Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Jul 20, 2019 23:56:32 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 23 years old birthday March 3rd rank Chuunin occupation
[googlefont="Playfair Display"][googlefont="Alice"]

I'm scared that you'll compare and I'll look a lifetime past repair

The evening air was cool to the skin, though Himari admittedly wasn't showing much of it. Wearing relatively conservative clothing during this evening, the girl was back in her comfortable color scheme of black, though still trying to give off different vibes than she normally would have if it'd just been she and herself. Dressed with black heeled ankle boots, black leggings, short black shorts with a white belt around her waist, a black sleeveless turtleneck that hugged her figure, with detached sleeves that started below the shoulders. Her hair was in its twin pigtails, obsidian in color.
    Her shoes clacked lightly as she walked down the streets, the piece of paper in her hand to make sure she was approaching the right building. There was slight rising tension, but it wasn't so much in growing rage, but... nerves. This whole operation was risky at best, dangerous and devastating at worst. It was something she was going to have to be secretive about, and, although if things went well she knew she'd be in for a world of pain, which didn't normally scare her, but... this was different.
    If she were found out.
    If something went wrong.
    She wasn't just some useless genin anymore. Her demise was of actual consequence.
    I can't believe you're actually doing this.
    You seem to love tormenting me endlessly, but only have a problem with my suffering if it's at the hands of others. How silly.
    Gyūki didn't have anything to say in return.
    Himari took in a deep breath and approached the house with Yoko's address and, lightly rapped on the door with her knuckles. Her mind was swimming with thoughts, paranoia, and justified nervousness. Pain was pain, but politics and consequences lurked around every corner and she knew how desperate this was. But, if she was asked, she was just going to be engaging in some training with a skilled shinobi who wielded the sought-out expertise. Nothing sketchy going on here at all...

TAG
NOTES

Mika has written 1,142 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Jul 22, 2019 2:41:10 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

a nightmare dressed like a daydream

7 p.m. arrived much too quickly. Yoko had prepared her home for her guest, cleaned herself up, and made tea--all with time to spare--but her thoughts had not ceased their race. She was thrilled to potentially have an outlet for some of her more aggressive activities, especially one that would benefit a fellow woman, but there was much to discuss before their agreement was set in stone. The possibilities, concerns, and risks weighed heavily in her mind. But, with their meeting tonight, more would be made clear. And clarity would light the way to mutual satisfaction and mutual gain.

When her guest arrived, Yoko was at the door in quick order. She would open it to reveal a fresh face and newly straightened hair, her thin frame adorned in the silk of a robe patterned with various birds in exotic colors. She gave off a very "summer" vibe, not at all what one might have expected for a summons on a topic so intensely dark.

"Himari, welcome," she greeted with a smile, her tone cordial and sprinkled with her usual sweetness. "Please, come in. Make yourself at home." She stepped aside and would allow the woman through and into the entrance hall. This hallway led straight toward the back of the house, passing by adjoining archways that led first into the kitchen on the left, and further down into the living room on the same side. There were also stairs, but they wouldn't be going that way tonight.

Yoko would guide them into the kitchen, omitting any tour further down the hall that would've revealed the other rooms and the grand mirror she kept on the far wall. Once in the kitchen, her guest would see that two places for tea had been set at the table, with the kettle placed at the center still piping hot.

Yoko would gesture to the seats, waving her hand gently. "Please, sit. We've much to go over." She chose to get right to the point. It was common, almost expected, for newcomers to comment on another's home upon entering, but the pinkette was, for once, not focused on her home. It was larger than necessary for just her, contemporary but subtly stylish with obvious attention paid to details. Customized furniture and accents gave off very "chic" vibes that uniquely suited the woman's tastes, with much of the home comprised of pale woods, whites, reds, pinks, and the occasional gray. Everything was in a proper place with zero clutter to be had. Surfaces were polished and clean, the ambience was pleasant, and the scents from room to room were feminine and flowery, but not overwhelming. Any woman her age would've been proud of the place--and she was--but there were more important matters to speak on. And, assuming their meeting went well, Himari would be seeing enough of the house that it wouldn't need any extra attention paid out of mere courtesy.

