Time Goes On, With or Without You

compose a reply
Time Goes On, With or Without YouMar 27, 2022 0:11:52 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu laughed at Jou's question, "Participating in the exams no, but she might come watch I'm not sure. If you meet a girl named Yuriko, tell her Kazu said hey." He thought back to his relative, he didn't really know if she was cousin or more distant than that, but she was a relative so that was something. Still, while they were in the same squad they weren't all that close either. She'd only been assigned to his team recently after all. 

Kazu could see the curiosity in Jou's eyes, he had a feeling it had something to do with wanting to know Kazu's abilities. In all honesty, if Jou asked Kazu would show him. He was the best friend Kazu had and the boy couldn't really bring himself to withhold information from him. Plus, if they did fight, Kazu wanted it to be a fight based off skill alone, not information. However, Kazu wasn't going to reveal information about himself in such an open space. The boy would at least wait until it was just the two of them. 

Jou agreed with getting something to eat, offering to cook something himself. Kazu had no idea Jou could cook, but he was absolutely down for the idea. "Pretty much anything you cook I'd enjoy. Just no spicy things." He smiled as they headed to the dorms. So long as it wasn't spicy, Kazu would probably like what Jou cooked. Then, he offered to share some information with Jou once they got to his room. "Whenever we get there, I wanna give you some information... on me specifically. I'll explain when we get there." He knew his sensei would annihilate him if he'd heard that, but he was in the clear for now. Plus, Kazu already knew quite a bit about Jou's dojutsu, at least if it was the same as Haruka's. It was only fair that Kazu gave Jou some information too.
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
Time Goes On, With or Without YouMar 28, 2022 14:32:41 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
"I'll be sure to remember that name." Jou claimed, only half-joking. He was a little curious about meeting Kazu's relatives..wanting to know just how strange they really are. From what Kazu had said so far, there never seems to be a dull moment with the Yuki clan. They certainly don't sound as serious as most members of the Himishi, but of course, Kazu could just be overreacting, but it wasn't Jou's place to judge since he knew very little about the Yuki.

"My cooking isn't that good y'know." Jou claimed as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. So far, people who have actually tried Jou's cooking seemed to be more than amazed by it. There was a bit of pride that Jou gained from this, but he still tries his best to stay humble. "I'll be sure to leave anything spicy out though." Jou nodded with a smile. Jou's joyful expression then shifted to a puzzled one as the fellow genin brought up wanting to...share something with himself once they get there. "Um...Sure." Jou blinked a few times. He wasn't sure what this was about all of a sudden...but Jou would be lying if he said he wasn't curious.

With that, Jou and presumably Kazu were off to the dorms. Jou would remain quiet along the way if Kazu hadn't struck up a conversation. It wasn't exactly an awkward silence, at least not from Jou's point, but a calm one, one that could probably only be done with alone or with someone trustworthy like Kazu. Jou spent most of this time trying to figure out what exactly he wanted to cook, but as they got closer to the dorms, Jou's mind shifted back to what Kazu said earlier, about wanting to share something. What could it be?

Eventually, Jou would head down to where his dorm room is and opened the door. As Jou entered, his eyes shifted to Kashiwa's empty bed, lingering there a bit. "O-Oh uh, sorry..." Jou looked back at presumably Kazu, just now remembering he wasn't alone. "I might have a few ingredients in here...but you said you had some information to share?"

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 1, 2022 3:58:27 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Jou claimed that he'd remember the name of Kazu's relative. It was hard to forget her once you met Yuriko, so he was sure that Jou wouldn't forget her anytime soon. If he met her that is. Realistically, Kazu had no idea if his teammate was coming to the exams or not. 

Jou was humble, as he usually was. Kazu continued to praise him though, even though he hadn't eaten anything the boy had made yet. "Ah come on! If you make it as good as you are friendly there's no way it could be anything but amazing!" Kazu was half-joking, but he was serious that Jou was extremely friendly. At least, once he got to know someone. At Kazu's mention of telling Jou something, the boy seemed curious. He scratched the back of his head. "Just remind me when we get to the dorms, okay?" His sensei was going to kill him. That is, if he ever found out.

