compose a reply
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 5, 2021 17:41:45 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you
The day was young, the sun barely crested over the horizon to provide light to the lands yet while many were just stirring or still sleeping one was patiently waiting at the village gates. The dark circles around his eyes hinted at a severe lack of sleep but it was something the young man had been accustomed to and this past night had been little different. No matter, his mind was sharp and handling the stressors of the upcoming mission would not be an issue; hopefully the other two would be a little more well rested.

Shikajin had been tasked with leading a couple of genin to handle an aggressive pack of wolves that was terrorizing civilians. Isolated incidents weren't uncommon, especially in the outlying areas away from major population centers, but when the attacks began to include loss of life the issue couldn't be ignored anymore. In his duties as caretaker of the deer in the forests around Konoha the chunin had crossed paths with the predators before so he knew what to look for in terms of tracking, though admittedly he had never dealt with the type that were focused on anything other than woodland creatures.

He hoped the two genin wouldn't be too much longer as the trio had a decent journey ahead of them and time was of the essence.

@three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 5, 2021 18:31:05 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team

Early morning
257 words

The sun barely appeared in the skies and Shigure was already up and ready for his new mission. Apparently some wolves were giving merchants a hard time reaching the Hidden Leaf, and some of them were reported missing, which probably meant they were killed by the creatures. That was bad, but nothing they couldn't take care of. The Hyuuga was looking forward providing aid to these people, but he was also looking forward working alongside a Chuunin. Reaching that rank was an old goal of his, and he had already failed the exam twice, but he was adamant about improving as a Shinobi and learning from his superiors.

He had a good night of sleep and felt quite well-rested and aware. Quickly making his way through the roofs of the buildings, he used that as a shortcut to reach the gathering point for their team, and upon approaching, he noticed the Chuunin in the distance. As he got closer, Shigure couldn't help but to notice that the man looked like he hadn't slept in days, and that was a bit concerning. Of course he didn't doubt his skill, but your mental state and fatigue play a crucial role in battle. "I will keep my eyes open, and try to provide the best assistance I can... Maybe he is being overworked, so I will try to take on the bulk of this mission's burden..." he thought to himself.

With a polite bow, he greeted his superior by showing proper manners. "Hyuuga Shigure reporting for duty!" he said.

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 9, 2021 10:32:52 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
Wake up early was not a problem to Wahei, probably because he spent most time of his life floating in a tube of glass filled with water, sometimes awake, sometimes sleeping, barely aware of the surroundings. His new life was certainly most exciting now as a ninja of Konoha. He was notified of the mission scope and he prepared everything in the most methodical way possible to arrive at the encounter in right time - not too much early, but never late. He was though very excited with the opportunity to get back into action specially when he realized that Shigure would also be part of the squad. He hold himself to not jump right into the team comrade because of the manners - he could listen to Doc. Kazuhira voice yelling at him for almost forget the good manners. So he saluted the Chunin with a very wide smile but a respectful semblance - Good morning, senpai! - and only afterwards he get close to Shigure and said - And morning for you too, 'boss' - he extended his fist asking for a "bro fist" move - he have heard that people do this in a cool way to express friendship feelings. He wasn't very good in "being cool" though. Anyway Wahei give the nickname of 'boss' to Shigure because he truly believed that he was in a position of leadership - in his mind - and giving other nicknames was another way to show that he cares - of couse that was also something he heard of.

MissingNo has written 491 posts
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 9, 2021 18:59:05 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Thankfully it wasn't much of a wait until the two genin showed up, one a Hyuga and the other... well, clan-less Shikajin supposed. The dossier between the two youth was starkly different with Shigure's full of information compared to Wahei's which was damn near the bare minimum. It was a bit strange but the chunin trusted that the village knew what they were doing when they put together the squad for this mission and so long as the three of them were competent enough a lack of personal details wouldn't be an issue.

"Good morning to the both of you. My name is Nara Shikajin and I'll be leading our mission today. We'll be heading south of the village to take care of a pack of wolves that have started attacking people as of late. Their numbers aren't exactly known but keep in mind that no matter how many you see in front of you there will definitely be more that you can't." The chunin would speak before giving the two a moment to process the information and ask any questions. Once that was settled Shikajin would lead the group to the southern exit of the village where they would begin their trek.

