Never Enough Time[Asahi]

compose a reply
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 13, 2020 19:32:23 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Oh? She was well mannered and took equal amounts of blame? Well that was definitely something they didn't see everyday. Both of his parents would laugh at the thought of their boy getting into any sort of trouble, mostly because they knew it was true and had more or less confirmed it with the girls words. When they found out that Asahi had been in Sekara they were confused and extremely worried as even in all their travels they rarely ventured anywhere close to that cesspool of a city out of fear for their safety and they had no earthly clue why the boy would want to step foot anywhere near the place, but now things were starting to make sense. The details hadn't been extremely forthcoming other than helping Arashi retrieve some kind of machine or something along those lines and even still in talking to her she didn't seem like the type to take such a big risk.

The two would listen closely as the girl spoke about her instructing duties at the academy. She was cute, nice, and patient enough to teach children? They definitely were now confused as to why she had been introduced to them sooner. The names she listed off were foreign to them but it was clear that a good deal of private tutelage had been assigned to her for one reason or another. Perks of being the Kage's daughter maybe though it would be strange for her only lessons to come from outside of the academy. No matter, this wasn't an interrogation... at least for her. "I imagine being able to keep all those rowdy kids in line is a tall task, but I'm glad someone's doing it." Amerana would reply. She loved kids and had, er, continued to enjoy the joys of motherhood in raising her son and one day, hopefully, would get the opportunity to spoil some grandchildren; though given how her only child was so hesitant to reveal a certain something she could only imagine the experience of getting him to tell them that he had a child on the way.

A slight hmm would come from the man as he pondered Arashi's question wanting to know more about the clan aside from their dealings with village finances. It was were most of their notoriety came from but in the grand scheme of things they hadn't been part of Suna for all that long. "Well, up until not that long ago we were a group of herders and caravaners. Not beholden to any village but traveling around all of Kaze no Kuni peddling our wares and what not. We helped out quite a bit during the third shinobi war but only joined the village about thirteen years ago or so. I think it's been thirteen, hard to keep up after all this time." Omitted were the details of the previous Kazekage ordering the execution of the clan for not joining Suna at his request or that in penance they had been given control over the gold industry and a very large plot of land to dwell on within the village. Strife and conflict existed even within ones own country and though villages were mostly a combination of clans coming together it wasn't always a smooth transition. However, while the memories were not forgotten only so much would come of holding onto this grudge. It was a reminder but not their fate.

"That's the watered down version, anyway. Matter fact, Asahi was born not too long after we officially joined Suna." He would add. It had been a nerve wracking time bringing new life into a place they were still unsure of themselves but rearing a child turned out to be the perfect thing to really get their roots planted in Suna. Meeting new parents, watching them grow with friends and become a shinobi for the village, it was all great; and the people were so happy when he came back from the chunin exams, with top marks no less.

"Enough of those boring details, honey, Arashi dear, tell us how you guys came to know each other. He didn't get sent to the academy for lessons one day, did he?" A small laugh would come from Amerana as she inquired, just a little teasing to hopefully loosen her son up a bit as he looked about ready to fly himself to the moon.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 608 posts
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 13, 2020 19:56:33 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 531

NOTES.

Moment Music

"Oh reallly...how bout that.."

A small inflection came out, but Arashi hoped that it didn't show too much as she took another sip of tea, hoping that Asahi would step in sooner or later. Right now, she was feeling the effects of being grilled. Even if that wasn't their intention, she just sensed in a way. Perhaps unintentional, but she'd imagine any parent would want what was best for their child, and considering his birth was around the time that the Clan had officially joined Sunagakure, that made him quite special. They'd be sure that she was good enough, if they weren't already wondering just what their relationship was already.

Though in truth, she had a feeling that they knew...

Still, she wasn't going to say anything....keeping her mouth shut as she then learned more about the Kokujitsu and honestly, it was fascinating. Herders that would eventually becoming part of something greater and while the details were hard to come by, his father seeming to not really remember the exact date, it was still nice to learn a bit more.

