Catch that GOKA! [Event]

compose a reply
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 7, 2021 11:36:16 GMT -5
Asa
"I do not fear the cold.”
Asa Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday January 21st rank occupation
Asa was content to keep her post. If this was the plan she was given, it was the plan she was going to follow. Asa was never the type to question orders unless forced to by circumstance. For the time being, it seemed that nobody was acting suspicious. However, that did not mean that Asa was going to slack on her vigilance. 

She was still getting used to this new eye, and the strange powers and limitations it brought. When it was active, it was overwhelming: her brain was still unused to being able to see all which the demon eye of ice was able to see. Still, it was required that she practice with it, lest she never learn. She needed to adapt, the way a fox does in the den of its prey. And she truly was in the den of... something. 

Her prey could already have been there, for all she knew. 

She quickly crossed her hands in front of her. Monkey, to flow the chakra, and Dragon, to release it. In her milky white eye the diamond seal opened with a flare of the character ya, 矢, a glowing arrow for just a moment, and her new eye was active, and she was seeing through walls, through people, all strange and magical. 

Once she was content with her observations, she performed the hand seals again, and sealed the eye once more. 

Jutsu Used:
Byakugan Fuuin [White Eye Seal]

Achilles/Thetis has written 115 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 7, 2021 20:16:03 GMT -5
Yuki Hakurei
What's cooler than cool?
Yuki Hakurei Avatar
groupnull
age 38 years old birthday Dec 23 rank Jounin occupation Head Instructor
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yellsub"]

[attr="class","yellsubimg"]

[attr="class","yellsubarrow"]

[attr="class","yellsubright"]
[attr="class","yellsubtop"]
[attr="class","yellsubtop2"]

Catch GOKA!,
[attr="class","yellsubtop4"][break]

for snow buddies
[attr="class","yellsubtop3"][break][break]

Hakurei finished looking through the files and looked up at the owner. He didn’t notice anything in the files that really stood out to him but the owner mentioned an employee named Endo had been acting strange lately. So, that’s a lead we can follow. He looked up Endo’s address that was listed on the paperwork. They should really check out his residence and just make sure there wasn’t anything weird going on there. [break][break]

It also occurred to Hakurei that he knew very little about the owner and it didn’t seem likely that he would keep a file on himself. This guy’s pretty forthcoming. He could be the GOKA trying to send us on a wild goose chase... Unfortunately, there was no way for Hakurei to break a henge aside from punching the guy and that would probably be frowned upon. There was someone in their group that might be able to see through it though. "Thank you.” He responded, "We’ll look into that.” [break][break]

Hakurei walked out of the room and immediately formed the hand signs for a shadow clone jutsu. Three clones of the Hakureiji combination appeared around him, splitting his chakra evenly. It was more than he would usually do but he figured it would be fine since he now had access to Reiji’s chakra as well. The first clone went to find Asa and ask her to check out the owner with her Byakugan. The second clone set off at a full sprint towards Endo-san’s residence to investigate. The third clone headed for the back door to check on Hinata. And Hakurei himself would attempt to locate the diplomat. [break][break]

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
[googlefont=Abril Fatface]
[newclass=.yellsub]width:475px;border-left:solid 10px #444444;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubarrow]height:0px;width:0px;position:absolute;border-left:solid 10px #f5f5f5;border-top:solid 12px transparent;border-bottom:solid 12px transparent;margin-top:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubright]border-right:solid 30px #f5f5f5;padding:27px 35px;background-color:#ffffff;font:12px Inconsolata;color:#555555;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop]border-bottom:solid 1px #f5f5f5;font:12px Inconsolata;padding-bottom:25px;margin-bottom:25px;color:#555555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop2]float:left;font:35px Abril Fatface;line-height:25px;color:#999999;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop4]text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;padding-top:16px;padding-bottom:9px;color:#555555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop4 a]font:12px Inconsolata;color:#66bbdd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubright b]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#66bbdd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubright i]color:#66bbdd;[/newclass]
last edit by Yuki Hakurei on Mar 7, 2021 20:27:29 GMT -5
Thalia has written 94 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 7, 2021 21:27:37 GMT -5
Reiji Nue
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Reiji Nue Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 16/06 rank Chuunin occupation Medic Corps

NOTES ❯ Notes here (max 1 line)
HEX ❯ #3f85a3
TAGS ❯ Tags here (spans 2 lines)
Reiji Nue

Reiji wasn't able to help in the first moments of their fusion, as the little nue was busy slowly spreading his presence further and further within Hakurei's body. He could safely say that he felt safe now that he was once again with someone much more capable at defending him than he himself. He also couldn't deny the fact that he was enjoying it a great deal. Hakurei's company was something he had grown quite fond of. Probably because the old Yuki didn't treat him like some sort of freak of nature like everyone else.

