Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 521

NOTES.

The fact that Asahi had taken much of her weirdness in stride was a bit of a compliment. Despite the fact that he seemed to ignore the one dealing with Sugetsu, which she wondered if that was a personal choice or simple that of accident. Yet as he seemed to state that romance novels and grave robbing were part of her hobbies, the teen would let her brow twitch slightly as she soon allowed herself to burst out as she frowned at him.

"I WASN'T GRAVE ROBBING!!"

Removing her purple sweater vest, allowing her much more ability to be more flexible, the teen would soon begin to pace the room as she began gesturing out just what exactly had happened to bring her out there to the first Kazekage's tomb.

"It was my dad's idea! He's a bigger history nut than I am! He had been looking into Lady Sumiya, the first Kazekage last resting place and actually found out where it was! It was lost to the records during the Third Shinobi War due to fear that if anyone found it would learn the secrets of making Gold Dust! He invited me to tag along and I did! From there we found the tomb, got attacked, I actually met the soul of the First Kazekage and she imprinted upon me her will and the secrets to making the stuff after reinforcing my Desert Rose Seal!!"

Stopping in the middle of the room, her arms spread out as if she were a bird, the summary likely made it sound like she had come up with this whole thing on the fly. But in truth, it was perhaps the best way to describe the entirety of the affair. After all, talking about how the people that attacked them was also the same people that drove her aunt insane and how her father brutally killed him would likely be another story in itself. Not to mention how speaking with the dead wasn't something that was common place, nor the idea that she had actually had information about how to make the stuff.

Bringing her hand to her face, she realized what she had said and then looked away for a moment as she then managed to contain herself.

"It wasn't grave robbing..it was...Archaeology...besides...if ya had seen the place..it was literally everywhere! Not my fault I happened to take some for the road...I wanted to see if I could actually make it work...and its not thievery if it's family...right?"

The fact of the matter was that it was a struggle. Gold Dust was completely different from sand. She couldn't even control Iron Sand, and that was something that her father had mastered. Something that even her little brother could do as well. In a way, it made her a bit of an odd case.

The first born of the Oonakayama Clan was incapable of bending the very thing that gave pride to their family. She wasn't sure if it was due to Shukaku, or if she never had the ability to do it in the first place. Maybe it was simply that...

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 21, 2020 23:27:05 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 22, 2020 6:50:10 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

His narrow expression had turned to one of slight surprise as Arashi refuted his claims of her adventures in the tomb of the first Kazkekage of being grave robbing. He was surprised to hear that it was Takato's idea to even go looking for it in the first place, though if her story of wanting to keep the gold dust out of the hands of bandits and the such was true it'd make sense that the man would want to do such. Still, the chunin was having a tough time wrapping his head around the fact that the mild mannered Takato would have such an interest in ancient Suna history that he'd not recognize the less than stellar optics of breaking into a previous leader's place of rest. Or maybe he did...

Where at first the story was just a little amoral with time it had ventured into weird with the addition of assailants and ghosts that could strengthen bijuu seals. There was visible confusion on the boy's face as he tried his best to keep up but honestly he didn't know a whole lot about the past leaders of Suna and what they could and couldn't do, but being able to live on as a ghost was not on his list of possibilities. The chunin wondered to himself if the elements had perhaps gotten to Arashi and she might have imagined the whole thing and it was in fact her dad who had worked on her seal, but Asahi knew better than to say such a thing aloud. There was always the option of asking the Kazekage himself at work but there was a hefty chance this was information that probably wasn't supposed to be shared in the first place and the last thing he wanted was for either of them to get in more trouble.

"Umm, might be even worse because it was family." Asahi would begin. He was trying hard not to let Arashi's attempt at justifying her actions slide by but it was so hard to pass judgement on that face of hers; he'd really have to work on that to stand some chance in this relationship. "But I guess it's better in your hands than someone who would definitely do no good with it." Well shit, so much for holding his ground. "I'd probably just avoid telling that story to too many people, though."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 608 posts
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 22, 2020 7:23:03 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 637

NOTES.