"From this point onward the mission has begun. We don't need to rush there but any lolly gagging puts people's lives at risk." The pace wasn't frantic, perhaps slightly heightened, but from the intel reported most of the attacks happened closer to sunset when their targets would have the toughest time spotting them until it was too late. That would give the squad plenty of time to do some investigating and tracking of their own, and if they were lucky possibly able to catch them off guard and eliminate the threat before anyone else was harmed. Alas, only time would tell how that all played out and it was first dependent on them reaching their destination.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 10, 2021 19:06:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team

Early morning
261 words

Wahei arrived shortly after and greeted everyone with his up-beat attitude, giving Shigure a fist bump while calling him boss. Shigure chuckled at that and returned the greeting. "Good to see ya, Wahei-kun!" he said in a friendly tone, before turning his attention to their captain for this mission. Shikajin introduced himself, and having a Nara on his team was helpful as he had a basic idea of what the clan was capable of, which would help with their teamwork. After briefing them on the mission details, Shigure nodded in acknowledgment of his words. "Understood, Shikajin-san! I will try to keep everyone informed of potential surprise attacks once we engage. My Byakugan is not the best, but I can see for around six hundred and fifty metres." he said, sharing that information with the Nara so he could take that into account for their mission.

Once everything was settled, the trio left through the southern exit of the village. Once he indicated the mission had started, Shigure frowned his brows, prompting his doujutsu to activate. The veins popped out on the side of his face and his eyes gained a semblance of irises as the world expanded around him. Shigure would be on the lookout for any traces, such as paw prints on the ground, look inside caves, look for sources of water the wolves could potentially be relying on, and spots where they could hide to ambush the merchants. If he did spot any sign of their presence, present or past, he would be quick to inform his team.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 10, 2021 20:50:18 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
Wahei listened to the Taicho instructions attentively and with his usual wide smile. But for the first time Shigure would notice his smile instantly fade away and his expression becomes serious. He raised his hand like a kid in school waiting for a confirmation to speak. - Hajimemashite, Shikaijin-senpai! - he put a "fast-smile" as a courtesy but afterwards back to his serious face - Are you suppose to... you know... like... huh... I mean... Kill the poor wolves? - his tone, the unusual (for Shigure) hesitation in his voice... something wasn't right with Wahei. - I mean, I'm kinda have this philosophy of not killing living beings except as a last resort. I would be please should, you know, kill them in cold blood except it's really necessary. - and he bended excusing for his behavior - I promise this wouldn't interfere with the success of the mission, though - he felt a great wave of sadness pumping inside him, but he stood firm to his beliefs. 

When they left towards the mission spot, Wahei watched all the effort Shigure was putting into assisting them with his kekkei genkai and that makes him think about what he could do to contribute with the squad. - I can make few mizu bunshins. - he said literally all of sudden - And also use Kanashibari to assist with Senpai's hijutsus - he concluded taking into account that Shikajin was from the same clan as Yoru.

OFF: guys, I'll be very busy this wknd so should you guys want to skip my turns and move along, please, feel free to do so!

last edit by Wahei on Sept 17, 2021 17:42:08 GMT -5
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 14, 2021 17:48:59 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

They were eager beavers, one still a bit strange, but definitely willing to do what was necessary to make sure the mission was successful. Shigure's byakugan would definitely aid them in keeping track of the number of wolves and their locations though the chunin hoped to not put too much pressure on the boy so early into his shinobi career. Nevertheless, going above and beyond in the line of duty was sometimes necessary in this line of work and sooner or later the two genin would come to understand that.

Wahei, on the other hand, questioned if killing the wolves was actually necessary. To most it was a cut and dry situation: wolves attacking --and killing-- people meant that they in turn had to be killed before they could further hurt more civilians. However, being part of a clan that protected animal life made the situation a bit muddy for Shikajin and though he wasn't really fond of the idea he knew it had to be done. "With them attacking people we kind of don't have a choice anymore. We aren't equipped to relocate them and even if we did whose to say they won't attack someone in whatever new area we put them in? I'm not fond of the idea myself but sometimes the right decision isn't the most emotionally pleasing one." The Nara would reply hoping that would sate the genin's curiosity. It was good to see that they were at least thinking about alternatives to bloodshed when it came to dealing with conflict, but sometimes it was inevitable.

