of the mural still did not connect with what was on the scroll. The guy in that Mural is actually alive seeing as it appears he is "found" running. The way the scroll reads sounds as if the person its referring to is supposed to be dead. The Takeda momentarily took a break from his thoughts as he began to focus his attention to the white hair Shinobi. From the looks of it he was being surrounded by sand, and for the vast majority of the time they were here lurked on the southeastern corner of the chamber.

Now that I think back he was doing the same thing in the last chamber. In fact, he's responsible for making the first move at opening the door to this chamber and is also probably is the reason we made it this far.

Is he some sort of sensor Shinobi?

If Sanosukes assumptions where correct just as the quiet girl had wondered then both of their answers might have been wrong. Lurking on this specific corner only meant that their could only be 1 of 2 options left. The south Mural, and the East mural. He wished the Shinobi would have responded to the quiet girl, but it appeared as though he was too caught up in trying to discover which door might be the correct one. As it stood now they were running out of time and if a decision was not made now they might not be left with another chance. The pale faced looking kid already seemed to be prying to his way through the west Mural so that had to be a sign that it was time to make some sort of move.

"Well, since he's too focused not too speak up it seems as though he's discovered something in this area using his.... Sand thingy?" Sanosukes words weren't the most convincing, but for anyone not paying attention he figured this might be a way to get them to do so. Based on what he saw from the Southern and eastern Mural both characters deaths had something to do with the neck area. The only problem now was trying to connect their deaths to what was written on the scroll. "I'm going with the east door... My best guess is that if it whisper and ONLY cuts the soul then the kiss on the forehead contradicts that statement as that is a touch that can be seen.. At leas thats what I'm desperately putting together. Either way I'm going in.." He knew his answer might not be the correct one, but given the time they probably had left this was the only thought he could come up with. For now he could only hope that through that door was the exit.
| AP has written 801 posts
Chamber D-6 Jul 12, 2018 7:25:51 GMT -5
Yutakako Ryuu
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Chuunin occupation
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past
Ryuu dropped into a squated position as his mind began to race back and fourth. The group of Genin were finally discussing matters openly and it allowed him access to several different points of view on the matter. Eventually, as it was want to do, the opions began to decent from one another. This caused an issue, for if the group could not get on the same page as they did in first room, they may very well select the wrong door and be worse off than they were now. Still, he closed his eyes and began to break down what information he could. Then the comment about not standing around doing nothing was floated and he couldn't help but agree, though he didn't voice it openly. He knew very well it would just be redundent at this point and he had little time for that.

Running over the different murals he looked at each one individually as his eyes slowly opened. 'The north wall: artist starved to death after locking his treasure away... A valid option if looking at the riddle without possibly reading between the lines. The south wall: the artist found dead with lipstick on the head and a kill shot to the neck... Obvious outside forces and pretty much eliminates it as an option... The east wall: the artist bleeding out into a wine glass from their neck...

Initially looked like outside forces but could be self inflicted, and if we're looking at the wording... It is the only one with a cut in some form. Finally, the west wall: the artist locks away their treasure but is found alive and running in fear... The riddle is talking about death in some shape or form so this is elminiated outright as well... This still leaves us with two choices...'

Sighing, he slowly stood and looked at the genin who was using sand, it didn't seem like he was a sensor type, as if the one shinobis eyes could not see through the walls there was probably little a sensor could do. However, the sand he was using seemed to be gathering in a specific area which made it appear to him as if it was being pulled in a certain direction. If there was anything to it, then there might be cause to watch what he was doing and take note. He heard Sanosuke call out that he was wanting to go with the east door. He shook his head and stood slowly. "If we're talking straight up, the east wall still seems like foul play, leaving the north wall as the prime option.... However, after readjusting my thought process, the east wall seems feezable if one thinks the neck wound is self inflicted... If it is, then it could be a valid option... If we all agree, then I will not argue against opening the East door."

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Chamber D-6 Jul 15, 2018 22:10:03 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

With Life There Is Always Another Chance

In The Light There Is Always Darkness

Uncomfortable. The little Masahiro hadn’t known what to do. If she had chosen a door, they might be displeased with her decision. She didn’t hope to ruin their day or bring mayhem upon them. But at the same time, they all wanted something done. Kaiya could be strong if need be, but they all seemed like they wanted control. Why then did they not go for a door? The one of the group that least seemed to want to grasp control would speak out. He needed to get something done. He would even take her suggestion, the one of fear and flee. To which Kaiya would begin to see him open the door, prepare her seal, and take a few cautious steps in that direction.

This could be the turning point. And if it got worse… she had already taken precautions. For an offensive, she had her seal prepared and ready to go. If more heat came… The child wasn’t sure she could stand it. Sweat already dampened her face, her hair was slowly becoming more wet as time progressed. The child was covered toe to shoulder with layers and protection. This wasn’t Yukigakure. And the heat was near unbearable. Her mind beginning to cloud and certainly her body beginning to feel the stretches of dehydration. Sweat poured from her skin, soaking the layer that clung to her beneath metal plates.

