Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 18, 2022 21:48:23 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 7/21 rank Chūnin occupation ANBU Operative
[googlefont="Fleur De Leah"]

Himishi Haruka

Each breath felt labored, but each was getting easier. I can't believe him. Why the hell did he have to play a hero? Haruka clenched her fist, watching the monitor of her heart rate get faster as emotion swelled her in waves. The tears on her face were now dried and raw, Haruka was lying on her side, looking over at Jou a few meters away in his own bed. She felt like a corpse, now, not so much. Whereas she couldn't imagine how Jou was feeling. How he reacted, there was no doubt it was going to haunt him especially. Enemy village or not, Haruka saw Kashiwa's humanity way before she saw his village. Hell, in that hour, she wanted to tear from animosity at the prospect of a new friend. She didn't know nor care at the time, but having to say her first and final goodbye then and there... it tore her in two. Sitting up slowly, the Himishi disconnected herself from the monitors and IV drip bags, tying off their ends so they wouldn't cause a mess, turning off the monitors so they wouldn't go off thinking she was dead.

Much like in the first round, she simply rolled herself off the bed prior to leaving the medical tent, they could observe her as she was out and about. It'd give more accurate results than just watching her in a controlled environment. Readorning her face clips and the weights on her limbs, the Himishi pushed through her sore body to check on the other Genin, see where they were at before finishing to adorn her former attire. The sight was for the most part sad, even traumatic to look at. The frail looks of everyone else looked terribly similar to the aftermath of the Iwa Civil War and that in itself twisted her heart.

Despite being up and moving, albeit more forced to stay up than having the natural strength to, the older girl kept a close eye on her cousin. It pained her to see him in such a state, nor did she know what was going on in his head. Activating her Tomekenzangan aided her in watching Jou with clear clarity. The Himishi herself wasn't clear of the mental toll the first round had on her, she was at least glad it no longer hurt to have something so simple activated. But right now, being happy wasn't a real commodity she could afford right now. She continued monitoring Jou herself, she was sure others (including herself) could use the help more, but none of them were a priority to her.

SA(s) Utilized:
Tomekenzangan (Tōzasō) | All-Seeing Eye of the Present
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
04 | Body conditioning weights (1 per limb) {Continuous)
last edit by Himishi Haruka on Feb 18, 2022 21:48:54 GMT -5
Necro has written 262 posts
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 18, 2022 23:32:05 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu didn't know how to feel at this point. Tokaku may have agreed to sacrificing herself, but Kazu and Asuna had backed her into a corner. He killed his roommate. There was no denying that at this point. He got up from the bed he was in, he had been taken to the medical tent to be checked on. He stumbled out of the bed, put his normal clothes on, and disconnected the medical equipment he was hooked up to. He walked outside, everyone else that was there went unnoticed to Kazu. He felt hollowed out, like he'd made the worst decision he could. Sure, Tokaku wasn't his best friend, but she didn't deserve to die. Not to mention how it affected Yoru, he had gotten one final kiss. One final goodbye. As he reached the outside of the tent, he couldn't stop the tears from falling down his face.

As he began to cry, he sat down on the ground to the right of the entrance. He didn't even know who else had survived. Okingshi? Taru? Jou? Shigure? Were any of the people he met still alive? He pushed the thoughts aside; he couldn't deal with the thought that anyone else he knew was gone. Had Kazu even deserved to survive the first round? He still didn't have enough motivation. He needed at least one to be alive though. "Jou... Please be alive." Out of everyone he had met, Jou was the one he'd gotten closest to. The Iwa boy had been extremely similar to Kazu before that week. He hoped the boy hadn't made the decision on who to leave behind, he deserved to stay pure. Whatever was happening around the boy, he paid it no attention. His tears simply continued to stream down. His sadness overwhelming the boy.
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 19, 2022 7:40:47 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Her eyes remained on Jou, watching his breathing. Haruka folded her arms as she slowly folded her arms across her chest. Everyone was running on a clock and even if the deaths of those left behind were catastrophic to those around them, maybe her clan's teachings were embellished in her like a fine insignia burned onto an object. 'Learn from the past, don't chase what-ifs.' Time will go on, without them. The Genin here have to learn from it, staying in the past chasing what-ifs is not why those that stay behind wanted. They'd want those that lived to pursue their dreams, their goals; not looking back to change what has been set but to thank them and continue pushing forward. They were the epitome of courage, not having the strength to; but moving forward, despite not having the strength to. The Himishi continued to hold her gaze on Jou. She knew that he held tightly to the past and if he lost himself to the past, Haruka wasn't sure if she could save him.