The beginning of their journey was mostly uneventful with little more than the beautiful scenery of Hi no Kuni to break the monotony. "So, you've both told me about some of your abilities, but any cool stories about being able to use them? Perhaps in training or on other missions?" The medic would ask trying to get a bit more info about the two, while also continuing to work on improving his bedside manner.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 21, 2021 12:24:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull

C-Rank Mission
357 words

Shigure immediately notice a shift on Wahei's tone and was intrigued. So his vow to protect life extended beyond that of just humans; it involved all forms of life. On one hand, the young Hyuuga thought that it was rather noble on his teammate part, but at the same time he found it quite naive. Shinobi life is surrounded by death, and sometimes there's just no helping it. In this case, the wolves were being hunted down because they were killing people and, for society as a whole, the life of a human is considered more precious than the life of a beast. Shigure's white eyes glanced over to Shikajin as the Chuunin explained that there was nothing that could be done, highlighting the risk of even relocating them. Hearing those words made him nod and then stare back at Wahei. "That's the darkness of our lives as Shinobi... We are here to protect our people and our comrades, but sometimes, in order to protect, you need to fight, to cause harm, to kill even... It is unfortunate, but you need to accept that reality in your heart, Wahei-kun. Our hands will always have blood on it, one way or the other..." he sighed, but to those lookign at him, Shigure had no problem with accepting that reality, he had already embraced it.

As they travelled in search of the wolves, Shikajin tried to break the ice and tension by asking more casual questions about their abilities and its uses. Shigure thought about it for a second and then nodded, chuckling a bit. "Well, when I was a little kid I couldn't leave the Hyuuga district because of my position as the heir... Due to that I started training my Byakugan so I could watch the normal kids playing around the area... In a way, it made me almost feel like I was out of the boundaries of my house... It made me feel a little bit free, even if I was not." he admitted, with a subtle, bittersweet smile on his thin lips.

After that, he looked at his companions, awaiting to hear their own stories.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 24, 2021 11:09:39 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
For the first time what Shigure has said was not considered. Wahei has inherited with Kazuhira's will and committed to save lives and avoiding killing. This was something that defies his inner nature and he couldn't agree with. It was always a last resort and in his mind this always would be. - I do not agree. I see this as an excuse for avoiding a harder job. But I'll take this as an order, though. - despite he hasn't said "with all due respect", somehow it was as if he had said. His way of communicating was very peculiar but clearly stated no personal or hard feelings about disagreeing with Shigure's perspective or even from Shikajin's. But quoting his own words: "Words are sweet and soft compared to getting 'em into action".

In the silence gap between the white elephant in the room cause by his philosophy and the iniciative from Shikajin to break the ice, Wahei dived into a flashback and the film of his piercing a kunai into Tomoe's head to put her out of her misery crossed his mind as the same time while that old frozen wave growth through his spine. He felt powerless, but was saved by Shikajin's question and Shigure's answer. - Oh... I've not much experience as a Shinobi. Most of my life I spent training medical skills... only after I had to kill my own teammate piercing a kunai into her head that I've decided to learn offensive techniques... I mean... rang a bell, you know? Maybe I could've used them to protect her, or even my other comrades. I mean, the jutsus I've mentioned earlier. You know? - maybe "saved" is not exactly the case.
last edit by Wahei on Sept 27, 2021 14:37:46 GMT -5
Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 27, 2021 20:01:39 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin sighed internally as he listened to Wahei disagree with the answer he had given, so much for things being smooth. Granted, the kid had agreed to follow orders in the end and it was perfectly normal for people to have all kinds of varying beliefs and ideologies. With that said, this line of work often came with a common conclusion that people had to get used to. If the wolves in question hadn't killed anyone or were just going after livestock then perhaps there would have been a chance to just cage them and ship 'em off but when human lives were at stake the pacifist options were all but thrown to the wayside. No matter, so long as they were able to complete the mission Shikajin would leave the moral conundrum to someone else.

Jumping from one can of worms to the next, the chunin would listen as each of the genin in turn shared a little more about their lives which took a somewhat creepy and definitely darker turn than the Nara was expecting. Being part of a clan himself Shikajin could definitely empathize with the often rigid rules that were set in place for its members, especially the younger ones, but this was the first he had ever heard of someone not being able to leave their home at all. He supposed it could have been to prepare the boy to put their absolutely best foot forward when making their entrance into the public eye, but that just seemed like a recipe for a socially awkward youth, and hearing that Shigure used his Byakugan to watch other kids play was as sad as it was strange. Then there was Wahei who trumped anything the other two of them could say by admitting he had to mercy kill a former teammate. There were a few moments of silence as Shikajin took a moment to process what he had heard and oddly enough reflect on the tangentially related situation that had led him to taking up medicine.

