compose a reply
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Feb 21, 2022 18:09:11 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi made his way through the halls of the dorms. Nothing stood in between him and his objective. The first round had ended, and after he had been patched up and things settled, people were assessing the damage. Who was still here? Who was gone? How many teams had there been? If that number is right, then how many people went down? Questions raced through the boy's mind as he got his sights on the door to Tokaku's room.

He moved through the hallway like a doctor rushing through the hospital, and looked like it too. His white jacket covered his hair colored green tank top. White drawstring pants that matched the jacket, lead to black ninja sandals. Asahi knocked on the door with one hand and went to open the door with the other. If it was unlocked, he would open it, and if not he would continue to knock rather rapidly.

Assuming the door opened, "Tokaku!" he would frantically say as the door swung open. If she wasn't there in the room, he would ask aloud, "Tokaku! You around in here?!" If Tokaku's roommate was in the room, Asahi wouldn't even notice at first. The only thing one his mind, was finding out rather or not his teammate had made it. If the Uchiha's roommate was present, Asahi would eventually register the other person being in the room. Then he asked them.

"I'm Asahi Ōo-, I'm Asahi, her genin teammate in Konoha. Have you seen her?" Asahi's golden eyes would struggle to stay on the person he addressed his questions too and still search the room for any sign of her being around recently...

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Feb 22, 2022 17:32:49 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu hadn't gotten much sleep recently, with the reminder of Tokaku being gone every time he tried. He stared at the empty bed. Would she be able to sleep if Kazu was the sacrifice? Eventually he fell asleep, only to be woken up by someone knocking on the door about an hour later. "It's unlocked." He would say before rolling over. Why would someone be here at this early hour? He rolled over just in time to see the individual disturbing his sleep. 

The recognizable leaf headband gave away why they were here before the boy said a word. They were here to see if Tokaku was alive. Seeing the boy search frantically for the girl made Kazu's heart feel hollow. Finally, the boy noticed Kazu's presence and introduced himself as Asahi, Tokaku's Genin teammate. "Searching her stuff won't help, she's not here..." The boy looked down, not sure how to tell the boy that his teammate was gone. He imagined what he would do if Yuriko or the Nue girl were gone. Sure, they had issues, but he'd be heartbroken if they were just suddenly gone. "She... She was the sacrifice for my group... I'm sorry. We basically backed her into a corner... Though she agreed to it." Was all Kazu could say. He couldn't even look at Asahi while saying it, it hurt too much.
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Feb 25, 2022 4:04:25 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi's frantic nature stopped with the blue haired boy's words. It took a second for it to sink in, but Asahi didn't react like his initial burst in may have implied he would. He took a breath and sat on her empty bed. His golden eyes stayed on the boy on other bed, but there wasn't anger behind them. There wasn't anger behind his eyes, or his words.

"What do you mean by you backed her into a corner?" Asahi asked, genuinely wanting to know more about his teammates last moments. They hadn't been on the same team for too long, but in the time they had been...that didn't sound like her. The getting backed into a corner part at least.

"And did she perform well during the round?" Asahi asked, briefly reminded of his own rather low score he got in the first round. Certainly Tokaku wouldn't have been proud to learn of that...Asahi kept his eyes on the boy who couldn't seem to meet his, waiting for an answer.

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Feb 27, 2022 5:22:16 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
At least the guy was taking it well instead of lashing out at Kazu. He already blamed himself, he didn't need someone else to. As the golden-eyed boy sat on Tokaku's empty bed, Kazu rolled over in his bed, turning to face the other way. "She was the only one who hadn't found a clue in our round... A couple of us decided that because of that she should be the one to..." He couldn't even finish the sentence; it was too difficult for him.

His first answer kind of answered Asahi's second question, but he still gave another response. "Knowing her, she probably did her best. That's all that really matters." He couldn't meet the leaf boy's eyes, even after his conversation with Haruka. It had helped him to stop crying, but it didn't ease his pain. That would take a lot of time.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 2, 2022 18:31:57 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
As Kazu briefly explained what had happened Asahi sat hunched over, his arms resting on his legs and his hands put together, thumb resting under his chin as he listened. "I see..." Asahi said, taking in the apparent loss of his teammate.