Most of the knowledge she learned from the clans were either from books or off hand information presented by members. But for Asahi, she did want to learn more....

It was easy to look up the history of the Oonakayama, they were around for years. Perhaps not as much involved in Shinobi history later own due to them becoming bankers, but it was there that they came from a line that had been royalty. But even she didn't learn that until she was much older, and that wasn't during the time in which she had temporarily defected to wandering the streets for nearly two years.

So her taking up the responsibility of teaching the youth of the village came, she was naturally more or less resistant to it, her smile showing some akwardness as she did her best to shake it off.

"Well....it can be a challenge some days...everyone is eager to become a shinobi...but not many know just what the cost is behind it...I try to ease them in and that way...I just let them know what to look forward to..."

Its a lot...though she had a feeling that perhaps Asahi wasn't exactly meant to be in such a road at the start.

"Its a challenge some days...but I somewhat helped to raise my younger brother during the last stages of the war, so I just look at it like that in sense..."

Arashi was trying her best to keep the conversation going. The last thing they all needed was for things to get weird. As she began to reach for the kettle, pouring herself another cup of the blueberry tea, she' hear the question just how it was that the two meant, the woman joking as to how he could have shown up for a random lesson at the academy one day.

With a smile on her face, she'd shake her head as she then resting the cup on her lap before cupping her hand under her face.

"Actually...we didn't meet at the academy...we met on the streets during one of his deliveries...he had gotten a bit lost and I helped him get back on the right track..I even helped with some of the shipments too..it was fun!"

Flashing her toothy grin, she'd soon let it fade as to not appear too giddy as she could see that Asahi was still struggling.
[/b]
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 13, 2020 20:13:04 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 13, 2020 22:56:30 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Asahi could sense that his girl was about at her limit for keeping up the conversation by herself but the thought of just blurting out such a dramatic statement was still eating at him. He didn't think his parents would be upset per say, maybe just disappointed that he had gone so long without telling them which may have been even worse. Maybe there was something else beneath the surface that was eating at him and preventing him from just getting it out of the way but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

His parents would listen to Arashi speak on her duties as an instructor and how she equated it to raising her younger brother. Being a teacher was fun and all but at the end of the day she was preparing them to be shinobi, to be warriors for Suna and if worse came to worse: die for the village. They doubted that she used any kind of scare tactics to weed out any of the kids but letting them know what they were getting themselves into was the least an academy instructor could do for them. They had felt all types of anxiety when Asahi was being looked at to become a shinobi when he was a child and they prayed that the clan leaders would look elsewhere, but losses in the Ame/Suna conflict all but confirmed that the boy was going to become one. He was a gentle child and the thought of him becoming a killing machine for the village just didn't sit well with them, to watch their 'soft sun' become everything but that. However, even in his four or so years as a shinobi his gentle demeanor had never really gone away. He was still a bit shy, concerned with his well being, rarely reckless (Sekara aside) and it warmed their hearts to still have their baby boy. Of course, they didn't know that he had burned a crew of pirates alive or evaporated every ounce of liquid from a group of bandits in Sekara; hell, even some of the messier details of his mission with Rin he had left out. Neither of the two adults had even come close to becoming shinobi and hearing about the sometimes gory and often nerve wracking exploits of shinobi life Asahi feared would be too much for them.

Ato would chuckle upon hearing how the two met and it sounded just like an Asahi moment. In an effort to get the younger members of the clan more acquainted with the village they were often tasked with delivering parcels all across Suna and on more than one occasion their son had gotten himself lost so it was completely believable that he would need some help at one point or another. "Mm, yep that does sound like him alright. And I guess it's just been history ever since, eh?" He would reply with a chuckle, gaze shifting between the two but lingering at his son. The kid hadn't made eye contact with anyone in the room since they'd all sat down and it was honestly a little depressing to see him so tense.