"Losing a teammate is never easy no matter the circumstances, but what's important to remember is never letting their passing go in vain and constantly improving yourself to try and ensure it never happens again. I lost someone from my genin squad when I was about you two's age and I shut myself off from the world for a while, but it was also the catalyst to push me into learning medical techniques so I would never lose another teammate." He'd respond letting them know that though there young lives had been rocky there was some good that could come of it.

After some hours of traveling the group would reach the area of the latest attack: a well traveled path with a thicket of trees and shrubbery on either side. Normally places with a lot of human activity kept woodland creatures at bay unless there was something that was attracting them but according to the mission details there was nothing of the sort around here. "So this is it, we've got a good while until sundown so now is the time to look for tracks and anything else that will help us try and figure out how many there are where they're coming from." The chunin would speak as began to search an area off to the left.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Sept 29, 2021 10:21:18 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull

C-Rank Mission
462 words

To have to kill his own teammate. That revelation made Shigure's heart sink and he held his breathe for a short moment as his mind reached out to the memories of his own former comrades. Could he kill them if it was necessary? Their deaths alone sent the young Hyuuga down a terrible spiral of dread, trauma, and grief that took years to heal. Imagine if their blood was actually, directly on his hands. Looking at Wahei now, he truly felt for the young boy, so new to this shinobi world and already so scarred from it. Touching his shoulder gently, he nodded at the boy and cracked a somewhat kind smile. "I'm sorry you had to go through that... But, you know... I will do my best so that our team will have a better chance! You, me and Yoru, I will do my best so we can all make it and become great Shinobi!" he said as he tone grew firmer with his sentence.

Shikajin's words were also very helpful, and that made Shigure think that his clan was indeed a great one, full of capable and wise shinobi, no wonder they were one of the most traditional and important clans in the Hidden Leaf. "Thank you for the kind words, Shikajin-san... I wish I could've heard them a few years back, but hey... No use crying over spilled milk, eh? Our only way in this life is forward!" he said with a more confident smile on his face. He didn't tell the Chuunin about the fate of his team, but it wasn't a hard information to find after all, and maybe he would mention it later, if the subject was ever brought back.

As the hours passed and the sun lowered in the horizon, it was about time for them to start searching for clues. Shikajin went to the left, and Shigure remained at the centre. With a single hand seal, he channeled his chakra to his head and the veins popped out on the side of his face. "Byakugan!" he exclaimed as the world around him expanded. His sight could reach as far as 650 metres, but he was pushing it to its very limits, he wanted to be useful and find the wolves; this mission involved tracking, and that was why he - as a Hyuuga - was sent.

Regardless, seeing all around him does not mean you can immediately focus on every bit of your range, so he had to shift his focus constantly, something that he had trained for many years, he just needed a little time. "I'm scanning a 650 metres radius all around us, just give me a moment and I will let you guys know if I detect anything..." he informed his teammates.

Wolf Menace [Mission]Oct 6, 2021 14:26:29 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull

"wOLF MENACE".
"We will no longer be afraid. Only through pain can you achieve your greatness! [...] Those who have not been torn have no value in themselves and no place in this world" - The Beast.

WATCH YOUR STEP!

Wahei was caught surprise when Shigure touch his shoulder and the squad get gentle and condolences. He enjoyed and give back the smile though because knowing that people care whatever he should feel bad about or whatever was really important to him. He did a mental note on that but stayed focused on the task. - Oh. Thanks, mate - he replied with honesty and retributing the nod. The same would go for the chunin. But considering Wahei state he would let go a extremely relevant information: Shikajin was also a medic-ninja. Usually this information would make Wahei thrill but he was bothered enough with the mission to truly care about what would be good for him.