"Hey, I-I was thinking..." Reiji mumbled inside the Yuki's head. With the whole spleen thing happening, he had done quite alot of practice in communicating with his host. Speaking of which, the new spleen seemed to be working great, though as per usual he would still work on replacing any damaged cell with one of his own, effectively Halting Hakurei's aging. Perhaps he could use his time fused to develop new techniques that could benefit the host. Perhaps find a way to revert their aging and keep their bodies locked in their prime. That was not the time though, Hakureiji had a mission to get done.

"...Next time we speak w-with someone, pay close attention to their eyes, hands and head. U-unless you w-want me to take over for you like you said." Reiji would chime. He never really controlled his host body before outside of some pretty limited movement. He didn't want to seem any more parasitic than he already looked like, latched onto someone's organs. "I think I can use my medical studies to spot weird involutary movements or tics while they speak. I-it could help us interrogate people and press them for clues. Our opponent might be trained to be an infiltrator, but no one is 100% stress proof. If we can percieve something off, w-we might be able to draw out more info or catch our guy off guard..." 

JUTSU USED

NAME: Keitai Shintō [Cellular Permeation]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
An advanced version of Parasitic Connection, this technique is more or less the same as the lesser version with a single glaring difference. Specifically the speed at which the Nue clan member is capable of merging into and out of a host body. While the Parasitic Connection technique might take as much as five minutes to fully merge, the Cellular Permeation is capable of merging the Nue with a host fully within seconds. Due to this key difference it makes the Nue able to merge even in the middle of a battle and opens up the use of some Nue techniques and abilities to be used offensively against their opponents.

NAME: Chakra dōki [Chakra Synchrony]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: None
REQUIREMENTS: Medical Training, Cellular Permeation
DESCRIPTION:
The techniques temporarily and partially merges the user's and host's chakra networks, allowing both to freely draw chakra from eachother's chakra pools without issue. Considering the delicate procedure needed for this to happen, the technique usually requires one rotation as well as uninterrupted focus to be correctly executed.

(note that the host cannot mould or use charka while undergoing the merging process)

Ryo has written 37 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 7, 2021 23:10:48 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 12th, 1003 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2

Hinata almost stumbled away from the door when someone came in hurriedly, rushing into the back door almost disappearing but Hinata acted on, what one could say was a snap judgment. He wasn't really very good at this sort of thing, or he was convinced that he wasn't very good. But, he had to act, it would probably reflect on his ability to make judgments quickly. He would step in front of the door before the man could step in.

"S-Sorry," Hinata apologized immediately, coughing awkwardly. His stomach tightening, and he gave the man a bow and a weary smile. "I'm not trying... Well..." He was a bit nervous, perhaps this would lower the man's guard? That he too was a bit confused and lost in the world.

"Are you Endo-san?" He would wait for an answer, and if the man got more nervous from being asked, if he was in fact Endo-san. Hinata would add on, hoping to not make the man even more nervous by being odd or awkward. He needed to disperse some of his awkward tense energy.

"Oh! Sorry, uh.. Endo-san I'm a huge fan. You're a chef, right? I just... I was hoping to get an autograph and get to know more about you."
209 | @tagged | notes
ulla
Han has written 153 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 8, 2021 18:11:49 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Catch That GOKA!
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
Inside Hakurei's head, Reiji provided guidance on the subject of how to spot someone who was acting strangely. It was his recommendation that the two of them could point out small nervous responses to help with interrogation and capture. With that advice under his belt, the two were better ready to watch out for the diplomat's wellbeing. Hakurei returned to the main restaurant and approached the meeting room where the diplomat was having his meeting. From the sound of voices still within, it seemed as though all was well, and they hadn't yet been interrupted.

Hakurei additionally sent out clones. As luck would have it, the first arrived to Asa just as she was utilizing her Byakugan. Using that interesting resource, she had been able to check out the majority of the restaurant and its surroundings. The chefs in the kitchen were hard at work, and no one was prowling around out front or outside the diplomat's window. If she observed the owner, as Hakurei asked, she would note that he just returned to his usual work. The only strange thing she saw was that Hinata, out back, had one of the chefs blocked. It seemed like he was interrupting the man's attempt to enter.