There was a reason the Himishi, and especially Tomekenangan users were told not to hold onto the past. It'd destroy them to an almost unsalvageable wreck.

The Kunoichi heard Jou's name muttered and her head snapped away from her cousin, trying to deduce where the sound came from. She scanned the area before seeing a boy crying and it pained her, even if she had an idea what really happened. After a minute of watching the icy blue-haired boy have a small crying session, the girl walked over to him. She crouched next to the boy, resting a hand on his shoulder. "As... as Jou's cousin... I made sure he made it... he's recovering right now... Some-someone else paid our price and... it's really affecting him..." Haruka stated in her usual soft tone... somber as it was, she pushed the words out. It was a sick, macabre thing that someone else's death was a relief but... she couldn't lose her cousin. She was certain if Kashiwa let her bite the bullet, it might hurt Jou even worse...

"How... How do you know Jou?" The girl asked, her soft expression doing little to hide her Dōjutsu, she didn't really feel like deactivating it, despite the immense drain she felt earlier, now, it was nowhere near as debilitating, it felt nice letting that excess pressure go.

SA(s) Utilized:
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 19, 2022 11:51:41 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu's mind continued to descend into sorrow. He couldn't stop the tears; it was uncontrollable at this point. Shigure's words rang through the boy's thoughts, 'The price of freedom is steep.' He had gotten his freedom from that room, the price was Tokaku. His roommate. The only person here he'd spent the whole week with. As he felt a hand on his shoulder, Kazu was drawn out of his thoughts. He still cried, but not as much. He looked up at the stranger, his vision blurry from the tears in his eyes. A pale skinned girl with blue hair had seen him. 'Damnit, I'm sorry sensei... I just couldn't control it.' The boy thought, his sensei would be disappointed someone else had seen him grieving. As the girl spoke, Kazu felt extremely relieved. She was Jou's cousing, and the boy he'd met was alive.

Alive, but at what cost? Who had sacrificed themselves, or worse, been volunteered by the rest of their group? He couldn't think about that right now though, Jou survived. Then came the girl's question of how Kazu knew Jou, accompanied by a soft expression like earlier. He did his best to smile, but the tears the flowed made it look strange, "I-I met him b-before... the f-first round. H-he reminded me of m-m-myself. O-or how I u-used to be. I'm K-Kazu from the Yuki c-clan." He could feel himself reverting to how he used to be, to how Jou still was. His awkward nature wasn't gone, he thought he'd moved past it, but it remained. "W-what's your n-name?" Obviously, he knew the Himishi part, but not her full name.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 19, 2022 16:00:13 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

The grieving boy explained that he met her kin before the Exams started, she looked at him with piqued curiosity as she look him up and down. I'm sorry, say that again. The Himishi thought as the boy added Jou reminded the Yuki of himself. Haruka gently rubbed her hand on his back, it seemed he was right yet wrong. She didn't see Kazu but she saw Jou before her. It wasn't that she didn't believe him, it was more the boy was contradicting his added statement as he was on the verge of what looked like another breakdown. It seemed Jou didn't touch on her name if he met Kazu earlier, it was a bit odd given how much he looked up to her but it wasn't a surprise. After all, it was a waste of energy introducing someone who wasn't there. "It's alright. We made it." The Himishi stated, trying to comfort him so he can speak. She looked at him with her spiraling Dōjutsu as he asked for her name. Haruka deactivated her Tomekenzangan, seeing no need to have it active since she wasn't monitoring her kin.