No notes~! HEX:#f93973

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Jul 23, 2019 23:42:22 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari offered a light smile in return, since it was only polite to do so, and nodded her head slightly before making her way into Yoko's humble abode. It was a nice building, of course--much nicer than where Himari lived, though the jinchūriki didn't really have any complaints or feel any amount of jealousy. A house was just a building, hers had served its only needed purposes, and it didn't matter to her how nice it appeared. Decorations held no purpose to her, so her own residency was very... bare. But it was fitting.
    Yoko's house was... perhaps a bit of insight of what would be considered "normal", and certainly revealed a bit of contrast to not only their personalities but even view towards the world around them.
    A house was a personal thing, after all, and it did say a lot about an individual.
    And, as much as Himari didn't care for interior design or pretty appearances, she recognized that you could learn a lot about someone by the way their house was organized, decorated, and set up, and although she wouldn't normally care... she supposed getting an idea of what this woman was like was important, considering that she would essentially be putting herself and her well being in Yoko's hands in the near future. She didn't need to know much. Just enough.
    Himari followed Yoko into the kitchen and nodded her head when she was told to sit. She pulled out a chair and took a seat, looking over to the hostess who she hoped would join her. "Indeed," she agreed. "One of the first things I want to discuss is that I want to..." She frowned. Well, there were things she couldn't share. They were confidential, but, still... "I want to make you as aware of the situation as I can. I don't want you to go into something blindly, and I'm really big on consent. I'd want to make sure you at least have an idea of what you're involving yourself in, the dangers, risks, and if you had any other intentions... I'd hope to deter you from those thoughts. This is a serious matter and one that I need you to respect certain boundaries over. Not for my sake, but for yours and everyone around us."
    Of course, she personally didn't care too much about what happened to her. But she understood she had responsibilities, now. She had a role to fulfill and with that duty came certain limits, boundaries, and stakes. She did have to value herself, even if she may not have wanted to. She had to think about the people around her. How her actions would effect the world around her.
    "And, I need to make this clear. If by the end of this conversation you do consent to partaking in our intended activities, what we do is between us. A secret. Don't bring it up to anyone, if you can. As far as I'm concerned, I met up with an Iwagakure shinobi to participate in some training. That's all. It's all I see this as and all I will consider it to be. But it would be even better if I didn't have to mention it to anyone and if nobody else knew about this meeting where they could even begin to ask questions, especially so if you're well known for your more sadistic tendencies and interests, since even us 'meeting' could have some dangerous implications that I'd rather not have others know about."
    It was imperative that nobody else knew what occured during their "training" sessions, that was, if Yoko even agreed to do it to begin with. Himari knew what she was doing was dangerous. It was risky. And if anyone knew what she had done... if somehow news of this made its way to her leader... it could cause some serious problems. Situations that Himari would rather avoid entirely if at all possible.

TAG
NOTES

last edit by Mikazuki Aikawa on Jul 23, 2019 23:46:03 GMT -5
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Jul 24, 2019 19:48:34 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko sat next to--not across from--her guest, folding one hand over the other as the woman began to explain herself. What she said was essentially assumed. At the end of her request, the pinkette would nod, briefly smiling in the most reassuring manner. "Of course. Discretion is vital, as it should be. My private affairs remain private, so you need not worry about that."

Yoko poured Himari a cup of tea before doing so for herself. She took a sip before expanding on what had already been said. "Regarding our little training arrangement, the details will stay between us. However, I don't engage seriously with volunteers without first knowing who they are. Liability. You understand." Another sip.

"Our villages are on amenable terms, and I would respect that status by remaining candid with you on identity. I will provide you my actual identity and information, and I expect you to do the same. That way, we may hold one another accountable should we suffer any...unfortunate accidents. Though I firmly believe that won't come to pass."

Reaching into an interior pocket of her dress, Yoko presented one of her IDs. It displayed her photo, last and first names, age, and her rank. However, it said nothing about the village's ANBU or her assignment to the corps. It would be placed upon the table, for Himari to review at her leisure.

"Tell me about yourself. In detail. And I will reciprocate your honesty." She took another sip, this one prolonged, as she would wait for her guest to form her responses to all she'd laid out thus far.

