the pressure of the messenger (kazu)

compose a reply
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 26, 2022 20:55:08 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu looked at the boy, chuckling to himself a bit. He was smart enough to know that Kazu was strategizing against him even as they talked. At the same time though, he was strategizing for if they would be teammates at any point. "Haven't really had time to get any information on you. There's been others that I've just been more worried about that I was made aware of. So, no I didn't really have anything on you until you revealed some things. That being said, part of strategy is about being adaptable in the middle of a fight too. As you learn information about your opponent throughout the fight, you should be changing your strategy to accommodate the knowledge you gain while fighting." Kazu was helping his opponent, but that in itself was a strategy. If Asahi felt a friendship with Kazu he wouldn't want to kill him if that was an option at some point. Hell, it'd already been an option in the first round.

"That being said, my strategies aren't limited to us fighting. We could be teamed up at some point too. So, it's not just how I could beat you but also how we could work together, if that opportunity arose." He explained, revealing very little information for the time being. He could almost hear his sensei saying the simple words: 'Don't reveal your hand too soon.' 
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Mar 30, 2022 20:23:16 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi nodded as Kazu explained his thinking. "Awww, I wasn't worth worrying about?" Asahi playfully started in response.

"All of those are good points. In my analysis I hadn't really considered how teaming up with others would go, only against them..." Asahi admitted, pausing the think about some of the exam participants he had interacted with so far. Taru, he was sure would go well. But what if he had to team up with the Kiri girl or the Taki girl. How would teaming up with Okingshi go? Ikana? Asahi brought himself back to the present.

"With the way it sounds like your brain works, I hope we get the opportunity for the second option rather than the first." Asahi complimented the boy in the bed across from him. Then, he began to swing his legs, even though he was tall enough that they didn't dangle. "So let's say us working together becomes a reality. How do you see that going?"

He dug deeper, not in an attempt to gain information but out of genuine curiosity. Asahi leaned in like someone waiting for a campfire story to start.

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 1, 2022 4:58:22 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Asahi commented that he wasn't worth worrying about, obviously joking. Kazu chuckled a bit before responding, "Not that you weren't worth it, more that I wasn't lucky enough to see you train... yet." He joked back.

Asahi hadn't considered strategizing for a team-up yet, but that was understandable. Most people's minds instantly went to the worst case, especially with strategy. Kazu's sensei had taught him well though, mentioning that you should think on both scenarios. "It's not horrible for you to not strategize about team-ups. It's hard to know for that if you aren't going through it at the moment you strategize." He stated.

Kazu wasn't really expecting a compliment from the boy, but he smiled in response. "My mind works the way it does thanks to my sensei, but I appreciate it nonetheless." Then came the question of what the two of them being teamed up would be like. Kazu didn't know enough, and he didn't really want to reveal any other information. "Can't say without knowing more, but part of strategy is the element of surprise. So, I'd rather not reveal anything more on myself. I will say it'd be a lot more helpful to have a medic on my team instead of fighting one though." Hopefully, that would satisfy the boy's curiosity. 
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 7, 2022 19:14:18 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi continued to listen to Kazu’s words with undivided attention. At the end of it, he received the boy’s request and nodded. "I understand. I won’t pry anymore.” Asahi said, throwing up his hands like a person surrendering. "But I don’t know about that last part. Fighting a medic would be easy, no? Or at least most medics.” Asahi said bringing his hand to his chin and eyes looking up in thought.

"Most medics are taught not to put themselves in danger, so many aren’t the best fighters in my experience. Especially not one on one. But that may just be how Konoha trains theirs…and not everyone is like that. Some, like me, see the offensive potential in most medical techniques, along with how they help of course.” Asahi said with a smile and shrug.

"But maybe where you’re from trains their medics differently? What’s it like where you’re from? Or oh, I’m sorry, if that’s not something you want to talk about either. If so, that’s cool.” Asahi asked and put the ball in Kazu’s court again, as he shifted his position again.

Asahi went back to laying in the bed. This time it was relaxed on his side, and his golden eyes didn’t have as much intensity in them but still had curiosity as he looked to Kazu.