"Haruka... Himishi Haruka." The girl stated, looking at him with blue eyes. She gave him time to compose himself and if he didn't break the brief silence first, she would. "You know, you say he reminds you of who you used to be, but, you're reminding me of him right now... In that short time, you guys must have gotten close..." Haruka thought of her words, trying the best way to navigate who he was, how much Jou shared about their clan, and how much he knows of what the hell was going on. "I'm guessing you guys lost someone too... Do you want to talk about it? Are you holding up okay?"

The answer to the latter question was painfully obvious he was not. Despite that, she knew getting Kazu to talk would help him, but just cause she knew didn't always translate to other people knowing. She simply continued to sit beside Kazu, gently waving her hand on his back. She didn't want to overload him, not in his current state.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 19, 2022 23:18:24 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Haruka's comfort helped to ease the boy's tears, but they didn't stop completely. At least Jou was alive, that was a relief. She was right though; they'd made it through the first round. At least his roommates sacrifice was worth something. He saw the girl's eyes change, but he was too distracted with his thoughts to really notice what happened with them. 

As she introduced himself and mentioned that he was acting like her relative now despite saying it was how he used to be. Kazu spoke a bit more confidently than before, "I'm g-glad Jou's okay. As far as h-how I'm acting now..." He didn't want to say it out loud. Saying it out loud would make it feel more real. The girl said it for him though, and the realization that every group had probably lost someone dawned on him. "W-we lost.... my roommate. Tokaku..." He stuffed his face into his arms, folded over his knees. He needed to talk about it, but he didn't want to. He was definitely not okay, he needed to push through his sadness. He picked his head back up and looked at the girl's blue eyes, slightly darker than Kazu's. "I know I n-need to talk about it... It's just hard to push through t-this... this h-heartbreak... S-she was my r-roommate. We basically fed her to t-the wolves... I should've s-stood up for her... I'm the reason she's gone." The last words of his statement broke him, hearing that out loud. How was he supposed to recover?
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 20, 2022 18:00:40 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Haruka listened to his words, his reaction to her stating that the two boys were similar made Haruka only smirk softly. She had nothing to add except her questions. She listened to his words, before dropping her arm. What Kazu said and how he regretted it, the Himishi mentally sighed as she composed the words to say in her head. Haruka continued to wait till he was finished. He understood he needed to talk about it but he couldn't get past it, that the person he lost, Tokaku, was his roommate, that he should have stood up for her, that he was the reason for her death. The girl closed her eyes and rested her head against his shoulder.

"Hey, Kazu, hey... just listen." The girl started with to hopefully garner his attention, and if he let her, she would stay against him. If not, she would simply stand up to be in front of him, crouching to look at him dead in the eyes. "It hurts, we all lost faces, I don't know how many but, there's something to take away from this. Whether or not you push through this, it won't change the fact she's gone. The world doesn't stop spinning and time moves on... with or without you... we can't change the past nor should we worry about what-ifs. We learned every action has a greater or equal reaction. We learned firsthand that we can't go back... like you, I want so badly to go back and save Kashiwa from opting himself to stay. But, I can't. Despite what happened, we have to learn that we can't change the past... We have to get stronger, take what we learned, and push for a better future. Tokaku would've fought so hard if she didn't know exactly what I'm telling you. I can't make a judgment on how you guys acted or what you did without digging through your memories, I'm not even going to try to justify or blame, that's not what I'm getting at. You will always have the memories of when she was your roommate... you will always remember those good times. But you are hurting yourself by holding onto her death... She wouldn't want you to beat yourself up over that, we don't want you to beat yourself up for it. Things happen and time goes on. It does not discriminate, what happens happens and all we can do is keep going. Even if we don't have the strength to, that is your true power. To keep going, even if the world is falling apart."