What was really bothering him was the fact that sooner or later they will have to face the poor wolves. He tried in vain to avoid keeping that on mind since these thoughts would disturb his attention on the surroundings and over the mission scope, but it was easier to say than do. "Humans does lots of harm into environment. That's comprises many animals habitats and it's not hard to conclude that in some cases they are enforced to compete with humans for space or food" - a drop of cold sweat rolled down through his face - "As a conscious specie, it's our responsibility to preserve life in any stance. Conciliating our lifestyle with the fellow creatures." - he almost misstep a tree branch, quickly moving his head left to right to quit thinking - "I'm a Shinobi. I must protect life. Human lives over anything. But is such criterio fair? STOP! - he awakened from his short mental-loop crisis with something blowing-up on his head:

"Seriously? Are you going to cry out about the fucking wolves the whole way? Quit the drama, pussy!" - that voice in his head. It was somehow... familiar... The voice all of sudden disturbed him enough to make him trip and get very close to a bad fall. He managed though to use another branch to compensate the fall with some extra effort. If the comrades did not notice that his first misstep before, now they'd notice for sure. He tried to keep it cool, though, and prayed that the voice would remain silent as long as he did it too - "It's not how this thing works, pal, but I' give you credit for trying" - "Who the hell are you? Why your voice's coming from my mind? Genjutsu? - "HAHA! You're funny. You'd wish, pal. - "Who the hell are you? - "Watch your step, asshole. If you trip and fall these other folks would start ask question. Put your shit together! - "I'm literally having a conversation with someone/thing inside my mind. I think that shows that I might have a lot of shit to put together, don't you think?" - "No argue for that. I'm your conscience, Jiminy Cricket." - "Jimi..ny... what?" - "Hahaha! I'm messing with you. I'm part of you. Long story short. You can call me 'Envy'" - "'kay, 'Envy', what 'd ya mean "part of me"?" - "Oh. C'mon, man! We have been through this so many times. Why always have to be me to go over this. Fuck!" - "Excuse me but, What?" - Look, freakshow, you have eight personas living inside your head. Sometimes we take over. Sometimes we only share advises in mental level. When shit happens, you trigger us in self-defense so we can do what you not have balls to'. Got it?" - "Of course not! Where were you when I had to kill my own teammate?" - "Vacation. How the hell would I know? I'm not a fucking oracle or something. I don't make the rules. Actually. I do. We do. Whatever!" - So basically you're telling me that I wanted to kill her? This is bullshit." - "Says the guy having a mental conversation with part of himself. - "No argue to that." - "You see?" - "Haha. You got me. Seriously though I didn't wanted to kill her" - "Maybe the point is not if you wanted or not, but if you had to. Do you regret what you did?" - "What do you mean?" - "If you have had to do that again. Would you?" - Of course. She was in hardly pain, suffering and she would end up dying anyway" - "You see?" - "Oh. So looks like I actually am a freakshow afterall" - "Told ya. And now you have summoned me because you don't have the balls to deal with your little dilema" - "You mean the wolves, right?" - "No. The secret of life. Of course I'm talking about the wolves, you dumbass" - "You're not very polite, mister." - "Like I care! Stop talking shit and give me control already so we can end up this shit" - "What? No! Why'd I do that?" - "Don't make me repeat myself, punk! Hand it over!" - "NO! SHUT UP! - [...] - "Dude?" - No answer. - "What the fuck was that?" - I really mean it.

When Shikajin ordered to starting looking for tracks, Wahei woke up again lost in his on senses. He realized how much time he moved in a sort of "auto-pilot" wondering if he has spoken or replied any of his comrades. The thought got worse because now he was wondering when it has happened since "Envy" said it wasn't the first time. Could he be lying? Wait, was he really real? Maybe this was really part of him or his body showing signs that he wasn't 'okay' with the situation. But why would he go that far? He concluded that would be pointless to go deep further over that so he decided to ignore and pretend that never happened.

He went to Shigure with a unusual insecure glance and exhausted expression and said - Hey Boss. Ah. Well... Is there anyway I can help you through this? - he was putting effort to fill that hauting thoughts over. - I was also looking for tracks but I'm not on my best today, I think. - he have not really got into looking for tracks - even though that it wasn't his forte - so he came for Shigure expecting some kind of direction or lead to follow. Maybe with some help he would start feeling useful..

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

SHIKAJIN-squad
[C-RANK MISSION]
[ | ]
last edit by Wahei on Oct 16, 2021 16:46:01 GMT -5
Wolf Menace [Mission]Nov 22, 2021 13:29:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"wolf menace".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

WOLVES' DEN

Wahei was not really enjoying the prospect of having to kill the wolves, and that might complicate things when action is required. It was unfortunate, yes, but part of being a Shinobi was to be able to make hard choices, even if they were going to taint your hand with blood. Something odd was going on, and this was the first time Shigure was noticing that. With his Byakugan, he could see that Wahei was distressed; his brain was flaring like crazy, unlike anything the young Hyuuga had ever seen before, that, together with the fact that he had almost fallen from the branch made him feel concerned for the well-being of his teammate, but there was really no time, for Shigure had found the wolves' den about 500 metres to the northwest. They were resting, so this would be the perfect time to strike.