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Jul 24, 2019 21:10:39 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari tilted her head to the side slightly, looking at Yoko as the woman sat next to her instead of across from her at the other end of the table. Something Himari felt was odd, but she decided not to think on it too hard. Maybe it was just Yoko's way of trying to appear more familiar, close, and comfortable. "Good." If Yoko didn't go out of her way to talk about the events that were likely going to occur, then there probably wouldn't be any problems that would arise in the near future. Possibly, it'd never come at all, which would be ideal.
    However, as the pink-haired woman continued to speak, she began to ask for... well, information that Himari couldn't really share. It was complicated, now. She could reveal her true identity, but have to keep her position secret, or she could reveal her position and relationship to her village, and keep her identity hidden. Technically, her real identity could be revealed by force, and her position could also possibly be uncovered during their exercise.
    Himari wasn't sure which was worse, or how she'd want to go about this.
    Which one would be easier to hide?
    She had to keep consistency.
    Kaito knew her position, and her first name, but not her full name, and not her face and true identity.
    Akira knew her position and that her identity she used was not her own.
    It would probably be better if she was honest about what she was, and kept her secrets about who she was. Consistency was important, and since a handful of people already knew what she was, it was better not to risk her true identity, the "who", ever being revealed, slipped out, or brought up where someone else might be able to connect any possible pieces.
    Himari didn't look at the card that Yoko slipped onto the table, instead, she crossed her arms and sighed. "I will be honest in that there are some things I need to keep secret. I cannot share my identity with you because it's confidential." It'd be like Yoko telling Himari that she was an ANBU operative. Foolish. When it came to more secretive, dangerous positions and identities, they just simply couldn't be shared. It was just the way things were. "I mentioned before, that my relationship to my village is... of great importance. If I were to go missing, if something were to happen to me, it would cause some serious problems. My Lord wouldn't rest until my location and status was confirmed. It's why I need to make this clear to you before we do anything, so that you don't get any wrong ideas. I cannot be maimed--at least, no permanent damage could be done to my persons. If I were to return to Amegakure with my eyes gouged out or an arm missing, my Lord would raise hell, I'm sure. If I were to be killed, not only would Amegakure likely try to go to war with Iwagakure for your actions, but you also would likely be killed merely seconds after I die, as would everyone in the immediate area likely perish in moments. I'm not just some usual shinobi who can go around giving my name to you or my real identity, because of what I am to my village. I'm not just some genin, a random chūnin, genin squad leader or teacher. What you're involving yourself with tonight is the jinchūriki of Amegakure. I feel you should know that, so you can recognize the severity of the situation."
    She paused.
    "It's why I wish to be as secretive about this as I can. Like I mentioned previously today, the kind of training I'm requesting from you isn't something I believe would be given to me even if I'd asked. It's too dangerous. Too risky. Not something any sane person would do to someone like me, and not something my Lord would ever allow if he knew about it. However, he doesn't need to know. And, frankly, I need this. The way I see it... if I were ever to be taken hostage or kidnapped by an enemy nation, I would need to keep my identity secret as long as possible, and I would need to be able to maintain a calm state even under extreme pain. Not lose control of my tongue, or give in to emotion or pain. Not give up sensitive information just because I'm in pain, make it as difficult for them to force me into cooperation as I possibly can. Basically, I think it would be very useful for me to be able to keep a straight face even while undergoing torture, to become so attuned to pain that it has no affect on me. The worst patient to torture and interrogation that any enemy shinobi has ever seen, if you would," Himari explained and elaborated. Of course, that was the primary reason. The deepest fear that lurked in the darkest corners of her mind. She never, ever wished to betray her village, no matter the circumstances. If she gave out information, she wanted it to be willingly. She didn't want anyone to be able to force anything out of her, and if that meant becoming the type of person that was impossible to crack... then she'd have to train so that she could be strong under such "pressures".
    Of course, Himari would have other uses for the ability. There was plenty she could use to her advantage if she had that kind of a tolerance. But, more than anything, she wanted to be prepared for the worst.
    Most shinobi didn't have to worry about being kidnapped or tortured to get private information leaked out of them. Most shinobi were not so valuable to their village. Most did not have to fear how dangerous they were if they were ever forced to act against their will. Most didn't have to worry about staying strong even under such extreme situations, keeping sensitive information secret under all costs. Unless you were a JITE operative, you probably didn't have to worry about being targeted for such dangerous and lethal purposes.
    If enemy shinobi could just rough her up a little and beat her into submission until she did whatever they wanted...
    No way. Himari wouldn't allow it.
    And it's why she needed this training.
    Most shinobi didn't have to worry about such extreme events.
    Himari did.
    She was a jinchūriki. She wasn't worried that these things could happen. She knew they would. It was just a matter of time. Sooner, or later. Eventually, she would be targetted. If she wasn't strong enough to defend herself, she had to be strong enough to hold her ground. She only hoped that when she was targeted, when she was attacked, or betrayed, or whatever else... that she'd be ready.
    But nobody was willing to help her.
    Nobody.
    Not like this.
    Not in the way she believed she needed it most.

TAG
NOTES
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Aug 11, 2019 22:56:54 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Yoko felt immediate suspicion when Himari didn't bother double-checking her ID. In fact, she appeared to disregard it entirely, going off on her own story about why she couldn't be as generous with information as was being requested of her. The expression on Yoko's face went hard and stern the further on the other woman spoke, drawing conclusions long before she even spoke aloud what she truly was. The jin of Ame. What a treasure this was.

