---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
V
isiting the clan compound is something Shuka still does with relative frequency, at least when she can find the time between her responsibilities. She has always been a busy woman, and moving up the ranks has only compounded that. The previous leadership left her with several interesting situations to tackle, and this has kept her in the Palace of White Ice of late. She decides that today, she would like to take a brief visit home and see the family.

The clan compound is much the same as it has always been. Not a lot changes in just a short while, so she shouldn't be surprised. Still, there is a simple comfort to visiting old places. As she is walking down the street, just enjoying the quiet cold, she spots Shizuha, who appears to be working at something. She has grown quite quickly. Shuka can still remember when she was just a little infant, crawling about. Can remember when she first started presenting a proficiency in Hyoton. Time seems to scale so quickly when you get older. It's almost like that was yesterday. But now here she is, a genin, trying to train in the skill of battle. She remembers being Shizuha's age, being shipped over to the harsh war fields of Shimogakure, and is glad for the peace Yukigakure currently knows.

"Good morning, Shizuha," Shuka greets, approaching the practicing genin. "Are you working hard on your training?"
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY
has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Dec 7, 2020 14:26:53 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 01/11 rank Adv. Genin occupation 1st Genin Team
Ice is as cold as your heart once you face the fury of me.
It was a good breezy morning in Yukigakure. With the beautiful white snow on the ground sparkling from the reflection of the sun beating down on it. Today was a good day to start training. The white- haired-red-eye girl grabbed her bag and started to head for the gate of the compound before hearing a familiar voice reach out to her. With a self reaction she would turn around to see the Lady of the village in their clan’s compound. "Oh. Grandma Shuka…. I mean. Lady Shuka. What are you doing here?” She paused a moment but eventually responded to her questions. " Yeah, I’m working hard on training. I was actually getting ready to head out to start working on some new techniques.” She paused once more. "What brought you here in the Clan’s domain?” The young Yuki looked with quite a surprised to why the Lady of the village was back home after so long of being gone.

Although she was just about ready the only thing, she needed to do is grab her bag and her jacket from the front deck of the house. On her bag was her headband and most of her combat gear, and under that was her jacket.

Notes go here

Kotori has written 137 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Dec 7, 2020 19:42:31 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
I
t was good to see she was working hard. It was important to become skilled. It would be time for the chuunin exams in no time at all and she would need to be ready for the difficulty of those battles. Any preparation and any advantage at all that could be given was important to develop. The Yuki clan had a unique set of skills that make them tricky to train against, at least those young genin from the other nations. It would give her a natural advantage if she had plenty of Hyoton techniques at her disposal.

"Just because I became the Yuki Lady doesn't mean I am going to stop visiting home," she said. Her guards were nearby enough to come in case of trouble, but such trouble was rare in the icy confines of Yukigakure. "You're all still my family, I have to visit sometimes, don't I?" She asked.

But more to the point, she was interested in what little Shizuha was working on. "What technique were you going to go out and practice?" She asked. "Maybe it's something I will be able to help you with." She was most skilled in genjutsu and ninjutsu, but she knew Shizuha was primarily interested in ninjutsu, so hopefully she would be able to give her some reasonable advice, or even train alongside her. Never hurt to stretch those old muscles.

has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Dec 18, 2020 23:30:33 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Looking up at the Lady, Shizuha would hear her mention about her being able to stop by once in a while to see the family. The young Yuki paused. "I mean I never said you can’t. But don’t you have other important things to do than see us right now? After all you just got appointed as the Lady of the Village.” Shizuha smiles a little but before she was able to hear her respond, she heard another question. "The technique I was working on is an Ice shuriken” She replied hoping that the lady would go back to her question in return for hers.

Before long though Shizuha would grab her bag and put it on. Her headband as always hanging on the side it the bag as she looks at her. "It’s a simple technique. I’ll be glad to have you teach it to me if you know it.” She smiles before walking over to the elder Yuki. "I’ll just have to let my father know that I’m leaving so he doesn’t have to go searching for me.” She laughed a little. It’s not like Shizuha would just run off randomly anyways. She’s usually with someone that will watch over here so nothing bad happens to her. With that though she shouts in the house and say her later before following with the Lady to wherever she has to go for the training.