The next clone approached that scene, hearing the conversation travel as he got close. Hakurei could continue to listen, or attempt to step in if he chose.

As Hinata stepped in front of the chef, he gave the young man a curious look, scrunching his brow and tilting his head. "A fan? Ah, kid, I'm going to be late," he complained mildly, waving a dismissive hand. "I've already come in late several times this week... Do you want to be a chef or something? I can sign an autograph, but..." He pats down his pockets and pulls out a small notebook and pen. "I've never met a kid who wants an autograph from a chef before. You're a weird guy, you know."

He wrote down his signature, the name Endo Youta. So this was Endo-san.

"There. Can I go in? Or you said you had questions?"

The final of Hakurei's clones made his way towards the home of Endo. It was a small flat which appeared dark, as if no one was home. He could knock if he wanted, but would get no response. Would he simply leave, or break into the establishment?

Posts Due By: 3/10/2021, 10:00 P.M. CST

has written 436 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 9, 2021 9:41:26 GMT -5
Asa
Asa Avatar
groupnull
Seeing through walls, and through people as well... The white eye of the tundra was a terrifying resource indeed. She did not keep it active for long, as Lady Shuka had warned her about using the eye's power for too long. It could drain the body of chakra the way a bucket does water when it has a hole in the bottom of it. 

The Yuki Hakurei standing before her seemed... off, in a way she couldn't put her finger on, after seeing him through the Byakugan's lens. She was unsure what that meant, however. It was clearly still him. The Byakugan would show if it was a disguise, and the people of the tribe of Yuki were skilled in all sorts of strange magics. 

"It would appear that your target has returned to his usual duties," Asa said, to give Yuki Hakurei her report. Her voice was low enough so other patrons would not hear her so clearly, but she was not whispering. Whispering in a crowded restaurant was sure to elicit more stares than she was already getting. 

"Yuki Hinata has stopped someone at the back," She added. "Perhaps that could be our intended target. What do you advise?"

He was the leader of their impromptu team, after all. 
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 9, 2021 21:58:35 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

"Haha, yeah.. A-A little weird," Hinata hesitated. He was hoping that he was playing the role of a very awkward kid well, perhaps it wasn't the best role but his own nervous energy was probably transferring appropriately into this situation. Either way, he gave a very meek smile at the man who handed him the autograph, he tried to act excited or at least in a subdued way as he rocked back and forth between his toes and heels momentarily and then carefully tucking the signature away into his coat pocket.

"Thank you!" He would exhale gleefully, or once again, at least try to do so.

"Yes, qu-questions! Um... Well, you look tired. I was wondering if it's hard being a chef, ya know? Like, one day I hope to be a chef but I really want to make sure I have a healthy relationship with work. Does anything bother you, about the job or people treat you different at all?" He was trying to jump around the topic of exhaustion, in a really odd and subtle way. But, he also was standing directly in the door way so it wasn't as if Endo could really move past him. Hopefully, he didn't think anything of it and would just answer his question and maybe reveal a little bit as well.
220 | @tagged | notes
ulla
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 9, 2021 22:48:12 GMT -5
Yuki Hakurei
What's cooler than cool?
Yuki Hakurei Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yellsub"]

Catch GOKA!
[attr="class","yellsubtop4"]

for @tag

Eyes… Hands… Got it. Hakurei thought to Reiji. He would have to remember to pay special attention to these things so his passenger could see them. He trusted Reiji to know when to take over and when to stay out of the way. They both knew he had quicker reflexes in battle and he had a lot more experience as a leader. His instincts on certain things shouldn’t be ignored but he also didn’t mind Reiji taking the lead if he felt comfortable doing so. [break][break]

Hakurei kept guard at the door to the diplomat’s room, folding his arms and looking as intimidating as possible as he scanned the area for anything that could be a threat. He was curious what they were talking about in there but he knew he wouldn’t be allowed to get closer.[break][break]

Hakurei’s clone nodded to Asa, "Thanks for checking.” So there wasn’t anything suspicious about the owner. That was good to know. Although, he wasn’t ready to rule the guy out entirely. "Just stay by the front for now. I’ve got a clone that can back up Hinata, if he needs it.” This clone vanished in a puff of smoke as soon as he finished talking to the chunin who he found extremely efficient for a guard. [break][break]