Yoko uncrossed and recrossed her legs, pocketing her ID with a small, dainty flourish of her right hand. Her green eyes settled on her guest as Himari continued about her motivations. She wanted to become immune to enemy torture? Of course her Lord wouldn't let her throw herself at allies in the way she wanted. The risk was quite high. But high risk also meant high reward.

After a brief silence, during which the jounin was obviously absorbing everything Himari had divulged, she appeared to relent with a sigh. "I understand. However, if you will not give me your actual name, I will need substitute data. Simply tell me who you've had contact with here in Iwa. Anyone notable--including shinobi. If you learned their name, I need their name, too. That will suffice." While she wouldn't be able to walk into Ame and point any fingers, having a trail of sorts would make the woman easier to pin down without a name. It was possible she used varying names and appearances toward every individual she came across, but if she spoke to enough people, there was bound to be overlap. Just knowing if Himari had been acquainted with any of her allies would prove helpful, as far as security went. It would make her less of a stranger, and that was really the goal. To get to know her enough that their arrangement would be comfortable.

"Moving on, I'll ensure you are not harmed in any irrevocable manner. I will test you as far as you wish to go, but no more. Comfort is paramount in my home, second only to consent. You will enter it whole, and you will leave it the same." Yoko raised her tea cup and took a drink, her green eyes remaining on Himari over the edge of the porcelain.

Once she'd placed her cup back down, she continued. "I'd like to add, for your reassurance, that while I am versed in torture, I am also a medic. You are safe here." There was no warmth in her voice, only logic, only facts. Sentiment wasn't the focus here. This was an agreement, and agreements were forged on information, not friendship. She was curious what other details Himari would surrender before ultimately making her decision.

Also on the pinkette's mind was what her superior would say about this. Had he met the girl? Had any of the ANBU coincidentally encountered her without knowing what she actually was? Had Iwa's jin met her during her travels here? Urgh, that man... Thinking back about Akira made her blood boil. She chilled it again with a quick sip of tea, her gaze still lingering somewhat on Himari, her polished nails drumming lightly against her lap.

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 11, 2019 16:16:49 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari watched, her eyes studious and her lips silent as the pink-haired woman came up with a resolution for the situation. If she couldn't give her name, then she should give the names of people she'd been in contact with upon her arrival in Iwagakure. Himari didn't understand what the significance of such would be. What did she hope to gain? Himari hadn't exactly given her true identity to anyone else, either.
    The closest person she'd revealed that to was Kaito.
    And even then, she'd only given her first name. An incredibly common first name.
    Why else would Yoko want to know who Himari had been in contact with if not to try extracting more information through them? Himari couldn't fathom any other intention. And if that was the case, there was the slim possibility that the woman could learn of her true identity. If she really wanted to. She'd have to receive the information from Kaito, and then hunt down every single Mikazuki that lived in Amegakure. And, out of all of the girls with that name, there was only one who held striking behavior and personality to Himari.
    Even if she tried to behave differently as Himari, the resemblance was clear.
    Now, the likliness of this happening was next to none, and the jinchūriki knew this.
    But, knowing her luck...
    "I don't know why any of those names would be relevant," Himari stated plainly. "Nor why they would be good exchange for a name."
    Hopefully her refusal wouldn't hinder the commitment for the procedure. If that's what one even wanted to call it. But, as Yoko went on to confirm that no permanent, life-altering harm would become of the jinchūriki, Himari gave a slight nod in acknowledgement, her eyes distant as her mind was deep in thought.
    So long as she didn't return to Amegakure with a missing limb or lack of heartbeat, Himari had no qualms. And, as sketchy as this whole thing was, Himari was willing to go through with it. Yoko seemed content enough with the plan, and even though there was still that voice in the back of the jinchūriki's head, telling her how dangerous this was, how this could all go wrong at any moment, how the worst thing that could happen--well, could happen--it was a leap of faith. An act of desperation. And, so, she shoved any thoughts of fear down deep into her subconscious, and nodded.
    Yoko was skilled in the arts of torture, but she was also a trained medic.
    Go figure.
    In a way, she reminded Himari of one of her past sensei. A terrifying woman, who'd traumatized the young shinobi-in-training in more ways than one. One of the reasons she'd been so brutal and terrifying in her tactics was that she could bring you to the brink of death, and then with her medical training, rip you right back into stability. Back and forth, back and forth, the pain of death meant nothing and it held no fear. You became used to it. Numb. She could use more extreme methods, because there was less risk of actual mortality.
    People like that were much scarier than those who had too many boundaries in fear of causing death.
    Which meant Yoko was even moreso a perfect match than Himari had initially thought.
    "So, if that's all well and fine..." Himari said quietly, setting down her teacup after a final sip. She locked her gaze onto the other woman's, and with hope that her previous decline in providing information hadn't deterred the other, she asked, "shall we begin?"