Things weren't going to get any smoother going forward considering just about all the pleasantries were out of the way and the only thing that seemed to be left was the big reveal. The chunin would have liked to avoid it at all costs if possible but the walls were closing in and he couldn't leave Arashi out to dry too much longer less she actually start to get mad at him. She had given him one pass, but he probably wouldn't be fortunate enough to get a second.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that....... We're dating now." For the first time in what seemed like an eternity the boy had actually looked his parents in the eyes and, as he expected, time slowed down even further. They wouldn't blow up on him now, not in front of company, but they had other ways of showing their displeasure. His mother would rise from her seat and make her way behind the boy, her hands wrapping around him as she lay her head next to his ear, whispering something inaudible to the rest of the group that caused Asahi to tense up for a brief moment before relaxing. "Not too hard was it? I was afraid you were gonna keep us and this poor girl waiting all night." Amerana would speak as she laid a hand on the girls shoulder, a beaming smile on her face. "We are so happy to have you, Arashi. If there's anything you ever need don't hesitate to ask." She'd add, a gruff nod coming from Ato as his way of agreeing.

"Well, now that the elephant is out of the room how bout we give you two some privacy. There's plenty of snacks in the kitchen so help yourself." She would speak once more before giving her husband a look. "Hm? Oh.. oh yeah, let's go take a look at that moon." He'd quickly add before downing the rest of his tea. In a matter of moments the two would be out the door leaving only the two young adults, one of which was still in disbelief that he had finally told his parents.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 5:49:35 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 595

NOTES.

Arashi had been keeping the conversation going for quite some time now, doing her best to answer questions and try and help to create the image of herself that was acceptable. Though she imagined that she didn't have much else to paint for them. Aside from a minor topic, but she figured that they likely were more than aware of the other elephant in her closet. Yet, as his father seemed to agree with the fact of Asahi getting lost seemed very much like something that would happen to the teen, the girl would grin with a small giggle as she took a sip from her tea cup.

Though it was right at the moment that Asahi finally began to speak, confirming that they were dating to his parents and leaving her to nearly choke as she then lowered her cup as she looked at the teen with a blank expression.

He had been quiet for so long that she hadn't believed he'd say it. So in hearing him speak of the matter, while somewhat rough on the transition of subject, it was a bit a shock. Enough so that she'd just blink before looking toward the older couple and then back at him.

Honestly, this could go a numerous amount of ways. The worst being that they would forbid it or simply turn into monsters the instant someone heard that their little boy was dating a Jinchurriki. Hell, the way the boy had been so fearful of bringing up the topic all this time created the idea that his parents were secretly ANBU in her mind, just using the cover of traders and simple folk to infiltrate the village for an assassination mission.

Yet, as his mother seemed to move around toward them, Arashi still having a blank expression lingering upon her face, she'd seem to hug the boy from behind, whispering into his ear with a smile on her face as she informed him of how bringing it up had not been so hard after all, leaving it at that as Arashi simply covered her mouth as she did her best not to listen in. Though if anything, she imagined it was likely that the big secret wasn't exactly that at all.

They knew all along...

In congratulating Arashi with a pat upon her shoulders, the girl would smile with a nod, her cup now settled upon her lap as she watched the two begin to move up as they seemed to wish to allow the two some space. With the offer of her being able to come to them anytime she might need something, the teen would stand up and bow in thanks as she nodded her head as she set the blackberry tea down upon the table.

"I will...Thank you Ma'am..."

Moment Music

Soon enough, along with speaking of there being snacks within the kitchen, they'd leave to go and take their own view of the moon, leaving the two youth within the living room, Asahi apparently still in shock, and Arashi now closing her eyes as she released a breath before flopping back down next to him.

"Ya know? That was...strangely anti-climatic..."

She'd say in a straight tone as she began her teasing,gesturing with her hands toward the opposite end of the room.

"I mean..I knew that ya were afraid to say anything to them, but I figured it was because the mention of dating would transform them into great beasts of destruction that would rampage Sunagakure without end...Hell demons breaching out from human flesh to dominate the world of all relationships and lovers for all time...."