Arashi really didn't have much of a leg to stand on here, but she was adamant that doing so had probably saved the village a lot of trouble considering the circumstances. Still, it was likely that explaining all those other factors would be more than enough to get both of them in trouble. Especially as the secrets behind the tomb had only been known to her father, mother and herself. They had yet to actually expose it's whereabouts fully to the public, what remained of it at least.

It had been buried once more after they had gotten what they had been seeking due to having to escape pursuers, but the knowledge was safe within her. Crazy as the idea was of wills and souls being passed on to one another, Arashi had seen her fair share of the dead to know it was now possible through the use of Fuinjutsu. Though she didn't know exactly how, clearly these legendary masters had managed the feat.

Though she would admit to the point that perhaps her taking something from a blood relative was a bit shady.

"Yea saying it out loud...it was a bit douchey..."

Eyes closed, the teen would cross her arms as she looked off to the side with a narrowed expression.

There was a bit of guilt in taking a small sample of the material, but it was the only real way for her to learn more about using it. In her defense, she had been gifted with the information on how to make it, the matter of using it though was still in the air at this point.

Crossing her legs as she plopped herself back down upon Asahi's desk, she'd listen to him state the clear fact that perhaps this story was best left out of general conversation, leading to her then sighing as she lowered her head.

"You're the only other person I've told about it...kinda hard to start a conversation off with...'I spent my summer vacation seeing dead people'.."

Discretion, while at times not her strongest trait, was in play when it came to this. After all, the dangers of such knowledge getting out was quite dire. Sumiya had been basically a god among men in her days as Kazekage. She had united armies and bandits together under a single banner and helped to form Kaze no Kuni in it's infancy. The responsibility of keeping such a secret was difficult, but she had managed to handle it pretty well. Not even her brother knew about it, not to lack of trying.

"I know how crazy it sounds, but it really did happen...though I'm not sure just what it means anyway...I can't even use it...at least not yet..."

Holding up her hand, she'd allow a small bit of dust to rise up from her fingertips, letting it form and shape itself into a small ball as she looked at it with a calm expression.

"It either has somethin to do with the composition of it, or simply that due to my connection to Shukaku I can only perform Sand techniques. But with a weapon like that, it could literally make the village unstoppable...or in the wrong hands basically get us all killed..."

With the ball of sand shifting around into a orb like state, she'd then begin to cause it to change again, this time adopting a more modern appearance as she replicated the shape of Dead Sickle in the palm of her hand.

"Anyway...that story was just to make a point...not to make me sound like I'm goin around robbing the dead..."

In saying this, Arashi would then look at Asahi with a pouting expression before then placing the replica down upon the hardened surface supporting her, shifting her gaze toward the window as she could see the full moon that everyone else was apparently enjoying.

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 22, 2020 23:54:22 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 29, 2020 22:19:24 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

Perhaps he should have given Arashi more of a benefit of the doubt when it came to telling people about her peculiar activities and Asahi felt a little bad about it but his initial thoughts now a days when it came to whatever Arashi found herself getting into were that a bunch of people were going to know about it in a short amount of time. Perhaps he had become more aware when those rumblings involved his name as well after a while and, in no uncertain terms, reached the ears of his clan mates which led to... uh... less than pleasant talks. But that was a story for a different day. "Yeah you're right, probably not a good idea to let that info slip out." Asahi would reply sheepishly.

He'd watch as the girl made a sand version of one of his figures while stating that she couldn't actually use the gold dust that she and her father had found in the tomb. The chunin wasn't the most knowledgeable when it came to minerals and he wondered for a moment if that stuff was something that could even be manipulated by shinobi or if it was the remnant of some entombing gift that had degraded over time. It may have made sense that Shukaku was the reason she couldn't do anything with the gold, biju were weird and there was no telling in what all ways they affected their hosts bodies. "Is Shukaku the jealous type? He may not want you using some other type of mineral when he's letting you manipulate sand already." It was a thought, a wild one at that, but it kind of made sense to the boy. If Arashi's body had attuned itself to manipulating sand over all these years then trying to switch to something else on the fly probably wouldn't work, at least not at first.