TAG
NOTES
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 11, 2019 20:20:31 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

She didn't understand why having intelligence on her other points of contact was relevant? My, what naivety. Yoko's eyes narrowed, her gaze sharp. She was refusing? Well, they'd return to it soon enough.

Her other points seemed to be understood. Himari wanted to begin, but Yoko would take the time to drink from her cup, eyeing the younger woman over the rim of it. She was painfully slow about it, dragging out each second, her gaze never moving from her.

And then, finally, she'd set down the teacup. "My requirement was names. If you'd like my help, you'll give them to me. Or your own. Pick." Her tone was stern but not aggressive. As beneficial as it would be to her personally to have a willing subject for torture methods, she wasn't engaging in such a relationship without her end of the negotiations being satisfied.

If Himari couldn't see the weight of that demand, then there was no reason she'd see any problem in answering truthfully. And if she did come to understand its importance, she'd be able to give an intelligent counter--perhaps other information--rather than stating she didn't understand why Yoko was asking her in the first place. Her contacts in Iwagakure were vital starting points in knowing the "who" and "what" of this young woman. And, as someone who took information gathering and analysis rather seriously, Yoko wasn't about to pass up any chances to be thorough and add to the corps' files.

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 12, 2019 20:29:12 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari was quiet, for a moment. So, this was how it was going to be. The woman wanted names, and they'd be going nowhere without them. Himari didn't have any real power to argue, and if she wanted to go through with this, she was going to have to comply. Sighing, she gave in. "I've not been in much contact with anyone," she admitted truthfully. "But there have been two people of noteworthy interaction. One is a young man named Akira--he's got orange hair, pale blue eyes, ashen skin... Hard to mistake him for anyone else."
    It was quite probable that this woman not only knew who Akira was, but also knew of his status.
    His identity as jinchūriki didn't seem to be as secretive as hers was in her own village. She probably knew what he was.
    "And the other is a man named Kaito," she stated. Himari didn't know his last name, and admittedly she was unsure what might be the best way to describe him. Kaito was a common name, just like Mikazuki was. She could have been talking about anyone. "He... he's sort of grumpy, um, rougher around the edges, has more of a low-life sort of vibe to him..." she mumbled. Himari didn't want to mention that she'd met the man in an underground fight ring, since she wasn't sure how legal that activity was and didn't feel like ratting him out. But Kaito was more that sort of person. He'd guided her through the rougher parts of the village, knew them like the back of his hand.
    And though he was rougher around the edges and had a darker side to him, Himari didn't think poorly of him in any way. She didn't know him very well, but what little she did know, she respected. Even if he seemed like the less-honorable type, and wasn't regarded in a positive light by his village. Even if he wasn't considered a good person by others. She thought pretty highly of him, but she couldn't deny that he certainly wasn't... probably... held in the highest regards. At least, that's the impression he'd given to her.
    To be fair, she didn't think she was, either.
    She was an obedient shinobi who didn't cause much trouble per se, but she understood the civilian class weren't too fond of her due to her negative demeanor, and she couldn't quite blame them.
    She was a bit rough around the edges, too.
    And insane.
    So she couldn't judge.
    "And he, uh... He's got some tattoos--just small little things, tiny marks on his face and... such..." Himari mumbled. "Sorry if you don't know who he is, I don't know how else to describe him, and I don't know his last name..." She rubbed the base of her neck.

TAG
NOTES

Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 14, 2019 11:41:06 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Himari provided names, and how lovely that they were good names. The people she'd come into contact with--Akira and Kaito--were quite possibly the most convenient where Yoko was concerned. That would make things much easier later. The pinkette gave a nod, appearing to accept her answers but with no real emotional giveaways. She knew them both, but Himari wouldn't know that. And it was better she didn't.

"Don't worry, that will suffice," she told her. "I appreciate the details. Thank you." She took another drink of her tea and then, with a content sigh, she flashed a polite smile toward her guest.