With her teasing done, she'd then look at Asahi with a small smile as she raised her brow.

"You okay?"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 14, 2020 6:04:14 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 10:03:11 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Even hearing the screen door shut and knowing that his parents weren't in the house did little to ease the boys tensions. He was fully expecting them to run back in and begin the questioning at any moment, giving a brief reprieve only to lower his guard. It was perhaps a bit dramatic but not unfounded. They had put him over the fire for days after the incident in Sekara and though physically it wasn't as annoying as early morning gate duty the emotional toll was heavy. One question answered led to three more popping up and they varied across the spectrum, but the one constant in his answers was helping out Arashi. If he had spoken up about their relationship so soon after said incident they definitely would have had reservations, perhaps outright forbid it for the amount of trouble she was getting their son into. That was why he was so hesitant to let them know, though in the end his parents probably already knew Asahi was getting into these situations because he cared for the girl.

The girl would speak on how she thought there would be more after the revelation, fire and brimstone spewing from the floor as thunder crackled above. No, his parents were rarely that dramatic but they had other ways of getting their point across. They wouldn't act brash in front of company but his mothers whispered words were a sign of things to come: a storm that the chunin would have to weather on his own in the very near future. The boy would take a deep breath and exhale slowly, anxiety slowly beginning to roll off of him.

"Yeah I'm fine. I wasn't trying to hide you or anything but if I had told them right after we got back from Sekara they probably would have reacted differently, even if you were here, which is why I held off for so long. It sounded like they were fine with it now but there's gonna be so many questions going forward and they're gonna be constantly checking in. I know they do it out of love but it's just so annoying." Perhaps it was just another excuse, or at least it sounded like one, and speaking it out loud did make it sound silly but if anyone knew what to expect from Ato and Amerana it was Asahi.

"Normally I'd say we're even but since I'm sure my whole clan saw you walking through the compound you definitely owe me one now." He'd add with a laugh.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 10:49:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 487

NOTES.

Moment Music

While Asahi finally confirmed that he was okay, he'd go into explaining that the delay wasn't out of him trying to hide her, but to keep off something far worst that was to come. After the events of Sekara, a lot of things were being placed in the box of "dangerous conversation". While they had already received their punishment for the act, Arashi had yet to get too much of a lecture on the matter from her parents aside from the usual of what the hell were you thinking points. Still, she imagined it might be a bit of a different story for Asahi's family.

"I get it...its easier for a family that literally puts their lives on the line everyday to discuss stuff like missions and duties. Your parents aren't shinobi and your their only son. It's naturally that they'd worry about you..."

Honestly, this perhaps explained a lot about the young man. His parents were very quick to concern it seemed, and it was likely that if details of the affair were made known to them at that moment, it might turn into a conversation of just what kind of a risk was Arashi to their only child. But she wouldn't blame them for being scared for him. Arashi had done her fair share of stupid things with Asahi tagging along for the ride, often getting hurt in the process.

It was all the more reason for her to try her best not to just jump into danger if she didn't have to...because she had someone in her life who would jump right on after her.

It was something to consider, especially for the future, that Asahi's world was far different from her own when it came to family dynamic. Not to mention atmosphere...

While her own home was dripping with history and knowledge, his was more...simplistic. It was certainly more modern to say the least, which was not a bad thing at all. Sometimes she wished her home was a bit more like that at times.

Resting her hand beneath her face, her body leaning against the back of the sofa, she'd look toward Asahi with a blank expression as he explained that since probably most of his clan saw her this evening, they likely were just as aware of their relationship as his parents. That meant that now they were once again no longer even when it came to their pass system. With a narrowed expression, the girl would pull her feet up upon the sofa, sitting down upon her knees as she looked off to the side for a brief moment.

"Okay fine...I guess I do draw a lot of attention! But I am a princess after all...my bad..."

In that moment, she'd then turn back to him and gave him her usually toothy grin as she placed her hands down on her lap.