Haruka paused to take a breath, a sharp inhale with a soft exhale. "Kazu... You have the hopes of Tokaku pushing you forward, don't squander her last gift to you. You have your own hopes and dreams to push you forward. Compared to the rest of your life, these days will pass and you will get over this. You will. But, staying in this moment will negate that and hurt you more than words can express... Kazu, I am deeply sorry for your loss, I hope you find the strength to push past this. You owe it to yourself to... and... now, you owe it to Tokaku to be a better man. And, we all want to see what you'll become so please, for everyone in your clan, your village, for Jou, and me... Push forward, we're all waiting for time doesn't wait for anyone." She would continue staying there until he pushed her away. He didn't need to talk.

Right now he needed to listen.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 21, 2022 0:29:01 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
The girl's arm was removed from the boy's shoulder as he spoke. When he was finished, she rested her head in the same place. Kazu's words made it obvious that he wasn't okay, as if the tears uncontrollable flow didn't. As the girl told him to listen, he picked his head back up again. Looking into her eyes, he did as Haruka requested. He listened, almost more than he did with his sensei. What she said was correct. Everyone lost someone in these exams. They had no clue how many had been sacrificed, but he had to keep going. Keep living. Tokaku was gone and nothing he could do would change that. He needed to stop worrying about what could have happened and start thinking about what to do going forward. He owed it to Tokaku, to all of his friends that had perished in round one. 

During Haruka's brief pause he had time to think. Tokaku wouldn't want him to be this way... Or maybe she would. Asuna and Kazu had backed the girl into a corner. Sure, she wasn't useful in the first round, but who says she wouldn't be helpful in the rounds that followed? He should've thought of a better solution to the problem. But Haruka was right. He couldn't live in the past. The past might shape him, but it wouldn't be what he would keep moving for. That would be the future. 

As she continued to speak, Kazu would take her words to heart once more. This sadness, this sorrow. It would pass. He might be changed for good, he'd probably never forget the girl's sacrifice, but how he felt currently wouldn't stay with him forever. Staying how he was in this moment would destroy the boy, hell it already was. He needed to become a better person as a result of this. For Tokaku. For Jou. For his sensei and Lady Yuki. For his village as a whole, every one of them believed in him. For Yoru, who had to see his beloved die before his eyes. And now, for Haruka too, her efforts couldn't be in vain. As he thought of all those who supported him, images of them came into his mine. His tears finally started to stop. Not completely, but it was a step in the right direction. With his tears flowing less frequently, his eyes were now easier to see. It would be obvious to anyone that he'd been crying as his eyes were puffy. Having calmed down a bit, he prepared himself to respond to the girl.

"T-Thank you Haruka." He began, "It still hurts far more than I wish it did but. I can't live in the past. It's hard but I think I'll be okay... Plus I know if I need it, my sensei is there." A slight smile adorned his face, if only for a moment. "Tokaku didn't deserve death, but that doesn't mean I deserve to sit here and cry. She wouldn't want that either I don't think. Either way I don't... I don't deserve to be sad about it... Not after what I did." At this point his tears were gone, but the sorrow was absolutely still there. Haruka had gotten through to him, but only for a moment.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 21, 2022 14:21:50 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

She could tell that her words had some impact, as to whether or not it was good impact was yet to be seen but the slowed tears was an indication something in him was stirring. Haruka was proud that her words seemed to work, after silently lying her head against his shoulders, his epiphany assured her he did what she asked of him. Hearing his words brought comfort to her, they spoke of him learning and using that to push forward. However, Kazu stated something that perked her curiosity. Knowledge wasn't pretty, it made sense that it could aid or debilitate. There was a price of knowing everything under the sky, but time didn't discriminate and neither did the Himishi.