"Now... Would you like to begin at this moment, or are there further details or limits you'd like us to arrange beforehand?" she asked. "Otherwise, I'd be happy to escort you to the lab downstairs." That made it sound more extravagant than it really was, but her private lab was a haven for all things to do with medicine and toxicology. It was a pristine show of steel and glass with the finest tools any medic would be proud to own. The fact it was underground and well insulated also meant that it nulled most noise pretty significantly. A big enough explosion would probably be heard by the neighbors, but screaming? Not likely.

a bit short x.x HEX:#f93973

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 14, 2019 18:47:10 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Hiari gave a slight nod. The woman didn't seem upset by the contact, but then, Himari didn't know why they would have. She didn't exactly understand what Yoko hoped to gain from the names--was it some sort of test for what sort of person Himari was? Judging by the sort of people she spent time with, that was. Was Yoko just trying to get more information about her guest and intended to interrogate the other two in time? Was there another reason? Yoko said she appreciated the details, but why? Was it a good thing? A bad thing? Had Himari unknowingly signed her death waver? She didn't know.
    "I'd be okay with starting now," Himari stated honestly. She didn't have much else she could possibly go over. She needed her limbs to stay attached, needed to survive the session, and couldn't be permanently damaged. That was about it. She couldn't think of anything else. "I'll communicate to you if I think I need to stop," Himari stated. She wasn't an actual prisoner, she was going into this with the intent of pushing herself past her limits. She wouldn't dare allow herself to stop just because it hurt, so for her to actually beg for it to stop... "Likely, the limit would be whenever you feel it best to stop. Or," she paused, musing the thought. "I suppose if I start glowing that might also be a sign to end the session."
    But she doubted that would happen.
    She'd been through quite a bit with Gyūki, and she didn't think she'd accidentally release the hold on him just because she was in pain. At least, she didn't think she would. Part of this practice was to gain that immunity so that she wouldn't accidentally release Gyūki due to pain sensory overload, but to be frank, she doubted it would have happened, anyway. He was locked in there pretty good, and it'd taken her quite a bit of conscious effort to even tap into his ability. It wasn't something she believed she could just... do so easily.

TAG
NOTES

Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 14, 2019 20:16:52 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Himari was ready to begin. Good. Yoko wondered about how the other woman would be "communicating" with her, exactly, in the way of halting their work together. What did she constitute as enough and how would she voice it? People uttered and pleaded and spat all sorts of colorful things when exposed to the right brand of suffering. There was the slight deference in Himari's phrasing, however, that Yoko would be left to judge for herself, albeit without that taking precedence if it seemed the woman was about to go berserk in some fashion. She would glow? What color and how brightly? An interesting tell, that would be. And one Yoko hoped she didn't end up seeing.

"I'll bear that in mind," she said, and would gesture for her guest to follow. "Come. It's this way." Yoko led them back through the archway that led into the entrance hall and at the very end was the set of stairs to the basement. She would leave the sliding door open behind them. It wasn't her intent to make Himari feel trapped in any way, and she was free to leave if she truly felt uncomfortable or unwilling to proceed.

The basement itself could have been best described as "medical chic" in the way Yoko managed to pull off all her own. Steel work tables, shelving, an exam table, bright lighting, a few vital machines, an array of glass and surgical utensils, dozens upon dozens of books upon the shelving of the far wall. There were cases and vials and instruments everywhere one were to look. A small section of the lab toward the back held chilled storage, more books, more tools, and a plethora of cleaning and sterilization supplies and solutions. Amidst all of this were dotted rather cozy pieces of furniture, faux suede and easy enough to keep clean, colored gray and white. There were chairs, a side table, a storage cabinet, and at the heart of the room was the woman's work desk. It was one of the largest things here and had papers stacked up neatly upon one side. There was decor strung about, as well. Nothing obnoxious, just the faint and the floral accents that had been carried over here from the rest of her house. The sub level didn't look nor smell like a typical lab. It was cozy in its details and greeted any who entered with the gentle caress of perfume: today it was rose petals.

"You have your pick on how you'd like to be restrained," Yoko said, walking into the room. It was kept tidy and free of debris, so Himari would be able to walk about and take a look at things, if she wished, without feeling as though she might accidentally disturb the woman's other work. "Half of your body will be restrained, subject to your preferences with movement or position. The operating table has ties. There are chains above you that could secure your wrists if you'd like to stay standing. Or you may sit, and I'll strap you to a chair. I care not what you choose, only that you heed the notion your defensive reflexes are best hindered if you're to get the most from this. If I let you roam about in extreme pain, you're a danger to us both." Yoko didn't want to have to explain this--it seemed so very redundant--but with how Himari had questioned her earlier, she wanted to be sure the woman had a crystal clear understanding of the "why" behind her methods. It would have been different if they'd known each other better. But as acquaintances--at best--she would need Himari partially held down to better guarantee that she caused neither of them any harm with any of the flailing or thrashing she might be inclined to do.