"How do I make it up to you?"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 14, 2020 10:51:11 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 11:26:34 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

The difference in family dynamic probably did have something to do with why Asahi's parents were so protective of him. The Kyokujitsu had produced a fair number of shinobi over the years, though there was a point that the teachings of the sun goddess had thought to been lost and with it the ability to harness and train Shakuton, but that had since been rectified. The clan had sent many warriors into various conflicts in defense of themselves and the country, their power aided Suna during a time they were not affiliated so it wasn't like the entire clan was full of pushovers, but it was certainly different when your flesh and blood was sent out to fight.

He had never asked his parents why they hadn't tried for another child, if anything it probably would have put more pressure on him to be an exemplary role model than was already being asked, but their worry in raising one child whilst settling in the village was surely enough for a few lifetimes. When it was discovered that Asahi had the ability to produce Shakuton neither of them were thrilled as they knew his life would be that of a shinobi from that moment forward, but not only that it was the rigorous training that he would have to endure before training could even begin. It was necessary for all who showed the kekkei genkai to go through that process though in reality it was good training for a clan that constantly lived off the land. Suffice it to say his parents were always worried given his less than forward demeanor and no matter how many promotions he got or who he ended up working for they'd still worry.

"Yeah I know they mean well and it's only natural to worry but it can be a little much at times." He'd respond. Honestly there was no stopping what was to come but a little more confidence would help him cross the oncoming hurdles.

He was surprised to hear Arashi go along with his sentiments so easily, perhaps even a bit more so that she had played the princess card. A bit of back and forth or even outright denying his claim was what the boy expected, getting to the goal so quickly was shocking and to be honest Asahi had never really expected to get this far, so when the girl asked how she could make it up to him the chunin was drawing blanks. "Hmmm, well how about you surprise me, oh princess-sama." He would reply with a laugh. Perhaps she'd have an idea, or at the very least it'd give him long enough to stall to think of something.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 11:49:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 187

NOTES.

"Way to switch back on me....Hmmm...let me think..."

Closing her eyes briefly, the girl would then look at him with a smile as she then tapped her cheek as if she were one of those character princesses.

"I could bake you a cake....Nah...Or how bout...No..."

Tilting her head from one side to the next, Arashi was clearly toying with him at this point, surely knowing what she could do for him. Of course, executing it would be the issue as it would likely have to wait until tomorrow. Still, it was something special, something that she rarely did for anyone outside of her little brother.

"I got it...."

Leaning forward, she'd look at him direction as she held herself close to him.

"How about...after the full moon...tomorrow...I make you lunch...ya know? Try out that whole domesticated girlfriend type deal? Sound good?"

The teen would then lean back as she crossed her arms over her chest before then holding up one hand as she shook her head.

"I don't exactly make lunches for people often, so its a pretty big deal ya know?

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 12:08:02 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Asahi was having a tough time trying to figure out what was going on in that head of Arashi's. Sometimes it was simple, especially when it came to her impulsiveness to try and help people, but now... it was a mystery. Passing the buck by making her come up with her own penance wasn't the nicest thing but she was definitely the more creative out of the two of them so at the very least it'd probably be fun. Of course, there was always the possibility that she would settle on something that toed the line and considering they were in enough trouble as is he would have liked to avoid those ideas.

The chunin would listen as his girlfriend cycled through ideas. A cake was... interesting. He liked sweets, didn't love em, but the effort put in to baking meant just as much as the end result. Alas, she would move on from the thought and on to.. well, she never verbalized anything else. Just mights and maybes, considerations. Asahi was readying himself to veto any idea too out of left field or one that would put them even further under the heel of the village but thankfully that wouldn't be the case today as Arashi decided on making him lunch.

His head turned slightly like that of a confused puppy. Lunch was... not what he expected. It was hard to ignore the grand dinner she had made for her family and Asahi only a few short days ago when she mentioned not doing that kind of stuff often, though he supposed what with their busy schedules there wasn't much time for a regularly home cooked meal. The boy would ponder for a few moments, doing his best to make it seem like he had to weigh the pros and cons of the presented deal. "Lunch lunch lunch.. yeah I suppose it's a good start." He would reply with a sly grin.