Eventually, they got to the dorms. They had walked in a nice, friendly silence on the rest of the way there. Kazu sat on one of two empty beds. It seemed like it was Jou's, but he wasn't sure. The other empty bed seemed to bother Jou, and Kazu assumed Kashi was the boy's roommate... or at least, one of the participants that opted to sacrifice themselves was Jou's roommate. Jou apologized, to which Kazu had no response to give. What was he supposed to say to that? Thankfully, Jou change the topic back to the food he was cooking before asking what exactly Kazu wanted to bring up. "It's easier to show you," The boy then used a simple jutsu, not even requiring a hand seal. As he gathered moisture in the air, a small box made of ice formed in his hands. "If we ever fight, especially in these exams, I want it to be a fair fight between us. So, I don't mind showing you a couple of my abilities. To put it simply without revealing enough to get me in trouble with my clan, I can use snow."

Jutsu used:

NAME:Hyōton: Sapporo no Jutsu [Ice Releases: Sculpture Jutsu]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low to High

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu,

ELEMENT: Hyōton

DESCRIPTION:

A simple juts taught to beginners in the Yuki clan, it's easy to learn but hard to master. Simply put this justus lets users channel Hyōton in to shapes and sculptures. These can range in size from the palm of some ones hand, to the size of an average adult male. What can be built is only limited by the casters skill and imagination. At the same time, the time it takes to make and it's detail is dependent on the skill of the caster, with skilled casters being able to manipulates it's properties, and can hold a surprising amount of weight. Yet any object constructed through the jutsu can be destroyed by any D-rank jutsu, or a directed physical strike from any one stronger then a academy student.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 3, 2022 22:11:05 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou could not help but grin and laugh softly yet nervously at Kazu's compliments. "B-By that logic, you should be a really good cook as well." Jou added. Kazu has been nothing but friendly and upfront with Jou at least as far as he knows. Jou honestly didn't picture meeting anyone this nice during the Exams...but he was glad that it happened. It would be unfortunate when Jou has to part ways with his new friend after the exams...but now was not the time to be thinking about it.

Jou was certainly going to make sure he reminded Kazu about whatever it was he wanted to show the young Himishi. Jou has no clue what it could be...and that only furthers his curiosity. Jou's habit of seeking knowledge was kind of to blame for this, but so far, he hasn't cursed this habit of his. Knowledge is power after all.

Eventually, the two made it to Jou's dorm and the white-haired Himishi was still bothered by that empty bed. He was not going to have an easy time sleeping at night now, that's for sure. The constant reminder of Kashiwa sacrificing himself will continue to haunt Jou, his survivor's guilt only growing more every time he has to look at that empty bed. Fortunately, Kazu was here, and even though he hasn't said anything of the matter, his presence alone was enough to help distract Jou and get right back on track to why they are there.

Now, on the matter of this secret Kazu wanted to share...

Jou looked over at Kazu with intrigue as he mentioned needing to show him. The suspense was practically killing him despite the wait not even being long!

Then...ice formed in his hands. "H-Hold on...Is that...?" Jou didn't even get to finish asking his question before it was pretty much answered by Kazu. So this is his clan's ability...some sort of Ice Release? "That's...so fascinating." Jou claimed as he stared at the ice. "I-I...Are you sure this is fine?" Jou asked, not that it really mattered now since he has already seen it. Kazu trusted him enough to make things a bit fair if they ever had to fight....Jou hadn't even thought about the fighting portion of the exams until now. There were so many people he could go up against...

Jou then shifted his eyes to the side, looking as if he was contemplating something. If Kazu trusted Jou enough with this...it was only fitting he did so in return.

"Well...since you did this..." Jou closed his eyes, letting out a deep breath. "It would only make sense...that I'd do this in return." With that, Jou reopened his eyes, looking a little serious...but that wasn't the only difference. His eyes were no longer crimson...but purple with some black designs within that somewhat resembles a clock's hands. "This is...the ability of the Himishi clan....The Tomokenzangan." he claimed.