No notes! HEX:#f93973

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 16, 2019 3:25:14 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari followed after the pinkette as the woman lead her through her house, heading toward the entrance area before sliding open a door that lead to the basement. It was now or never. Himari barely hesitated--but she did--and casually went down the steps as if she weren't about to go willfully subject herself to horrific torture. She was certain about this--about what she wanted. But, even still, there was a slight nervousness that crept up along her spine and settled in her limbs. She'd never been formally tortured before. It was certainly a first experience. And even if she didn't have all of the paranoia about being a jinchūriki, about being in a village that wasn't Amegakure, about being in a stranger's home, subjecting herself to the hands of a person she didn't know... It was still a bit odd and unnerving. How willing both parties were for this ordeal.
    Even though Himari knew she had no place to judge, since she literally asked the woman to do it. It was still such... an odd situation.
    Odd, in a way.
    Most--if not all--would think Himari insane for requesting this, and many would probably question Yoko's morality for willingly agreeing to it. But, to the jinchūriki, it was just... odd. A little weird.
    She noticed that Yoko left the sliding door open behind her, and though Himari felt she could probably break through a sliding door, she understood the gesture and appreciated it nonetheless. A nonverbal display to make the ravenette feel safe. Not that Himari ever truly felt safe, but... she was grateful, nonetheless.
    However, for all that she could predict and form guesswork, Himari never could have pictured Yoko's basement to look like...
    This.
    Maybe it was just her perception of how sadistic interrogation-specialization shinobi were, but she'd expected the room to be... Darker. With a flickering light, blood-stained walls and rusty tools piled atop a counter. This was nothing like that. Of course, Yoko was a feminine person, so it shouldn't have been all that shocking that her basement was neat, orderly, and held a more professional vibe to it. But, for Mikazuki, it was shocking.
    Now that she pondered the thought, she wondered how much of her imagination was true, in general. Maybe Yoko's personal torture clinic was organized and pristine, but were other chambers where captives tortured and beaten for interrogation this nice, too? Himari didn't think they would be--it seemed pointless to try scrubbing the blood off the floors with the never-ending list of victims, but maybe she had a wrong perception of these sorts of things entirely.
    After all, she'd never been formally tortured before, so how could she know??
    She'd probably find out one day, though.
    But, it wasn't even just how neat everything was, but how... homey it was, too. Of course, Yoko probably used this lab for all kinds of things, so it only made sense that she decorated the room to feel more comfortable and get more use from it, but it was all so... unexpected to the jinchūriki.
    Yoko spoke up, instructing Himari to take her pick of where and how to be restrained, though it seemed like an odd thing to choose. The jinchūriki had half thought the woman would just throw her in a chair and start injecting her with things without letting her choose at all, and Himari wouldn't really have questioned it. But, her explanation made enough sense, too. Between the two of them, Himari would know better what her reflexes were. And they certainly didn't want either of them to get hurt just because she was thrashing too much.
    Well.
    Unintentionally hurt.
    Himari nodded a little, acknowledging the woman's words, before she walked over to the medical table, examining it for a moment. She liked the idea of being strapped down. Even if she did thrash around too much, her movements would be relatively controlled, which was good. Though... it made her think back to when she'd been first sealed. At the time, she hadn't had any restraints, and she couldn't have prepared for the amount of pain she was about to endure. She'd thrashed around quite a bit at the time and blacked out--completely unaware of her surroundings and what was going on, truly--but after she'd come around it'd become clear to her that she'd nearly broken her skull open by slamming it into the ground where she'd been lying. Technically, something like that could happen again. She was unsure if Yoko's mechanisms would be able to reach Having-A-Bijū-Sealed-Into-You levels, since, supposedly, it was the most painful experience a person could endure, but... Just in case Yoko did manage to attain that... It was better not to risk it.
    She glanced at the chains that hung from the ceiling, and Himari was unsure how she felt about that, too. Even though all restraints did the same thing, the idea of being chained by the wrists just seemed... like she was truly a prisoner of war. It was an unsettling feeling.
    But, as she looked over to the chair, she realized it was much of the same issue with the operating table. If she was consumed by pain and slammed her head against the headboard of the chair, it was possible she could end up doing some serious damage to herself. Of course, while suffering, she could also press her head against the chair as a means of applying pressure to give the illusion of relief to her mind...
    The chances of it doing more harm than good seemed high.
    "I think the chains would be best..." Himari said quietly, walking over to where the restraints were dangling from the ceiling.

TAG
NOTES

Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 16, 2019 16:10:45 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

With the other woman's choice of the chains, Yoko gave a nod. "Very well." Grabbing a small box from within her desk, she would wheel one of her chairs over and then place the box down onto it. A tray and the chair were then moved to the side of the room the chains were suspended from. Next, she retrieved a large scroll easily four feet wide from the back room and hung it upon the wall near the restraints. It remained coiled up for now.