Asahi would let out a laugh at Arashi explaining that the story was to not paint herself as a serial grave robber and while the chunin hadn't thought that at first he was definitely wondering about it now. Granted, Takato had accompanied her, and according to the girl it was his idea from the jump, but there was just no telling what all Arashi got herself into during that rebellious streak when she ran away from home. "I know I know, just messing with you... mostly." He'd notice the girls eyes shift to the window. While others were out enjoying the full moon this was perhaps the most vulnerable time for Arashi. "How long do you have before you have to, um, do.... uh, what exactly is it you do during a full moon?" The boy would ask. He knew the full moon was ominous for her but he had never asked just what Arashi did during it to keep Shukaku in check.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jun 29, 2020 22:55:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 544

NOTES.

Asahi understood the discretion in keeping this information to himself, leading to her nodding her head as she continued to look toward the full moon. At least one of them did. Arashi would admit that when she was excited about something that happened to her, she was hard pressed to keeping her mouth shut. But in this case, she had managed to do so because of just how important such a material was. This information could shift more than a few gazes in the direction of this being a way to change everything. But there was no point to exposing it if they had no idea how to make more.

Granted, there were no books or scrolls to explain it's development...Everything that was known of it was now in her mind. Much like pictures over pictures with memories that weren't her own. Sealed away alongside the extra reinforcement given to her by her ancestor. Perhaps one day she'd figure it out, her father certainly had been a great help in that. Though in truth, they were both at a loss for the moment. As Asahi theorized that perhaps Shukaku was the driving force behind her not being able to use Gold Dust, she began to cup her hand beneath her face as she thought about it.

Years of having a beast inside of her, she had never known the One Tails to be the jealous type. Petty maybe, even to the point of playing games with her head and physical form. Even malicious to the point of murder with the excuse of survival. Though jealously wasn't that far of a stretch considering his constant bemoaning of being the strongest of the Tailed Beasts.

"Ya got a point...still..ya make it sound like hes a jealous ex.."

Laughing lightly into her hand, she'd place her hands upon her lap as she stopped looking at the moon for a moment, waving her hand to the side as it appeared that the boy had simply been teasing her.

"Ya startin to act more and more like me everyday...If I didn't know any better..I'd say I'm rubbing off on ya..."

As a toothy grin came over her face, the question of how much time she had before needing to leave to do..whatever it was that she did, left Arashi a bit blank before then tilting her head as she narrowed her expression and held up her hands as though they were claws.

"Ya mean before I turn feral?...Not long..."

Honestly, depending on how the events of the day of the change was, usually she'd spend it simply wide awake and reading. It was rare that she'd find herself in a position that left her questioning just what she did that night. It had only happened a couple of times, most outside of the village and once within the desert. It was after that incident that she ensured that any action to prevent people from getting hurt would be best done far away from the people she loved and in isolation. Hence, her rooftop escape.

"This is actually the first time ya ever asked...."

Her expression was blank as she leaned in slightly from her seated position.

"Ya sure ya really wanna know? Pretty scary stuff..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 3, 2020 7:44:17 GMT -5
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 10:18:47 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Hearing that some of Arashi's tendencies had seemingly rubbed off on him nearly made the boy shudder out of reflex, not that he found them lesser in any way but just that they were so opposite of his own patterns of behavior that it was hard to believe; though it had been obvious for quite some time that the chunin had opened up a great deal more in the time since he and Arashi had begun steadily hanging out so it was bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully it would just stick to a bit of teasing now and then as any of the more brash tendencies would only land them in more trouble.

He wasn't pleased to hear that there wasn't a whole lot longer Arashi had before she'd have to fully concentrate on keeping Shukaku at bay for the evening. Asahi still didn't understand the connection between the beast and the full moon but that would have to be a question for another day. Her pitstop at the clan compound was already kind of pushing their luck and neither of them could afford any kind of incident at the moment. She questioned the chunin on if he really wanted to know what kind of events transpired on a night like this and to be honest Asahi wasn't all that ready to answer 'yes', though if it was anything like he saw in Sekara then it was probably best he didn't know his girlfriend turned into a raging sand beast on the regular. Out of all the events that took place in their short time in the city seeing Arashi in that form had stuck with him the most and it was the first time he realized just how dangerous the thing sealed into the girl was.

