Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]

compose a reply
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 17, 2024 10:12:55 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

"Nothing wrong with your hair at all, it's just a different style." Asahi replied realizing he had left out some very necessary context with his last statement. Granted, people took creative liberties with costuming all the time and more often than not it didn't take away from their efforts in the least, and if Arashi changed nothing at all she would still look amazing. Honestly he was still finding it hard to believe that the woman had even shown interest in doing somehting like this anyway what with her responsibilities in the village and having more of a face in the village than before (which was saying something).

"I think you'll look great, but I may be just a teeny bit biased." The man spoke with a smile. Soon enough the focus would be turned to the multiple boxes Asahi still had tucked in his arms and Arashi expecting one of them to be for her. He'd never tell her that wasn't the case and now needed to pivot to try and figure out which one he thought she'd like the most. There was truth in him saying that he wasn't going to buy all of them even though his heart was screaming at him to do so given the rarity of some of the figures, but this newfound decision would help force him to cut down on his purchases. "Of course, one for me and one for you, I'll have it figured out by the time you get back." Hopefully she bought it, but only time would tell.

With Arashi off to try on the costume the Kyokujitsu would focus on which boxes he would unfortunately have to leave behind. He was taking rarity, color wave, and his enjoyment of the character in question into consideration. Some of these would have been nice to have simply for collection sake but others... others he had a mighty need to see in his room everyday. That line of thinking helped him put back a couple boxes yet as the numbers dwindled the decisions became that much more difficult.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kata has written 604 posts
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 20, 2024 9:46:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Uh huh...."

Arashi would disappear into the changing room, taking one last look at Asahi with a smirk before closing the current. The process in which to get into the costume was simpler than most attire. In truth, it was more or less just making sure she didn't do anything to damage it.

The material was so thin, almost to the point of being like paper. If she hadn't been used to the idea of feeling itchy or the roughness of texture that came with her skin, she'd probably be more than a bit irritated. Yet, that was the furthest thing on her mind at the moment.

This seemed like something that Asahi was into, it wasn't on her to deem it acceptable or even proper considering her own obsessions. Still, a part of her did find it charming to pretend.

It wasn't as if there wasn't a time she wanted to be like such a character. A warrior princess that still managed to keep some semblance of royalty to their nature, but was capable in their own right. Some might even think that she had managed such, but that was far from the truth.

Arashi was a rough and tumble as they came. Partially because she liked to be, but also because she never really got into the idea of her being considered part of such a long line of royalty to begin with. It had taken years for her to even consider her own appearance to be a factor and that had to be pointed out to her by a stranger.

In removing her top, she'd begin to set it down upon the available chair beside her, looking out from the corner of the curtain to see her boyfriend having the struggle of his life in deciding just which of the items he intended to keep.

He is too cute for this world

A small smile rested on her face, returning to her own efforts as she began to remove her shorts, stopping short as she heard the soft noise of heavy breathing. It was brief, but it was enough for a seasoned shinobi to notice, prompting her to stop as she covered herself quickly and began to scan the area.

Experience had taught her not to ignore signs of intrusion from the first warning, leading her to continue to look around as she then noticed what looked to be a small hole. It was hard to spot if one wasn't looking, but upon closer inspection, it was none other than a peep hole.

With her brow raised, she'd recall her old friends and their own knowledge of such things, leading to her raising her fist close to her chest as her teeth began to bare down.

"OH HELL NO!"

While her yell was loud enough for anyone near to hear, the crashing of the wall behind the room, followed by the scream of panic would certain get the attention of those in the store. With Arashi still partially covered, her hand would have been extended into a fist, eyes narrowed as she looked down toward the man who was now curled into a ball before her.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YA DOIN!?"

--------------

With rage coursing through her, this mild glimpse in her mind was put to a halt upon the sharp return to reality, prompting Arashi back to the moment as she noted the peep hole.

As she looked at it, she'd continue to narrow her vision before then releasing a calm breath. This was supposed to be a relaxing time. No drama, no outbursts....

So rather than create one, the young female would then lean down toward the hole, looking back into at she then picked up what looked to be a loose piece of fabric, placing it into it as she then closed her eyes and continued to change.