"Then it makes sense that she would agree with you all to be left behind..." he said softly as his brain still went through the news, imagined it, partially assuming and partially understanding his newish teammate, or rather ex-teammate?

"Hey, look at me." Asahi said, bringing his hands away from his face and sitting back up straight. This time his tone wasn't a demand, but he was serious about the request. If Kazu had turned and met Asahi's eyes, he wouldn't find anger, or even sadness. No tears welled up in Asahi's eyes. "You didn't back her into a corner. The exam backed us all into corners. Even then, she chose that. She could have fought one of you for the antidote, killed one of you for it, but she didn't." Asahi said, taking a pause to collect his thoughts.

"It couldn't be helped, I tried with our team, but the test is the test and the test only let four people pass." Asahi said. The boy's logical brain and emotional brain were in conflict, but his logical side had the advantage.

"I'll miss that fire she carried though..." he said, starting softly and trailing off in thought. When they first arrived here, Tokaku had shown off that fire a bit to two other genin. It was never a dull time with her around.

"How about you? Anybody you know that didn't make it out?" Asahi asked out of seemingly curiosity, but it was deeper in that. He was hoping to find someone who could relate to his loss in the boy across from him, he just didn't know it.

But even if Kazu couldn't, it looked like he was taking the results of the first round harder than Asahi was...

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 5, 2022 7:34:01 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu was obviously taking it far worse than Asahi. He wasn't extremely sad about it anymore, talking with Haruka had helped. However, he still felt like he deserved the blame. Prompted by Tokaku's teammate, Kazu looked at the boy briefly as he spoke. His response was simple, "I disagree. She knew she would've had to fight four of us for it. That plus the poison, it was obvious all of us would've died at that point. So instead of everyone dying, she chose the only logical decision. Saving Asuna, Konsho, Yoru, and myself. The test was designed that way, but we didn't even try to look for a different solution." When he mentioned the fire that Tokaku had, Kazu smiled a little. "Yea, she was a wild one."

Upon the boy's next question, Kazu felt relieved, "Not anyone I know from home no. I heard someone named Kashiwa was a sacrifice for a different group. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Yukigakure Genin here though. At first, I was lonely. Now though, I feel quite relieved about it. If they were here, knowing the people on my team, they'd have been the sacrifice. Plus, I got to meet some pretty cool people." He responded, 'Like Tokaku.' His thoughts told him. At least he still had Okingshi, Shigure, and Taru. Unless they'd all three been sacrifices... At least Jou was okay, he knew that much.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 6, 2022 16:07:19 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi disagreed with Kazu's disagreement but moved past it. The assumption that she had to fight all of them was false. Wait- did he say Yoru was in the group too? The took her number of potential targets down even more. The boy's on logic went to work.

What incentive did the others have to jump in and help under the context? If anything, it was safer to let her fight whoever she targeted or help her to get the situation over with...But there was no reason to debate it now. What had happened had happened.

Kazu's answer to his question, more specifically the comment about his teammates got a grin from Asahi. "I know what you mean. Although Tokaku's gone, we had a teammate who stayed back in Konoha. If they were here, they'd probably end up like you say yours would have," he said. Asahi laid out on the vacant bed before continuing.

"And same here. My teammates death, and my almost dying from poison aside...I'm getting almost everything I wanted out of this trip. Meeting some cool people. and experiencing some cool things." Asahi continued lightheartedly.

He rolled over and looked at Kazu. "The place you come from obviously is, but what about you? Are you cool?" Asahi asked playfully, partially in hopes of alleviating some of the weight the previous topic brought.

Although, it would be probably be harder than that to get that elephant out of the room, even after it had been addressed.

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 6, 2022 16:46:02 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu's regret for what had happened was obvious if you looked at his face, but with his face turned away from Asahi, it might not be obvious to him. Still, Asahi's reassurance helped the Yuki Genin. Thankfully though, the topic began to change. 