With that said, if they were going to be together then that meant Shukaku was along for the ride as well, whether they wanted it or not, and for Asahi to be able to help his girl in the future he needed to know what all he was dealing with. Granted, she had done most of the helping to this point but with a little more knowledge that would hopefully change. "Yeah I'm sure. On the off chance we can't get you somewhere safe on a full moon I gotta know what to expect." His answer was more practical than caring but the chunin was sincere in his words. He was going to be there to help Arashi in any way he could.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 12:51:57 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 596

NOTES.

Moment Music

Though Arashi was trying to make light of her full moon activities, it was clear that Asahi was being practical in his wish to learn more about just what it was that happened during this time of the month. Which was reasonable, considering what he had seen in Sekara and that was just a taste of it.

With the many Jinchuriki she had encountered, none made mention of having any similar experiences with their tailed beast, perhaps making her the only one to deal with such matters. So that left her with an unique experience that she couldn't really share with people who'd fully understand it. In truth, she hardly did herself at times.

"Thats a good point...okay...if ya sure..."

Raising her brow, she'd then look down for a moment as she released a breath. The only other person she had talked to about this was her parents and only partially to Setsuna. If anything, she imagined it would horrify the boy, and the last thing she wanted was her brother to be afraid of him. Though the same could be said for Asahi as well. But the cat was out of the bag on that one, and she could think of a lot of reasons why he would need to be cautious about being around her.

"It starts mostly like...a blood rage...just raw emotions being unleashed at a moment's notice...It can be simple thought...or a sudden sensation...it just happens within seconds and then it takes me into a place that feels...hot..."

Looking to the young shinobi, she'd place her hands down upon her lap as she did her best to describe it.

"Then it just keeps getting hotter, to the point of burning, winds pick up to the point of a hurricane and containing it within a single spot takes a lot of focus on concentration. Otherwise, it could go outside of my sand shield and literally rip buildings out from the ground..."

Such an event had only happened once...and that was enough so that she knew that it was important that she self-isolate. If nothing else, get distance from anything that could be torn apart. The outskirts, while ideal, was still somewhat populated, so it made her have to go out further in. The ruins of the city had been the best choice as of late, recalling coming there once with Zakku when dealing with some rather upset performers.

"From there, it's just...darkness...I black out, but Shukaku can't get out...he has control of my body..but the seal keeps him in check for the rest of the night...."

Letting a demon have control was dangerous in just what they could do. If Shukaku had wished it, he could easily rampage and simply lay waste to everything. Though along with sealing herself within the orb of hard sand, she'd prepared seals to keep him within it until she removed it.

"During that time, its basically fair game for him to do whatever he wants within that space...and no one gets hurt. He can beast out, slash at the shield, whatever...and then...."

As Arashi let her eyes drift to the side, she'd then hold her calm expression as she continued.

"Then I come to...tired, sore, face a mess, and go home and sleep for the next two days...rinse and repeat...but its that point in time that I'm at my weakest since I have to do everything in my power to make sure that he doesn't get loose...I'm not myself so I can't recognize anyone or anything and its all raw instinct..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 15:03:07 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Steel himself as he may Asahi could only be but so prepared for the words that came out of Arashi's mouth. He could imagine what all went on, perhaps even make an educated guess or two from what he had seen in the past though if the situation was dire enough that the woman had to lock herself away from everyone else then it was worse than the chunin could even begin to imagine. Maybe it would have been best not to know exactly what took place on the night of a full moon and it would just be one of those things that was understood but never really talked about between them. Alas, given their relationship and Asahi's proximity to arguably the one person in the village who could do something about Shukaku even if he didn't get the details today they would surely be given to him at some point along the line.

As Arashi would begin to speak the chunin would try his best to keep tabs on the different behaviors, patterns, and anything of the sort that occurred during the process, perhaps if he could break things down to their most basic parts it wouldn't sound as terrifying, yet upon hearing that the blood rage --as she called it-- seemingly started out of nowhere it was clear that this was not some simple case of a long night of bad dreams but an attempt from the biju to wrestle away control. It sounded like Shukaku was doing everything in his power to free himself from the clutches of the seal and Arashi, and using just about all his power to do so. The concentration required to keep that much force locked behind a shield must have been immense and never ending, and how Arashi managed to do while not entirely conscious was even more impressive.