Asahi wasn’t here to just fight, or make his village look good. He was here to learn about the world out of his reach until he got permission to see it. And what better way than to talk to the people from those places?

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 11, 2022 9:03:34 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Asahi was aware that medics weren't usually too difficult to fight, however that was what made them more difficult. When they were aware of their own lack of combat prowess, they usually had something to make up for it. "You're right that it's usually easy, but medics usually know that. When they're aware of it is when they become a problem. Most medics would have a way to make up for it, a weapon or a specific jutsu that can be used for healing and harming." He would say, he wasn't sure what Asahi might have to counter his weaknesses, but Kazu had some stuff to make up for his as well.

"While they're taught to keep themselves out of danger, there's also times when they have to put themselves in danger. So yes, they aren't as experienced in combat. However, they do still have more experience than a fresh Genin. Plus, I feel like most villages wouldn't send a medic to the exams if they didn't have some combat capability." Asahi had pretty much confirmed what Kazu had said a minute ago. He was aware of his own shortcomings and saw the potential to use medical jutsu in an offensive way. 

"My village? In all honesty I'm not too sure how we train medics, I only really know of my sensei but... He's a special case, I think. As far as what it's like in general it's very cold for most people. And don't worry, I wouldn't answer the question if I didn't want to." He chose his words carefully, giving Asahi slight hints that he likely wouldn't realize applied to Kazu until the fights started. 

Asahi laid back on the empty bed, Tokaku's. It still hurt that she was gone, but at least he felt better now. Talking with Haruka, with Jou, and now Asahi definitely helped him out of his sadness. 
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 15, 2022 15:08:06 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
"Very cold?" Asahi said in response to the brief insight of the boy's words about his village. He fake shuddered and let out a fake "Brrr," with a smile as if he was cold just thinking about it. "Cold and I don't blend well. Maybe because of what I usually wear." Asahi said, while looking down at his attire.

His "medical jacket" was pretty thin, and his tank top didn't have sleeves. He rarely dressed for the cold. Konoha and Fire Country never really got too cold, and when it did, Asahi usually stayed inside.

"Do you all get a lot of snow. And what are the animals like? I'm sure they're different than the animals around Konoha." Asahi said, again with his kid like curiosity. It was clear that he was a boy with a lot of questions...But he hadn't seen snow with his own eyes yet but if they were from somewhere very cold, snow and ice were likely right?

Or maybe it was cold just because of wind? Asahi didn't have enough information make any concrete conclusions, but his brain kept churning. His stomach growling, interrupted the turning of his brain for a moment. The growl was long, interrupting the two's discussion.

Asahi rubbed his stomach, like he was trying to calm and animal. "Heh, sorry...But got any snacks you're willing to share?"

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 16, 2022 23:22:36 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu laughed a bit at Asahi's fake shivering. Asahi seemed to dislike the cold, much like Okingshi. "That seems to be the case for a few of the participants I've met. Though if it's just the clothing, you could probably bring more appropriate clothing for Yukigakure. Best to go prepared if you go at all, you know?" Kazu advised. Clothing wasn't a big deal for Kazu, his clan had a natural resistance to the cold after all. He only wore a jacket because he liked the look of it.

Kazu looked over at the other participant, noticing his clothing finally. A thin-looking medical jacket, with a tank top under it. Yeah, not the best clothing for cold weather.

The boy then proceeded to ask what animals were in Yuki, as well as if they had a lot of snow. "Yeah, we get a lot of snow. As far as animals we've got penguins. Polar bears too. Mostly animals that live in a cold environment. What about your place?" Kazu asked, he felt like most of what he'd said was pretty self-explanatory. Then again, Kazu had lived there his whole life.

As Kazu finished his explanation, Asahi's stomach growled. "Snacks? Most everything I have would need to be cooked. Except maybe some Kirin Mitsu, would a drink suffice?" He asked. 
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Apr 25, 2022 16:40:03 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi's eyes widened with interest with each animal that Kazu mentioned. Then, his stomach growl happened and was addressed. "A drink would suffice. Dealer's choice." Asahi returned before continuing.