It seemed that being Tokaku's teammate, Asahi knew how much of a fire the girl had. They're other teammate seemed to be similar to Kazu's, thinking sacrifice was worth it. If you thought about it in a situation where you were a chuunin leading a team, it could be argued either way. Yes, you need to protect your subordinates to the best of your ability. However, if you sacrifice yourself then who would lead the team? Would it be a team of deaths as opposed to one? That was an argument he wasn't ready to have, his sensei would be there when he was ready for it though. Chuunin or not.

Despite the traumatic end of the first round, Asahi still managed to appreciate coming to the exams. Kazu did too, but it didn't make him feel less regretful either. "I'm glad it's been mostly good, Asahi. I can say at the very least, the exams have taught me some stuff. Which is part of why I came in the first place." He would say before the golden-eyed boy continued. He asked if Kazu was cool, like his village. In a literal sense, yes. But that wasn't what the boy meant. "I mean, that's more for others to judge than me in all honesty. So, I think it's best if you make that decision for yourself, whether I'm cool or not."
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 6, 2022 20:48:23 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi nodded as he listened to the other boy's words. "Same. Lessons I didn't even consider before this." he added to Kazu's statement before the Yukigakure boy went to answer his question. Biggest lesson so far, get acquainted with poisons and carry an antidote.

Asahi didn't say anything in response at first. It was as if he was taking Kazu's words to heart, determining whether he was cool or not. That wouldn't be a simple process...at least not for Asahi. But, it started on the physical level as he looked Kazu over. Asahi smirked. The boy's seemingly non-answer still was an answer. "Fair point..." Asahi responded.

"Want to exchange lessons then? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. What has the exam experience taught you so far?" he asked. The "are you cool" test started with that that question. Asahi had received the answer he had come to the room for, but he didn't want to leave the room just yet. Leaving the room solidified everything, made it more real....

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 6, 2022 21:21:21 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Asahi agreed with the fact that the exams taught them lessons. Some harder than others to learn, but still they learned through the experience. His takeaway from the first round was significantly different in comparison to Asahi's, however. Kazu learned that there will be times when you're faced with no way out as a chuunin. In this situation, you would have to make difficult decisions. After that, you'd have to live with that guilt. 

Asahi took time to consider what Kazu had stated, seemingly taking Kazu's words to heart. Kazu didn't mind what Asahi's opinion of him was, at least not currently. Anything was better than him agreeing that it was Kazu's fault. 

As the discussion changed, Asahi asked if he'd like to exchange the lessons he had learned. "I don't mind." He started, making sure to leave out any details that would help Asahi strategize. "The first round taught me that... Despite working together. Despite everything we tried. Loss is inevitable at times. As a Chuunin you're the one to have to make that hard decision. Whether to sacrifice yourself or someone else." Kazu's words were realistic, just like his mind. There wouldn't be much that could sway his mind. The casualty from his decision last round was Tokaku, would he have to make a similar decision in the next round?
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 6, 2022 22:04:03 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi listened to the boy's words and read him. He could pick up on Kazu's hesitation, his careful selection of words, only because he was the first person Asahi had interacted with like this to do that. Surprisingly, everybody else he had met seemed to speak freely, besides Daichi of course but that was a particular case. Even then, Kazu's words felt solidified by the way the boy delivered them. Asahi wouldn't try to sway Kazu. In fact, it was the opposite.

"That's nature," Asahi began, agreeing with Kazu, but that was a fact Asahi had long known was a part of their lives. "When a predator injures one of the herd or pack, the others are forced to decide to fight or flee. That hard choice is always around us when you look for it..." Asahi said trailing off. This wasn't in a lecturing tone. It was a more neutral tone, like he was simply stating an observation he had made in his years of life. Unless Kazu responded back, Asahi would let silence settle in for a moment as he gathered more of his words.

"What it taught me was more personal than something like that. It taught me that as a medical ninja, I need to become more acquainted with poisons. That was an aspect of the field that I hadn't really considered until now." Asahi revealed. If Kazu wished to play into the social game, Asahi didn't mind joining in.