"Baka.."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,689 posts
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 23, 2024 11:19:09 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday August 28th, 1002 rank Special Jounin occupation Kazekage Bodyguard
{
}

With Arashi off to the changing room there was little else for the man to do but take a gander at the other wares the market stalls were chock full of. There was a nagging voice in the back of his head telling him that three or four figures wouldn't hurt, that there was plenty of space in his room for them and that it would only take a couple missions to make back the money that he would spend on them. Had he been by himself then the voice would have been a full fledged demon sitting on his shoulder whispering sweet nothings into his ear, but this wasn't a shopping spree it was a vacation with his beloved and while a couple trinkets or mementos were nice it wasn't the focus of the trip.

Speaking of, he hoped Arashi was enjoying the trip so far and would enjoy what was planned later. She had so much on her plate being second in command of the village in addition to being Suna's top military priority it seemed she hardly had time to breathe. There were only so many hours in a day and never enough to get things done which had to be a daunting feeling; so if he could help the woman relax if even for a few days it would be a win in his book.

Unbeknownst to Asahi there were foul deeds being committed on the other side of the changing room and had he known someone would have no doubt ended up as a mummy, or worse, as the violation of one's privacy --especially one the Kyokujitsu loved-- would have made him forget that they weren't supposed to be shinobi out here. Cooler, more reasonable heads had prevailed however leaving the man none the wiser and simply awaiting the return of his girlfriend.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 24, 2024 3:07:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Perverts aside, it appeared that the cloth blockade had done enough to deter any more free looks, leading to Arashi continuing to change as she began to dawn the outfit as best as she could. While she imagined that the character was much taller than she was, she'd admit that it was something of a fantasy to think think you could imitate every aspect of another person.

Even fictional ones....

Though perhaps this was a stretch since she herself had a look-alike in the capital, it didn't mean that everything about them was so similar that one couldn't tell the difference.

Mannerisms, gestures, tone of voice. These were things that created an individual in the sense of their personality and even lifestyle. It was something that Arashi had that was her own.

But that was perhaps diving way too deep and there was enough details that required her full attention at home.

Perhaps to the point that it was difficult not to leave such training behind...

In the end, Arashi would seem to finally finish, opening the curtain as she held her hands behind her back.

"Can't say if I do this justice or not..."

A voice would be heard by Asahi as it came from behind him, hopefully prompting him to look in it's direction. As what stood before him was more or less his girlfriend, and yet it was hardly something that he'd probably ever seen her in.

The attire itself was completely outside of much of what she be in during her day to day, though there were signs that it was indeed designed for a different line or work or even world in general.

While parts of the fabric seemed to drift over her leg, the other remained bare save for the dark pair of shorts that rested over her waist. The leather belts that adored it were replicated close the chest, tied off over the vested shirt and high collar at her neck. It was overall dyed in shades of purple and black, with the only defining colors outside of it being that of the tan plastic guard that rested upon her right shoulder. Standing there for a moment, the short haired female would rest one hand upon her hip, looking to the side briefly as there was hints of pink against her cheeks.

"Though to be fair, I can't say if she was seriously considering that when wearing this either. I mean, granted she came from the Grass Country...its like she was travelin with half a gown on...just pick a lane..."

Brushing her hair from her face, she'd then lean over him as she looked over what figures he had left, raising her brow before then shaking her head with a smirk.

"I see the elimination process continues..."

Clearly trying to avoid even talking about her appearance at the moment, the young woman would try and gear the conversation toward the figure boxes and then cupped her hand beneath her face.

"Still...we gotta make sure to get somethin for the others too...I know Zak will never let me hear the end of it...Senshi is easy since her sweet tooth is the stuff of legends...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 27, 2024 20:43:03 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

The sound of a familiar voice was the only thing that could pull the man away from his intense contemplation. He had made incremental strides in making a decision but the allure of hard to come by figures was still very much eating at him. That all got pushed to the back burner as soon as he put eyes on Mori--er, Arashi. Eyes widened seeing the very character come to life while still keeping the visage of his girlfriend which had his emotions and thoughts all jumbled up. Sure, he had seen people in costume before but this was very, very different and may have told the Kyokujitsu something about himself.

"Wow.. best I've ever seen. I'd be surprised if you left here without some kind of modeling contract." Asahi replied still very much in awe of the sight before him and holding himself back from just throwing money at the nearest merchant and leaving all of this stuff behind. The hair, the face, the asymmetric yet still somehow regal attire, it was perfect. "When it comes to fantasy stuff it's a lot of fashion over functionality I've noticed. Gotta look cool while you're fighting off waves of enemies and saving humanity, y'know?" Asahi would reply. His suspension of disbelief was a lot higher than some others when it came to some of the stuff he read in comics, though considering what abilities he and others around him had just about anything was possible in this world so were the crazy things comic characters did really that unbelievable?