Notes go here

cut like ice - training [shizuha]Dec 19, 2020 19:05:14 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
S
he waited while Shizuha let her father know she was heading out, glad that the young girl was of a responsible sort and didn't forget. It wouldn't do to stress her poor father out if she ran off. Shizuha had always been a reasonable child, though. Before returning the topic to training, she would answer the question, saying,

"I do have many important things to do. However, it is very important even for adults to take breaks. If you worked every second of the day, you would probably become tired very quickly, yes? There will be days when I am so busy I cannot stop work for even a second. It's important to take the time I do have, even if only for a little while."

Once she was done explaining, she would transfer back to the topic at hand, the idea of training ice shurikens.

"You know, I never actually bothered to go back and study that one," she confessed. "It is a useful technique that I've seen toher Yuki utilize many times, but I was far more focused on genjutsu in my youth and over time it just slipped by me... Still, it is simple. I could probably practice it with you."

Letting young shinobi know that there was still learning to do as you got older was a very important lesson.

Shuka held up a hand and drew moisture from the air, creating one of the icicle daggers commonly used in icicle flock. "It's very similar to guncho tsurara, just with a different crystal formation."

has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Jan 7, 2021 22:34:05 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
After letting her dad know about her leaving, she looked over at the Yuki Lady. It was only a matter of what she had to say but before they was able to get her bag up she heard her mention about how much little time she had and what little she can do something like this. Being the leader of our Village is quite something else that didn’t really catch the eyes of Shizuha. She was alright being a low rank shinobi working under the leader of her village. But for her to do that she had to train a lot and get ready for the Chuunin exams.

After hearing her talk, Shizuha would listen to even more as Shuka would explain how the technique is formed. Just like many other techniques in the clan’s arsenal this one is used by pulling moister out of the air to form ice. In this case an ice shuriken. After watching the Lady perform it. Shizuha gave it a try. Pulling moister in the air to forge what looked like a slate of ice that looked more like an ice donut instead of a shuriken.

"I promise you I’m not hungry.” She laughs a little.

If Lady Shuka remembers anything about Shizuha, it’s that she can get a bit funny at times. "Maybe I’ll try again but first after you.” She gives a big smile.

Notes go here

cut like ice - training [shizuha]Jan 8, 2021 1:22:56 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
W
atching as Shizuha made her attempt at the jutsu, she would take note of the way it looked and what might have gone into her developing the shape incorrectly. If she was just focusing on the circle formation, that would slow her down in discovering how to utilize it. The ring structure was obviously important to the development of the technique, just as it was important to the development of the shape of the hira-shuriken. Still, you had to think about the branching parts as well.

"I think what may be helpful is allowing the ice to form the way it feels naturally inclined. Forcing the cutout in the center will result in a flat shape, or instability. Think of how a snowflake looks."

She pulled the moisture from the air and let it gather in her hand, first forming a center. The ice built off of it, splintering into intricate and delicate edges like it did with the white tree technique, forming the outcrops that built from a regular snowflake. This was too complicated to be a proper weapon, but it was beautiful. Still, it looked more like a shuriken. It was a decent place to start.

"The ice knows what it is doing. You shouldn't try to control its growth entirely. Only guide it to help it fit the shape you need."
has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Jan 8, 2021 17:03:44 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
After a nice laugh from her weird creation of an ice donut, Shizuha went to serious mode as it didn’t seem to be all that funny with Shuka. With a failed attempt it was only the right thing to do to listen to Lady Shuka and what she had to say.