Overall, the explanation had not been as fear inducing as Asahi expected it to be, well, blacking out to keep a rage beast from rampaging all over the village once a month was actually pretty scary, but there hadn't been nearly as many visually inducing mental images that would keep him awake at night. He took a moment to finish processing all that had been said and felt.. sorry for Arashi. Sad and a little upset that he couldn't be there to help and that this was something she was having to shoulder on her own which... didn't seem right. "You have to go through all of that every full moon? Has your dad tried to help figure out a way to at least make it not such an ordeal? That just doesn't seem like something someone needs to go through without help." His retort ended with a huff, brow furrowed at the thought of Takato just letting his daughter go through that time and time again. He knew the Kazekage was better than that, of course he did, but the worried and over protective boyfriend side of Asahi wasn't the most rational being.

A hand would raise to rub his jaw and remind him to unclench before he hurt himself, a calmer expression washing over him. This wasn't about him and he needed to remember that the woman standing in front of him had just bared a piece of herself to him. "I know that wasn't easy but thank you for letting me in on that. I'm not sure if I can do much but you already know if you need anything around this time just let me know." He honestly didn't know if there was anything he could do, especially considering that Arashi didn't seem to remember the events of the night after a certain point and because of that she felt it best to isolate herself from others, but now that he knew what all his girlfriend was going through during the full moon it would be hard pressed for him not to want to aide her in some way.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 16:33:53 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 662

NOTES.

There was a moment of pause as it was allowed for Asahi to take it in. It was a lot to process in realizing that your girlfriend had more than just a beast that could take hold at any moment. The details behind it were scary, and it was no wonder why she kept it so close to the chest when it came down to it. Every month, the village was basically one bad day away from destruction, with her acting as a gate-keeper in a sense. She didn't complain about it as much as she used to, seeing what happened when she avoided the problem was enough to set her straight.

But sharing it with someone else was difficult, and she honestly didn't want him to look at her any more different than she imagined he already did.

As he seemed to ask if her father had worked on a way to make the transition less terrible, the girl would shake her head as she looked at him with a small smile on her face.

"As far as we can tell, it isn't something that can be lessened over with a jutsu or a seal. It's just part of being me. When I got the chance to look into Bunpuki's old documents, he seemed to state that it became less frequent the longer the host and Shukaku are connected. So I guess its just growing pains...thats hopeful enough..."

Shrugging her shoulders, she'd look out to the window once again, her smile remaining, but it was added by the awkwardness of just revealing this part of her life, something that he would have to deal with when being around her. Just another added brick to the pile when it came down to relationships. Arashi was willing to try, but she wasn't going to pressure him into it. Though he had said that she made his life better, she did wonder if that was always the case...she still questioned his dreams and if there were indeed moments when she actually was pushing him more so than him just tagging along.

Though in shaking such thinking from her head, her hair moving from one side to the next, the teen would listen as he thanked her for sharing this, despite it likely not being easy to do so. He even asked that if there was anything he could do to help, he'd be happy to do it.

"Heh heh...come on...I'm a big girl Asahi, I can handle a few hours of that once a month...its no big deal.."

A smirk crossed her lips as she then looked back at him for a moment, though soon finding herself asking something that she probably shouldn't have.

"But...I mean...not to sound girly or anything...but...maybe ya could just sit with me...at least until it happens? No pressure! It just that...if ya not doin anything or whatever..."

Looking away, she'd do her best to hide the blush on her face, still being stubborn with her internal struggle with her pride.

Her parents had been there through the first few changes, and then she had her dogs, though lately she had been simply going at it alone. Hence why she sneaked out. There was a point where she had to be able to do this on her own. It wasn't like people didn't have other things to do. Not to mention that this wasn't something that would stop on a dime the minute that she said enough. It was a life-time deal. She'd have to do this long after her parents were gone and perhaps even longer...or shorter...depending on how things went...

Still, it was nice to have someone to talk to...even if it were for a few moments...