With Arashi nearly draping herself over the man Asahi could feel his heart wanting to skip a beat as she commented on him still trying to figure out which figures he was going to buy while also mentioning that they had to remember to get gifts for those back home. Time had truly garnered them quite a few deep friendships which meant thinking of them while in exotic locales. "I've smelt what Zakku likes and I don't think they have any of that out here. Maybe we can find him a cool looking ash tray or something." He'd reply with a laugh.

"And to have you know, I made my decision while you were busy changing. These two." Asahi would add as he pointed to the two boxes he'd be taking back with him. One looked very similar to something that sat in his room currently down to the long scythe in the figures hand, though the entire model was a shiny gold and red color instead of the usual black and gray. The other was of a determined looking heroine of some fantasy race holding a magical looking quarterstaff draped in the finest robes a mage could buy. "See? One for me, one for you."

Rising to his feet the man would take a couple moments to put back the other boxes as he gave them one more longing look. "But you're right, gotta think of the others, too. So... that costume meeting your fancy or not really your speed?" He'd ask. Having already seen the woman in it it would not break his heart if Arashi decided against buying it since the mental image was very much already burned in his head. "How bout we take one last sweep through and see what we can find?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Feb 29, 2024 5:20:30 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Shut up...Heh heh...There is no way I'd be a model..."

Which has less to do with the profession and more to do with Arashi's own insecurities. Sure, acting was something that she believed she could do, if only for the art in itself. Modeling and trying to present herself as something akin to a icon that people wanted to be, that was probably pushing the limits. Not to mention, she already felt that her ego could get inflated with such a position, as it wasn't big enough as it was.

Still, in hearing Asahi's explanation on how fashion with such characters had to be first over everything else in combat, it made it all the less likely that someone would realistically perform anything without fear of breaking a nail. Of course, with what the two of them had seen, it wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

It just wasn't ideal...

As Arashi leaned back upon hearing the possible idea for Zakku, Arashi would smirk before then rolling her eyes as she released a breath.

"Agreed...though it has to be somethin that screams him..."

Ashtrays aside, the others were a bit more simple. Ayukawa would eat anything as long as it was considered food, so perhaps something along those lines would work. There was also her mother and father, who could be fitted together in one. Her brothers, where she was concerned, could be gifted with items that they would likely use. Take was easy as he was still a kid, Setsuna would likely want something that could help improve his skills. Books were okay for that, but she imagined he'd look at her like their mother if she didn't get him something that was at least fun.

Yet as she prepared to redirect things back to him, she'd see that he had indeed limited himself down to one and then had the other for her, prompting her to reach over as she looked it over.

"Heh heh...I love it! It will look great in my ro...oh....I mean it will still look awesome once I finish it..."

Remembering that she didn't technically have a room anymore and that her space would have to be relocated to somewhere else, she'd hold a sheepish smile on her face before thankfully being focused on the question of if she was good with her costume.

"Right...totally! I mean...I won't be wearin it to work but I can totally find an occasion to show it off..."

That said, she'd then grin before then looking at him with a smirk.

"Now we just gotta find one for you!"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 7, 2024 19:44:37 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

The question of what to get their friends and family back home still lingered in the air and they agreed that what would have made Zakku the happiest probably wasn't sold in a place like this so the search was still on. There was no shortage of little trinkets and other odds and ends throughout the place but finding something that felt like the others and wasn't some cheaply made throwaway was tricky. But they could focus on that later, for now his focus was on seeing if Arashi liked the costume enough to buy or if she was having second thoughts; either option was fine to be honest and pressuring the woman to pick up something she wasn't completely sold on wasn't something Asahi wanted to do.

Hearing that she did in fact like it --love it, even-- brought a smile to the special jounin. "Awesome, I'm glad it wasn't too ridiculous." He wasn't entirely sure what the outcome would be when first explaining what the clothing was let alone getting Arashi to try it on but all seemed well. The day he had invited her to his house and first shown off his collection of figures was a nerve wracking experience as quite a few thought of them as little more than toys and that sentiment only grew stronger as he grew older. During that time most teenagers were trying desperately to shed themselves of the things that saw as 'kiddie' which was part of the reason Asahi hadn't told many people about his hobby, but thankfully Arashi was all too accepting.. at least, that's what she said aloud.