"These eyes are the embodiment of time itself...Nothing can get past them." Jou claimed with a tone that almost fits the fiery determination in his expression...one showing that even Jou had a little pride within him when it comes to his clan. His words were also a subtle hint of what his eyes can do...though, he didn't go into detail about the different stages or the memory manipulations, partly because he doubted that he would have to utilize any of that during the matches, and because he still felt hesitant on giving everything away involving his clan's kekkei genkai. He really does trust Kazu...but it was still a risk. Plus he was sure that Haruka would disapprove of this...unaware of how she may have already shared some of this with the Yuki genin.

Tomokenzangan: Active

Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 5, 2022 2:30:52 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Jou had a point, but Kazu was no cook either. "Maybe if I actually knew how to cook, but since I don't there's no way I'd be as good as you." Though, maybe if the boy learned how to cook, he'd be good at it. He didn't have the motivation for that though. 

As they reached the dorm, Jou really seemed to be out of it as he stared at the empty bed. Kazu knew the feeling, he'd feel the same way once he got to his room. Tokaku was gone, and the empty bed in his room would constantly remind him of that through the rest of the exams. He silently hoped they'd switch roommates at some point, maybe he'd get lucky and have Jou as a roommate. 

The suspense of what Kazu would show him seemed to fuel the boy's pursuit of knowledge even more. As the ice formed in his hand, Kazu felt relieved at Jou's response. Jou seemed worried about Kazu showing him, as far as tactics it was stupid. One of the dumbest things he'd done. However, it was his decision to make. Even if his sensei yelled at him, Jou was the best friend he had. "It's fine." He started his response, "It's my decision and mine alone to tell you or not. If it ends up being the reason you beat me then that's no big deal to me. If we fight that is. Plus, there's a reason I haven't given you all the details. Gotta keep some secrets, even if you're the best friend I have." As he finished, Jou seemed to look nervous, as if he was deciding on something in his mind.

Kazu realized moments later that he was making a decision on whether to tell the boy about his clan's ability. Kazu saw the familiar eyes, the same ones that Haruka had used earlier. Kazu listened to Jou's explanation, hearing it explained twice would be a good idea. Just in case he missed anything or there were differences between the two Himishi's statements. There were slight differences, but overall the explanation was the same. "I kind of already got an explanation of it from Haruka, but hearing it a second time still helps a lot. You're abilities way cooler than mine." The boy said, but he was also unaware of the circumstances that Jou dealt with at home. But... It couldn't be that bad right?
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 5, 2022 12:02:52 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
The moment Kazu let it slip that he didn't know how to cook, Jou immediately got an idea! He was more than willing to teach his friend how to cook, a smile almost creeping up on his face over it...but maybe it was best to save that for another time. The exams needed most of the focus after all. Jou would like to imagine that this will not be the last time he and Kazu will ever meet...but for all he knows he could be wrong. No...Jou will make sure that he visits Kazu in his village! For now, Jou kept the idea of teaching Kazu how to cook to himself...for now.

This thought only retreated further into Jou's mind the moment Kazu revealed his clan's secret to him. Ice...such a wonderful form...

Jou still felt a little concerned that Kazu was showing this to begin with, but Kazu did not seem all too bothered by it. Kazu did have a point though, this sort of did give Jou a potential advantage...especially knowing how ice reacts to fire. The thought of that honestly amused Jou a little, instead of him focusing on the combat potential. Jou has never outright said it, but he kind of feels like he and Kazu are alike...Even though their elements are practically natural opposites, this just oddly adds more to Jou's belief. They were like two sides of the same coin. It was almost like they were fated to meet...but Jou didn't want to dive too far into that considering his own unsure belief of things like destiny...

Of course, it was only natural for Jou to reveal a bit about his clan as well. It would not have been fair to Kazu. If he and Kazu were to fight, Jou wanted to be sure that his friend was going into this with similar knowledge about what he was capable of.

"Wait...R-really?" What Jou wasn't expecting was that Haruka had already given some info. It was enough to throw Jou off of his serious demeanor, looking a little sheepish and puzzled as his eyes flickered back to being red. That was one of the last things Jou didn't expect Haruka to do. Didn't these two only just met today? Jou did not understand or know the full details of what Haruka and Kazu did before visiting him...but Jou still couldn't wrap his brain around Haruka doing this. He didn't decide to pursue this any further though...Jou has faith in Haruka and he was sure she had her reasons. But Jou could not help but chuckle lightly to himself about the irony of this, since he was worried about what she might've said if she found out about what Jou had just done.