Sure, he revealed that he was a medical ninja, but that usually came with certain assumptions. Those assumptions were ones that Asahi trained to go against, and had been successful so far, but he didn't say all that. Let them think he was weak, defensive, and needed protecting like most medical ninja...

Notes:

Tag: 

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Mar 6, 2022 22:07:03 GMT -5
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 9, 2022 10:42:44 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Asahi agreed, but Kazu wasn't quite done yet. Kazu gathered his thoughts on the matter for a moment before responding, "It's just something that I haven't had to deal with personally. Yes it's something that's all around us but... It's not something that's ever affected me. That's not to say I didn't think it could happen to me or someone I know. I know I'm not invincible or any of that. It just hadn't happened yet." 

Then, Asahi shared what he had learned so far. Revealing that he was a medical ninja, Asahi explained that the first round had taught him that he needs to get more adept with poisons, a part of medical ninjutsu that the boy hadn't considered up until now. Kazu thought for a moment, his mind continuing to strategize despite the ongoing conversation. Medical ninja's usually weren't all that strong, but then again his sensei was primarily medical based and he was strong for sure. He decided to not make assumptions, but to make strategies later for both possible outcomes. "That's a good lesson to learn." He began, "There's always new aspects of what you can learn in your field in my opinion." He kept it short and simple, not needing a long winded explanation.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 14, 2022 19:06:32 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
"We're in agreement there then. My mom used to tell me that statements like that were how you know someone is pretty knowledgeable in general. One who knows that even though they know things, that there is always more." Asahi responded, feeling the same way.

There was always something more to learn in any given field you were interested in. That pursuit of knowledge, is what brought the boy to life, what made the world around him so interesting to him.

Asahi nodded in agreement as he searched for more words, or rather how to shape his question. Kazu had kept his response short, and Asahi raised an eyebrow. The other boy wasn't following the social rule of reciprocity, so Asahi would pry without shame.

"Well, that's the field I have knowledge in, what's yours?" the Konoha genin asked, not hiding his curiosity and stating his question rather plainly. He kept his eyes focused on the boy in the bed across from him, looking not only at him, but at whatever answer he would provide, analyzing both.

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 15, 2022 17:34:56 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Asahi agreed, though his view was slightly different. Kazu mostly tried to be knowledgeable for strategic purposes. While Asahi seemed to want knowledge in all regards, Kazu merely wanted knowledge he could use. He didn't bring this up though, it wasn't important.

It seemed that Kazu's response to the lesson Asahi had learned from round one wasn't enough for the golden-eyed boy. He wanted to know what Kazu specialized in, something Kazu had avoided revealing to most of the other participants. How much was too much though? Should he tell him that he's a strategist? That his expertise is in ninjutsu? That his ninjutsu was mostly from his clans' abilities? Kazu knew that from a strategic aspect, the less information you revealed was for the better. Therefore, that's the route he went with, "To put it simply, I'm a strategist. That's part of why I seek out knowledge as much as I do. That same knowledge can help me out of a pinch in a fight." Once again, short and simple. Not revealing too much, but just enough to hopefully satisfy Asahi's curiosity. 
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 20, 2022 6:39:29 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
"A strategist? I knew there was more to the boy that I was greeted to when I first walked in here." Asahi said with a small smile and nod in acceptance of Kazu's answer. It sounded like they were two boys of similar taste. The lengths Asahi had already gone in pursuit of knowledge, and the lengths he would go given the chance...Kazu spoke of seeking out knowledge and Asahi could relate.

"I'd say I'm a similar way." Asahi also leaned towards strategy. However, it wouldn't exactly satiate Asahi's curiosity like he had hoped. Instead it would fuel the fire. Asahi had already been, but now he was really engaged and interested. He went from sitting up in the bed, to sitting on the bed's edge.

He decided to poke some more but in a fun way. "Well, Mr. Strategist. Got any knowledge on me, aside from what I just gave you? And with that, got any strategies there?" Asahi asked playfully but it was still a genuine question.

Notes:

Tag: 

quick reply

compose a reply