Daydreams of the past were quickly shattered as the woman spoke on needing to find a similar costume for Asahi to wear prompting the man to raise a brow in confusion. "Say what now? N-Nah, the figures are all I need. See?" He'd reply while lifting the two boxes eye level. "So yep, I think I'm good there! But about those gifts for everyone else, I think I saw some cool stuff back over that way." He added rapidly trying to change the topic of conversation. In all honesty the Kyokujitsu thought he'd look way too silly in one of those costumes.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 9, 2024 7:49:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi would raise her brow as it appeared that Asahi felt that he could be exempt from having to find an outfit of his own. It made sense that he might be a bit self-conscious, but then how the hell did he think she felt? With a small laugh, Arashi would then look to the side as she then allowed a sly smirk to cross her lips.

"I guess your right...I mean...ya have been gaining a little weight...might be hard to find your size in all this. Plus, no one wants to see a flat chest when they are trying to envision their icon in the flesh..."

It was an easy ploy at reverse psychology, but she was interested in seeing if he'd bite. It was a long shot at the very least.

"After all, what I was thinkin was puttin you in somethin like....this.."

Drawing out the costume she saw in front of her, she'd glance at it briefly to see the slightly bared chest opening, the extended leggings and the new clear white hue.

"I mean...it would look hot....especially since Vxys is usually always so...muscular...and I mean...its not like theres anything wrong with you but...yea...you'd never be able to pull it off...."

Was it totally untrue...yes...and she knew it...but the point was to get him to believe that she doubted it.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 10, 2024 20:10:05 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Asahi had expected to not get let off that easily and was more than prepared for some protest from Arashi but he had not accounted for was the woman to agree with him on the basis that his recent weight gain would prevent him from looking good in the costume. "Right, I... wait, what?" The man stopped in his tracks turning his attention back to the woman, a look of confusion scrawled all across his face. Then came the jab about having a flat chest causing him to reactively put a hand to one of his pecs.

"Now hold on, I don't do a bunch of weight lifting but I do work out. B-Besides, I've spent a lot of time sitting around a certain office because of work so I'm not out on missions and stuff as I used to be." For a brief moment the Kyokujitsu had forgotten that they were supposed to be regular ole vacation goers. The thought that his girlfriend could have been purposefully goading him into trying on the costume had not crossed his mind. Maybe if Arashi's tactics had been less brazen the man may have seen through the ruse but it was a masterful use of reverse psychology causing the special jounin to be too flustered and preoccupied with finding excuses to think straight.

"Give it here, I'll show you I will look just fine in it." Asahi would wait for the woman to hand over the costume before heading towards the dressing room, still very unaware that he had been duped. Extra fabric in some places mixed with gaps where some normally should have been reinforced the man's thinking that the article of clothing was awkward and goofy looking but he had a point to prove so a few minutes of looking odd were manageable in his eyes. "Gained weight? Maybe because I've been guarding the literal leaders of the village for years. But I guess that doesn't count for anything these days..." Asahi muttered to himself as he continued to play dress up.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 14, 2024 0:15:38 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Though Asahi was quick to pick up on the possible insult, Arashi remained innocent with her expression as she listened to him and nodded solemnly with a calm expression. Despite it likely proving to hurt his pride a bit, the young Jounin had zero intention on dressing up alone at the moment. Not to mention, it would be interesting to see just how well Asahi could pull off a new look. Not to say anything was wrong with him, but the fun of this was hard to resist.

As she handed off the costume, she'd watch him leave with a sense of determination in his eyes, prompting her to hold her hands behind her back before looking to the side until he was out of sight and earshot.

"Can't believe that actually worked....Genjutsu can suck it..."

In light of her mental victory over Asahi, Arashi would then look around briefly as she then noted the changing room once more. She had ignored the event of peeper before, deciding to simply prevent his viewing pleasure for the moment, yet as she noted a figure moving around from the window behind it, Arashi would release a breath before then looking away.

"Ignore it....ignore it..."

-------------

Restless breathing...heart-rate to the pace of a full sprint, the young man would continue to look in through the hole, groaning as he opted to use a small pencil to try and remove the blockage.

If he could just get it clear, he'd be all set...

Or at least, he felt he would before hearing a clear noise from behind him. Within seconds, his head would turn and in seeing a tan skinned woman in front of him, he'd feel a scream erupt from his lips, only to find it silenced by a mound of sand covering them.