"Plus I mean I brought my first edition of Yufumi Chono: History of Kaze no Kuni and if anything happened to it I'd just flip...that and I'd never be able to look Hiroaki-sensei in the face again..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 18:22:12 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

It wasn't what he wanted to hear but it was at least a bit of a relief that Takato had at least tried to help. Honestly it was silly for Asahi to even begin to think that Arashi's own father wouldn't try to help if he could. Growing pains as they may have been the time it seemed to take for the effects to lessen sounded like years, decades even and having to endure Shukaku for that long wasn't fair to her. The chunin decided then that he would ask Takato if there was anything they could do to help her out, and if not, he'd begin to look for methods on his own. His skills in fuinjutsu were a bit above average but maybe, just maybe, with enough study and practice the boy would be able to help one day.

"Well at least it sounds like things get better... eventually." He replied not really believing his own words but trying to keep the mood up. His worry had been picked up on by Arashi and she had no problem reassuring him that she was indeed a big girl and could handle whatever Shukaku was keen to throw at her, which to this point had been true. Granted, the chunin had seen what he'd call at least a partial transformation and the dangers that came with it, even if in the end it had kept him alive, so the boy was always going to be worried. He had wrestled with the idea of what resided within Arashi for quite some time now, even before they became an item, and part of him always screamed to keep his distance purely out of self preservation which was something the Kyokujitsu believed in quite highly... yet he never could. He didn't think her a monster, demon, or whatever other vile term one may have used to describe the jinchuriki with. Hell, even that fiery cat lady in Taki probably wasn't all bad. Still, the two of them had spent so much time together that most of what Asahi saw was Arashi's humanity and though he knew Shukaku was always lurking somewhere it didn't really matter.

A mixture of surprise and confusion crossed the boy's face when Arashi asked if he'd sit with her until it was time for the transition, and if he didn't know any better it almost looked like a blush was forming on her sun kissed skin. Asahi was nervous at the thought of not only being there when the switch happened which honestly could have been at the drop of a hat according to Arashi, but he knew leaving the girl to her own devices was going to be a near impossible endeavor. Still, the girl had been going through this for quite some time and she knew best so the chunin would be by her side as long as he could.

"Uh.. yeah, yeah I'd be happy to." He replied with a smile, still nervous but more focused now. "It is kinda ironic though that the self proclaimed big girl needs someone to hold her hand." A laugh would come at the end of his next words. Granted, Asahi was perhaps more happy to be able to spend more time with Arashi than his joke led on, but they couldn't get too mushy.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 19:11:42 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 351

NOTES.

Arashi held a blank expression upon hearing his response. In truth, in the back of her mind she had figured he'd pass on the idea completely. Especially after hearing all about just what happened during the full moon. Perhaps he might have even just subtly made an excuse or at the very least decide that maybe this wasn't going to work out after all. But instead, he agreed. He even went so far as to make a small joke at her expense, prompting her to pout for a moment as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Shut up..."

Allowing her toothy grin to come over her face to show that she was okay with his jab at her, considering how many jabs she'd made against him, she'd soon push herself away from the desk as her feet would touch the ground.

"Okay! So we better get going...don't wanna have you feelin lost along the way that ya don't know the way back..."

Tilting her head to the side, she'd continue to hold her cheeky grin as she began to proceed out of the room, waiting for him in the hall before continuing to the stairs. Already she could feel some of the effects of the change happening, but she knew her time frame. She was still right within range, and she'd be okay with the few moments they'd have once they reach their point.

Still, if she appeared annoyed by it, it was hardly the case. In fact, she was probably happier than she had been since she left out a few moments ago. Getting to spend some time with Asahi and his family, while not planned, had been quite the interesting role reversal. Arashi had gotten a glimpse into the teen's life and it was great. Maybe not as exciting as her own at times, but sometimes simple was good. It was quiet, peaceful, and with parents that had just as much love and concern as her own.

Probably more so considering he was their own child...

Still, it gave the Jin some perspective in a way...