After a brief moment of her explaining what she should try it made more sense. It’s kind of like her creating her swords. Let the ice forge into the sword they want to be not to forces it. With that though she would try again pulling the moister out of the air and start to forge the ice into what looked like flat snow-icicles. Although not a shuriken it was better than the last attempt she did.
Grabbing the snow-ice, Shizuha hold it up and showed it to Shuka. Looking at it almost brought tears to her eyes. Seeing how her mother use to do something like this when she was a little girl. But it didn’t make her get side tracked on what her objective was.

"Looks like I’m figuring it out. Now it’s just only a matter of if I can get it to look more like a shuriken.”
It was at that point she thought about a good way to do this. Why make a ice looking shuriken? Why can’t the snowflake icicles be thrown like a shuriken?

Notes go here

cut like ice - training [shizuha]Jan 8, 2021 18:11:22 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
S
huka examined the flat icicles. They certainly had a sharper edge, and would be much more useful as weapons than the circular shape. Though, that did make her wonder if a flattened circle of ice could be given a sharp edge to act like a rotating saw. That could make quite the deadly weapon if one were to learn how to skate atop it. She had never been one for developing personal techniques, preferring to focus on those that were time-tested and reliable, but it was something she would have to store in her back pocket for another day. Perhaps Shizuha could even develop it for herself, one day.

"You're doing well," Shuka praised, smiling softly at it. What guidance can she offer to help Shizuha understand the underlying idea of the technique better.

"Now form those in connection. You can let it look quite like a regular snowflake," she tried to explain. "Just imagine what that looks like and enlarge it. The moisture you draw from the air should be tempted to develop into that shape much more readily than it would other shapes." It's just scaling up a natural form the water molecules are tempted to take, after all.

"Once you can get one done, you can start working on forming multiple. The technique traditionally uses six, I believe."
has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Mar 28, 2021 19:39:54 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
After listening to granny Shuka, Shizuha took a deep breath. "Come on Shizuha you can do this." She says to herself. The next thing she notice she started to pull the moisture from the hair as she started to craft the ice shuriken. This time it turned into a actual snowflake. With 6 sharp points formed on the icicle she showed it to Shuka before throwing it toward a mound of snow that was in front of her.

The ice shuriken flew well. It looked like a typical shuriken but eventually if you look carefully looks like a snowflake flying through the snowy sky just like all the other snowflakes. "I did it Granny Shuka." She said with an excited voice. It was only a matter of time until she started to control making two of them and so on and so forth. But for now she waited to see what Shuka had to offer her once more before celebrating. "What do you think? You think I can try and do more of them or should I just keep practicing with one for now?" She didn't mind working on one right now but she was really excited to continue with learning this technique at it's full compacity.

Notes go here

last edit by Yuki Shizuha on Mar 28, 2021 19:40:51 GMT -5
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Mar 29, 2021 12:27:06 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
W
ith careful practice, Shizuha was able to form her ice shuriken without too much fuss. That was good. The young lady was a natural when it came to the clan jutsu and formed the icy constructs very well. Seeing her pick up the beginnings of the technique rather quickly was not too surprising. It meant that the two of them could get on with the training and begin to practice with greater amounts faster.

In Shuka's case, she was already beginning to understand the technique quite well. It was similar to many others she already knew, so it wasn't particularly shocking. She should be able to provide Shizuha the guidance she needed to figure out what remained of the technique.

"I believe you can start working on producing several of them at once," Shuka responded. No use making Shizuha wait and continue practicing something she'd already proved she was capable of doing.

"Begin with attempting to form and throw two. Proving you have enough control to maintain the two of them before moving onto the three and then so on will help you work your way up to the complete technique," she explained. "It's like learning how to juggle in a way. Start small and then build up the necessary technique memory to begin adding more."

has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Apr 1, 2021 9:57:14 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
After hearing Shuka tell her to go ahead and work on the technique with another ice shuriken she gave off a nod. Like she said this will test her skills with control over her chakra. Although this technique doesn’t seem to be so challenging, but making multiple of shurikens at once is something she’ll have to practice over time. Her goal is to at least make 3 to 4 with no to little issue anymore than that might be a struggle until she can get use to it.