As he struggled with the binding, the figure with golden eyes would then kneel down as she looked him in the eyes. The stare would linger for a few moments longer, holding eye contact, unmoving before then gesturing with it's head to the other side of the street. It was enough of an indication to what they wanted, prompting the man to nod before bolting quickly down the road.

As the feminine figure watched, it soon faded into the dust as Arashi would look on from the window as her mirror image vanished.

"Then again...This is better..."

That said, Arashi would begin to browse a bit more as she waited for Asahi to finish, her eyes scanning more of the reading material related to the characters as she picked up one of the books and began to scan it's pages.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 21, 2024 12:48:00 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Zippers, latches, tight in some places and open air in others, these clothes were really ridiculous in person and while the taunts of Arashi were still ringing in his head the man had a right mind to agree with the woman on the sole basis of how silly he would look wearing this anywhere in public. Clicks and zips kept the Kyokujitsu oblivious to the scene unfolding on the other side of the wall though one could say the silence of it all was more so Arashi's doing than anything else. "I think that's everything accounted for." Asahi mused to himself making sure he wasn't going to give the merchants a free show once he stepped out of the dressing room.

Pushing the door open Asahi pulled at the sleeves of the costume trying to loosen the fabric as much as he could. It was an almost formal looking ensemble with black slacks and a white jacket complete with thick purple accents and a sizable collar. There were all manner of zippers and pockets that gave the jacket a busy feel and in some universe it could have been seen as fashionable yet here in Wind Country it was a surefire way to acquire both a sunburn and heatstroke.

"This is doing... a lot, but I told you I'd look good in it." Asahi spoke once he found Arashi. He was still none the wiser to her sly tongue and mental tricks but for at least another day his pride had been saved. Perhaps he would focus on doing more taijutsu training after they got back to the village, it couldn't hurt after all and then Arashi would definitely never be able to utter those words again.

Think Jack Atlas for the costume

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Mar 21, 2024 16:33:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

It was a rare thing to see Asahi out of his element when it came to clothes. So it was all the more priceless to see it in action as she witnessed the Jounin walk out. Leaning back against the stand of books, Arashi would raise her brow a bit before allowing a smirk to cross her lips as she watched him. There was certainly a charm to white and blue attire, the long jacket and the edges that seemed to curve the collar. Her smirk remained before she then narrowed her eyes as she looked him over once more.

"I take it back...I have never been more wrong in my life...I'm so sorry..."

In saying this, Arashi would laugh before then shaking her head as she allowed herself to take this loss. Of course, it wasn't really a loss on her part, but she figured that in this case, she'd let Asahi have his perceived win.

Walking around him, she'd gently pull at the jacket as she examined him over, standing on her toes briefly before then flashing a toothy grin.

"Totally pullin it off...You are definitely gettin this..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, she'd then look across from him to see some more items that could be gathered for the others, leading to her pulling him in that direction as she held up the plate with a grin.

"We better hurry and get the rest of our souvenirs for the others....before we go broke in here..."

In gesturing toward the items that were still left to explore, Arashi would recall that her parents were still on the list and her siblings as well. As expected, getting something for them was a simple matter of considering their joint interests. Her mother would definitely go for more tribal like jewelry and her father a historical piece that provided information and class. Setsuna would want something that was flashy, but efficient, and Takefusa would prefer something soft but durable to handle his temper.

As she continued to look over what she had gathered, she'd stop before then tilting her head at Asahi with a smile.

"Did ya find something for your folks too?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Apr 5, 2024 22:37:10 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

Seeing Arashi's surprised expression helped to bring down the level of awkwardness that the Kyokujitsu felt wearing this get up, but he'd be lying if he said it didn't feel good to prove the woman wrong about him not having what it took to pull the outfit off. Asahi still held quite a few reservations about wearing something like this around the village where other people he knew had a chance to see him but it didn't sound like he was going to leave this market without buying the outfit. "I'm not gonna say I told you so, but just remember this for next time."

Before he could even get a chance to change back into his normal clothes Arashi was already pulling him in another direction to finish buying gifts for their friends and family back home. There really was a bit of everything and it was difficult trying to narrow the choices down between practical gifts and just a trinket or something. His eyes would settle on the same sun-like pendant he had noticed earlier that seemed well suited for Senshi and though the girl was a little rough and tumble Asahi felt that she'd be able to take care of it. Hearing Arashi ask if he'd thought of anything to get his parents caused an age old problem to surface: what did you get the people who had everything?

