A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIME

compose a reply
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 16, 2021 15:35:49 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
Leaving Arashi no Kuni wasn't something he had the chance to do often these days, but given the lack of time he had off recently he figured it would be nice to treat himself by going to a nicer location, one without rain preferably. Especially if his promotion got approved by the village. Traveling was fun, and because he had his Byakugan it was easy to spot danger in places that most people might never be able to.

Of course that didn't mean leaving his weapons at home, but anything connecting him to the village would not be visible for anyone to see. He preferred those that approached him to think that he was a mercenary instead. That way they wouldn't have a random reason to try to put him into harms ways. River country was a pretty nice area to hang out and it wasn't filled with the many storms that made Arashi no kuni such a hard place to be at times.

Nevertheless, at the moment Sanosuke was having himself as drink by one of the rivers. It wasn't something he did too often, in fact, it wasn't something he did at all after what happen all those years ago with Sada. These days Sanosuke was a different man, so the struggles he once had with alcohol were pretty much none existent at this point. Add in the additional time he'd been spending at the hospital he was definitely drinking more now than ever.

He still wasn't a drunk though. The weather today was as nice as anyone could ever want it to be as Summer was slowly coming to a close. It sucked that he had to spend his favorite part of the year in the rain, but at least he would get to enjoy it before it was all over. After spending some time here he decided that later he would mingle with some of the locals in the area so he could find something productive to get himself into.
| AP has written 801 posts
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 17, 2021 0:02:17 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
It had been a long while since Shodaime had been out of the Land of Fire for anything other than a mission. A nice relaxing couple weeks would allow her to relieve the stresses of working at the hospital. She loved working there, but there were sometimes she wanted to get away from it all and not have to worry about it. Nonetheless, Shodaime was glad to be somewhere else besides Konoha. She would stop along her way through the River country to fill up her now dry canteen. As she took the canteen out of her pack, she would notice a young man alongside the other side of the river. He had to have been no more or less about 10 years younger than she was. The closes nation to here was the Rain Country, so she figured he must've been from there. While Konoha and Ame didn't exactly see eye to eye in diplomatic relations, they were on neutral territory here in the River country.

"I didn't expect anyone to be out here." Shodaime would say the Sanosuke from across the river. She knew better than to keep off her guard, so she was prepared to either flee or fight for her life if the talk turned sour. "Don't mind me, just filling up my canteen." She would with a small giggle as she continued to fill the canteen full of the water from the river.
Shodaime has written 355 posts
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 17, 2021 23:20:12 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Sanosuke head rose in confusion as he wasn't sure where the voice he heard had just came from. The Takeda was definitely under the impression that he was at this specific spot alone for the time being. It didn't take him long to spot the woman on the other end of the river. "I.. Didn't either?" Sanosuke responded awkwardly as he slowly stood up from where he was sitting so that he could get a better view of her.

She appeared to be polite, and just as she noted she was doing nothing more than filling her canteen. For sure he hadn't seen her since he'd been here, but that wasn't what caught his eye after further observation. "Wait a minute." Sanosuke muttered quietly to himself as he placed both hands in front of him, index finger and thumb on both hands creating circles as to block the sunlight from hindering his view of the woman from slightly afar.

"Is she blind?"

Sanosuke questioned curiously. It never crossed his mind that she might anything more than just that. Everything about her body language seemed to give off that vibe. He'd come across a few in his lifetime in Amegakure. "Ehem! You wouldn't happen to need any help over there would you ma'am?" Sanosuke asked politely. It was common for Takeda men like himself to be polite where ever they went. Especially if there was a woman possibly in need.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 17, 2021 23:49:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"No, I'm perfectly fine." Shodaime would say as she shook her head. She figured she could let her guard down a tiny bit, seeing as he was being polite towards her. As she finished filling the canteen, she would take a small sip of it. The cool refreshing taste of a freshly filled canteen. A small smile would form on her face.

"I'm assuming you're not here to kill me, since I'm pretty sure you would've done so by now." She would say, clearly observing her surroundings around her, listening for anyone approaching and looking at the person in front of her. "So I guess the only logical question to ask you is, What are you doing out here?" Shodaime would say as she jumped across the river to get a better look at the person she was conversing with. She was correct in her earlier observation that he was probably as much as 10 years younger than her.

"So, you have a name mysterious stranger?"
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 18, 2021 1:02:36 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Sanosuke tilted his head briefly as he came to terms with the reality that she got herself here and that she could probably get herself to wherever it was she needed to go. "Understood." Sanosuke responded before slowly taking a seat back where he was in front of the river. He opted not to say anything else as she seemed to be at peace with minding her own business as well. If he didn't notice her before he could do it again for the sake of quiet time.