His other clone stopped just inside the back door and listened in on the conversation. The kid was a natural. Hakurei decided to back off and let his nephew do his thing. Besides, his stomach was rumbling from hunger and the smell from the kitchen was pretty distracting. Hakurei’s clone would cast a simple transformation technique to look like one of the waiters he’d seen headed out towards a table and wander into the kitchen. "Is the food ready for the meeting room yet?” He asked. "They’re getting impatient.” [break][break]

It seemed like no one was home; not a big shock since the owner of the residence was supposed to be at work. Hakurei would stroll casually around the premises looking for any signs of forced entry. He’d wait until the coast was clear to force open the window or door- whatever it took to get inside the place. Hey Reiji. The clone of Hakurei smirked as he communicated with Reiji’s clone. I hope you don’t mind breaking and entering.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Inconsolata]
[newclass=.yellsub]width:475px;border-left:solid 10px #444444;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubarrow]height:0px;width:0px;position:absolute;border-left:solid 10px #f5f5f5;border-top:solid 12px transparent;border-bottom:solid 12px transparent;margin-top:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubright]border-right:solid 30px #f5f5f5;padding:27px 35px;background-color:#ffffff;font:12px Inconsolata;color:#555555;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop]border-bottom:solid 1px #f5f5f5;font:12px Inconsolata;padding-bottom:25px;margin-bottom:25px;color:#555555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop2]float:left;font:35px Abril Fatface;line-height:25px;color:#999999;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop4]text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;padding-top:16px;padding-bottom:9px;color:#555555;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yellsubtop4 a]font:12px Inconsolata;color:#66bbdd!important;[/newclass]
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 10, 2021 16:14:23 GMT -5
Reiji Nue
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Reiji Nue Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 16/06 rank Chuunin occupation Medic Corps

NOTES ❯ Notes here (max 1 line)
HEX ❯ #3f85a3
TAGS ❯ Tags here (spans 2 lines)
Reiji Nue

Reiji would keep quiet and focused on just making sure Hakurei's body would remain in tip top shape, before coming with an idea of his own to help him being menacing.

"I'm going to borrow your hands again." Reiji mumbled as he had his host weave more unknown signs. He would begin signaling his cells dispersed in Hakurai's muscle tissue to begin stimulating rapid growth.

"I hope you don't mind a little help..." Reiji would inform the other shinobi of the impending change to their body. "Your clothes might start feeling a little tight soon. I hope you don't mind getting strong."

JUTSU USED

NAME: Keitai Shintō [Cellular Permeation]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
An advanced version of Parasitic Connection, this technique is more or less the same as the lesser version with a single glaring difference. Specifically the speed at which the Nue clan member is capable of merging into and out of a host body. While the Parasitic Connection technique might take as much as five minutes to fully merge, the Cellular Permeation is capable of merging the Nue with a host fully within seconds. Due to this key difference it makes the Nue able to merge even in the middle of a battle and opens up the use of some Nue techniques and abilities to be used offensively against their opponents.

NAME: Kin'niku seichō shigeki [Muscle Growth Stimulation]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Continuous]

HANDSEALS: None

REQUIREMENTS: Enhanced Chakra Control, Medical Training

DESCRIPTION:

This technique allows a Nue to stimulate production of excess muscle mass inside their bodies, effectively increasing the strenght and bulk with time. If used in conjunction with Cellular Permeation techniques, it allows the user to increase the host's muscle mass over a relatively long period of time. The first benefits would start appearing two rotations after the technique has been actively channelled, with continuous use of the technique able to further snowball the effects from a mild increase in strenght to a significant increase.

While the chakra cost is low, the technique requires constant focus as to make sure growth rate is constent and won't spiral out of control. Since the jutsu draws nutrients from the body to create more cells, the technique also has a limit to the growth it can provide, with overextertion easily causing fatigue. Interrupting or stopping the jutsu would stop growth and cause the excess muscle to slowly deteriorate back to normal in the following two to three rotations.

Ryo has written 37 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 10, 2021 23:32:58 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Catch That GOKA!
In a puff of smoke, Yuki Hakurei disappeared from in front of Asa. That drew a couple looks from the patrons, who raised their brows and muttered with each other, but otherwise seemed content to continue with their conversations. Would Asa be happy to remain here and continue waiting for something to happen, or would she like to explore and broaden her horizons slightly? Hakurei had spoken of another clone available to lend aid to Hinata, but that didn't mean she was required to sit still if she didn't want to.

In the kitchen, Hakurei transformed into a waiter and ducked into the back to speak with the chefs. Though some seemed hard at work, they others were still standing around gossiping, and jumped back to work when they watched him come in.