Just then, a thought popped into his head. It was perhaps a little forward but oh well. "Hey uh.. do you want to see my room?" It shouldn't have felt as big a deal as it was to ask but he figured that this time he'd show her something of his first. Granted, it was probably best for his health that he not be in Arashi's room but they'd cross that bridge when they got to it.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 12:23:55 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 364

NOTES.

Arashi would grin as he seemed to be perfectly fine with the suggestion. Of course, that meant that Arashi would seriously need to put her best foot forward on the making of this lunch. It wouldn't be too hard, but appearance was everything when it came to special lunches. Or at least, that what her sister always told her. She was a weird one, but had enough information when it came to pleasing men and women that it was sometimes scary. Still, her own way of doing things certainly wasn't sweet. Not all the time. It certainly wasn't girlish either, since most of their outings involved either fighting or someone getting kidnapped.

Yet with this, came the sudden offer of him showing her his room, leading to Arashi nodding as she rose up from her sit and stretched.

"Totally! I've been dying to see whats so special about those models ya kept mentioning! The only ones I ever saw were basically in a store in still in a box..."

It had been one of the few ideas she had in getting him something to pay him back, but Arashi really didn't know what kind of models in which the boy would like? If anything, this would give her a good example of what to do next time. Especially with the concept he seemed to suggest to her prior was keeping things simple.

"Lead the way..."

Stepping to the side, the teen prepared to follow him in the direction he went, her hands held behind her back as she continued to look around the place as well.

It really was a nice house...even within a compound...

Arashi had only lived in a place similar up until the point when her father became the Kazekage. After that, much of her life had been within the manor. Or at least, until she ran away from home. Simple places like this were prime next to a ruined hunt or the remains of an alleyway. Thinking on it now, Arashi had probably spent more time in the alleys than she did in shelters.

"Seriously though, I don't think I ever asked just why ya make models?"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 12:59:23 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Well that was easier than expected, though considering how down for an adventure the woman always was she was going to be hard pressed to deny this opportunity, or at the very least to find some more stuff to tease the boy about. Granted, Asahi had already told her about the figures he liked to put together in his spare time though he supposed that actually seeing them could have changed her perspective on them. He hadn't gone into much detail about what they looked like so maybe Arashi thought they were scientific or shinobi related in some way instead of the big nerd relics that they actually were.

"They're kinda nerdy so don't judge me too hard when you see them." He replied while pushing himself off of the couch. He'd lead Arashi down the hall until they reached his room, a click of the light revealing a decently sized room with all the accoutrements one would expect of living quarters: a nice sized bed, a sturdy chair next to a wooden desk covered in books, papers, and scrolls of who knew what, a couple dressers and a window looking out into the village. On the walls were pictures and paintings of various kanji though a particular hanging scroll near the door held the six tenets of the Kyokujitsu that they were sworn to abide by.

A smaller, nightstand-esque table that was sitting next to his desk propped up a few interesting looking figures, one of which a black, gold and white armored figure holding a large scythe with a green blade. The other looked more akin to an armored tiger that was covered in orange and had a sharp, menacing red eyes to boot. "And these are a couple of my figures. Dead Sickle and Tiger-6." Asahi would speak as he went to grab the first one. Each was roughly half a foot tall and basically starter figures for people to work through until they felt comfortable enough to try their hands at something a little more complex, and for the chunin it was sitting in a big box in his closet.

Fig 1.

Fig 2.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 14, 2020 13:57:56 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 410

NOTES.

The room was a bit of a way of looking into the mind of another person. It showed various objects and perspectives in a way that could describe the likes of an individual and what they enjoyed doing in the security of their home. In Arashi's case, aside from a stack of books, her mirror and perhaps some posters of various movie stars, she'd have her desk covered with papers that indicated her variety of different Fuuinjutsu techniques and other notes from her job as an teacher.