Haruka sat up, her eyes staring at the boy as she thought about his words and what she was. "Kazu... what do you mean by 'After what I did'?" The Himishi made a tilt of her head, attempting to see if he would explain. "If you don't want to talk, can I see?" The girl wasn't sure if he was going to make her repeat herself. Haruka's blue irises turned a bright violent before forming the spirals a circular lines spinning like clockwork. She hoped it would be easy like Wahei, granted she gave him her memories. Rentaro gave her his memories, but Kazu, would he do the same?

However, he answered will determine how gentle Haruka would satiate her curiosity.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 22, 2022 17:05:23 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu's mind was spiraling out of control. If Tokaku was here, would she be okay with how Kazu was taking this? Would she hate him for offering her as the sacrifice or would she want him to move on? What he needed was closure, but that wasn't possible at this point. Deep in the back of his mind he hoped it was a cruel joke. That Asuna was right, and they were just made to think the sacrifice died. However, Kazu was realistic. As a strategist he had to be. 

Then came the question. Haruka asked what Kazu had done, but before Kazu could really process the question she asked if she could see, "W-What do you mean see, I don't understand? But... I trust you. Just explain what you're gonna do first..." The blue irises turned back into the violet color that they were earlier. What exactly was Haruka going to do? Was it a doujutsu like what Shigure has? His eyes met hers, his blue contrasting with the purple of Haruka's. A spinning circle made it look like a clock, it made Kazu curious.
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 25, 2022 23:47:30 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

The Himishi looked at the boy, unmoving from her gaze. He questioned what exactly did she mean by 'see'. The Himishi made a small cant of her head as she heard his words. He doesn't understand but he trusts her. Haruka found that a bit peculiar, usually people that don't understand typically don't trust. Yet, here Kazu was dictating the very words Haruka thought she'd never hear. The Himishi held a hand out to Kazu, an open hand, small relative to her. A small grin pursed the Himishi's lips despite being very faint. "Okay... I'll explain and you can decide if you want to follow through." Haruka smiled slightly as she rested her opposite hand on her lap.

"Both I and Jou share this rare ability. With our Dōjutsu, we can alter time in a sense. I can see your past memories just as how I can see how you are going to move, well, how you decide to move. Unlike my kin who can make you relive your memories on loop, I can see everything of your past in acute detail from how you are feeling, what you are sensing, the stimuli, your thoughts, your actions and those of others from your eyes. I can relive your memories, but there are some caveats... I can only see select memories at a specific time. There's too much that we live in for me to process. There is the chance that by reading your memories, you could twist or contort it, it gives me false information, there are ways I can find the true memory but they'll hurt. The most important caveat, in your healthy state, I need your permission, obviously, I won't need it if you are too weak to fight back."

Haruka explained, her eyes still slowly spiraling at Kazu. "You will fall into a trance state, almost like I hypnotized you, but I will be in one too. You won't fall over, but we are both not at our peak so we might. But, I don't see it happening. Now... if you are still willing, look straight at my eyes." Assuming the Yuki does, the boy would feel his body getting lighter the longer he gazed at her. The girl would place her hands lightly on the side of Kazu's head, her violet eyes spinning faster and faster as she looked in the past few days. Most of the memories were boring but after searching through the fluff, Haruka found the memory of his Exam round. She just observed, taking in all the detail, trying her best to see past the poison affecting him to see what EVERYTHING transpired and who was who.

It would be a perfect recall, if Kazu didn't mess with his own memories.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:
NAME: Nagori Ijō [Memory Transfer]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Kekkai Genkai - Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: N/a
REQUIREMENTS: Iwakusō [Past Aspect]
DESCRIPTION:
Through the gaze of the Tomokenzangan and the weakened or willing mental state of their ocular target, the user can share memories between their minds. They can copy the memories of their target for their own use, or display their own memories to the target for whatever purpose they so desire in sharing such information.