Should… she remove her armor? It had been a thought before. And with the raising of the temperature still occurring she could only believe it might get worse. The small girl didn’t have the ability to withstand heat for so long. But to rid herself of her armor… was not something she was fond of. It was part of her and she was comfortable. And what of her sensei? Master Kirei… what would he think of such a situation… Was she weak for suffering? Should she withstand? Or would he think it practical as their time learning how to walk on water had been? Kaiya sifted through her thoughts quickly in an attempt to seek an answer. In the end, decision would have been that even if there would be no major repercussions in honor, she would wait to see how this door opening would play out. If it grew hotter, she could succumb to the desire to remove layers. If not, then they could move forward.

Watching the young boy move to open the door she suggested, she’d hear another voice. Breaking her concentration just slightly, she’d note that it was the other largely built genin. He was going… to the East wall? Blinking in surprise, confused, and unsure what to do, the glow upon her hand from her seal would sustain, perhaps grow faintly brighter. What was happening? Bright blue eyes darted to the other two. One thinking, but soon to speak up. The other silent and fidgeting around the SouthEast corner. She.. .had no idea what to do. There was nothing really to pacify, but they were coming to opposite decisions. If she stopped them, she risked offending everyone and once more nothing moved forward. They needed to move forward. But opposite ends?

With a small little hum of displeasure coming from the girl, she’d look again to the door that the smaller boy went to open. The West Wall. Taking a deep breath and hoping by her own suggestion, she could only feel a ping of regret. She wouldn’t stop him, she had no real reason to. But the boy that had been playing with sand seemed to be thinking something completely different… Why wasn’t he speaking?

So the West door would be opened. The East as well? Her focus first on that West and then to follow as Sanosuke opened the one opposite of it.

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 24, 2018 23:24:08 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Modding is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Some would remain inactive and others would take charge and finally decide to try and open up some of the chambers. Though even if two attempts of choosing the correct door were made none of them proved fruitful in the end and the heat rose to new heights once more. Soon it would be unbearable even for the hardiest of folk that and the time limit was rapidly approaching.

OOC Note: Room temperature 65°C, 1 rotations left to escape
Posting Order: , , ,
has written 155 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 28, 2018 23:27:22 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD

So many things were going through the mind of Sanosuke as he walked through the door only to see that he chose the wrong one. It was frustrating given that his eyes supposedly had the ability to see so much, and yet he was still falling into traps like this one. With his opening of the door and the other kid prying open the other it felt as if the heat had double in temperature. Up until now he'd been able to hold himself together based on the training he did prior in the desert, but as someone not of this village it was safe to say that the heat finally was beginning to put him down. It was unrealistic how fast his body begin to sweat. Something of which did not happen often given his genetics and the cool climate he came from.

At this point he accepted the fact that none of them in this room were smart enough to solve whatever this riddle was. The only thing he had to go off of was the observations of the sand boy. The direction of which it lurked was from the east and the south. Given that he'd gone through the east door already the only option that was left for him was the south wall. Luckily the quiet girl pointed out the actions out of the sand guy or else he wouldn't have any clues to go after. The Takeda paced himself as he headed back into the chamber where he assumed he might find the rest of the group before addressing them should any of them actually care to listen. "I'm just gonna take a knee real quick." He spoke as he tried gathering himself. It was obvious that everyone else in the room was effected by the heat as well.

All he had left to hang on to was his little training in the desert and his affinity to Katon. His brain was going to be mush if he had not acted soon. "We just tried two doors and none of them worked. The iron guys sand had luck the last time, and right now its headed in the south east direction...." Taking a pause to catch his breath he'd continue. "I.. Ehem... I tried to the east, and even with these eyes I had no luck, so I'm going south." Sanosuke wasted no time in moving to the door and opening it. This time around he didn't have the time to do much talking, and he was sure the others didn't as well. In fact he was probably better off saying nothing at all, but given his recent progression in social skills somehow he felt like it was necessary to do so.

Man if I get kicked out the first round....

I better not..

Sanosuke was ready to progress as a Shinobi, and if he couldn't get through this he was going to have many problems. Being confined to the village and its outskirts was extremely limiting for the Takeda. He was ready to explore and expand his career and this door was it. The room was pretty divided so there was no telling how many people might follow up behind him. He'd be surprise if the girl who mentioned the sand boy didn't follow as she was the one to point it out specifically.
| AP has written 801 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 29, 2018 8:44:12 GMT -5
Yutakako Ryuu
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Chuunin occupation
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past

Ryuu found himself dropping to a squatting position once again as he felt the heat increasing by a significant amount. He felt an anger raising up inside him for actually second guessing his own deduction of the riddle. He originally called the east wall a no go and it seemed he'd been right. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the heat as he rand down the events in his head. He took note of the boy with the sand still hovering around the south east but that wasn't a definitive piece of evidence for the boy. Yes, it turned out that in the last room the sand had been in the right location but that could have just been pure luck for all he knew. Ryuu was a fan of logic and reason and he'd be damned if he was going to base his choice on what could have been a simple fluke.