When approached by the boy, Shigure nodded. "Hand me your explosive tags. I have an idea on how to deal with this quickly, and without having to necessarily have the blood directly on your hand." he said, opening up his hand and waiting for Wahei to give him the tags. Regardless of his choice, Shigure would point towards the wolves' den with his head and dash towards it, stopping at a tree branch just before the entrance of the cave.

Once there, he would approach its entrance slowly, still undetected by the creatures. Having the Byakugan made this mission far easier than it normally would be, for now they were in a position to ambush the whole pack while they were asleep, resting for their night attacks. Shigure grabbed all the explosive tags he had available and started placing them on the walls of the cave, near its entrance, and some others a few feet inside, on the ceiling of the cave, using his Tree Climbing Technique to effortless walk upside down. When he was done, he dropped down, keeping his focus on the wolves, in case they started moving.

"Now this is what I'm going to do... I will go inside to lure them our way, and once I'm out, I will activate the explosive tags and hopefully take care of it. But I need you to be ready, because if any of them escape the cave, you will have to put them down fast, okay?" he asked, hoping his friend would be capable of doing what they must.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Attack Plan
[ ]
[405 words]

P.S.: Sorry Kata, I tried reaching out twice, and it has been a little more than a month and a half.
Wolf Menace [Mission]Nov 22, 2021 15:11:18 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"wolf menace!".
"'Cause I'm about to break down, I'm searching for a way out
I'm a liar, I'm a cheater, I'm a non-believer
I'm a popular, popular monster
I break down, falling into love now with falling apart
I'm a popular, popular monster"
Popular Monster - Falling in Reverse.

Mental.

Yeah. Sure - I mean - I've got this. - he replied with not much of his habitual confidence in his tone and expression. He nodded to Shigure though. -  "Oh, c'mon! You won't be able to get your hands dirty. At least let me have the fun. I'm gonna make a very fluffly wolf coat" - "What? No! Why'd want to kill an innocent animal?" - "Because we are assassin's weapon, you pussy". - the voice of Envy was granting space over Wahei's philosophy. He was obstinated on not killing. And he knew that sending some other version of him to do the dirty work is the very same as killing himself.

Don't take it wrong way. Wahei was able to kill someone he cared for once - thanks to this twisted perception of moral and morality he had. He wouldn't kill, except if it would be for mercy. He'd eat meat, except he found a natural-dead animal and he would starve dead in other case. There are exceptions and cases that he'd be influenced by the circumstances. But his moral code couldn't even be called a code, is just how he felt about things. As a medic, he stands for life - no matter which life, except for those dedicated do kill and destroy.

Noticing Wahei was hesitating on giving him his explosive tags, Shigure moved on. As soon as Shigure started going towards the wolf's den, entering the cave and placing the explosive tags, Wahei looked to Shikajin looking for somewhat confirmation or expectation. A chunin would expect less than a genin who'd attempt for the orders. Wahei felt a bad feeling inside of him. That was the first time he didn't agree with Konoha course of action. - "Clock's ticking, kid. What's gonna be?" - he was sweating cold, the heartbeats speeding up. "I c-can't do it. But I can't fail on this..." - "Huh. You were made to be a perfect weapon. No mind would - alone - be able to deal with so many. Give up, kid. You can count on us. We are your friends." - "My brain is ... burning... this pain... this fear... please make it stop" - "Only you can make it stop. You just need to trust us. You just need to... give in... and the pain will be gone. Just... say it!" - "Say... what?" - "Look inside and you'll fine the code. Use it, and you'll be free of the pain"... 

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

- Finally! - Wahei expression assumed another different posture than before. He was, almost literally, someone else. - If that bastard thinks I'm gonna stand here sucking my thumb while he gets all the fun... - "You can't expose yourself like that, you' brat. You have to follow chunin's and the other genin orders. That's Wahei's protocol." - and in a short pause he looked into Shikajin direction - A-b-s-olutately... right? I will make the best of my effort to accomplish with the mission because I'm some kind of superhero ninja who loves everyone and everything, right? - "You're just making it worse! Shut up and do as they've told" - "Well, I kinda really wanna do things my way. That padfoot basterd won't have my glory. I hate him so fucking much" - gritting his teeth, Envy's eyes was blowing up in jealousy - "If you do some shit to him, I swear I'll vanish you" - "Relax, Wrath. I know you're still weak, but I'm not stupid to go against your will. I've told'ya already. I'm just messing around".