This can technically allow the user to steal away the understanding of the fundamentals of a target's technique so that they may learn it themselves, though this does not allow its instantaneous use. The technique can also not alter or change memories of either party, only display or copy them. While this technique is active, both individuals are in a trance like state, leaving them vulnerable to attack.

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 27, 2022 8:27:36 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Haruka seemed... confused by the boy's words. His trust in her wasn't exactly smart, especially for someone trying to be a better strategist. However, the girl had made him feel better. Even if that was only because Kazu was a lot like her cousin, Kazu still trusted her. His sensei would likely call him foolish, but Kazu's mind wasn't capable of thinking strategically at the moment. 

As the girl explained, Kazu listened intently. Despite not being in a healthy state of mind, he didn't want to agree to something he didn't know the details of either. It was a Dōjutsu as Kazu suspected. One that let the user alter time, sort of. Haruka specifically explained how she could see past memories. How Kazu felt, his thoughts, his actions... Everything would be out in the open. Kazu could twist it if he wanted, but he had no idea how to even do that. They'd both fall into a trance-like state, almost hypnotized. He shouldn't fall over or anything, but neither of them were completely healthy either. As Haruka finished her explanation and asked if he was still willing to go through with it, Kazu repositioned himself to where even if he did fall over, he'd have a decent back support. "Now I'm ready." A fire gleamed in his eyes, one that few people ever saw. The primary one that saw it was his sensei and even then, it was rare. 

Now repositioned, Kazu did as she instructed and looked straight into the girl's eyes. He felt light, like his soul was leaving his own body. Still, he stayed focused on her eyes as the girl placed her hands on the sides of his face. As the jutsu continued, he could feel himself slip into the trance, leaning back in an attempt to not fall. Only one question was in the back of his mind: What would Haruka think of him now?
Time Goes On, With or Without YouFeb 27, 2022 22:37:25 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Haruka- no... Kazu got up in silence, no reserves to the guards as they led him and requested him to change. The knockout game and he was awakened at the room, he was the first to ask if the group had any ideas. There was a white-haired girl who seemed to take the lead, Waruichi Asuna. The girl Kazu shared a room with, was also there. The girl Haruka guessed was Tokaku. Yoru hollered ideas after promptly addressing himself. They all acted aimlessly without any coherence, it was a damn shame considering in these exact moments, Haruka, Jou, and the rest of her team already found a clue. A quiet boy, Chizawa Konsho, finally made his presence known and declared to be finding anything chakra reactive. Asuna rudely answered the boy but it was a small detail, but it painted a bit who Asuna was. Uchiha Tokaku... Uchiha... Rentaro had an eye of one of them, she was especially a target of interest but that didn't matter here. Yoru was as chirpy as ever and Haruka hated it. They eventually found the pillars, Kazu was onto something about the pillars but his teammates tried to solve it under Asuna's command.

They were really dysfunctional under Asuna's lead, what did she expect Kazu and Konsho, of course people were going to act lost, was she a dumbass? Yoru, shut the hell up! The Himishi thought as the memory kept playing, much like every other instance, Asuna took the lead while the others were just puppets or straight-up of no help. She questioned some of Kazu's ideas but in that situation, she was certain everyone made questionable decisions. She continued to watch and learn, not of Kazu but of everyone he interacted with the same clarity as being there but she was slightly impressed he was holding himself up with that poison's effects. For the most part, not that they were completely useless but they were manipulated by someone who acted like a tyrant. Kazu definitely took the back seat of the round, and the roommate he lamented on, well she wasn't winning any brownie points. But Kazu's rationale, his judgment, they were led to the same wavelength the bitch was barking.