As he warned her that it might seem a bit nerdy, the girl would roll her eyes with a sigh as she smirked in his direction.

"I'm sure its not that bad...but if it helps..I won't tease ya on it..."

In Asahi's case, she'd find that she was stepping into something a bit similar. But if anything else, he had a lot more expressed with the way it felt like she was surrounded by paper symbols and a list of the principals of the Kyokujitsu clan. It was a quite amazing, yet another thing she could see was while it did seem cluttered a tad bit, it wasn't a mess in the least. Something that Arashi couldn't claim as she wasn't exactly this neat.

Though the true sight to behold would be what stood upon a small night stand, holding upon it's surface two figures that appeared a bit different. Certainly more than she was expecting as she blinked once before then looking at Asahi as he picked up one of them to show her. Apparently these two were called Dead-Sickle and Tiger-6, two robotic like creations that appeared out of someones clear fantasy. Yet, it was as if they were from a different period of time completely.

"Hmmm..."

Tilting her head to the side, she'd look over the object, doing her best to try and understand it. Of course, she was more or less out of the loop in just where these characters came from in terms of genre.

"Okay....so why are they fun? Because I have no idea what I'm lookin at to be honest..."

Arashi would hold a blank expression, though did her best to try and figure it out. She couldn't say she'd see anything like it. Though it was possible that maybe they were book characters? Perhaps films? Confusion was one of the things that came to mind, and while Arashi was doing her best, she'd have to cover her mouth as she attempted to stop from laughing.

"Not to mention I may have to take back my word on not callin you nerdy...this is soooo insane...

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 22, 2020 7:48:35 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 16, 2020 22:10:41 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

There had been on a good number of occasions when Asahi felt trepidation while in the presence of Arashi: when they were sat in front of her father after wrecking part of the slums, when he had decided to commit to her, when the two ventured into Sekara, when he sat across from her family at dinner, and just a few moments ago when they sat across from his parents. This, however, seemed on a different level. A persons hobbies were often tied to their personalities and in a way their self-esteem, so it was always tricky when sharing that piece of oneself with someone not knowing how they would react. He had given the girl fair warning that the figures he liked to collect and put together were on the nerdy side and while she assured him that she would do her best not to judge the current look on her face was... anxiety inducing.

She would ask where the fun factor came from as they looked so out of place that one simply couldn't find joy in owning a single one of these... ok so Asahi was being dramatic but that's pretty much what he had heard. "Well.." He'd begin, pausing for a moment to ready himself for a conversation he had went through on more than one occasion. "... Part of it is the satisfaction of watching it come to life when you're putting the pieces together, and then having a piece of the series right in front of you like you just plucked it out of the pages." Oh geez, he had totally turned the nerd factor up instead of making the figures sound even the slightest bit cool. Would she break up with him for it? He wouldn't blame her, this was totally uncool saying it out loud. The girl was even backtracking on her promise not to cast him into the realm of the nerdy for his collection. No, he couldn't let that happen.

"I mean, it's not that bad. A little different but.... I'm sure I could find something just as weird in your room." The boy replied as he shifted into full defensive mode. The best way to get the heat off of him, in his mind at least, was to flip the script back on Arashi. Given the life she had experienced there was little doubt that the woman had some weird stuff tucked away in a corner that she probably didn't want to see the light of day.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 17, 2020 7:31:23 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 574

NOTES.

While Arashi was simply teasing him, she could tell how important this hobby was to him as he experienced the stories of these characters through the act of building them from scratch. It was something different to say the least, but it was no more separate from someone simply writing a story with the same people in mind, and just using their imagination. It wasn't as if the girl was not guilty of the same thing. So as she waved her hands from one side to the next with a sheepish grin, her expression would shift as he seemed to claim that she probably had things that were just as weird in her own room.

"Gah! Well...I mean...shit..."

Lowering her head, the teen would soon rest her back against his desk, hands holding herself up as she then looked to the side with a reddish tint taking over her cheeks.

"Okay...true...I mean...not too much though..."