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 22:34:30 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

"I'm not that bad at directions, y'know, I wouldn't get lost that easily." Asahi replied sticking out his tongue playfully. Sure, he was a little sheepish but the elements and navigation were something he could handle pretty well thanks to his clan of former nomads. He would follow into the hallway after the girl and lead them to the door, waiting a moment for her to grab her stuff before sliding the door open. His parents hadn't made their way back yet which for the time being saved him having to explain where the two of them were going, though that could be easily waved away with the small lie of walking Arashi home. Granted, he was already in enough hot water as is so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to add more fuel to that fire but he'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

The chunin wasn't looking forward to the inevitable conversation with his parents and he knew it would be more along the lines of why he waited to introduce them to each other for so long in addition to the method in which they met, and while that didn't sound too bad his parents had a way of grilling him for the smallest things. Albeit, with his recent adventures fresh in their memory they were sure to use the cinders of that flaming pile of crap to fuel this talk. Oh well, he'd worry about that tomorrow as for now the boy's focus was on wherever Arashi was leading them towards and enjoying the time they had left together.

"So how far out is this place? Is it even in the village?" Asahi questioned. Surely it couldn't have been anywhere near even the most sparsely populated parts of the village out of concern for the safety of the villagers and not tipping anyone off that the jinchuriki was fighting a battle for control every full moon. A spiraling tower seemed too convenient so maybe it was underground? That would be cool, kinda ominous, but cool.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 11, 2020 23:06:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 376

NOTES.

"Uh huh..ya know? Maybe I should let you look after Yai for a while? She's a heavy sleeper, but she could teach ya a few tricks on learning your way around..."

Giggling lightly, she'd soon reach the entrance as she took up her belongs and before long, the two were out the door and on their way to their destination. As Asahi questioned just how far the location was, the teen would look toward him with a calm expression, adjusting the strap of her pack upon her shoulder as she pointed forward.

"A long while ago, just a bit further outside of the outskirts, theres an area that was long since abandoned after it was pillaged during the war. Some people use it for hangs out and stuff like that, but theres a place further in that I've been using lately...it isn't pretty..but it's fortified..."

Shrugging her shoulders, the path through the outskirts was to be expected. It was riddled with path, broken hearts and broken buildings. There were signs that it was getting better, but there was much of the village that was still in much need to desired for the area to grow again. While Arashi did what she could to help, it never really seemed to be enough to leave a huge impact.

Then again, her isolating herself from as many people as possible probably did the most good during this time.

With them going further in, the area would shift to being much more ruins and lost within the depths of time. Many structures appeared from a time that was long ago, perhaps even before either of them were born. As darkness loomed overhead, there would be one structure that seemed to stand out, partially damaged and appearing to have a lean. It hadn't always been that way, but it was certainly still standing after all this time and with her currently residing in it.

"Here it is...not a bad pick I'd say...better than a cave...but its far enough that no one is in direct danger...which is good.."

Turning to look over at Asahi, she'd then point toward the ladder that had been set up, prompting her to begin her climb as she started to ascend up to the top.

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 13, 2020 8:38:27 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

A dog?! Asahi was a bit uneasy at the idea of having to constantly look after something else... well, aside from Arashi. She was already a handful to keep track of and his attention span was already stretched far enough as is. Besides, there was no telling how his parents would react to a dog living in the house. Asahi didn't have any pets growing up and while he didn't explicitly ask for a puppy or kitten thinking back on it he found it a little weird that his parents never brought it up. Granted, raising a child while still settling into the village in addition to their other clan responsibilities certainly took precedence; maybe that was why the boy never ended up with a younger sibling...

"I wouldn't mind, not sure how my parents would feel about it but with the cat out of the bag I guess dropping another bombshell on them can't make things worse." He'd reply with a chuckle. Of course it could get worse but he hoped that cooler heads would prevail sooner than later. While they may have left the house under the guise of going to gaze at the full moon Asahi knew that his parents needed to blow off some steam as well, less they end up making a scene in front of their guest. The chunin knew his parents wanted only the best for him but it often came in the form of being a bit over bearing when it came to various aspects of his life. Ironically, they didn't delve too deep into his life as a shinobi since he was always under the tutelage of a sensei from the village or one of the clan elders, even less now given his boss was the Kazekage, but that still didn't stop them from imposing their will when he was caught doing something he shouldn't have been... like trashing part of the slums, or going off to Sekara; they had definitely been sure to let him know their thoughts on that.

