Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
the types of staff
"with great power comes great responsibility."

General Overview

NFB is an old site with a lot of longstanding expectations, rules, and history.  People are constantly moving in and out of play, which includes members as well as staff.   There are rotations in staff personnel as there is with any sort of hobby or job. 

Staff are selected with a lot of scrutiny, often times what people would consider a ludicrous amount of time and judgement.  We do this for any number of reasons.  Being able to work with the current team, having the respect of members, being able to judge to what we believe a fair standard, and having the capability to handle the job.  Trust is also a major factor.  There was a very large incident in the past in which mass portions of the site were deleted.   Other times, rules were edited to benefit that specific staff member.  These sorts of unfortunate events aren't rare across roleplay sites, but we attempt to keep that at the absolute minimal.

That being said, it can take a good deal to convince us or earn our trust to be able to shift from member to staff.   But sometimes, it's simply a matter of us not realizing there is interest.  This thread is meant to give a brief overview of expectations for various staff members, as well as be a place to have member sign up and/or notify members that they can contact current Staff to let them know they have interest in one or many positions.

Positions may or may not be available at any given time.   Everything is subject to change but this will provide a general idea and guideline.

position Overview

Admin
As I'm sure this will come as no surprise, Admin position is not something that can be given straight off the bat.  Usually taken as a sort of 'pass the torch' sort of thing, one Admin stepping down and choosing who will take their place.  Admin have the capabilities of all the other mods but are generally expected to be the voice of reason or responsibility.  Have things run smoothly.  Know how to pass around duties or take them over themselves in order to have things work as best they can.

Global Moderator  
A position that requires a lot of trust and ability, choosing a Global Moderator is not taken lightly.  It can be a lot of time and stress with how much is demanded of them.  They handle the duties of near every other staff position when they are needed as well as a communication point for members.  Interest can be expressed for this position, but it is one of the hardest ones to gain off the bat.

Advertising
Our advertising mods are in charge of bringing new life blood into the site.  Adverts come in and they're answered accordingly.  A master list is kept of all the sites that have been answered, meaning to be kept updated whenever the mod posts the Link Back.  They're meant to post advertisements on other sites and directories, or recommend directories to the mods/admin.  As well as the obvious Link Backs to those who post to us. 

NPC
These mods are crucial in helping create vast amounts of story.  It can range from something simple and story building to a large and intricate plotline via event or mission set.  NPC mods utilize a variety of characters either from databanks, adoptables, or their own creations to help weave stories for the members.  NPC mods can make roleplaying a more enjoyable experience for those seeking specific interactions they might not be able to get with current PCs.   These mods are often watched for their fairness and good nature.  There's also a certain expectation of fairness and understanding in battling/battle mod procedures.  Generally there will be fights, especially when NPCing missions.   High rank missions requiring tough but fair moderators to give an appropriate challenge without being too soft nor hard.

Lore/Wiki
These mods are in charge of organizing and clarifying all the lore and story information on site.  They work closely with moderators, leaders, and clan heads to make sure things flow with the locations and timeline of the site.  Keeping information organized via the site wiki, adding to it, and keeping important figures and information easily attainable via the wiki and village pages is one of the major projects these mods work on.   But are also ones who locate and organize additional information for pages [clans, villages, etc] as well as input on applications in notify if they are or are not in line with current lore.   While these mods are often background workers, they're ones that need a vast amount of trust from staff, as they have access to all site editing features.

Lists
One of the more thankless jobs on site which requires organization skills as well as staff trust and certainty.  List mods have access to all editing features and threads in order to keep site lists up to date.  Lists include but are not limited to [Faceclaims, Who's Who, Clans, Village Positions, Summon Lists, Jutsu Lists].   One of the major projects the List Mod tends to be in charge of is organizing the site following an Activity Check.   Typically the list mod works closely with staff natsu to make sure things remain consistent.   

Graphics
Besides Admin, the Graphics Mod is given the most access to the site by far requiring they be of the most trusted and top tier individuals we could ever dream of.  Projects often include upkeeping or renewing site skins, new advertisement ads, repairing broken coding/skins, and editing skins and banners.

in conclusion

This is just the general basis of what's expected and used on site.  There can be obvious shifts from person to person and specific guidelines set in place for one reason or another.  The idea of the staff is to work as a team as seamlessly as possible so that the site can function fun and fairly.  

Once again, if you are interested in one or more of the staff positions, you can post here with your interest.  OR you can contact staff individually to throw your name into the discussion pool.   At any given time we may or may not be looking for new additions to the staff team, but having interest allows us to better watch how you handle situations and build a relationship with you that might give us better insight on how you might fit with the team.  

If you ever feel overlooked or ignored after inputting your interest, you are free to ask staff members for ways to improve or hesitations that they may have.  Often the actual answer is that we haven't hosted a complete discussion on choices yet, but asking for insight can be a good way to know what someone might be looking for to better help or ease their own security.   
has written 786 posts
Staff InterestOct 9, 2020 11:34:57 GMT -5
Sourei Zaizen
Sourei Zaizen Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 47 years old birthday 05/04 rank Elite Jōnin occupation Hunter-Nin Captain // SSM
I've read each of the positions carefully and understand that there is a lot involved when choosing new staff members for a site so I understand more than anyone the process of how it goes. Anyway, I want to declare my interest as well. I am comfortable with checking most types of applications and a very versatile so capable of doing lists or a GM's duties. I have a lot of experience that I would love to share with the site and other members of the staff team.
Jian has written 127 posts
Staff InterestOct 9, 2020 11:41:22 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu
As far as I am concerned, I am available to offer help when it comes to Lore/npc threading/events. Mod or not if you peeps need any help I am happy to help y'all. I'd offer for GM too, but in general I just want to help as best I can.
last edit by Yusaku Hyūga on Oct 9, 2020 11:43:24 GMT -5
Nightshade has written 193 posts
Staff InterestApr 8, 2021 15:26:24 GMT -5
Matt
Matt Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
So, I been doing some thinking, and rather than making 48,000 characters with jutsu and equipment to go with them, I thought it might be cool to be an NPC mod. I also have a fair bit of programming experience and could help out with the list side of things if needed. Just thought I'd offer my services, should you folks need a helping hand any time soon.
last edit by Matt on Apr 18, 2021 14:01:52 GMT -5
has written 5 posts

quick reply

compose a reply