With that being said Shizuha would step back a little before gathering moisture in the air as she started to forge the shuriken with great amount of chakra. It was enough to make the shuriken’s but with barely any control she wasn’t sure if it was strong enough to really be thrown without it falling apart at a certain speed. With it though she decided to test it out, throwing both of the shukirens into a direction where a mound of snow was from the last one she threw. Although it made it through there. It looked like it broke and chipped away while flying through the air.

"Well I manage to make them. The durability wasn’t strong enough to keep both of them from not breaking and chipping away from when I throw them. This is a little tougher than I thought trying to balance between the two of them to make sure they’re strong enough to fly through the area.” The nice thing is, she knows what the issue is. Now she just need to find a way to fix it. But for now she would wait to see what Shuka had to tell her maybe she was able to give her some advice.

Notes go here

cut like ice - training [shizuha]Apr 2, 2021 18:42:21 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
A
nother common issue with younger shinobi learning how to balance and control their new techniques. She was fairly certain that plenty of young elemental users struggled with those things for one reason or another. Genin might have mastery over an element or two, but it took a lot of time and effort to reach that point. Shizuha was incredibly skilled with Hyoton, so it was just a matter of concentrating and focusing on her chakra.

"Try not to rush yourself too much. While you are learning, it is very easy to become eager and want to throw out attempt after attempt at a technique. It is alright to slow down and allow yourself to feel the process of putting your chakra into the technique. We are in no rush here."

She held her hand up and said, "Feel the ice in your chakra core. In your stomach. Take a slow inhale and then on the exhale, bring it up into your hand. Concentrate it there. It is tempting to go sparse, but it is often the case that you will actually need more chakra than you're tempted to use. It's the same as throwing a weapon. You have to put force into it to get the desired effect. Create the technique and imagine in your mind the firmness of an icicle. When you are sure you have the solidness you like, then throw it."
has written 436 posts
cut like ice - training [shizuha]Apr 2, 2021 20:05:51 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Listening to Granny Shuka was inspirational. The fact that she explains a good way to perform this technique was something that might help Shizuha to perform it properly. With that though she would nod her head acknowledging what she said.

Closing her eyes, she would focus on the chakra building up into her body as it rushes through all the gates. Building up the chakra into her stomach she felt the amount of chakra needed to perform the technique. Pushing it to her hands creating and forming the ice shurikens as the moisture in the air started to freeze and create three sturdy shurikens. Opening her eyes, she was there holding the three perfectly made shurikens. She looked up at the Lady with quite surprised. "I wasn’t expecting to make an extra one.” She said before attempting to throw the projectiles at the snowy mound where all the other ones ended up.

"It felt like I just pushed through a snowball through a small hole and had to use some force.” She wasn’t quite sure where she was going at with that, but she figured that Granny Shuka would understand it. "Is that what you were talking about with pushing the chakra out to get a good amount to perform the technique?”

Notes go here

cut like ice - training [shizuha]Apr 3, 2021 16:03:12 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
P
ushing a snowball through a small hole. That was an amusing way to look at it. She thought that she understood Shizuha's meaning, though. Pushing the icy chakra out through a tenketsu, it could feel like compacting snow. She remembered playing with snow as a child, before she knew of her powers. She would expend effort shaping the snow into interesting forms. Maybe it was a bit like that. Chakra was just another way of molding the natural world.

"I understand your meaning. When you exert chakra, it can sometimes feel like that. It means you measured the amount of chakra you needed quite well, I feel," she informed Shizuha. "You even managed to produce more of those than you thought you were going to be able to." It showed significant development in understanding the technique. Now that she knew the physical and spiritual process of summoning the necessary chakra to create these forms, she would probably be well able to put the technique to proper use. Time to direct her to do so.

Shuka created the suit of shurikens in her hand as well and flicked them off into the snow.

"I believe you're ready to create all of them now. Go ahead and demonstrate your understanding to me."

has written 436 posts