Alas, that was what the boy supposed all parents were like to some degree, it just kind of sucked not having a sibling to take some of the heat every now and then. As the two walked the chunin listened to Arashi describe the place she used for solitude on nights like this, and it sounded like an old bunker if he didn't know any better. There had been many different fortifications built during the last war, most rarely touched now a days aside from the odd ruffian looking for somewhere to hang low for a bit. Still, Asahi found it a bit odd that Takato --or the village as a whole-- hadn't found or built something a bit more official and sturdy for Arashi to spend her time in. They were all putting a lot of stock in an old defensive battery and that sounded so risky.

Their journey would take them far from any populated parts of Suna into an area filled with relics of a battle long past and well before either of their time. Broken buildings lined the buildings harboring who knew what (and who) and it was clear that this part of the outskirts had yet to be touched for reconstruction. Granted, the slums needed to be taken care of first but seeing a place this large in such disarray was still surprising. As they came upon a particularly angled building the girl would state they had arrived. Surely there had to be a straighter standing building around here somewhere, though as the chunin placed a hand on the outer wall he could feel just how thick the material was and knew why she had picked it. There would be great effort needed to break out of something built this sturdily.

"Well it's definitely not made out of plywood but are you sure it's not going to tip over?"
Asahi would ask looking once more at the leaning tower.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Never Enough Time[Asahi]Jul 13, 2020 11:13:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Never Enough Time

TAG.

WORDS. 616

NOTES.

Arashi had already begun to climb the ladder, though in hearing his question of the stability of such a structure came to mind, the girl would hold herself out for a moment, looking over it as she tilted her head to the side. Honestly, she remembered it being a lot straighter last time. Then again, with such forces clashing within it, it was possible that this was more of her own doing being inside.

"I'd wager I have at least two or more months before that...if anythin else, I can just fix it. Hard to find places like this with such fortifications and I'm not that big of a fan of tight spaces remember?"

With a small smile, the girl would continue to ascend upward, her body moving upward as her pack hung from her shoulder. This place had seen it's share of conflict, likely surviving siege after siege. The history was in the very stone itself, and the great markers of indented stone and broken surface showed the attacks that had fallen upon it.

Yet in the end, it was still standing...much like Sunagakure was still standing...

Before long, the two would arrive within a center point, the space having been much like a open wound as the teen climbed into it, feet touching down upon the ground as she released a breath. There were signs of tapestry, old rugs and mats from militia's usage. Symbols of the Chikamatsu were littered over the place, though much of it appeared either declining in worth or partially burned away from the years that had passed since the clan had been in major control of the village. It was possible that this may have been used as a place for their puppeteers to engage in combat from a distance, while their tools were sent out into the fray.

Any history that could confirm it was likely within the archives, but she had never seen any mention of such a defensive position being of note within them.

"Here we are..."

Placing her pack down, she'd begin to move around as she she stretched her arms and began to bend down to draw out a rolled up mat that was leaning against the wall. Seeing the dust as that flew out from it's surface, the girl would reach out as though she were trying to grab it, summoning it into her palm before letting it settle down upon the surface of her skin.

It wasn't long now...already it was becoming easier for her to manipulate the element without even a second thought to it.

"Now...once again...as soon as it starts..ya need to get as far away as possible...Otherwise you'll be trapped in here for the whole night..."

As she began allowing her curse marks to glow, she'd start planting what looked to be symbols across the room by placing her palm against the surfaces, each one black with could be seen as ink, but was actually sand that had been imprinted with the Fuunijutsu in which she was using.

"Typically I try and layer the area with safe-guards in case the shield breaks, in which case, there has to be means to delay possible escape for Shukaku...so I usually use Repulsion and Binding seals to draw him into place..."

Arashi had thought long and hard about what to do when it came to full moons, and she usually always made sure to have back-up plans ready for the worst possible cases.

Though perhaps the crowning defense that she had for this was the seal in which she layered over herself in the form of a shield, Sand Creation:Desert Rose.

"Might...wanna step back a bit..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS