A frosty exchange

compose a reply
A frosty exchangeFeb 21, 2022 13:22:56 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
"Sure! I'll let you all know when it's done." Jou claimed with a small smile. He watched as Jun left before turning his attention back to the stew. It was time for him to perfect his craft! So, he went back to adding the finishing touches to the stew, adding more spices when he felt it was needed, stirring its contents thoroughly.

Jou did not leave the kitchen at all, nor did he pay any attention to the inevitable mess and stains that would get on his clothes. It didn't take much for most to realize how passionate Jou is when it comes to cooking...but right now, he felt like he was not only just doing this for pleasure...but because he really wanted to impress this family...Jun specifically. She wasn't the first person to treat him nice, or friendly...but Jun was the first to get a different reaction out of Jou. It was subtle, but Jou could feel a knot in his stomach when that continued to grow when around her. This was his first time...having romantic feelings for another even if they were subtle. Her desire to learn and craftsmanship when it comes to her art was something Jou couldn't ignore...along with her beautiful eyes. Jou wasn't exactly confident about acting on these...emotions though, but he was still compelled to impress her...to show Jun that he was more than some timid mess.

After the food was finished, Jou didn't call the others just yet. Of course, he needed to clean the kitchen first, and once he was done, he looked over at the table where the family most likely ate, assuming there was one and pondered...

After a bit, Jou let Jun's hot mother know and he assumed that she would let Jun and her father know as well. The moment the family would enter, they would be greeted by a well-kept room and an even fancier-looking table. A table cloth laid across the table with four empty plates positioned neatly. Silverware was resting by each plate with folded napkins along with glasses or cups. In the middle of the table were those fried dumplings that Jou brought with him, all warmed up with steam slowly rising from them. Currently, Jou was pouring the deer stew into each plate carefully, using a big spoon to do so. Everything else may look tidy...but Jou certainly looked a little messy, with some food stains on him and his clothing. Still, he looked rather satisfied, humming to himself before noticing the others.

"O-Oh, thank you!" Jou said with a small grin before placing the pot and spoon down on a counter. "I hope you all don't mind me setting up the table. The ambiance is just as important as the food itself." Jou claimed before placing a hand under his chin, looking at the table once more. "Just wish I could've found some flowers...or candles." Jou muttered to himself. "A-Anyway, please take a seat. Wouldn't want the food getting cold, yeah?" he smiled once more.

last edit by Himishi Jou on Feb 21, 2022 13:26:58 GMT -5
[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
A frosty exchangeFeb 21, 2022 16:11:59 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]As Jun’s family made their way into the kitchen, they’d note how Jou had set up the table and the way that he had prepared each dish that he had made making them all feel very homey. "You’d think we were guests in our own home with how extravagant this set up is, your parents must be very proud of the son they raised.” Jun’s mother would say as she took her seat. "Jun come sit next to Jou.” her mother would say patting the seat. Jun’s father would take his seat as the head of the table. And as Jou laid out the stew everyone would take turns taking some of the food pairing with many of the other things that Jou had made, thought before eating the family would look the young man. "Jou-san…go wash up we can’t eat without you.” Jun would say with a tender smile.
[break] [break]
After waiting for him to arrive the family held a moment of silence and would begin eating, before taking her first bite however Jun would run her hand under the table and give Jou’s hand a squeeze a red flush on her face as she mouthed the words. "Thank you.” and would begin feasting on Jou’s deliciously made stew. She’d eat each little morsel of the food that he had left for her, feasting on the succulent meal. "Jou-san that was delectable I don’t think my palette could handle another bite.” she’d say sitting in her chair. Her mother would let out a belch which would bring about silence looking to her before the family broke out into a small chuckle, which lasted for a few short moments.
[break] [break]
"Jou, thank you for the meal you’re going to give my wife run for her money.” he’d say with a guffaw as he got up form his desk. "I’m retiring to my study for now if I don’t see in the morning have a safe trip back my boy.” he would say before stepping out of his chair not tucking in his chair as he meandered up the steps. "Don’t worry about the dishes Jou…you’ve done enough for the night, care to help me Jun.” Jun would not. "Of course mother.” the girl would respond heading into the kitchen looking over to Jou as she picked up the silverware from off of the table helping her mother clean up.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]397 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 21, 2022 16:12:14 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
A frosty exchangeFeb 23, 2022 11:10:57 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou's smile would widen a little from Mrs. Muramatsa's compliment, but the moment she brought up Jou's parents. the Himishi teen's smile became a little bittersweet. "Y-Yeah..." is all he would say in return to that, not wanting to sour the mood.

Jou noticed the empty seat that was waiting for him next to Jun, but before sitting, he made sure that each plate was filled with enough stew. After that, he was ready to sit! Or...so he thought.

"Hm?" Right as he was about to sit, Jou would notice the three of them looking over at him. Before he could ask what was wrong, Jun pretty much answered that for him by telling him to get clean. After blinking a few times, Jou would look down, finally noticing some of the food stains on his person. "O-Oh, right." He chuckled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head. "I'll make it quick." He claimed before sprinting a bit up the stairs. Indeed he did not take long but still made sure he was thorough with his cleaning.

He then returned downstairs and sat down, taking a moment of silence with the other three before digging in. Before Jou could place his spoon into the stew, he'd jump slightly at the feeling of a gentle hand squeezing his own. He looked back at Jun, a hint of red on his cheeks, noticing her mouthed words. Jou nodded with a small smile before he actually started to eat. Jou enjoyed the savory taste of his own work, but what he was most interested in is if the others were going to like it. He subtly peeked as the others ate, and they appeared to be very much enjoying his food, causing another proud smile to form on his face before he continued to eat.

Soon they all finished, stomachs full and taste buds satisfied. Jou joined in on the chuckling from the mother's belch before speaking to Jun. "I'm glad to hear it." he commented. "Still think I could've used a little more spice..." he pondered..but he didn't dwell on it for long, fortunately. "I-I wouldn't say that. I'm sure you're a better cook than me, Mrs. Muramtsa" Jou said, looking from the father than to the mother. "Th-thank you, sir." he nodded to the father as he left. Jou then got up and smiled at the two women before bowing a little in gratitude. "I-If it's no trouble, thank you." Normally, Jou would also clean, but with this and the training from earlier, Jou was honestly exhausted at this point.

Jou would give Jun one more look as well before heading up to his guest room, changing into a pair of light brown pajamas as he started to settle down and prepare to sleep. As he neatly folded his other clothing, the Himishi breathed a sigh of content, now feeling comfortable with the impression he was able to make.

A frosty exchangeFeb 26, 2022 16:21:34 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]
As dinner concluded Jun and her mother would head into the kitchen to wash up the remainder of their dishes
as Jou made his way upstairs. "He really is a nice boy, it's a shame he'll be returning home tomorrow." her mother would say. Jun would let out a sigh. "Indeed it is..." she'd respond rather somberly her mother would put a hand on her shoulder. "Worry not love, you'll see him again." she'd respond to try and comfort her child. After everything was clean Jun’s mother informed the two to head upstairs and that she was retiring for the night. "Goodnight Mother.” Jun would say as her mother made her way towards her room and the silence could be heard from outside of Jou’s room.
[break] [break]
After a moment however, Jun who had recently gotten dressed would knock on Jou’s door hoping not to wake him. "Jou-san…are you still awake.” the girl would ask from behind his door. "I wanted to remind you, don’t forget to wake up at 7 A.M. tomorrow we’ll need to be getting you back to the train station.” the girl had a somber tone in her voice as she leaned against the door.
[break] [break]
She didn’t want him to leave but it was inevitable all good things must unfortunately come to an end, as she meandered back to her room with a heavy heart than normal she looked over her letter that she’d left for him. She couldn’t sleep and all she could think about was how Jou would be gone in the morning and it was these very feelings that she knew could cause issues for her future.
[break] [break]
Eventually however she managed to get some rest and in the morning awoken getting dressed and standing outside her home awaiting Jou, a small letter in her hand, with emotions riding high It was bound to be a long walk to the train station.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]263 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 26, 2022 16:23:58 GMT -5
A frosty exchangeMar 1, 2022 22:08:45 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
With this successful dinner out of the way, Jou could not help but smile a little at his accomplishment. Everything started off rocky, and Jou had no faith that he would leave any good impressions...but it all changed as things progressed. The young Himishi felt a little more confident in himself due to this.

After changing into some pajamas, Jou sat down on his bed, patting it a bit to feel how comfy it was. Jou then laid back first, getting comfortable as he looked up at the ceiling with a smile still on his face. He gave a little sigh before closing his eyes, drifting off to the land of sleep....

...Or at least he tried...