"It should be done soon," one of the more important chefs answered. "We're having some trouble, you know, since Endo-san isn't here yet. He's the expert at making one of the dishes they ordered, so we take longer than he does." It seemed like if Endo-san had been selected as the disguise, it had been because he was a pretty respected chef in the kitchen and would've been responsible for preparing a lot of the food. Lots of good opportunities to use poison.

Out back, Hinata's conversation with Endo continued.

"Being a chef is really busy work," he answered. "It's hot and you're constantly moving. Clients are picky and think they know more about making the meals than you. They'll send things back and get frustrated. It's fulfilling work, but you have to have a strong will for it," he answered. He shifted stances, seeming to get a bit impatient. Hinata got a sudden nervous feeling, like maybe he should tread carefully on how much longer he held this man up. A member of GOKA could pretty soundly knock him out without anyone noticing, especially out back alone like this.

The last of Hakurei's clones looked for signs of forced entry. There was no broken glass or any signs of struggle, but, interestingly, when Hakurei tried the window, it was already unlocked. He was able to slip inside the home quietly and easily and look around. If he explored as far as the bedrooms, he would find Endo, unconscious and snoring in his bed.

All the while, Reiji's many clones would help to pump Hakurei up, preparing him for the combat that was sure to come very soon.

Posts Due By: 3/12/2021, 10:00 P.M. CST

has written 436 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 11, 2021 10:09:56 GMT -5
Asa
Asa Avatar
groupnull
When the clone vanished in front of her, Asa was unfazed. So that explained it. Yuki Hakurei was using an application of the Clone Technique that Asa did not understand, but she could follow the general idea of it. Her own clones could not talk that easily, or be solid enough to show up under the White Eye of the Ice. She was not a magician. 

She was told to stay put, so she would. Yuki Hakurei was the senior shinobi here, and Asa was realizing more and more that this was less a test of her own abilities than it was of Yuki Hakurei and the rest of the group's. Asa was already a GOKA. She understood how to manuever around an assailant. She understood stealth and how to infiltrate. She did not often need to use those skills, but she was well trained. Perhaps the other three -Yuki Hakurei, Yuki Hinata and Nue Reiji- were not.

Still, she knew Yuki Hinata, and knew that he was not an experienced shinobi. He was a student of the Academy. She was curious what skills he would have, for someone so tall to be at the Academy. What had he been learning in his years outside of it? 

She was GOKA. They were skilled in acquiring information. 

She crossed her hands over her eye, and the seal awoke once more, allowing her to watch the two people talking across the building. All she'd need was to see their heads move to follow their conversation.

Jutsu Used:
White Eye Seal: Byakugan Active

NAME: Dokusho [Reading]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
REQUIREMENT: ANBU or Equivalent
DESCRIPTION:
For as far as the shinobi can see, this jutsu allows an ANBU operative to read lips. This technique allows the user to understand speech by visually interpreting the movements of the lips, face and tongue when normal sound is not available. This rare skill proves helpful when they cannot get too close to their targets and need to retrieve important information.

Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 11, 2021 11:05:54 GMT -5
Yuki Hinata
"At what cost?"
Yuki Hinata Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Hinata looked down at the autograph as the man spoke, appearing to admire it as he was given an explanation of what it was like to be a chef. His heart was racing though, he was a bit nervous that he might mess it up.

"A strong.. will... Right.. Well, thanks!" He would give the man a short little bow and then step aside to allow him to move through the back door and into work. There was no point in keeping him here, but he did have information. That was in fact, Endo, though he did not get much information in what he had pried for. It had been worth a shot, but he knew not to overstay his welcome and raise suspicion. Instead, once Endo disappeared into the restaurant, Hinata would hop to the roof and hang on the roof of the restaurant, still keeping an eye over the back door, but being on the roof would give him a better idea if anyone was watching or around outside of just himself and his partners. He had a feeling that someone would eventually come to get him. He wasn't yet very good at taking his own initiative quite yet, having grown used to simply obeying orders.
208 | @tagged | notes
ulla
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 12, 2021 21:15:47 GMT -5
Yuki Hakurei
What's cooler than cool?
Yuki Hakurei Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]

[attr="class","yellsub"]

Catch GOKA!,
[attr="class","yellsubtop4"]

for @tag

Hakurei’s clone took one look at the unconscious man in the bedroom and disappeared, the chakra he was made from and the knowledge they’d acquired rushing back to the original in an instant. The clone who had been posing as a waiter made his way towards Hakureiji standing guard at the door, "Hey, that Endo guy-”[break][break]