"Konoha? It's pretty middle of the road temperature wise, and weather wise really...We have a lot of forest, so you get things like wolves, bears, deer." the Konoha genin said as his face showed he was searching for more.

"Some parts of Hi No Kuni are more mountainous, some are more plain like, and some are more swampy, so the flora and fauna change with the terrain of course...And Kawa, the wetlands, have unique flora and fauna, some even still undiscovered! And even with the discovered ones, there is still so much to learn!" Asahi continued with clear excitement about the place he considered home, Kawa specifically.

He didn't technically grow up there, but the place was the backyard of his family's house in the woods. If handed a drink he would accept it, taking a wiff of it's aroma before drinking some.

"Oh and lots of insects around Konoha, since the forest kind of surrounds it," Asahi added and finished about his own home, making a wiggly motion with the fingers of his free hand to playfully mimic them.

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Jun 27, 2022 16:47:21 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu grabbed the drink and tossed it to Asahi before speaking once again, "That should do the trick, if not we can go get some food from the cafeteria later." 

He went on to explain what Konohagakure was like, pretty normal as far as temperature and weather. However, since there was a lot of forest, most of the animals were creatures that matched that. Bears, wolves, deer and more roamed the likes of Konoha. Some areas of Hi no Kuni were vastly different from others though. It was filled with mountains, swamps, plains, and even wetlands. Each environment had their own type of habitats to them, different creatures, plants and anything in between. "At least y'all have variety, anything that's different is covered in snow so we don't really get a chance to see the differences in Yukigakure." He would smile at the boy.

Konoha also had a lot of insects though, part of being located in a forest apparently. "Yeah, Yuki has some but not a lot." He would state, he rarely saw insects there really, but there was some. Even now, the golden-eyed boy seemed to want to learn anything he could. It was a nice change of pace from what Kazu was used to.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Jul 2, 2022 19:50:07 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi caught the drink Kazu tossed him with ease but continued his explanation instead of opening it. Once they were both done speaking, and there was a pause in their conversation, he popped the drink open.

After a long, satisfying gulp, he set the drink to the side and nodded with a smile to show it. Kazu was right. That did the trick. His brain immediately went back to imagining and letting Kazu's explanation of Yukigakure sink in. The snow probably did cover a lot there, but that only presented a different type of opportunity in Asahi's eyes.

"You said that the snow covers up the differences right? If that's the case that sounds like a unique place for exploration, kind of like Sunagakure and Wind Country's deserts. Think of all the fascinating things that the snow has covered as time has passed?!" Asahi said, curiosity and wonder behind his tone.

"Are there any big mysteries or things like that the people of your country know about lost in the snow somewhere?" Asahi asked as he shifted to a different laid out position on the bed, and took another drink as he waited on the Yuki native's response.

The more and more he was told, the more his desire to see the cold country and village grew. Almost all of his interactions with genin from other villages throughout this exam had brought up similar feelings. One thing was clear, Asahi wanted to see the world. Needed to see the world.

Notes:

Tag: 

the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Sept 22, 2022 16:26:26 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
As expected, the golden-eyed boy caught the drink tossed to him. He opted to continuing the conversation instead of immediately drinking the beverage, maybe that was considered a courtesy? Kazu wasn't the most knowledgeable in social skills, so he wasn't really certain. Once there was a pause in the conversation, Asahi finally opened the drink.

As the boy enjoyed the beverage, Kazu continued to explain how Yukigakure was, mostly in an environmental sense. The boy then proceeded to wonder what it was that the snow covered up. In all honesty, Kazu had never really thought about it. He'd simply walk all over the snow without wondering what was underneath. 

"I've never really thought about it honestly. To us, the snow is like the grass in your village. It's what we walk on, I don't think most people look underneath to find its contents or anything like that. Though who knows, maybe I just don't know about it." The boy shifted on Tokaku's old bed, while Kazu walked over to his own and laid on his back. 

"I think it'd be nice to see some of the other villages though. I definitely like Mizu no Kuni. At least, from what we've seen of it. The atmosphere is definitely... something I don't like as much. But every village has its issues." The boy would say, giving Asahi a smile.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Sept 27, 2022 23:45:07 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi listened to Kazu's words but they didn't quite click with Asahi. He understood, but didn't agree. But maybe that was because he didn't live there.