After a few seconds, Jou's smile would begin to fade, shifting into a frown as he slowly opened his crimson eyes. Jou was having so much fun...that he nearly forgot that he would be leaving tomorrow. This left a somber taste in the poor Himishi's mouth. The time Jou spent with the Muramatsas felt like it went by in a matter of minutes. Jou wished he could've gotten to get to know them a little more...He wished that he could've spent a little more time with her...

Jun...

Jou still didn't quite understand these feelings. He had only known the kunoichi for a day...yet thinking about her makes him feel strange. He found it hard to get his mind off of her. This made his heart race, causing the genin to softly place his hand against his chest, his frown growing a little more. Never has Jou felt this way about anyone before...so what made her different? He could think of a few things actually, and that thought alone was enough to make him chuckle lightly. Still, this was going to be the last time he'll ever see her...

Jou then slowly turned his head towards the door, hearing the muffled sounds of Jun and her mother telling each other goodnight. Jou just continued to look at the door, hearing footsteps making their way...drawing closer.

The moment Jou heard Jun utter his name, the Himishi blinked before sitting up. "Y-Yeah...I'm awake." He responded. As she gave Jou the reminder, he got out of bed and walked over to the door. His hand hovered over the doorknob, wanting to open it. He wanted to say something to her...ask to stay and talk to him for just a little longer...but he hesitated. "A-Arigato...I'll make sure that I'm packed and ready." his tone was more of a whisper, a saddened one. His hand moved away from the doorknob, and he leaned against the door itself, unaware of Jun doing the same. After hearing her footsteps grow further away, Jou would let out another soft sigh. "Goodnight...Jun." he said...though he was certain that she would not hear him.

After going back to bed, Jou would find it hard to sleep at first but eventually drifted off. Soon, morning would approach and Jou would get up. After changing his clothes and getting everything together, he would make his way downstairs and outside, the events of yesterday feeling like a distant memory. The moment he walked out, he first noticed Jun. He opened his mouth, about to say something...but he closed it and looked away instead, sadly rubbing the side of his own shoulder...

A frosty exchangeMar 15, 2022 16:54:49 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl saw Jou approach her the girl would keep from looking from him, both of them aware of what was coming in the next few long minutes. "Oh there you are…how did you sleep?” the girl would wonder looking to him ever so briefly it was painful she was holding back feelings and wanted to speak but couldn’t exactly cap them she knew what it would lead too. Inside shuffling in her jacket was the letter she had meant to give to him that would’ve explained these feelings, but for now she’d just settle for walking with him and enjoying his company one last time. As they embarked to say their goodbyes, she’d glance down at his gloved hands wanting to take them in hers as they started their way out of the compound. "My it's rather cold this morning, d-did you need to warm up?"
[break] [break]
The girl would say rubbing her hands together, it was cold every morning. That was nothing new, but perhaps she was getting at something she desperately wanted to take his hand and figured she could subtly use the guise of warming up as an excuse to get close to him one last time, her hand nearing his but her fingers anxious as her body heat rose from the nerves, would he let her do it?
[break] [break]
She'd never felt so nervous before. "I-can warm you up again if you'd like." she'd say with a slight blush on her cheeks.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]250 WORDS / BIGSHOT2

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Mar 15, 2022 16:56:19 GMT -5
A frosty exchangeMar 15, 2022 22:05:22 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Still looking away from Jun, Jou would listen to her question before nodding gently. "Slept like a baby..." he claimed, making a small, and a bit forced chuckle. "That bed is a lot more comfortable than my own." Jou claimed. He tried to distract himself from the inevitable with this small talk...but it was damn near impossible to ignore. In a matter of minutes...Jou will have to say his final goodbye to Jun. There was so much he felt that he didn't get to do with her...Things that he wished he could've told her....There was still time for that, but the young Himishi was hesitant...

As they walked, Jou kept quiet. He was right there next to her...They were close...but Jou continued to look away with a clear expression on his face that he wasn't happy about this at all. The moment Jun brought up being cold, Jou would glance over at her, his expression haven't really changing. He did not completely catch on at first, his gloominess having distracted him. "N-No, I'm fi-" the moment Jun's hands were back on her sides...Jou could feel her gloved fingers...gently brush against his own. It was enough to stop him from speaking as he started to blush.

Jou's heart started to race. This would be the last time he'd get a chance like this...if Jou was reading into this correctly. Her hand was right there...oh so close to his own. He wanted to feel the warmth of her touch as much as she did. "I-I..." Jou glanced down...and boldly intertwined his fingers with Jun's own...bringing their hands together. "I would like that..." Jou said as his eyes rose back up to hopefully meet with Jun's own...a faint yet soothing smile forming on his blush-filled face..."I...I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with you, Jun....and you're family of course."

A frosty exchangeMar 16, 2022 11:21:12 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the boy spoke he remarked that he had slept well the girl still shied away, but his reluctance seemed to fade once she gave him the offer to warm up, and as the girl made her gesture he reciprocated by taking her hand afterwards the girl would pass some of the warmth from her hands into Jou’s body with a light brush of heat. "It was a pleasure to have you…Shall we…?” the girl would remark taking a few short steps forward one that had hoped would never have to end. "Perhaps next time I can travel with you to Iwagakure, I hear your culture is rather boundless. Maybe I can meet your family.” the girl would say with a degree of enthusiam.
[break] [break]
"I can only imagine what sort of succulent meal you’ll cook for us then.” the girl would say as she merrily squeezed Jou’s hand every passing moment going by ever so quickly the joy of the moment the mirth of the conversation why did it have to move so fast…did he really have to go?
[break] [break]
After a good few more moments of pleasant conversation they would arrive at the station an agonizing feeling coming over her as they got closer and closer towards it the sounds of the steam letting up as the train had only recently arrived at the station. "Well Jou-san here’s we are…” she’d say casually despite the anguish her heart was feeling, whose weight would add a somber tone to her words. "Your train should be boarding any moment now…” she’d say softly.
[break] [break]
After a moment she would let go of his hand and placed her hand into her jacket to hand him something. A letter with a black seal. "Here this is for you…you should read it when you get the time...” she’d say as she offered him the letter, a solemn look in her eyes her heart wanting her to say the opposite of what her mind truly felt.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]331 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Mar 16, 2022 11:22:31 GMT -5
A frosty exchangeMar 19, 2022 17:49:52 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou could feel the warmth entering his body. It was gentle and soothing...which Jou felt was fitting coming from someone as graceful as Jun. Jou did not want to let go...and he believed that Jun felt the same. The two continued to walk with their hands intertwined. At this moment, Jou did not care who would see....He just wanted this moment to last.

The thought of her coming over to Iwagakure was something that hadn't crossed Jou's mind, but the moment it did it made his smile widen ever so slightly. He would more than love to show Jun around...but the smile lessened the moment she brought up his family. "M-My family..." Jou's tone sounded as if it were drifting, his eyes slowly shifting away. When it comes to the Himishi Clan as a whole, Jou did not have a problem with them. In fact, he held them in such high regard....but when it comes to his immediate family, his parents specifically...Jou was not sure how he felt.

"Y-Yeah...I would more than love to show you around." Jou was able to fully respond, looking back at Jun with a nod and bittersweet smile...

The squeeze he felt from Jun's hand brought Jou back down to the present, however, at least for now. Not really realizing it, his thumb gently rubbed against part of the kunoichi's hand as he started to get caught up in this peaceful moment. "Mhm. If you thought that stew was good, I would love for you to try some of our country's cuisines! I'll make sure to cook something in advance." He grinned, the thought of what he should even make for her already racing through his head. Even in a hypothetical scenario, Jou took his cooking seriously.

Everything was going well as the two conversed...but that hint of enthusiasm that Jou expressed started to come to an end the moment they arrived at the train station...

Everything had gone by so quickly. He wished he could've stayed longer...with her. "Yeah...Any moment..." Jou repeated, that drifting tone once again showing itself. Jou looked over to where his train would be arriving from, but his mind was on not wanting to say goodbye. He noticed that Jun's hand slipped from his own, causing him to look over at her. He watched curiously as Jun dug a letter out of her pocket, one with a black seal.

"J-Jun...I..." As Jou placed his hand on the other end of the letter, he stopped, and just looked up at Jun. Words were escaping him at the moment. His eyes were locked onto her own, his heart racing. He wanted to tell her something...but he couldn't utter a single thing. Instead, the rest of his body tried to do the talking for him. With his hand still on the other end of the letter, Jou slowly started to lean forward, their faces getting closer...and closer. He was acting rather bold...not thinking twice about what was happening.

He continued to slowly draw closer...his lips slightly puckered...and eyes beginning to lower...

Does he dare to....

A frosty exchangeApr 3, 2022 17:24:57 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl would hand Jou her stationary Jou took it but seemingly didn’t want to go Jun didn’t want this to be any harder than it had to be...she cared a great deal for him and so desperately wanted to explore him further but knew that it simply wasn’t a good idea at the time. And so with these thoughts in mind she would reluctantly keep her distance not wanting to dig the knife any further than she knew was about too.
[break][break]
"Jou-san…I think it’s time for you to go.” the girl was fighting back tears she didn’t want to turn him away. Especially given how she felt. "All aboard!” called the train conductor. Thought even though she had pushed him away she figured he’d of turned to leave at the moment and wanted to reach out and grasp him but…this unfortunately was for the best.
[break][break]
She never knew what could become of the relationship between the two nations and didn’t want to put her people on the line by getting too invested; it was her responsibility after all. She only hoped that he’d read the letter at least, it would’ve explained everything.
[break][break]
"Jou-san
[break][break]
By the time you’re reading this you’re more than likely already gone, I’m not sure how painful this goodbye would’ve been, but I want you to understand something; you are…amazing in ways I truly cannot describe you enraptured me from the moment that I saw you and made me feel things I could hardly recognize. At first I assumed it to be my natural curiosities about you as a stranger. When I first laid eyes on you I wanted to know everything about you at first it was superficial, from the layout of your land to the architecture of your village but somewhere along the line something changed.
[break][break]
When I saw you fight I wanted to learn how you moved when I saw you cook I wanted to learn how you think and even now as you leave I want to learn why you had to leave. I wish to connect with you on a deeper level but due to the circumstances of our careers I worry that the uncertainty of the shinobi world could take what may blossom and could lead to peril for both our nations should we one day find ourselves on opposing sides.
[break][break]
And as much as I’d like too,indulge in these matters of the heart I cannot choose you over the longevity of my land. I’m sorry Jou…but for now it is how we must see each other, but know something thought I cannot act on these feelings, I will always think of you as a beautiful stranger and will always what we could’ve become, Thank you for blessing me with your presence.
[break][break]
With all of my condolences, Jun”

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]470 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Apr 3, 2022 17:28:57 GMT -5
A frosty exchangeApr 4, 2022 12:49:30 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou wanted this moment to last...but reality was often disappointing. Jou wanted to get closer...but Jun made it painfully clear that she wanted to keep her distance. At first, Jou looked like he did not understand why she was doing this...He thought that they both had a connection, but there she was, practically pushing him away. Although it was true that Jou needed to go...it still felt hard to hear her say this as if she were intentionally further pushing him away. "B-But...Jun..." Jou was having a harder time trying to keep his own emotions in check. Tears were slowly forming, but haven't dropped yet. His expression of sadness was clear as day though. Was he...wrong about their mutual feelings?

Instead of trying to protest this further, the moment Jou heard the conductor, he took one step back from Jun, lingering there for a few seconds before giving her one small nod. With that, he quickly turned around, not wanting to risk having Jun see his face as he quickly headed to his train.

Not once looking back, Jou entered the train and found a seat for him to take by a window. He lowered his head a bit, pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to keep himself from giving in to his tears which he further did by closing his eyes. There were still a few sniffs, and he gritted his teeth a bit. Jou figured he should not have acted upon these feelings...It was laughable that he'd think that anyone would feel this way for someone like him....

As the train began to move, Jou slowly wiped whatever tears were in his eyes with his sleeve before glancing out of the window. If he could see Jun from where he was, he would not wave, nor do anything. He'd just...look back down at his lap and sigh...but then he saw the paper Jun had given him which was now resting on his lap...just now remembering that he still took it.

Despite what just happened, Jou still couldn't help but want to open it. Once he did, Jou would be slightly surprised at the sight of it being a...letter? He wiped his eyes once more before properly reading it.

Jou was...at a loss of what he was now reading. Jun poured her feelings into this single letter which was easy for Jou to tell. She...really did feel the same way after all....but she knew that it would not have been wise to act upon them because of their villages. It was probably wise for Jou to not get involved for the same reasons. "Jun..." More tears formed, some dripping onto the letter, but these weren't formed of heartbreak or betrayal. It was one of understanding...accompanied by a bittersweet smile. He understood her loud and clear. Although this wasn't the outcome Jou wanted...this was still one he could make peace with. ...I understand."

With that, Jou neatly folded the letter back and found himself looking out the window, beginning to once again see the snow-covered trees he saw when first coming here. A small smile formed as he rested his chin on his hand, watching as the trees went by....reminiscing a bit.

"What a beautiful village..."