"I know.” Hakurei responded as he rushed by. "Guard the door in case we’re wrong.” The newly buffed Jounin sprinted to the back door where Asa had last reported seeing Hinata delaying Endo-san. He used another henge to take the appearance of the owner and waited just inside the back door. Hopefully, the GOKA would think he was about to be scolded by his boss for showing up late and get caught with his guard down. [break][break]

Hakurei readied his fist for a quick jab to the nose as soon as the man walked through the door. He was sure they’d found their man. If Reiji disagreed he could always take over their body to stop him.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Inconsolata]
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 14, 2021 1:39:10 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Catch That GOKA!
As Asa activated her byakugan for the second time, she watched an interesting scene unfold before her. Outside, the conversation between Hinata and "Endo" ended, Hinata stepping aside to let the man in. At the same time, Hakurei made his way across the restaurant at as quick a pace as possible. As soon as the man who had been speaking to Hinata entered the building, Hakurei punched him in the face, sending him stumbling back. Seemed as though Hakurei had acquired a target.

Hinata, from his watchful position on the roof, heard a rise of voices inside. All the other chefs made a noise of surprise, followed by a thud as, presumably, Endo thumped back against the door. He didn't fall backwards and land back outside, but Hinata could surmise that some form of combat might have just been initiated. Without any way to see inside, he could either wait up here to see what happened, or he could attempt to jump in and join.

Hakurei punched Endo in the face, sending him stumbling back into the door. The other chefs raised their voices in confusion and concern, but didn't attempt to intervene. The man didn't transform back, at least not instantly, looking up at Hakurei in surprise and fear. Hakurei had a moment of concern. Had he been wrong?

Then the man spoke. A very odd sentence.

"I'm taking off," he told Hakurei. In a quick movement, he dashed past Hakurei. If he turned to pursue, he would suddenly find himself blocked by people. The other chefs and waiters in the kitchen getting in his way, all going about their regular work. Had the kitchen been this busy a second ago? Why were they all going about their jobs as if this wasn't important?

Asa watched as the person spoke, able to read his lips. Afterwards, it seemed he was able to slip past Hakurei. Asa wasn't especially familiar with genjutsu, but she knew something odd must've happened.

Jutsu used:
NAME: Patto Isogashii?! [Suddenly Busy?!]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low (Very Low Continuous)
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 4
TRIGGER: Auditory: "I'm taking off!"
DESCRIPTION:
This Genjutsu is enacted by the user walking speaking the aforementioned phrase, and then quite literally beginning to run. Best used while in pursuit, the Genjutsu begins to have people piling into the streets, reasonably so, but to the point that quickly enough, the target finds issue with trying to keep up with the person. Even if they take to rooftops, they will still manage to find 'random' civilians popping up to do labour work. This technique does have its limits, as people's appearances repeat themselves and the mind cannot be tricked if the landscape does not allow for it. This only affects the senses of sight and sound: if they actually touch the people, they will "phase" through them much like the Bunshin technique.

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

Posts Due By: 3/16/2021, 12:00 A.M. CST

has written 436 posts
Catch that GOKA! [Event]Mar 14, 2021 12:05:10 GMT -5
Asa
Asa Avatar
groupnull
Ah, so the fox has emerged from its' den, revealing itself at last. How would the fox deal with being hunted by a bear? Asa kept her odd eye active, and kept a bead on her target. Finally, it was her time to shine. Tracking her prey, before putting them down was what she was trained to do. It was what all of these years of study and hardship had honed her into. She wouldn't let them get away. 

They might be fast, but Asa was just as fast, and surprisingly quiet. She was trained in the art of Silent Killing, and therefore never let her footsteps echo across the floor when she could manage it. Would her target know she was coming? She was not sure, but she anticipated that after slipping past both Yuki Hakurei and Yuki Hinata, they would be overconfident and riding the high of success. This was what Asa hoped to capitalize on. 

She was on her feet in a moment, rushing through the establishment to intercept the imposter. Time was of the essence, and therefore she could not be bothered to care about causing a scene. If someone was going to die, it would not be because she delayed for politeness. 

Relevant SA's
『Caribou Runner | Enhanced Speed』
Chasing after herds of caribou and other tundra animals to survive has taught Asa one important lesson: to be fast is to survive. She is much faster than the average ninja of her rank.

『Silent Killing』
As part of her appointment to Yukigakure’s GOKA, Asa has been trained in the arts of stealth and assassination, ensuring that she is difficult to detect as she sneaks up on her unwary targets.