Maybe those who came upon Hi No Kuni would be surprised at all the unexplored caves, and woods that they hadn't bothered to look into yet. Or maybe Asahi was in the same boat. Maybe they had been explored, and they were just things he didn't know about...The topic of the conversation shifted as they did physically.

"The atmosphere seems alright to me. What? Mizu no Kuni to warm for you?" Asahi playfully asked with tongue out smile in return to Kazu's, before continuing seriously.

"But yeah, I like it too...In our village, they have a reputation of being these cold, heartless, savages but I haven't seen much of that so far. The people seem, alright to me. And the nature from what I've seen so far is also pretty interesting...But that's why seeing other villages would be more than nice!" Asahi said, taking a moment to try and reel in his budding excitement.

"Think of all the places out there, the different nature, people...That's why I have to become chuunin, to see as much of it as I can and learn from it all!" Asahi finished looking up at the ceiling with an arm reaching out, as if he was reaching for the world behind the wall of his rank. He let his arm rest back by his side on the bed. "Like you said though, every village does have it's issues. Konoha definitely does." Asahi admitted with a small sigh, still in a staring contest with the ceiling.

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS&GS
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Oct 13, 2022 15:40:35 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Drifting in between being asleep and awake, Kazu listened to Asahi's words. The boy didn't quite understand what he meant by atmosphere, so Kazu had to explain a little bit better. "I don't mean in a literal sense. I mean like the people here. Their attitude. The structure of their buildings. I guess a better way of saying it is the culture of Mizu no Kuni. I don't know though, maybe it's just the rain that makes it feel that way." The boy then responded to Asahi's joke, "If it is too warm for me, I'd say that's fair since I grew up in a village full of snow." He grinned. It wasn't really too warm, but it was nice to joke about it.

Apparently, Konoha had a reputation of being heartless and unfeeling people, but that didn't seem to be the case from the people Kazu had met. "As far as the people I've met from Konoha, no one really seems that heartless to me. Granted, I've only met fellow Genin at the exams, but none of them seem that horrible from what I can tell." The words of Taki when they'd first met rang through his mind though, what if they just wanted to stab him in the back later? He'd have to be careful. 

"I really didn't come into these exams with an expectation to pass, other people expect enough of me as is. Plus, if I expect the worst, I won't be disappointed. That being said, it would be nice to get the rank of Chuunin. See other villages more often. Go on more challenging missions. I wouldn't mind it." He would say, still drifting in and out of sleep. By the time Asahi would have another chance to speak, he'd be completely passed out on his bed.
the pressure of the messenger (kazu)Oct 25, 2022 15:39:39 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi listened from the other bed as Kazu spoke through his drifts in and out of sleep. It started off slight at first, but by the time the boy from the cold was finished speaking, it was clear who was going to win that fight. The exams were and would continue to be demanding, Asahi had no doubt about that.

He nodded when Kazu said he hadn’t met anybody in the exams that was heartless. Asahi hadn’t met anybody quite like that either. There were some who were aggressive, and some who were…eclectic, but none who were quite as far as heartless. And if so, no more heartless than he was himself.

His focus centered on Kazu as the boy started his last words with not expecting to pass. "Oh?” Asahi expressed, a little surprised as Kazu went on. He felt the weight behind the boy’s words. The pressure that went along with people’s expectations that he spoke of. He wasn’t the first person he had met that expressed that type of weight on him. Asahi had been spared from that apparently.

"Yeah, it would be nice. And I’m sure you’ll get it. And when we’re both chuunin we have to find a way to meet up and show each other around our respective worlds!” Asahi said with excitement. But it was met with the quiet breaths of Kazu finally having to give in to the rest that tugged at him. His brief companion had fallen asleep.

Asahi quietly got up from the bed of his deceased Konoha teammate, realizing that he had almost forgotten that her missing was the reason why he had come here in the first place. He had lost a teammate, but as he walked out of the room, trying not to make any noise that would wake the other boy, felt like he had gained the beginnings of a friend.

[END]

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS&GS

quick reply

compose a reply