The time of silence of course didn't last long as she begin speaking again after having a drink of water, and what she asked wasn't the most pleasant thing. "Kill you?" Sanosuke questioned confused while looking around to see if there was anything that might give her the impression that he was here to harm anyone. I mean, he was carrying a lot of sword with him, but surely that couldn't mean that he was an imminent danger to anyone. The people here seemed to not think that of him.

"Well, I guess for starters I'm definitely not here to kill you, or anyone for that matter.. Just a man looking for peace in a world filled with danger."

After his response she asked if he had a name. This of course was tricky. The whole idea of him being here was so that he wouldn't be identified as a Shinobi, but she didn't give him any vibe of causing harm either. After all, she was a blind woman. Not to say the latter equated to weakness, but she didn't look to be looking for trouble. Then again, she did kind of appear out of nowhere. A sigh escape from him before he ultimately decided he was going to be honest.

"Hmmm... Takeda, Sanosuke.. and does this beautiful blind woman have a name?"
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 18, 2021 10:55:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime was shocked by the strange man's observation of her. Blind, really? It's as if this person hadn't seen a person with a Kekkei Genkai. She almost had to hold back her laughter. She figured he truly wasn't a threat to her once he figured that she was just a blind woman.

"Blind? I'm far from blind." Shodaime would say as she pointed to her sheer white eyes. "It's just the way my eyes look, been that way since birth." She would explain to him while saying very little. Attacks by enemy shinobi were very scarce in the neutral territory, so she was at least safe for now. It was then she noticed that she was once again lost in her thoughts and completely avoided his question of her name.

"My name is Shodaime...Hyuga, Shodaime." She would say hesitantly, knowing people around the world were probably after the one thing that set her apart from the rest of the shinobi of this world, her Byakugan, the all-seeing eye.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 22, 2021 10:27:57 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"You're not blind?"

Sanosuke questioned while quickly rising to his feet as she pointed over to her eyes. She stated not much longer that her eyes had been that way since birth. "But then that would mean..." The Takeda muttered just before the woman finally introduced himself. The woman that was across the river from him truly wasn't a blind woman, but a woman from a clan he'd become all too familiar with after his months of training with Kayaku.

It was hard not to hide the shock in his eyes as he pondered how he was going to go about handling this situation. It was already clear that this woman had assumed him to be someone that might be looking to harm her, and he knew if he brought up who he really was too soon that she might either leave or worst, attack him. There was no telling how strong she was, but she had to be some kind of strong if she was out here alone.

Sanosuke learned a great deal about the culture of the Hyuuga, and if she was here then she had to be capable of handling herself. She likely had to be apart of the Main house as he suspected someone born of lower class wouldn't be allowed to just go off on their own. That is unless she was a runaway like Kayaku. "Wow... I guess I was wrong about you. Sorry for assuming you were handicap ma'am." Sanosuke stated politely while scratching his head.

"Well. I guess since we're both here already, why not make a thing of it?" Sanosuke added while taking off the harnest that was carrying his six swords on his back. Afterward he'd raise his hand as a sign of peace. "Mind if I join you on the other side? Something tells me you're not the average woman and I think I'd like to get to know a little more about you If possible, and vice versa of course."
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 22, 2021 20:29:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Sure you can join me." Shodaime would say glad the man was no threat to her. She noted that his reaction to her not being blind was interesting, as if he was familiar with her eyes already. Though she had only just met him, it was good to have someone to spend time with and talk to.

"So Sanosuke, you looked as though you were already familiar with my eyes, so, what's the story with that." She would ask him straight away, wasting no time to figure out what his history was with the Hyuga and the Byakugan. She knew that the Byakugan was a prized doujutsu throughout the world, that many shinobi villages and countries would do anything to acquire. But, this man, didn't seem like the type who would go after her's. She was sure by now, if he had such a plan that she would've been captured and restrained. His demeanor reminded her of Kayaku's, a strong willed individual with a softer interior. She wondered across his travel if he ever came across this individual.

Shodaime would sit along the river's edge, taking off her sandals, allowing her to soak her feet in the cold river water, as she waited for Sanosuke to join her.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 23, 2021 12:00:02 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Sanosuke nodded with a smile before leaving his equipment behind to join Shodaime on the other side of the river. Once he was there he'd take a seat there just as he had done while he was on the other side. Almost immediately after sitting Shodaime immediately begin engaging in conversation. He didn't expect her to move so fast, but he wasn't going to complain about it after she initially assumed he might be someone potentially of causing harm to her.

Her question was an interesting one. One that he needed to be careful about how he answered because all of the implications surrounding himself and Kayaku. He himself might not have been a danger to her, but he was considered to be a threat for simply existing is what he gathered from Kayaku, and of course the latter was a fugitive the not only the clan, but the village she lived among. Of course there was the chance she could possibly be on his side, but that would only be possible under one condition.