Jou then quickly shook his head at Kazu's next comment. "A-Are you kidding? You can make ice!" Jou exclaimed a bit, but immediately covered his mouth in response, a bit embarrassed. "A technique like that is nothing short of beautiful. You can form majestic constructs that are pleasing to the eyes." Jou claimed...focusing a little too much on the beauty of ice rather than its...far more potentially deadly uses which Jou has silently acknowledged...but he's a dork after all.

"B-But I digress..." Jou grinned shyly before rubbing the back of his head. With that, he finally started to look around for some pans and ingredients. "A-Anyway...Are you sure you don't have any requests? Last call before I pick something."

Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 8, 2022 8:24:47 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Jou seemed surprised that Haruka had revealed anything on their clan's abilities. He was so surprised that his eyes went back to normal, that wonderful contrast of red. The only confirmation Kazu could give was a "Yea, really." Though, since Haruka had revealed more details to Kazu, the boy decided to reveal a bit more to Jou. "Basically, I can use snow or ice, among other things. Can't really reveal more than that without getting in trouble with my clan." 

One thought wandered into Kazu's mind, what happens when the exams are over? Of course, he'd mentioned visiting Jou, but would he be allowed? It was definitely something he'd need to talk to Lady Yuki about at some point. 

His friend was in awe of the beauty of his ice, but the issue with that was that it wasn't very deadly. Kazu still needed to work on that, otherwise Lady Yuki would've trained him for nothing! "It's beautiful sure, but not extremely practical for a shinobi. I'm working on that, but it'll basically be the same as this if we fight in these exams." He replied, giving Jou more information on himself than anyone else in the exams. "Then again, we might not fight either. In which case this was a little pointless." He joked before letting the conversation fall back onto Jou.

Finally, Jou started looking for cooking materials, asking the Yuki Genin one last time if he had any preference. His answer was the same, "Just no spices!" He would say before walking over to where Jou would start cooking, but far enough away to let the boy do his thing.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 11, 2022 11:07:32 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
As Kazu went a little more in detail about his clan's abilities, Jou was in a bit of awe at the idea of him being able to make snow too! Ice was already cool, but with the addition of snow? Jou was able to get a better picture of the Yuki Clan now. With the nature of Yukigakure, it makes Jou kind of wonder if Kazu's clan were the founders of that village...if they have anything to do with why that village looks the way it looks now. Jou did not press anymore on the subject. He already felt that Kazu said enough and did not want to push him.

"I'm sure you'll get a better grasp at your clan's techniques, Kazu-san." Jou said with confidence and a small smile. He had faith in his friend. Jou did sort of agree with the fighting part. Out of all of the participants, the likely chance that these two would be put against each other is pretty slim. But the part about this exchange of information being potentially pointless was something Jou didn't agree with, whether it was a joke or not. "I wouldn't say pointless." Jou shook his head a bit before continuing. "In the end, we still got to learn a little bit about each other...Which is what friends do, y'know?" Jou claimed, his smile becoming a little more sincere. From shying away from everyone to now preaching a little about friendship? Jou truly has grown a little since he first got here and met Kazu.

As for cooking, Jou simply chuckled lightly and nodded at Kazu's comment. No spices...Jou knew just what to make.

Moving out of his room and into one of the kitchenette areas with the ingredients, Jou got his hands washed and prepared a pot of rice on the stove. He was planning on making Onigiri. As the rice cooked, Jou moved over to the counter to prepare the seaweed and something filling. Jou was clearly getting more engaged and focused with the cooking as he continued, nearly forgetting that Kazu was here. But before he was truly lost in his own little world of cooking, Jou glanced back at Kazu. "If you want to watch, I won't mind." Jou added with a light nod.

Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 11, 2022 14:22:10 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"That's the hope." Kazu responded, he really wished he had the time to finish making his ice more brutal, more deadly, before the fights. However, even Lady Yuki had a hard time doing it when she had learned. It was more a matter of breaking a habit than anything else. Jou continued to bring the boy out of his thoughts, answering that the conversation wasn't exactly pointless. They'd learned a bit about each other, which was nice. "Yeah, you're right about that. As far as the exams go it could be pointless is what I meant. We're definitely friends at this point though, so I'm glad you know regardless." He smiled, Jou really was a great friend to have.

Once Jou started cooking, Kazu could tell just how immersed he became. He wasn't completely inattentive though, as he told Kazu he could watch. But the boy could see well enough from where he was. "I can see good enough from here. Plus, I wouldn't wanna get in your way. Thanks though." Currently, Jou's only ingredient was seaweed, but Kazu was sure there'd be more pretty soon. He'd also started cooking rice along with it, the smell was enough to make Kazu's mouth water. From the smell alone, Kazu could tell whatever Jou was making would be good.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 17, 2022 15:56:23 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
This was probably the first time Jou has admitted that they're friends which Jou only noticed the moment Kazu commented on it. "Yeah." Jou nodded a bit. There are certainly some people Jou was on good terms with...and there's also Jun...but other than that, Jou didn't really have anyone he could truly call a friend. Jou thought about it...and it seems that Kazu truly is his first genuine friend. Thinking about it now made Jou feel a little weird...but not bad. It was just a new feeling, one that he could see himself getting used to.

It didn't seem like Kazu did not want a closer look at Jou cooking which the young Himishi probably thought was a smart move now that he thinks about it. He didn't want to risk Kazu getting burned or anything, even though Jou has a lot of faith in how precise and careful he is with cooking. "Fair enough. I don't think you'd get in my way though." Jou added as he continued. He really does want to teach Kazu how to make something one day, though he doubts that the Exams would be a good place for it. It was something that Jou would have to figure out later.

As for right now, Jou went back to completely focusing on the cooking, and soon enough, the young Himishi was finished. A plate of about a dozen Onigiri was on the counter, steam rising from each of them. Jou wiped whatever sweat was on his forehead before giving his food one more thorough examination. About an hour has passed since Jou started cooking, but to him, it always felt like less. Time certainly flies when one does something they truly enjoy.

"Oh! The food is ready." Jou then quickly turned over to where he last saw Kazu...assuming he was still awake...or even there. Jou was honestly a little too immersed with his cooking, that it would not have been surprising if he never noticed Kazu leaving or something.

Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 17, 2022 20:49:43 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu watched as the boy continued to cook, eventually a dozen or so of the same treat were finished. It smelled as good as Kazu expected, Jou definitely knew how to cook a meal. "Smells good" Kazu responded to the boy's vocalization that the food was done. He had stayed in the same spot the entire time. "You definitely get focused on cooking once you start." He had noticed it earlier but neglected to mention it so as not to distract Jou. 

Kazu looked over at the main part of Jou's room, "So where are we eating this at?" Kazu would ask as he waited for Jou to get plates and whatnot to prepare for their meal. Of course, he would help if Jou needed it or asked. It had been about an hour since Jou had begun cooking, so after they ate Kazu would have to go meet his sensei. He didn't want the guy to think he was dead or something after all. Kazu wiped the sweat off his forehead, being so close might have been a bad idea since it was so hot. Granted, he still wasn't as sweaty as Jou had been. Wherever Jou decided to eat, Kazu would follow him. He was ready to eat this meal!
Time Goes On, With or Without YouApr 22, 2022 18:48:31 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou grinned a little at the compliment of his food smelling good. "Just wait until you taste it." Jou said with a small nod. The young Himishi wasn't exactly the cocky type, but he certainly was confident enough about his cooking at this point. It's why his demeanor almost feels different now, once the subject of cooking was brought up. Though, Jou did get a bit flustered at the mention of how focused he was, causing him to rub the back of his head. "O-Oh, sorry about that. I do get a little distracted." He claimed, 'a little being an understatement. He does not mean to close himself off like that when cooking...it was just what happens when he gets in the zone.