It came, he caved and told Tokaku she needed to go. The rest of the group seemed to be in agreement, so like that, she was thrown to the wolves without being given a proper say. The Himishi now knew why he was in tears earlier, she could feel the regret in his heart. The Himishi shut her eyes and the trance faded. She let go of Kazu and covered a hand over her mouth, another on top her chest. After quite a handful of seconds of rapid breathing, the girl's breath slowed as she brought her hands down, opening her eyes, the Tomekenzangan still active, still staring the boy down.

"Yuki Kazu... you yourself are not alone to blame... but... your lack of free will, of thinking your own thoughts, that is why you feel regret. Despite the fact that Asuna controlled you like a puppet, you had a say and chose not to act on it. The sorrow you feel is unwarranted, you committed to the idea, and these are the tough decisions shinobi have to make. Stop shedding tears, you were merely following orders, granted doing so harmed you. There was another way, but like us, your team's optimism got in the way. It was a hollow victory, but it doesn't feel like one. I'm not going to say you did the right or wrong thing... You did what you were told to, like a puppet. Stop shedding tears. puppets don't have feelings." The Himishi stated, not even trying to hold her tongue back. "Just remember, that decision... pray she's dead, time tells me that she will hold spite to you... even if she ended up sacrificing herself to atone for the transgressions committed by throwing her under. Don't cry, Kazu... like you thought back then... you have no right to mourn."

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Time Goes On, With or Without YouMar 2, 2022 13:50:04 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
The trance faded and Kazu took a second to recompose himself. Once he did, Haruka began to speak. Her words cut sharper than any knife could. His goal, his reason for doing everything currently, was because he didn't want to be anyone's puppet. Yet here she was saying that's exactly what had happened? No, he was no one's puppet. He had made sure to come to his own conclusion, it was a life after all.

"You're wrong, Haruka." He would start. "You might've been able to feel what I felt. To see what I'd done. But I'm no one's puppet. The whole reason I started the academy was to avoid expectations. Yes, Asuna influenced my decisions. But she didn't make them for me. I chose to agree. I chose to stop rushing things. I made the judgement of my own free will. As far as not having the right to mourn her, yea I probably don't. However, in the shinobi world no one has a right to anything. Not even Jou." Mentioning Jou was to make a simple point, he knew Haruka and Jou were extremely close.

"I won't pray that she's dead either. I don't wish badly on anyone, even Konoha. Not to mention the biggest thing with it is that I never got closure. If she was alive, her reaction may suck. Hell, she might even try to kill me. But I'd at least have closure."
Even with Taki and Kasumi trying to convince him to hate the village, he couldn't wish death on anyone. It just felt wrong.

He would finish, picking himself up from the spot he'd been at, reaching a hand out to Haruka to help her up as well, "That being said, it's not wrong to have different opinions either. Even though our opinions differ, you still helped me out of that sadness. So, thank you." 
Time Goes On, With or Without YouMar 2, 2022 15:51:02 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Kazu was surprisingly reciprocative of her words, he listened to all she had to say but not all of it was positive. It wasn't meant to tear him down, it was more so to wake him up and when she was done, his words successfully showed she had woke him up. Kazu's words completely refused most of what Haruka said. He said he wasn't a puppet and despite what she felt and saw, he wasn't one. He didn't start this path due to expectations but to show his free will. Something Haruka kind of regretted thinking he wasn't in control, but he was, whether he knew it or not.

It was a fact Asuna influenced his decision but she didn't make them for him. It was he that chose them and Haruka couldn't really blame him once he gave his reasoning. The moment he said in this world, no one had a right to anything, it did make her ponder but when he followed up saying Jou was no exception, her expression became as cold as ice and her eyes seemingly pierced the boy's soul. Her left hand balled into a fist and she was about one more attacking sentence from saying fuck it and beating him down. He continued his words and her expression softened.

She watched as Kazu stood up and held a hand out to help her up. "That is what I wanted to see. I'm so glad I can help you... Speak ill of Jou again, and you'll regret opening up to me... Please take care of yourself, Kazu."

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:

quick reply

compose a reply