"Let's get you secured, then," she prompted, waiting for the other to join her beneath the chains. Yoko would affix the attached steel cuffs to Himari's wrists. The cuffs themselves were bound tightly but they did have a layer of thick leather surrounding the steel--meaning that while they'd be painful if tugged against, they wouldn't cut into her skin and cause any additional bleeding no matter how much she moved around. With their length from the ceiling and the excess secured to a hook above her, it would be that Himari could dangle from them and swing her feet a few inches off the ground if she pulled herself up about two inches--or just stand flat-footed with her elbows slightly bent. Needless to say while her hands and arms were both rendered null, she could still twist and turn the rest of her body and kick about all she wanted from that spot.

It was now that Yoko pulled the ribbon on the scroll, unfurling it in front of her guest. The scroll was massive and was a giant piece of artwork. It had all manner of colors, brush strokes, shapes, vague outlines, faint imagery of faces and animals and patterns, various kanji scrawled in different styles and hues. It was a chaotic masterpiece of everything one might find visually distracting. Or soothing.

Then, Yoko went to the shelving across the room and lit incense: sandalwood. She did the same at her desk, with that stick being something called "dragon berry," its closest description being a cross between rainwater and syrup with some kind of fruit accent.

The pinkette approached Himari with the chair and the box, revealing now that it was a clean box full of sterile tools--mostly senbon, but there were a few knives and grips in there, as well. On went a pair of latex gloves--pink, of course.

"The accents I've added--the painting and the incense--are distractions you may focus on to dull your acknowledgment of pain. In suffering, people think it's best to look inward for strength, but when your insides hurt that's not always helpful. Distance your attention from your body and you can better remove yourself from fully feeling pain. In the field it might be something like fixating on the shine of your tormentor's wedding ring, or counting the exact number of tiles on the ceiling, or trying to determine the exact composition of someone's perfume. If you can better control your conscious focus, you have a better chance of steeling yourself through different kinds of pain." Yoko picked up one of her senbon and begin twirling it between three of her fingers. "Obviously, focus on the senses other than touch."

Yoko looked the woman up and down before then asking, "Questions or hard limits before we begin?" She was so ready, and this was much preferable to sipping tea on the sofa with one of her books...

No notes! HEX:#f93973

TEMPbyAi ♥

has written 0 posts
Late Night Macabre [Yoko]Nov 25, 2019 23:39:49 GMT -5
Mikazuki Aikawa
Mikazuki Aikawa Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

Himari watched as the woman wheeled out a chair and set down a tray, which displayed the tools and equipment that she would likely be using during their session. Himari watched as the woman also pulled out a scroll among her other belongings and dragged it over into the jinchūriki's view, which caught the ravenette's attention. What was that for? Did she have weapons and other tools sealed inside? Maybe some sort of high-ranking, excruciatingly painful jutsu was sealed away within the page of the scroll, and she was waiting for the opportune moment to unseal it.
    Well, whatever it was, as a fūinjutsu user, herself, Himari was intrigued.
    However, her attention was returned to the situation at hand when Yoko started to secure the jinchūriki to the chains, locking her wrists in the restraints. They were padded with leather, which was a nice touch. Though Himari wasn't sure if broken or cut wrists would really cause significant damage overall. After all, she was about to get to get tortured. An extra cut or scrape wouldn't really matter in the long run, but she supposed it was a nice touch regardless. Instinctively, Himari wanted to pull herself upward once her wrists had been securely locked inside, unsure why--maybe to test how much give she had, maybe just for the sake of it. Maybe it was just to test a new experience. This was her first time being chained up in such a manner, after all. She resisted the urge, but it was still there.
    It was only now that Yoko moved over to the scroll and began to unravel it. Himari watched with intent as the woman pulled it open to reveal... a collection of images? Himari stared, a little confused by what she saw. It looked like a mess of images, some with form, others more or less just squiggles and lines. It was a congregation of chaos. She ignited some incense, too, and Himari wondered if it was for personal preference or not.
    But she explained it soon enough.
    It was... definitely something that made sense. Something that Himari already knew without realizing, even. She'd done something similar, when she'd been sealed.
    Of course, she didn't have the luxury of an illustrated scroll back then. She'd only had her willpower, that was it. And unlike now where Himari knew she'd be okay in the end, back then, she had no idea if she was even going to survive or not. There was absolutely no promise of it.
    Himari frowned, slightly, bowing her head and looking down to the floor. She gently rubbed the toes of her shoe against the ground. "Maybe you could eliminate those distractions," she requested in a soft voice. "If I were actually captured by enemy shinobi, I doubt they'd offer the same luxury. Besides... This isn't the first time I've been tortured." Formally, yes. But, not technically. "I think I can handle it without your assistance. So, thank you for keeping me in mind, but... I'd like the challenge of having it removed."

TAG
NOTES