As for where to eat, Jou hummed lightly as he thought about this. "I...think we can eat in my room, but we should make sure to clean up when we're done." Jou claimed. Normally, Jou eats where one would usually eat at such as a dining room or in this case, the mess hall, but he thought it wouldn't hurt to eat in the room just this once....Plus a part of him did not want to lure in any folks who'd want some of the food. Jou does not mind sharing for the most part, but he specifically made these for himself and Kazu.

If there were no protests, Jou would gather the food and head towards his dorm.

Time Goes On, With or Without YouJun 27, 2022 15:44:20 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Finally, Jou began to accept Kazu's compliments on his cooking, or at least how it smelled. "Can't wait!" He would respond as Jou mentioned actually tasting it. His mouth watered from the thought of eating. Still, he got flustered as Kazu mentioned how distracted he got. "It's no big deal, no apology needed. I just don't recommend cooking while out on a mission or something when you gotta be alert." He would smile. Jou was definitely easy to make nervous, but Kazu didn't mind.

As far as where they could eat, Jou suggested his room. They just needed to be sure to clean up after they were done. "Yeah, that works for me. I planned on cleaning it up anyways!" It was strange that Jou didn't want to just eat in the cafeteria like most people would, but Kazu guessed that Jou just didn't want anyone else to know he'd made food specifically for Kazu. Either way, Kazu was fine with it.

With no further questions needing to be asked, the two headed to Jou's dorm. Kazu also made an attempt to continue on with conversation, "So, what are you planning to do when you get back home? After all of this is over, I mean."
Time Goes On, With or Without YouJul 12, 2022 12:24:34 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou smiled a bit at the enthusiasm Kazu showed. The young Himishi couldn't wait to eat either, but he was looking a little more forward to seeing how his friend would like it, though a part of him was also nervous that the Yuki boy might not like it. That bit of fear usually follows Jou whenever sharing food he has made, almost like an artist who is nervous about how others will see their creation. As of yet, Jou has not met anyone who hated his cooking and while that has raised his confidence some...he still can't really shake off the hint of fear that one day the opposite will happen.

"I umm appreciate that, but I can handle the cleaning myself." Jou added, not looking bothered at all. It was his space and he suggested it. Jou wouldn't really feel right having a 'guest' clean up...but he does hope that Kazu isn't the slob type. The young Himishi did consider the cafeteria for a second, but he was still set on using the dorm room instead, since it was closer and, of course, a little more quiet.

Heading to the dorm, Jou looked over at Kazu once his question was raised.

"A-Ah well...I guess that depends on how things turn out here." he claimed before looking forward. "If I pass then I'll work on getting things in order for my promotion, maybe join an Operations squad." Jou's eyes then shifted to the side as he thought of the alternative. "But if I fail...guess it means just more training until next time....Wouldn't be the first time..." He added, his tone trailing a bit at the end. "O-Oh sorry...What about you?"

last edit by Himishi Jou on Jul 12, 2022 12:25:59 GMT -5
Time Goes On, With or Without YouSept 22, 2022 18:53:17 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Despite Kazu's offer to help clean up the mess, Jou seemed content to do it himself. While the snow Genin would have insisted, he figured Jou just wanted him to enjoy the meal with no further stress or anything like that. He simply gave the boy a smile, "As long as you're okay with it, Jou."

Kazu was thankful that they would be using Jou's dorm room, it was quieter than the cafeteria would usually allow for, unless you went really early. They'd already missed that timeframe though, so it would definitely be loud. 

As they headed for the dorm, Jou answered his question, stating that if he passed, he'd probably get all the paperwork in order for his promotion. If not, it'd just be more training until the next time. "Hey, don't doubt yourself so much. I mean, I came in not thinking I'd be able to do anything right and I got through the first round. We got this!" He'd reassure his friend. "As for me, I'm really not sure. Pass or fail, I'll still go back to Yuki. My sensei will probably be proud just from me putting forth any effort. If I make Chuunin, I don't know if I wanna be on an operations team or a bodyguard or what. So, I guess, I'll just go with the flow when I get back." He stated, the boy had a conversation with Lady Yuki about where he would want to go, but he still wasn't quite sure.

quick reply

compose a reply