Wahei (Envy) nodded to the Chunin, positioning in the entrance of the cave as indicated by Shigure. He'd then wait for few wolves to come and position himself waiting for the time to stab then in vital spots with chakra scalpel, but not giving them mercy.

The wolf-cry would - hopefully - call for more of them to avoid Shigure, which would mean more for envy to kill. He'd eventually use Kanashibari to freeze them in case numbers grew, but let they taste their final moments in a very cold-blood ending. Mercy is for the weak. But I'll give you credit for that knowledge, kid. - he had a sadistic smile on his face, but the creepiest was his killing eyes. He was sick for that kind of attention.

When Shigure ended up leaving the cave, he would stare the boy eye-to-eye. - Did you see, 'snow-white'? You're not the only one with magic fingers - "ENVY!" - But... herm... you know... those fingers are suppose to protect and save life - Am I right? - and not to... huh... take it! - Well... Bla-bla-bla protective bullshit, you know? I know you're smart kid and you got it. - That's why I am pissed with you right now - you both - I mean, not enjoy killing and, whatever.. - why does his tone sound like if he was, somehow, pretending?

- Please "boss" finish cleaning this mess for your buddy-mate here, okay? It's my snap time and I'm so stressed out because of the poor innocent wolves, whatever - he shruged, turning his back to Shigure.

There was lots of wolfs wounded and crying around. Wahei haven't kill a single one of them. But it was clearly that it wasn't a thing related to a 'not-killing' vow. But even if he wasn't using the byakugan, he would be able to tell that was some kind of bad feeling coming from Wahei's eyes. Some kind of... jealousy or maybe... envy? - "'U'd better start acting in accordance to your role, or this will be the last time I'll allow you to be chosen" - "Yeah but, you know what? I happened to know that it's not you who has the power to choose. But the boy. And now that he knows me, he'd be able to supress even your power and set me free should he wants. And no one would helping him out like I did. You know why? Because I'm fucking Envy!" - he had that provoking eye sight and smile.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Crossing a line!
- The personalities inside Wahei -
[  | ]
[1034 Words]

--- I make Shigure's words mine, pal. Hope you're fine. : )
last edit by Wahei on Nov 24, 2021 8:44:27 GMT -5
Wolf Menace [Mission]Nov 23, 2021 12:26:37 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"wolf menace".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

EXECUTION

Shigure had finished planting the explosive notes and once that was done, he dashed into the cave, aiming to alarm the wolves of his presence, and it worked wonderfully. Once he was in there, the wolves were quick to get up, snarling at the young Hyuuga. They were very large for normal wolves, and made sense they were giving so much trouble to the merchants. There was eleven of them, and once they got up, they started chasing Shigure, who ran towards the exit of the cave. As the wolves started catching up, the Hyuuga focused his chakra on his legs, and used the Body Flicker Technique to move himself to outside of the cave, where he quickly performed the one handed seal needed to activate the notes.

In a moment, the explosive notes were ignited and exploded, prompting part of the cave to collapse, burying most of the wolves under the falling rocks, crushing them to their deaths. Some of them were also further injured by the explosion, and in short, that plan made quick work of nine of them. However, the three largest wolves managed to avoid it, making their way outside, meaning that the team would have to put up a fight. Turning to face them, Shigure readied his fighting stance, but was surprised by the charging Wahei using the chakra scalpel and the Body Paralysis Technique to quickly dispatch of two of them.

Colour Shigure impressed; after Wahei's initial hesitation, he didn't expect him to act so decisively and end the creatures, leaving just one for Shigure to end, which he did in a quick, precise strike of his Palm Bottom technique, aimed right at the creature's heart. This fight was easier than it was supposed to be due to the fact that the explosion reverberated inside the cave, making the wolves who escaped it in time still stunned by the noise and the stress of the situation.

Once everything was taken care of, he turned to Wahei, noticing the unusual tone which was quickly corrected. "Odd... His brain activity is once again all over the place." he thought to himself, but he decided to just keep it to himself. "Thank you for the quick work, Wahei-kun. I guess this is done. I guess Shikajin-san will take care of reporting back to the merchants that the mission is done. We should take care of the report to the village. Wanna tag along with me?" he asked.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Wolves are gone
[ ]
[410 words]