If she was apart of the Main House faction he'd have to tread carefully, but he was almost certain if she was apart of the other faction that she would be more accepting on him, but the only proof of that was this supposed seal that would be on her forehead. Nevertheless, he'd have to get out of his own head for now so that there wasn't too much silence between them. "Well, I wouldn't say all that, but I guess you filling in the other part help... I did after all think you were blind first."

"But about four years ago I think? I met a Hyuuga named Hotaru. Really nice kid, although, I got the feeling they are much older now given how much time has passed.. That was the first time I met one of your people."

After his initial response he realized there were too many holes in it. It wasn't as though he was lying, but again, why would someone like himself even be in the position to talk to a Hyuuga. "Darn.. Well, I guess you got me on this one... I met him on route to my second participation in the Chuunin exams.. Otherwise I'd imagine I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near him." Sanosuke added with a sigh before raising his arms. "Please do not hurt me.. I am here on good terms."

Now that he revealed he was a Shinobi he had to wonder if that would make her even more suspicious of him than before. Better he get it out now before she did. If he were to go toe to toe to her in the Gentle Fist art there was a really good chance that she could put an end to his life relatively quickly. He had to make sure from here on out that he was more careful with how he explained himself. Otherwise he'd just end up looking more guilty.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 23, 2021 13:31:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would listen to Sanosuke as he spoke. She would notice that he was hesistant with the way her spoke to her, as if he was scoping her out and seeing what she would say before her spoke. Maybe if she opened up to him more, he would be more comfortable in talking with her. Having thought that, Shodaime would remove her headband, revealing her cursed seal on her forehead. Over the time of having this mark on her, Shodaime grew to resent the main branch and what they've put her through. She thought she could just ignore what they say and not have it bother her, but years of being put through insults and the like made her grow into something that would resemble her exterior.

"I wouldn't hurt you, you've given me no reason to." Shodaime would say responding to him. "Since you've answered my question, I may as well tell you about myself."

"I'm the head medic of Konohagakure and a member of the Hyuga clan's side branch. I've been in Konoha for all of my life and I've been through a lot. The clan's main branch treats every person from the side branch like dirt and to make matters worse they brand them with this cursed seal." She would explain as she pointed to her forehead. A cursed seal would be emblazoned upon it, a mark showing she was below the main branch. "I've been lucky that my work at the hospital in Konoha has allowed me to stay away from the Main branch for a while, but, their grasp on the clan is still felt." She would notice she was rambling and would turn to Sanosuke.

"Sorry, I'm rambling." She would say slightly embarrassed as she would rub the back of her head.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 23, 2021 16:35:52 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Once and for all he could put the worry of Shodaime trying to kill him in the back of his mind. He was here to relax and now he could continue doing that. Even if it was in the presence of someone from an enemy nation. He had a specific bias toward the Hyuuga, and if she was on the right side of things he could definitely make something out of it. Outside of that he'd only made friends with Yusuke, but even they understood what would happen should they see each other on the battlefield.

Now that any worry was thrown out Shodaime offered to say somethings about herself next. She expressed that she was the head medic of Konohagakure, and most importantly a member of the side branch. His mouth dropped as if someone had just punched his jawline off his face. He couldn't believe he was in the presence of such a valuable member of Konoha. Fortunately for her, if this was anyone else she would have definitely been in danger of capture, but for him this was something else entirely.

Not only was she a member of the oppressed faction of the Hyuuga clan, but in spite of all of that she had managed to rise to one of the most important roles in any village. Sanosuke watched the seal on her forehead closely as she begin to talk about some of the things she experienced at the hands of her people. Most of which he was familiar with from his time learning about the clan from Kayaku. So this is the mark he was talking about. I cant believe this is actually real.

She explained that working in the hospital was a blessing for her because it gave her much needed time away from the compound where she was more than likely doing nothing but serving the Main factions bidding. Afterward she apologized for rambling to which he'd shake his head. "No need... As bad as this sounds I'm relieved to know that you are from the other faction of your clan, and not the main one." He was sure his response might confused and stir up new suspicions in the woman's head.

"I wasn't being completely forthcoming before, but you'll understand why after this."

Veins begin to surround around his eyes and his pupils went from being its usual brown color to white. The only difference in between his eyes and her own was the red ring around his cornea. "Again.. I had to be certain you were on the right side. Otherwise, I would have had to make up some excuse to leave after getting to know you.. I met another Hyuuga during my time at the exams. One I'm sure you might be familiar with as he was said to be the heir? Hyuuga Kayaku ring a bell?"

"He's my Master, but also a dear friend too despite all the things he's done unfortunately..."
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 23, 2021 21:44:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime's eyes would widen in surprise as Sanosuke's eyes went from brown to the whites of the Byakugan. There was no doubt about it, this man had the same Byakugan that she had, though there was a very minor difference. She had no idea there were people outside of her clan that had the Byakugan, the only ones she knew of were people who had stolen the byakugan from main branch members.