He heard Sanosuke speak up and he opened his eyes nad looked at him. "I don't think we should be basing our choice on that kind of reasoning..." He spoke but it was too late, he couldn't believe what he was seeing as the boy just made a b-line towards the south door. Ryuu felt his fists tighten but he knew that from his current position he couldn't exactly stop the boy in time, and he wasn't about to take off his jacket and reveal that it was weighted just yet. He sighed as he popped up and decided to stick to his original deduction and moved to the North wall. "Well, at this point we need to make a choice and I'm going to stick with my original deduction on this one... We will see who is correct."

He made it to the north wall just as Sanosuke made it to the south and almost as if in unison he pushed to open it as the south wall would open. As he pointed out, one of them had to be right and he would see if his mind was still as sharp has he'd prided himself on. Riddles were never really his forte' as they tended to have multiple paths but only one true answer. Getting to that answer was always a difficult task and even though Ryuu could take in and process information faster than most, when it came to riddles, there was never really enough of it to make any claim that would be 100% accurate. As such, he had to do the best he could with what he had and the only wall that made sense to him and seemed to fit the riddle to a letter was the north wall. Now, only time would tell which boy would be correct.

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 29, 2018 12:17:27 GMT -5
ura
ura Avatar
groupnull

Ura has been silent for a while trying to focus. He knew that his sand was giving him a hint which pointed towards the southeast corner and it appeared that his temporary comrades spotted the same pattern and finally paid attention. He couldn't quite make out which door it was, however the other two seemed to have an idea... but was it correct?

Considering his Iron Sand, Ura would decide to focus on the area he was currently occupying and since one of the others decided on a door in that particular spot, it was worth a try.

In a slightly risky decision, Ura stood beside Sanosuke and proceeded to aid him in opening the south door. If it worked, great, if not, it would be a damn shame. Even with his high resistance to heat, his back covered in sweat which was quickly evaporating due to the sheer temperature. In desperate times, a little gamble was understandable.

(Sorry for the lack of presence :( work sucks. I will try and be a little more active.)

last edit by ura on Aug 30, 2018 8:03:16 GMT -5
has written 74 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 30, 2018 12:19:30 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

With Life There Is Always Another Chance

In The Light There Is Always Darkness

There was a near whimper from the smaller child. Nothing aggressive surfaced from either door, but the heat substantially rose. Her decision had been made before the opening of the doors and now was essential. Seal falling inactive, the girl reached for the inner clasps of her armor and begin removing plates. Metal placed on the floor in a swift yet delicate manner. It was hers, she couldn’t abuse it, but it was rather detrimental to her survival at the moment rather than essential. So, the girl would strip the metallic plates, leaving them on the ground, a full body suit still clung to her skin that was white in color, with a few skirts still about her waist. She’d make sure her shinobi pouch was still secure, and look to the others.

They were of a similar mind. Kaiya did not take a knee… though her light headedness might have appreciated it. It was hot. But the removal of the armor helped some… The damp cloth along her body feeling just a bit of cool with the removal of heating up metal upon her person. The others were just beginning to move towards that last decision. But different ones…

The fiery personality’d blonde would go to the North door. The larger shinobi to the South. And the one with the fine particles floating also agreed South. Kaiya wasn’t found of them not agreeing. They all wanted to lead somewhere. But… she too had come to a decision. The sand had gotten them through before and was a skill of that Shinobi. Perhaps she should have asserted herself more. Perhaps she should have stood her ground and made her own decisions from the start rather than keep the peace… but it was far too late now. They would all die from heat exhaustion if they didn’t continue on the right path.

The South path.

She was sure of it. So sure. Even with sweat dripping down her brow, she needed to believe in the skills of the one who originally fanned them all for some obscure reason. Even if he made her nervous, he would have no reason to trick them. To die alongside them.

So, the child would do something she found very important first. The small shinobi. The one who opened the West door. Coming to his side, helping him to his feet and putting one of her arms beneath his shoulders and around his back. She’d help him to the South door. They’d get out together… She was sure. They’d all live. For life was precious.

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Chamber D-6 Aug 31, 2018 10:52:19 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
The boy let out a whimper as he found that his choice led him no where. The roo was getting hot and he was feeling a hint of desperation inside of him. That or it could be the beast inside not taking a liking to the increasing temperature. Either was pretty plausible at this point. Everyone was starting to make a decision with the majority of the room deciding to take the south door out of here. He paid little attention throughout this whole ordeal, but from what he could remember was that the south seemed to have something behind it. Well it was now or never.

Looking at the lone other genin Tetsuya decided to join the others in heading down the South path. If he was kicked out of these exams well....well he had no control over that right? Its not like it was his immediate decision to come in here now was it? He just wanted to prove that he was worth something and he thought these would be a good start.

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!

has written 52 posts