"Buying gifts for them has been a task since I was little. The both of them being merchants means they've got stuff from all over the world, and a bunch of it too, so I can never figure out what to get them." Asahi replied as a hand rubbed his chin in contemplation. "They do like postcards though, so maybe a couple nice ones." It may have come across as lackluster but the house was already chock full of stuff they barely had space for so it didn't make much sense to add to the problem.

"What about you?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Apr 6, 2024 0:45:38 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obligatory Beach Episode

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Ohhh don't worry...no way in hell I'm forgettin this..."

With a grin, Arashi would watch as Asahi would begin to browse as well, prompting him to answer the question of what he would be getting his own parents in regards to their trip. In truth, it was easy to forget at times that while her family may have been well off for some time, his were just as much capable of having a bit of everything as they were. In fact, being merchants, it seemed that they had a lot of things that made it a challenge to get them something that they would need.

"I recall someone once tellin me...simple is best...granted that person literally works on at times complex models but ya know...solid advice..."

Her hand resting on her hip, Arashi would allow the young man a break from being dragged along beside her, allowing him a breather as she began to consider her own parents. As the question was reversed on to her, the young woman would look upward as she held her hand close to her face.

"If I'm bein honest...half of the time I never really got my parents anything...."

While that comment might seem harsh considering who her parents were, Arashi would quickly release a breath as she glanced at Asahi with a blank expression.

"Not that I didn't want to...but remember I spent most of my time on the streets back then...once I got back home...I did what I could to do things around the house....small stuff..."

It was funny how she could be simple when it came to her parents, but only due to the fact that they were so larger than life that trying to buy them something was almost laughable.

"Truth is...gettin anything for them is like a mission in a half...Mom is as simple as they come...jewelry and girly stuff has never been a thing with her....Dad is...well...Dad...he'd be happy with just having a book in hand or some paint..."

She didn't know if that was a reflection on them or of herself in truth. Though even she realize the common thread in their own interests next to her own.

"My parents happen to be the most ordinary...and yet unordinary people in the world...but I think I know what I can get them..."

Looking toward what looked to be a plate, she'd draw it down as it had decorative ornaments around it's edges, along with strange symbols that crossed it's surface in the middle.

"This could work though...it's interesting enough that my Mom would find it useful for display and Dad would be able to try and use it in conversation as he unraveled the mysteries behind it's meaning..."

Waggling her fingertips, she'd smirk before then shrugging her shoulders with a gesture to the side.

"Simple at its best..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obligatory Beach Episode [Arashi]Apr 8, 2024 11:19:37 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Asahi
Kyokujitsu Asahi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
{
}

"Hmm, point taken." Asahi replied as his patented sagely advice had been thrust back upon him. It was clear he was overthinking things and while not flashy by any means he was certain his parents would enjoy something that exuded the place where it was from, and a postcard would do just the trick; nothing cheap and flimsy of course, but one nice enough that for even just a moment they'd feel like they were here in Ouetsu whenever they looked at it. Arashi, ironically enough, seemed to be in a very similar boat about finding her parents a gift though for very different reasons.

The (former) first family of Suna was as perplexing as they were powerful and it was a kinship not devoid of its own problems and strife. Arashi had been a veritable street urchin for a lot of her youthful years -- no doubt setting the foundation for all the trouble she found herself (and got Asahi) into-- and between these bouts of living on the land her responsibility seemed to just be helping keep their home in order. So her mom wasn't big into fancy gifts and Takato-san couldn't help himself but to search for a deeper meaning into whatever was gifted to him; that way of over analyzing sounded silly but Asahi had seen it in person on more than one occasion so there was validity in the claim.

"So we're in the same boat then. Guess I never thought about it but yeah with a house full of kids and pets there probably isn't much need or want for fancy stuff that could get broken or lost easily." Asahi replied in an understanding tone. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your dad can't turn his brain off even for a gift, so yeah simple probably is best then." He'd add with a laugh.

Taking a gander at the decorative plate Arashi had picked up he nodded along with the woman's assessment of what her parents would most likely do with it. "Not overly ornate but more than just a piece of dinnerware, I think they'll like it."

Coming to grips with his own decisions it seemed about that time to see what the damage to his wallet would be. "Should be everything yeah? Let's round up everything we're getting before we end up taking the whole market back to Suna." Asahi chuckled.

MADE BY VEL OF GS