"I had no idea the Byakugan could be like that, usually a person with the Byakugan have pure white eyes, but yours when inactive are just normally brown." Shodaime would say to him as he continued to explain things to her. He would mention master and mentor of his, Kayaku, a person that Shodaime was all too familiar with. It seems before Kayaku returned to the Land of Fire, he was busy helping people and training Sanosuke.

"Oh, I'm very very familiar with Kayaku, you could say we're pretty close. I used to train him before he faked his death in Konohagakure." Shodaime would say smiling a bit, reminiscing about times training him as children and then their reunion all those years later.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 25, 2021 20:03:00 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
It seemed like the more the two of them exchange the more fated this meeting between the two of them became. What was the chance that he came across another Hyuuga that was not only apart of the side faction, but she was one of the more prominent Shinobi of her village. The icing on the cake was that she actually knew Kayaku. Not to mention she said she used to train him back in the day which had him thinking how old she might actually be.

She looked to be only a few years older than himself yet, she was talking about how she trained Kayaku. There was so many things he wanted to say, but he knew he needed to take their conversation one thing at a time. "It seems like the powers that be wanted us to meet.. I can't even think of where to start. Well, I guess I'll explain why my Byakugan is different than your own." Sanosuke added before his vision around him begin to close as he reverted his eyes back to normal

"So.. Um, long story short? My mothers... Dad? Got involved with a Hyuuga during the previous Shinobi war, and she is their love child.. Based on the rules of your clan of course, and with her also note having been born with white eyes like yourself she was taken by her dad. Those genetics ended up passing down to me, BUT, I also retained the abilities of my father of a clan native to my home in Amegakure."

"In other words, I possess two Kekkai Genkai.. My Hyuuga genetics did not awaken until much later on in my life, and for awhile I knew nothing of it other than its ability to extend my surrounding visual prowess. That was all my mother got from it. During the exams I met Kayaku, and after he was ran out of town I found him in Arashi no Kuni.. We connected on a multitude of different things, but the issues of your clan seemed to be the biggest connecting factor for us."

"I learned a lot about my ancestors from your village and the ugly reality that exist between the Main and Side factor, but of course neither of us know the current whereabouts from the village.. Anyways, he taught me how I could extend the range of my Byakugan along with some Gentle fist... Then of course he vanished again."
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMESept 25, 2021 23:39:58 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would listen to Sanosuke speak about how he came upon having the Byakugan. He would recall the story of his parents and how he inherited the byakugan from his mother and would awaken it at a later age. He then recall his meeting with Kayaku and his connection and bond with him on a multitude of different things. Kayaku had also taught him how to extend the range of his Byakugan and the basics of the gentle fist. Of course like he always did, Kayaku disappeared never to be seen until the next time.

"Yea, that sounds like Kayaku, always disappearing and then reappearing when you least expect him." Shodaime would say to Sanosuke sharing the same sentiment. Kayaku was always a mysterious figure, though she had thought she knew everything about the man he always seemed to find someway to surprise her. From trying to open a dojo in the fire country to reappearing in front of her when she thought he was dead.

"From the sounds of that though, it looks like you need a teacher. If you would like me to, I guess I could teach you some more things about the Hyuga techniques." Shodaime would say to Sanosuke, offering to teach him if he so chose.
A VISION BIGGER THAN US BOTH | C | SHODAIMEOct 1, 2021 14:39:56 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Yeah.. That's definitely him. I'm hoping that someday he finds his calling in life so that he won't have to continue living the way he has been.. The last time I saw him he looked like he'd been through a lot."

Sanosuke added while looking into the sky. It wasn't often that he got to experience weather like this. Especially in Amegakure with how gloomy it could be just about everyday. There was one place in the village you could go to experience weather like this, but it wasn't the same because the area was still very limited. When Shodaime started talking again he expected the conversation might go in a direction more focused on Kayaku, but instead she brought up the possibility of something else.

She offered him the chance to learn some Hyuuga jutsu from her. It almost sounded too good to be true, but she didn't seem like the type to be dishonest, but he also still needed to considered the last conversation he had with Tatsuo. From the looks of it she didn't seem like she was a missing Shinobi at all. Well, she wasn't considering she was the villages head medic, but that still didn't cover why she was nice to him.

He was a bad guy after all. Sanosuke begin to think if their connection would be similar to the one he built with Kayaku. Technically he was an outsider as well given his mother was left behind despite her connection to the clan. Also, she was on the side faction as well which meant she was against the old ways. "Hmm.. Really? You wouldn't be upset with an outsider like myself learning the ways of your people... Well I guess our people. With Kayaku it made sense given he left, but you seem a little more put together than he was."