Thinking on it for a moment, her expression would become calm as she began to recall the items from memory.

"Theres my collection of Yufumi Chono romantic adventure novels...first editions...my Autograph book, which ya already know about...though not sure if it's as valuable now since Sugetsu-sama turned out to be a total fake..."

There was still a bit of bitterness at the truth being known that her film hero and partial star eyed crush had not been who he claimed to be. While she had kept his secret in exchange for him contributing to the village with funding, her eyes were narrowed briefly as she recalled all the trouble the two of them had went through to protect him from those that wished to hold him for ransom.

Funny how that had been hers and Asahi's first mission...

Crossing her arms, she'd then blink as she looked to Asahi once more as she then spoke once more.

"There's the stuff I found at the First Kazekage's tomb, which is mostly just what remains of Gold Dust. Still have no idea how to use it, but I figure it's better to keep it than just leave it there for more raiders to try and take it....my posters of Sugetsu-sama...."

Realizing what she had said, Arashi would then turn completely red at the fact that she even still had them hanging on the wall.

"Just...just to keep the image of him being a super star in tact ya know?! Not that I have to..don'tlook atme..."

Hearing this all out loud, she was looking at Asahi as having nerd like tendencies, and yet she was still a complete fan-girl at the end of the day. Not to mention that she also still had her picture with Princess Fūn actress the one time she had come close to the village when she was younger. If anything, she was just as weird as he was. Or at least had a hobby that was a bit strange and out there for most.

And that wasn't even the crowning achievement of what she was still holding on to. Though THAT wouldn't be something she'd share with him tonight. In fact, it was a secret that she would take to her grave if she could. Especially since it was an old trinket that had shared more hard times with her than good. Not to mention that a old stuff bear probably would do nothing good for her image if it got out.
-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 17, 2020 8:59:30 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 21, 2020 21:33:50 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Huh, it had actually worked. Asahi had never been in doubt that Arashi had developed some weird hobby or obsession in her life but he was surprised that she allowed him to flip the script on her with hardly any blowback. He was grateful, of course, but the chunin wasn't too sure just what the woman was about to let him on and if he'd regret opening that can of worms in the immediate future. No matter, it was too late to take back his words now and boy was he about to regret it.

Owning a series of romantic novels, while a bit stereotypical, wasn't a huge shock though it was funny to hear that even the rough and tumble Arashi had a soft spot for the mushy stuff. Then came the autograph book which was common knowledge between the two of them and within it held the signature of now confirmed and, to Asahi's knowledge, still blackmailed actor. It had come from the mission the pair had been assigned to and in their line of duty found out that the actor who had been touted as a highly skilled shinobi was anything but. That had been a doozy of a time for quite a few reasons. Still, it was just a scribble of words and crossing it out would have raised more suspicion than not so it wasn't too big of a deal.

The chunin should have been surprised that his girlfriend had somehow found her way into the resting place of a former Kazekage but it somehow felt right up her alley and he wasn't quite sure if it was worse that she broke into a dead man's tomb or had stolen something from it. Granted, it was to stop someone else from possibly taking it down the line but that still didn't sit quite right with him. Alas, the young Kyokujitsu didn't get an opportunity to inquire about that situation before the revelation of Arashi still having posters of Sugetsu up in her room.

Asahi's eyes narrowed out of reflex at the news as he tried to process it. Was he... jealous? No definitely not. Well, a tad maybe. Confused was probably the better term. They both knew that guy was a fraud and though a deal had been made to not divulge his secret it was still weird to keep a poster up. The autograph book was one thing, an entire poster of his face was another. Fine, fine, it was fine. She had promised not to judge and he would do the same.

"Grave robbing and romance novels, definitely some interesting hobbies you've taken up." He'd reply trying to completely gloss over the part about the poster. Perhaps he'd save it for something down the line when he needed to one-up Arashi on something, but for now he'd act like it hadn't been said at all... though his narrowed eyes weren't helping his case.

MADE BY VEL OF GS